True Manufacturing Employee Reviews

Very productive, great benefits
Senior Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  O'Fallon, MOAugust 29, 2017
PROS
Very productive, great benefits.

CONS
Upper management does not get involved with middle management and there are not reviews for them. Issues are not addressed in an adequate balance.
September 11, 2017

Thank you for your review. We appreciate you recognizing the great benefits that True provides. There are many outlets for team members to share concerns, ideas and feedback. If there was a concern regarding manager performance, we would encourage team members to share this information with Human Resources or Office Management

Great but stressful place to work at
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, MOAugust 28, 2017
It is a great place to work at depends on where your at my job consisted of lack of communicating from leads to supervisors to scared tactics to make you speed up other than that great pay with great raises and benefits
Pros
Competive pay, great benifits and dont work on weekend's
Cons
Poor training, communication is not a big thing there, Lack of respect from managers and try to scare you to make you work faster
September 11, 2017

Thank you for your review. We appreciate you recognizing the pay, benefits and work schedule. There are many outlets for team members to share concerns and feedback. If there was a concern regarding a supervisor's leaderships or communication, we would encourage team members to share this information with Plant Management or Human Resources.

Fast paced environment
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  O'Fallon, MOAugust 18, 2017
It was my first job out of High School. A great stepping stone to my future. The atmosphere was fast paced and co-workers were enjoyable to be with.
August 23, 2017

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your positive comments.

Interesting
Punch Press Setup (Former Employee) –  Saint Peters, MOJuly 20, 2017
It was a decent job for the first few months, but then after it all became job politics. The supervisors would stand in a circle and talk for most of the day, and then walk around and scrutinize you for not working to the impossible rate that the office set.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Supervisors going on power trips
July 31, 2017

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback. True provides many outlets for team members to share concerns. If there are issues with a leader or production goals we encourage team members to share with Plant Management or Human Resources.

Easy going and most line leaders had good communication skills
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  O' Fallon , MoJuly 18, 2017
Some people were not team players and some of us worked hard and felt like some of us would get no where. Some managers took advantage of some people. Also feel some of them never worked hard to get those kind of jobs. Respected my line leader and others
Work well with a lot of good employee's
Pros
40 min lunch breaks .
Cons
To many chiefs and not enough indians.
July 31, 2017

Thank you for your review. We appreciate you highlighting out greatest assets, our team members.

Decent Place To Work
Assembler (Former Employee) –  O'Fallon, MOJuly 5, 2017
This was a decent place to work. Overall, I wanted to learn about the field of Sales and I wanted to go back to school. Always took care of personal needs when I needed to.
July 10, 2017

Thank you for the positive review. We appreciate you sharing your experience.

great people
Industrial Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  O'Fallon, MOJune 27, 2017
great company and great employees. fun place to work at . thought me more about electrical works. Awesome management,who are always ready to assist to my workplace a better place to learn.
June 28, 2017

Thank you for sharing your experience. We appreciate you taking time to write a review.

Very strict and closed minded employer.
Logistics Manager (Former Employee) –  O'Fallon, MOJune 25, 2017
True is just behind the times as for as being progressive and forward thinking. I had many ideas for process improvement and they (my immediate Mgr) would not be open to listen or try new things. They lose a lot of quality people.
July 10, 2017

True is proud to be the industry leader in commercial refrigeration. We believe employees' ideas and suggestions are a vital piece of our success.

Structured workplace with many rules
Project Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  O'Fallon, MOJune 18, 2017
Non-transparent management. Unclear goals and path to reach goals. Minimal advancement opportunities. Most enjoyable part can be the people you work with.
June 28, 2017

Thank you for your review. We appreciate you highlighting our greatest asset, our people.

Great company would still be employed by True however, due to rebalancing my position was eliminated
Proofer (Former Employee) –  Ofallon MOJune 16, 2017
Co workers were fabulous in unit and outside unit. Typical day was confirming cooler units ordered were the proper unit and quantity was ordered properly. After complied traffic would set up the ship of the units. After unit was shipped confirmed and proofing received the bill of ladings, the invoice was generated.
No Chance to Move Up
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Saint Peters, MOJune 10, 2017
Do not plan on moving up in to any better positions. All "politics" when it comes to opinions of your work abilities and effort. Not really that great
July 5, 2017

Thank you for your review. True is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.

Great but...
Engineer (Former Employee) –  O'Fallon, MOJune 8, 2017
True is great as far as everything else but the way they track your time. 7am is on time but 7:01am is late and you'll be docked if you don't swipe that bade before then..but you cant swipe too early or you'll get in trouble for that too even if you're a salary employee :L
July 5, 2017

Thank you for your review. Structure is important to True as it takes everyone being at work and collaborating together to accomplish great things. There are flexibility options available for unexpected emergencies.

Great people
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  O'Fallon, MOJune 6, 2017
Enjoyed the people. Job started to have difficulty in production and sales. They were rebalancing the office.I would like to one day improve into office. To inhance in my experience.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Only one break
hard and fast paced
Punch Press Operator (Former Employee) –  O'Fallon, MOJune 3, 2017
The work was and fellow employees were good with a fair pay scale.

Management didn't seem to care about the people, only the production. Problems of employees were often brushed aside.

all in all it was a good job but I wanted to use my degree as an Engineer.
Cons
extreem heat / no water near by
June 9, 2017

Thank you for the review. True cares very much for their employees and provides many outlets for team members to share concerns. Although the factories are not temperature controlled in the summer time, we do allow team members to bring in personal coolers to store their water bottles in addition there are many water fountains throughout the facility. On days that there is a heat advisory we provide an extra break in the afternoon as well as providing an electrolyte drink.

True Manufacturing provides growth and stability
Recruitment Manager (Former Employee) –  O'Fallon, MOJune 1, 2017
True Manufacturing was very good to me for 7 years. I was given opportunities to stretch my skills and grow professionally. I only left for relocation needs. I would certainly seek to go back to them if I relocated back into the market.
June 12, 2017

Thank you for the time spent with True and for the positive review.

First Step Into Adulthood
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  O'Fallon, MO 63366May 26, 2017
This job was my first step into adulthood, which took place only two months after high school and with only 8 months in the work force as experience. I was overjoyed to have obtained this job, and it instilled in me a sense of pride and work ethic that I carry to this day.
May 31, 2017

Thank you for sharing your positive experience. We appreciate the time you spent with True Manufacturing.

Great supervisors and employees
Production worker (Former Employee) –  O'Fallon, MOMay 20, 2017
Management was very nice and helpful, the job was a very fast paced. the hardest part of the job is trying to keep up till you are used to the position you will be working. Loved working here, wish I could have stayed but positions removed and I could not stay due to lack of time at the company. Hope to go back eventually.
Pros
great people to work with.
Cons
only one 10 min. break and a 30 min lunch.
Work physically very hard .
Sheet Metal Operator (Current Employee) –  MissouriMay 15, 2017
You work hard and at a fast pace! But lay offs and not knowing if you have a job on day to another is more stress than the work!!! Day goes by quickly if you work! A lot of lazy people surrounding you!
Pros
Great supervisor
Cons
lay offs and pay
Great environment
Fleet/Maintenance Coordinator (Current Employee) –  O'Fallon, MOMay 14, 2017
True has a great team driven environment. The hours are balanced and benefits are good. Advancement opportunities are plentiful and True encourages a hire from within culture.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
Production policies
June 12, 2017

Thank you for taking time to write a review, we appreciate you sharing your insight about True.

fast paced and demanding yet very repetitive
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, MOMay 12, 2017
Overall True Manufacturing is a good place to be employed as long as the employee understands the work required.
This is a fast paced goal driven assembly line/production job which requires very repetitive assembly... the employee does the same thing all day long and is expected to do so in a very expedient manner in a warehouse environment. There is little to no time to converse with other employees an expect to reach your production goals each day.

True is a company who does value their employees however they ARE a company. Supervisors DO listen to the employees and do their best to provide what each employee needs to be comfortable and successful in their position.
Yet, the bottom line is production and your ability to keep pace with their needs.
The working environment is a heated but not cooled warehouse which means, even with fans at each workstation, it can become extremely uncomfortable in the summer. Being a manufacturing assembly warehouse environment it is also quite loud.. I suggest earplugs for all people since long term exposure to these noises WILL effect an employees hearing for the long term. True provides not only 3 types of ear plugs at no cost but they also provide all other safety equipment necessary except for steel toed footwear.

True manufacturing strongly believes in safety first, even above production. Safety and quality really are the first two things True focuses on and is paramount to everything they ask an employee to do. They do not cut corners on an employees safety!

The most difficult part of this position for me was,
  more... once I learned my job, the repetition became beyond boring and mindless regardless of the speed I had to produce at.  less
Pros
Supervisors who listen and do all they can to reslove issues
Cons
repition and heat

Ask a question about working or interviewing at True Manufacturing. Our community is ready to answer.