TruGreen

TruGreen Employee Reviews

United States3,181 reviews
Found 3,181 reviews matching the search
Featured review
TruGreen selected this as a representative review
A great place to work
The hours are great and I love the pay! My co workers are so fun and nice! I love working with everyone and going door to door speaking with new customers
Quantity over Quality
Not a bad first job or young person's job. It is fast paced and not for "great" weather people. Hot, cold, rain, sun, you will be out there working and getting it done.
Pros
Weekly pay; uniforms provided and decent pace of time off earned.
Cons
Expectations of quantity of work orders completed is far too high.
Don’t waste your time
Trugreen as a company is horrible. Customer’s are never satisfied and I don’t blame them. The supervisors are rude and disrespectful. They don’t have any communication at all. Only pro is getting paid weekly. They want $20 a hour work but pay for $13. Their turn around rate is high due to the issues above. Also lack of training, they expect for you to teach yourself and they don’t have an actual yrainwr. It’s the supervisors.
Not good
The job was long and hard and the company was very rude to customers. I would definitely not recommend working here. Find someplace else to work if you value yourself.
Great co-workers
Like all businesses, it depends on your location. The management here was excellent and engaging. Co-workers made it fun to go to work. The hardest part of the job, like any, is meeting goals.
Horrible company
I worked here for 4 years and truly, the company is horrible to their customers. The sales people call people and harass them to buy additional services sometimes there is calls every 5 minutes. A lot of times a specialist will leave paperwork on the door and flag in the lawn and just leave. I hate this company and so glad I left. I am a happier person that is for sure.
Pros
Getting paid once a week
Cons
Everything else
Worse job ever
If you like training yourself , working your .... off for little pay long hrs in all weather with no ac to escape the 100+ degree heat in summer , do the mangers job for him and working with bs equipment that breaks down more than not and are expected to fix it yourself on the fly. Then this job is for you. Should be called TRUHELL brought to you by TRU BS.
This is a joke.
You will not be paid what you're worth. $12-14 hr starting off with .15c raises. You have zero leverage no matter how good of a employee you are because they will treat you like you are expendable..and you are because they will find some other sucker to take your place. If you like being micromanaged to the point of feeling stalked then boyhave I got the job for you!! Dont waste your or your family's time. This job is a joke.
Chose any other company for lawn care or employment
Poor training, EPA rule violations, combative management style, high turn over rate, constant daily equipment break downs, theft, etc. Want to work for Trugreen? Don't! One of the worst places to work for in Nashville. Their is so much wrong with the company that I'm surprised they've survived this long . This isn't a horticulture company bit a marketing company. Once you sign up expect subpar results, constant sales calls to upgrade your account, etc. Looking for a company that will illegally shorten your paycheck too? Then trugreen is for you. I could write several paragraphs and more after working their for a couple of years.
Lol. Trash.
Job is trash. everyone there is annoying and people quit all the time. low pay- the most I made was like $12.50 even with the “raises”. there’s people that have been working there for YEARS and they prolly still only make like... $13 hourly to get yelled at by morons. hella sad. Lol. uhhhh sometimes you’ll get to go to dinner if you don’t suck at your job- that’s cool or whatever. this place needs to be shutdown. Lol. bad management. leads are idiots more concerned with being liked by everyone, and gossiping. Customers are so ANNOYING!!!! OMG always yelling and crying about grass! Who cares? Lol. My god. lots of sad people work here who can’t get real jobs.
Pros
boss is great, weekly pay, cute techs and sales folks, some of your coworkers might be OK
Cons
Everything, annoying immature leads, customers, small break room, gross bathroom, pay
Worked to the bone year after year
Work to the bone year after year. Go above and beyond working faster and doing more than assigned every day, just to have them pile on more work to your load. Then you make a mistake beyond your control and the company lets you go because "policy" . Sad really. You would think performance would outweigh unavoidable accidents.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
too much over time
Dead end job
Low pay, no opportunity. All around dead end job working for ungrateful people. Long hours with lots of 6 day work weeks. No notice when you get laid off.
Great Place to Learn and Grow
Love working for TruGreen. Everyone on the HR Leadership team supports and provide you with tools need to be successful. The Organization offer great work life balance.
bad experience
No one cares about you if you get sick or injured you are expected to do all the work you missed on top of the work you have for that day and then you get in trouble when you don't meet that quota futhering your chance of receiving a bonus management will countinue to stack things on top of you without warning
Salary and Commision
When I started I was not sure about doing a sales job, but the management team and people made me feel positive that I could do the job and also supported me.
Have to stay positive as they sales is hard to get people to buy lawn care but it a good feeling when you get the sales and met your quota.
Value revenue over people
The company has little to no diversity at the management level. You are often attacked no matter how good u are doing. High turnover for all front line positions. Pay needs to be better. All about numbers and how good u can make your numbers look not the people.
Management only cares about their bonus.
My experience there wasn’t necessarily bad but they sell you something completely different. You can’t make much off of sales, and the hourly pay it pretty bad for the work you do. Really nice people work there feels like you’re working with friends but the compensation isn’t good enough to keep you around.
The place is very production orriented.
The place would be better if the equipment was much better kept. I love the route driving and dealing with the customers. It is very independent work but micro managed as well
Pros
Gift cards for surveys
Cons
super long work days
This is slave work
This job is LITERALLY for slaves. Your expected to do 25-30 lawns a DAY! And If you don’t your service rate will be not great. This is very very exhausting and elderly physical for $14/hr. Fast food restaurant pay around the same and not NEARLYYY as physical demanding as this.
Long hours high expectations
DIDN'T CARE ABOUT YOU AS A PERSON UNREAL EXPECTATIONS FAULTY van too much over time mandatory to work on Saturday expect to work 50 plus hours a week terrible uniforms for summer time
Profit originated
No advancement, pay is standard for all positions. Management is only worried about production dollars. Make promises they can’t keep. Training system is garbage.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at TruGreen. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9
2.9
Ratings from women
2.5
InHerSight Score
2.2Personal Development
2.8Career Opportunities
2.5Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight