TrueNet Communications Employee Reviews

Never really felt included
OSP Engineer (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 11, 2019
There were a few people there that truly stood out and tried to help you out. Both professionally and socially (give you the sense of belonging). Unfortunately, upper management was truly terrible. I think its only redemption was that it offered some employees to work from home.
Pros
few
Cons
upper management
Love it
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 6, 2019
Its such a friendly place to work as part of a team with a common goal at the end of the day. I learned that there are multiple ways for a company and its contractors to get paid. the most enjoyable part of the job is even though we all take our positions seriously we are still able to have fun.
abort
Safety Manager (Former Employee) –  AZOctober 11, 2018
DO NOT WORK HERE!!!!
I stayed up a week straight
it's not a good environment
manager was shady. I wouldnever work here AGAIN.

my contract expired
.......................................................
Pros
hours
Cons
management
Inexperienced Management
Administrator Assistant (Former Employee) –  FloridaSeptember 22, 2018
Administrative Assitant (Former Employee) – Florida
I was lead to believe that I was being hired full-time and would be provided training. Did not happen and than was let me go saying that I was not performing at rate expected.

The person responsible for training worked from home 3 hours away and when she came to the office she was in a hurry to drive back home , I experienced rudeness, unrealistic demands, and was starting to wonder at the end of my tenure what exactly she did.

My supervisor was very inexperienced, and would have benefited from some major project management training.

HR benefits department called me after I was let go to review all the benefits. That tells you how functional communications they have internally. I was approached by a large company personnel who had visited the office and questioned the lack of professionalism.
Pros
Workiing hours and resonable wages
Cons
Poor management
Good guys to work with
Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAJuly 8, 2018
I enjoyed my brief time at TrueNet. The work was interesting and the hours were reasonable. I would have stayed at TrueNet but the pay was not great at the time I worked ther.
Pros
Work hours
Cons
Pay
what is required at truenet
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  MarylandMay 18, 2018
manual work lots of moving parts in telecommunications you have to manage your time while multitasking on multiple projects. This job requires lots of lifting and bending.
Productive and fun workplace with good corporate culture.
Fiber Designer/Administrator (Former Employee) –  Kent, WAMarch 5, 2018
Productive and fun workplace with good corporate culture.

My coworkers and managers were great people.

The only negative: lack of cohesive strategy.
Pros
Flexible, fast paced, collaberative, always something new
Cons
Lack of organization from management
Limited work with poor communications
Drafter/Designer (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAMarch 1, 2018
Arrive on time only to sit around waiting for work. When asking where the work is, there was typically no response as to when or how much. Stressful atmosphere.
Best Job
OSP Design Engineer 2 (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 22, 2018
I have been working at Truenet for more than 2 years as a CATV/Fiber designer (OSP Engineer 2). I have a boss who always lets me know where I stand and rewards my hard work. There is plenty of opportunity for upward growth. The company is incredibly transparent with EVERYTHING. They genuinely care about their employees and have continued to better their benefits and PTO policy (which rest assured was always generous). Some of my favorite things about this company is my ability to receive training and grow in my career. It also offers a very healthy work life balance; overtime may sometimes be offered but is never mandatory. I cannot day enough good things about Truenet, they have been such a joy to work for.
Pros
Upward mobility, great benefits, flexible scheduling
TrueNet
Construction Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 30, 2018
Early mornings and late evenings including weekends.
Never enough field support for a project.
Middle management does not report the correct facts from field employees resulting in unnecessary extra work.
Never given positive feedback.
Truenet Communications
FIELD ENGINEER (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 10, 2018
This used to be a great place to work. Now it's a place to work. More interested in bottom lines on a spreadsheet than actually finding out who the productive employees are and rewarding them.
Pros
relaxed atmosphere
Cons
no company loyalty
Construction Inspection
Field Engineer/ GPS Locate Technician (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 5, 2018
For the location placement (Nashville, TN.) I loved it! But as for Truenet Communications, my wishes were for the company to be more up front in their communication. Over all I'm at a coin toss with this company in general.
Great place to work with supportive Management Team.
Project Manager Fiber Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 1, 2018
Enjoyed my time at TrueNet very much as well as the support of my entire Team. A very professional and challenging work environment in a fast paced environment.
Productive and a good company to work with
Lead Implementation Engineer (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHDecember 28, 2017
Was a all around good company to work for, good benefits, 401k, vision and dental. Paid vocations, sick days and holidays. Materials was ship on time and easy to order.
Pros
Easy access to materials, engineering, fun place to work
Cons
building access and badges
for a certiain type of person
Quality Assurance Quality Control Field Engineer (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FL 32244May 15, 2017
This is a good company to work for, but it is tough on the family life. For single folks though it is a great career opportunity. A definite upside is an opportunity for advancement.
Pros
Great access to expertise.
Cons
very short notice on changes in geographic assignment.
Great company to work for within the Telecommunications Industry
Contractor / Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Deer Valley, AZAugust 18, 2015
Truenet has offered me the opportunity to learn and gain more experience in this industry. Theyhave spent time amd resources training me and that is a very valuable reality.
Pros
No set work schedule
Cons
Projects end
Workload is steady
RTU2 CDMA/WCDMA/LTE Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 21, 2015
Superiors can be/are somewhat understanding to sensitive personal/emergency situations. Minimal communication between approved business partners and end client.
Inexperienced Management
Administrative Assitant (Former Employee) –  FloridaMarch 29, 2015
I was lead to believe that I was being hired full-time and after three months they let me go saying that they no longer needed my services.

About a week prior to letting me go, I experienced rudeness, unrealistic demands, and issues that were being created that were not there.

My supervisor worked remotely, and was starting to wonder at the end of my tenure what exactly she did.

They had major streamlining issues, which made my job much more difficult than it should have been.

HR department does not think they are supposed to answer benefit questions, and will bite your head off if you call them out on what their job is.

I think they knew they were letting me go, so that is why they had a sudden attitude change toward me hoping I would quit instead, which made a bad situation much worse.
Pros
Some flexibility
Cons
Inexperienced management, no streamlining, unclear communication, and pitiful 401K match.
Foreman and field construction manager (Former Employee) –  new englandNovember 12, 2014
can be difficult to have a work/life balance working for this company
Interesting place to work
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville,FLOctober 16, 2014
Held constant communication with my Project Managers to ensure billing of sites were completed. Daily work in SRM (Ericsson) accepting bids and entering Change Orders. Update Excel trackers daily to share with Project Managers. Learned new systems such as Sage CRM and Timberline. Management was not up to par unfortunately. Enjoyed my co-workers very much, we worked well together as a team. I really loved what I did. Was laid off due to budget cuts. "Too many chiefs, not enough Indians"
Pros
No punching of a time clock
Cons
No communication within management