True North Energy Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
fast paced , not much room for advancement
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP (Former Employee) –  Strongsville, OHJanuary 8, 2018
The work days were very fast paced and can be hectic. The management was always professional and great to work with. The training managers were also great.

Unfortunately, even with extensive training, the company doesn't offer much room for advancement in the expected period of time.
Fast paced environment
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Parma, OHSeptember 14, 2017
True North was a fast paced environment. I loved my customers and the employees I worked with. However, conditions at store level could have been improved for a better work/life balance.
Loved coming in and doing everything I was asked
CSR/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Troy, OHMay 10, 2017
I learned how much goes into running a gas station and the ammount of people that come in. I learned the levels of management. Workplace culture everyone feeds off of eachother. Most enjoyable part of the job was being able to get everything done in the days work.
Pros
Nice place and nice people
no support unless you have a Big problem
Manager (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHApril 1, 2017
My years with them were fun at first. Everybody helped everybody. When I was dismissed I was never given a reason why. Great if single & don't want a life.
Pros
The people I have met.
Cons
Company as whole doesn't even know your name anymore. You become just a number.
tons of hours
Currently - Production Facility Operator (Current Employee) –  Farmington NMAugust 7, 2015
work tons of hours tokeep you busy , as far as schedules go the is not really a set schedule , good experience they have a variety of oilfield services .
Great career advancement
Manager (Former Employee) –  Westerville, OHJanuary 23, 2015
I thoroughly enjoyed working here. I started as a CSR and advanced to an Asst. MGR and then to a store manager. I had some ups and downs with the company but overall they took care of me. I moved around to different stores but most of my customers would follow me. I enjoyed my friendly customers and co workers. As long as you can remember retail minus cost divided by retail you are good. Safety was always a concern for me working at a gas station because I was a young female but I had great employees who would take care of me. I had to fight to get my own store but I was paid nicely and had the most improved lotto sales from the previous year and I got an metal award for most improved coffee sales from the previous year. I highly recommend working here. I started out working second shift so if that's not your thing don't fret, advancement is possible.
Pros
Advancement, Nice Salary, Great Healthcare
Cons
Might have to work 7 days a week. Nights and Weekend.
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Andover, OHSeptember 11, 2013
I enjoyed my time with True North but feel that Corporate needs to regulate and monitor how the Managers treat the Assistant Managers. If a specific store manager can not keep an Assistant Manager for longer than a year... one might ask themselves why?
Pros
i loved the fast paced routine and daily environment.
Cons
Assistant Managers are at the mercy of their store Manager, District and field Supervisors do not help you.
friendly
Cashier/Clerk (Former Employee) –  Valley View, OHJuly 23, 2013
Customer interaction at all times was exciting, different types of people.
Pros
up beat
Cons
area
Great Job.
CSR (CASHIER) (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 25, 2013
True North brings out a good customer service to the north, great work and workers.