TrueBlue
Happiness rating is 65 out of 100

TrueBlue

TrueBlue Journeyman Carpenter Review

Plenty of work

TB has kept me busy working as much as I have wanted. In the 2 years I've worked for them, I have worked on 3 jobsites. So as long as you have a good work ethic TB customers will keep you around. But keep in mind this is a staffing agency, so you are temporary labor for the contractors you work for. Only downside to working for TB is no paid vacations. You do get paid sick time.

4.0 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

July 9, 2021
Hi there, thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback. We are pleased to hear that you had a good experience with us!

Same role

Great Company to work for

I have worked on and off with True Blue Companies since 2005, and they have always been there for me. In between other contracts, I have come back to them, and they always welcome me back. If they just had better medical insurance, I would probably never leave. But overall, the office personnel really care and try to place you where your skills fit, and are always asking how things are going. Very pro-active company.

Pros

Relevant pay scale for your field, supportive, free safety equipment and tool prizes.

Cons

Weak medical benefits, job consistency.

November 22, 2020
Hi, thank you for providing feedback about your experience at TrueBlue. If you have any additional feedback you’d like to tell us directly, feel free to call us at 855-702-5378. We’d love to chat.
Same location

I am no longer employed at this company but when I was there, I never was acknowledged for all my time and effort I gave them. My branch manager was very selfish and inconsiderate toward her staff. She carried her personal issues on her back to work with her and was very temperamental. When these issues were brought up to the attention of higher management, it was as if the issues were swept under the carpet. The work environment was so hostile and unhealthy, workers and customers would even complain about the branch manager constantly yelling and screaming. Currently thank goodness that branch manager is no longer employed with True Blue but her boss still is. I strongly feel she needs to be reprimanded for not resolving the issue because she would still have two employees that actually worked and made a difference in that particular branch.

Pros

Cons

Very poor management

May 23, 2021
Hey there, this isn’t the experience we want you to have with our branches. Will you give us a call at 253-573-5063 so we can help?
Same location

Difficult workplace.

Management will micro manage your every minute while telling you that you have the power to make decisions, you do not. Pressured to work past scheduled shifts to process late issues that are commonplace in on-demand labor services and then be required to take a long lunch the next day to avoid earning overtime, and then be reprimanded and questioned as to why you could not get done on time. Management seems to lack insight of actual job duties. Branches lack adequate staff for current work loads. Management supports a culture of disrespect between Branch Managers and branch staff alike creating an extremely negative work environment. Management lacks insight into their contribution to the negative work environment and the amount of lost productivity that occurs on a daily basis as a result. Unfortunate. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the laborers and customers alike.

July 9, 2021

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TrueBlue. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 40%
In the Top 40% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at TrueBlue.
Powered byComparably

Compare TrueBlue with

• TrueBlue
  • Plenty of work
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?