True Manufacturing Employee Reviews

Targeting team skills and 2 second lean
Maintenance Electrician/Mechanic (Current Employee) –  O'Fallon, MOMarch 15, 2019
Looks like a team environment, but have some way to go to reach that goal. Some management is far from Team oriented. Nice people to work with, better than other places I've worked.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
pay & cut in profit sharing
May 18, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We value your feedback.

Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Mexico, MOMarch 6, 2019
I personally enjoyed working at true. Currently trying to get my job back with them. Supervisor was good. Line lead worked with you to get job done if needed.
May 18, 2019

Thank you for your review. We appreciate you highlighting our greatest asset, our people!

ok
Factory Line Worker (Current Employee) –  MissouriFebruary 8, 2019
Management is decent. Production standards increased rapidly as a result quality standards have suffered somewhat. The work atmosphere promotes comraderie and kindness. Christmas time is incredibly uncomfortable for a non Christian minority. Despite efforts to control the culture of the work place there remains a huge sense of judgement and criticism, gossip, bullying, etc. Minor line issues are often exploited and dramatized. The health insurance is horrible. The savings program is awesome. Raises are fair. Work is easy enough but stressful. When you get comfortable at your job expect to be moved. As far as I can tell breaks are only 10 minutes. Most jobs are 15 then you walk back. Here it is 10 then you walk back and be back before 2nd bell. Entirely too short for a 10 hr shift.
Pros
easy work
Cons
work hours
May 18, 2019

Thank you for the review. True is proud to be an equal opportunity employer with team members in our factory and offices with a variety backgrounds. We believe that our employees are our greatest asset and help us be the industry leading refrigeration manufacturer that we are. True is also proud to offer competitive pay and benefits.

True does not take care of its equipment
2nd Shift Systems Tooling and Automation Lead (Former Employee) –  O'Fallon, MOJanuary 26, 2019
Grew too fast and too short sighted. Most equipment is deteriorating. Cannot have 1 person responding to 16 buildings worth of issues. Due to this, regardless of your position, every shift is hectic and high stress as things break left and right.
May 18, 2019

Thank you for your review. We are continuously working with the production team to review the manufacturing process. Our goal is to ensure team members are working safely to produce a quality product in reasonable amount of time that meets our customers needs.

Basic factory
Factory worker (Current Employee) –  O'Fallon, MOJanuary 24, 2019
Its a basic factory where you have to actuqlly work they run their business pretty well and for the pay the job isnt to bad most people and management are cool to work with
May 18, 2019

Thank you for your review. We appreciate you sharing your experience.

nice place to work
Sheet Metal Worker (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, MOJanuary 10, 2019
very friendly atmosphere, lots of easy jobs to do. the hardest part of the job is the hours. the best part of the job was the skills they taught you and the different jobs available.
Pros
well paid
Cons
work hours less than desirable
January 16, 2019

Thank you for your review. We appreciate you taking time to share your experience.

Pretty Solid Place to work for.
Sheet Metal Worker (Current Employee) –  O'Fallon, MOJanuary 7, 2019
I set up programs to form and shape different types of metal and measure the finish product. I have no real complaint about my current job. I would recommend anybody to work here.
Pros
Paid, Work schedule
January 16, 2019

Cut-throat culture
Office employee (Former Employee) –  O'Fallon, MONovember 18, 2018
This company is trying to make the environment and policies better, but change is slow. Few advancement opportunities, no paid paternity or maternity leave. Very strict attendance policies. Some managers are amazing, others need coaching. Overall, it is a steady paycheck in a tolerable environment, if you are not ambitious.
Pros
On site cafeteria, life insurance
Cons
Poor health insurance, low pay, "secret formula" for yearly bonus.
December 6, 2018

Thank you for your response. True is continually reviewing policies, procedures and pay and are making necessary changes to continue to be competitive.

expected a lot from employees but was well compensated
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Mexico, MOOctober 16, 2018
A typical day at true mfg. consisted of waking up very early and spending all day working on the fabrication of refrigerators. depending on the position you had. for the lion share of my time there I was a repair guy so I would spend most of my day fixing damaged units.

I learned too much at true to put in this box but, the most important lesson I learned was patience.
Pros
well compensated
Cons
stressfull

Team
Line (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, MOOctober 15, 2018
It would of been a great place to work, overall. I just messed up and went to ofallon instead of staying in bowling green, on my second day of training.
Pros
Good money, and health benefits
Cons
Short breaks

cafeteria
Quality Control (Former Employee) –  O'Fallon, MOOctober 11, 2018
Had a lot snitches not minding their own business, but it was a job. As long as you did your job and worked well with the supervisor you will do fine at this job.

Stay away!
Sheet Metal Operator (Current Employee) –  MissouriSeptember 15, 2018
You are underpaid and overworked! You start off with the Company with benefits! Now they are taking them away! Insurance is terrible over 3000.00 deductible! Nothing is covered until then! Low morale and they have a revolving door!
Pros
Nothing I can see! Truthfully.
Cons
Way to much to list!
December 6, 2018

Thank you for your review. True provides multiple health insurance options for team members to choose what works best for them. Additionally, we continually review our pay and benefits to remain competitive with other employers.

Stressful
Inventory control (Current Employee) –  O'Fallon, MOAugust 30, 2018
They only cared about numbers and not the quality or safety of a person. They wanted to make sure they got their daily goal every day regardless of the damage that was done to coolers
December 6, 2018

Thank you for your review. True’s motto has always been Safety first, Quality second and Production third. Safety is of the utmost importance to us. Please contact the Safety Department, HR or your Leadership to share your concerns.

No advancement opportunities
Production line worker- line decaler (Former Employee) –  O'Fallon, MOAugust 22, 2018
Would not recommend working there they are very strict there training is a joke but if you screw up they are really mad even though you were not trained to begin with.
December 6, 2018

Thank you for your review. We value our team members knowledge and have many opportunities for growth through internal promotions, which are communicated weekly.

Life at True
Line Technician (Former Employee) –  Saint Peters, MOAugust 22, 2018
You were held to standards that had to be met every hour. Once standards were met you could work ahead to hit your goal for the following hour but more times than non they took you off the work you were doing to help else where.
Pros
Sense of accomplishment to build something
Cons
pay and being micro managed

Don’t do it
Line Worker (Current Employee) –  O'Fallon, MOAugust 19, 2018
Horrible, no respect for hard working employees, horrible training, scolded and HR is always against you even if you’re sexually assaulted by your supervisor.
December 6, 2018

Thank you for your review. True seeks to create and maintain a work environment which is free from all harassment. True will absolutely not permit sexual assault or anything of the kind. We ask that you report this information to the HR department immediately. Our “zero tolerance” policy includes harassment from coworkers and even our outside vendors or visitors. All complaints are taken seriously, investigated in as confidential manner as possible, and handled appropriately.

Terrible job
r/Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  O'Fallon, ILAugust 3, 2018
Job was terrible. Managers are a let down. No cost of living raises. Terrible benefits package. Competition on every line for no reason. The only success comes from kissing up.
Pros
Week off at Christmas unpaid
August 7, 2018

Thank you for your review. True is proud to offer competitive pay and benefits.

Hot
Body shop / line floater (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, MOJuly 30, 2018
Good place to work when you start off your life but not for long term. You get raises every 6 months but thats you forever to get in a higher pay scale. They also don't give enought raises or any raises to the people that work the hardest.
Pros
Rasies
Cons
Hot, never appreciated
August 7, 2018

Thank you for your review. True cares very much for our employees and provides many outlets for team members to share concerns. Although the factories are not temperature controlled in the summer time, we do allow team members to bring in personal coolers to store their water bottles in and there are many water fountains throughout the facility. On days that there is a heat advisory, we provide electrolyte drinks to keep team members hydrated. In addition, True is proud to offer competitive pay and benefits. We also offer two General Factory raises each year and merit raises are awarded based on work performance.

Fast paced assembly line
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Pacific moJuly 26, 2018
Assembled coolers and freezers and a fast pace work environment and the people there are very friendly the management is very responsive lack of career in advancement.
Cons
No advancement
July 30, 2018

Thank you for your review. We do value our team members' knowledge and have many opportunities for growth through internal promotions. These opportunities are communicated weekly and are available for all qualified individuals to apply. True is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.

Good Company
Credit and Collections and Risk Management (Current Employee) –  O'Fallon, MOJuly 24, 2018
I have enjoyed working for True. I would like to work closer to home. My coworkers are great. I have learned a lot working for True Manufacturing in many departments.
July 26, 2018

Thank you for your positive review. We appreciate you sharing your experience and highlighting our greatest asset, our people!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at True Manufacturing. Our community is ready to answer.