True Manufacturing Employee Reviews in Bowling Green, MO

Great pay, awful management
Sheet Metal Worker (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, MOJune 20, 2019
I met some great people but there was SO much drama. The management was terrible, this is not a place that cares about their employees. They say there's room for advancement but you have to wait 6 months to move, then a year there to even be able to apply. They only offer hsa insurance and its not worth the money.
June 24, 2019

Thank you for your review. We value our team members knowledge and have many opportunities for growth through internal promotions, which are communicated weekly.True is also proud to offer competitive pay and benefits.

Coworkers are great, management needs work
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, MOJune 12, 2019
I have been at True for 4 years. At first I didn't have any issues with my job. I love my coworkers and you aren't going to find another employer in this area that pays this well. However, I have been stuck in the same job for the past 4 years, and have asked countless times to be moved elsewhere. They advertise in your interview that you get moved around a lot, with the opportunity to advance in the company. This is a lie. The majority of the jobs offered that are opportunities to advance, require you to know a lot of different jobs. And you can't learn any jobs because, management refuses to move people around. Also, the only time management ever comes and talks to you, is to gripe at you about something. No one ever comes and says thank you, or makes you feel even a little bit appreciated. Like I said, I love the people I work with, but something needs to be done about how management treats their employees.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Awful insurance, strict rules regarding vacation & PTO
June 13, 2019

Material Handler/Forklift Operator/Lead (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, MOJune 11, 2019
Great company to work for they care about you and your family no top off paid always get a raise and good benefits and Bonuses also family fun day was great would not have left this job if I did move out of state
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Na
June 12, 2019

Thank you for your review. We appreciate you sharing your experience.

Good people to work with
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, MOJune 8, 2019
People I worked with were great. Just other than that I was raised if you can't say anything nice than its best not to say anything at all..... so im not going to say a word.......sorry but that's my opinion !!!
Pros
Pay
June 11, 2019

Thank you for your review. We offer many outlets for team members to provide feedback and would encourage sharing any concerns with Human Resources.

nice place to work
Sheet Metal Worker (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, MOJanuary 10, 2019
very friendly atmosphere, lots of easy jobs to do. the hardest part of the job is the hours. the best part of the job was the skills they taught you and the different jobs available.
Pros
well paid
Cons
work hours less than desirable
January 16, 2019

Thank you for your review. We appreciate you taking time to share your experience.

Team
Line (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, MOOctober 15, 2018
It would of been a great place to work, overall. I just messed up and went to ofallon instead of staying in bowling green, on my second day of training.
Pros
Good money, and health benefits
Cons
Short breaks
December 6, 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience. We appreciate your review.

Hot
Body shop / line floater (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, MOJuly 30, 2018
Good place to work when you start off your life but not for long term. You get raises every 6 months but thats you forever to get in a higher pay scale. They also don't give enought raises or any raises to the people that work the hardest.
Pros
Rasies
Cons
Hot, never appreciated
August 7, 2018

Thank you for your review. True cares very much for our employees and provides many outlets for team members to share concerns. Although the factories are not temperature controlled in the summer time, we do allow team members to bring in personal coolers to store their water bottles in and there are many water fountains throughout the facility. On days that there is a heat advisory, we provide electrolyte drinks to keep team members hydrated. In addition, True is proud to offer competitive pay and benefits. We also offer two General Factory raises each year and merit raises are awarded based on work performance.

Horrible
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, MOOctober 30, 2017
These people treat you like trash and lie to you every chance they get. They will tell you when you start that they have never had a lay off. Well it's kinda true. When they get slow they just start firing people left and right. Typically there is no warning because they don't care. They treat you worse than dogs with very little breaks and walk around with a stop watch and time you how long it takes you to do a job and tell you to move faster.
Pros
It's a check.
Cons
Where do I start
Great but stressful place to work at
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, MOAugust 28, 2017
It is a great place to work at depends on where your at my job consisted of lack of communicating from leads to supervisors to scared tactics to make you speed up other than that great pay with great raises and benefits
Pros
Competive pay, great benifits and dont work on weekend's
Cons
Poor training, communication is not a big thing there, Lack of respect from managers and try to scare you to make you work faster
September 11, 2017

Thank you for your review. We appreciate you recognizing the pay, benefits and work schedule. There are many outlets for team members to share concerns and feedback. If there was a concern regarding a supervisor's leaderships or communication, we would encourage team members to share this information with Plant Management or Human Resources.

fast paced and demanding yet very repetitive
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, MOMay 12, 2017
Overall True Manufacturing is a good place to be employed as long as the employee understands the work required.
This is a fast paced goal driven assembly line/production job which requires very repetitive assembly... the employee does the same thing all day long and is expected to do so in a very expedient manner in a warehouse environment. There is little to no time to converse with other employees an expect to reach your production goals each day.

True is a company who does value their employees however they ARE a company. Supervisors DO listen to the employees and do their best to provide what each employee needs to be comfortable and successful in their position.
Yet, the bottom line is production and your ability to keep pace with their needs.
The working environment is a heated but not cooled warehouse which means, even with fans at each workstation, it can become extremely uncomfortable in the summer. Being a manufacturing assembly warehouse environment it is also quite loud.. I suggest earplugs for all people since long term exposure to these noises WILL effect an employees hearing for the long term. True provides not only 3 types of ear plugs at no cost but they also provide all other safety equipment necessary except for steel toed footwear.

True manufacturing strongly believes in safety first, even above production. Safety and quality really are the first two things True focuses on and is paramount to everything they ask an employee to do. They do not cut corners on an employees safety!

The most difficult part of this position for me was,
  more... once I learned my job, the repetition became beyond boring and mindless regardless of the speed I had to produce at.  less
Pros
Supervisors who listen and do all they can to reslove issues
Cons
repition and heat
Boring
Assembly Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, MOMay 3, 2017
This place is the most boring job you will ever have the give the people that don't want to work they make it easy then the people that do work they give more work to.
Pros
Cons
Its a terrible place to work
Very Rewarding
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, MOFebruary 3, 2017
I only worked at True a few months, but it was an awesome hands on experience and I learned a few skills that helped me outside of the workplace. The hardest part of the job was trying to keep up with other workers.
Pros
starting wage, benefits
Cons
short breaks, too strict attendance policy
February 10, 2017

Thank you for your positive review. We value your feedback.

Review
Production Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, MOJanuary 19, 2017
A typical day at work for me consisted of many different tasks. I became a floater and did such jobs as: cleaning inside/outside of coolers, peeling plastic, putting rails on, making housing units, helping with the shipping department, applying luevers, silicone, logos, and back bumpers to coolers, getting coolers ready for charting and pushing them through the line, cutting plastic for housing units, and small amounts of welding. I very much enjoyed working here as the pay was great, I always kept busy, and I had friends that made the job even more worthwhile.
Pros
Good pay, friendly workers, efficient use of time
Cons
Drama by other co-workers
February 10, 2017

Thank you for your positive review. We appreciate you taking time to share your experience.

Productive workplace
material handler (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, MOSeptember 6, 2016
Overall ok place to work.

Must watch what u say and who you discuss work related
issues with.
Company does not allow for mistakes. No second chances given.
I loved working here.
Punch Press/Sheet Metal Operator (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, MOApril 16, 2016
I enjoyed showing up to work everyday. I learned how to read a mesauring tape. I learned how to read blueprints. The Management was excellent they were always there when you needed them. My co-workers were very friendly and easy to work with. I never really had a hard part of my job.
professional work place
Line worker (Former Employee) –  Bowling green, MOJuly 29, 2015
For the location they are In I think they pay great and offer wonderful benefits. Co-workers are a joy to be around. Supervisors do what they can to get you what you need in a timely manner.
True Manufacturing is a refrigeration manufacturing company based out of the United States
Process Engineer Co-op (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, MOJune 3, 2015
A typical day at True Manufacturing would start with clocking in and filling out reports that would be sent to factory line managers, building mangers, and my managers. After I finished with the reports I would work on completing tasks that I was previously given. Once those task were completed I would ask my managers for more to do, and if they didn’t have any more work I would find and work on way that I thought the factory could be improved. When I completed my task I would show my manager and get their feedback on it. My coworkers were wonderful. I allowed them to freely critique me so that I could work on continually improving. Witch created a more open atmosphere where problems regarding the factory could be more freely and openly shared. I learned and refined many skills while working at True Manufacturing. The skill that improved the most was my ability to use Solid Works. The best part of my experience at True Manufacturing was watching the factory and company improve because of the things I worked on and did.
Pros
Lunches provided at work, A good employee atmosphere
productive fast paced enviroment
Sheet Metal Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, MODecember 31, 2013
True was a great company to work for and a typical day at work included fabricating metal and reporting to my boss on a daily basis. I learned how to form parts and put in lights for industrial grade coolers. my co workers and I got along great. The hardest part was the fast paced non stop no breaks because I was part time.
Pros
nice boss
Cons
no breaks
very strict with employees. Do not treat employees with respect nor let them be members in their so called team management
Cafeteria/Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, MOAugust 9, 2013
cannot give a complimentary review with this company. found out the hard way that people are only a number to this company. after giving them 16 years of an excellent work history I was terminated for using my cell phone during a family emergency. I did love my job however because I enjoy the challenge of sustaining a profitable and safe environment. I also love to cook!! Got along very well with co-workers. They had respect for me and my goals.
Pros
non
Cons
employees not treated with respect
Fast pace job, and great environment
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, MOJuly 17, 2013
I love my job now. Its a great environment to work in and great people to work with everyday.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at True Manufacturing. Our community is ready to answer.