TruGreen Employee Reviews

lots of phone sales
Call Center Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Parker, COJuly 14, 2018
learning lawn care and telemarking skills to existing customers is a skill that management will coach you on. dealing with customers who are sometimes to busy to talk on the phone and also the sales office mood were good. positive forward thinking.
Pros
telemarking is a skill they teach and coach thought out employment
Cons
shork breaks..lots of phones ringing
Lots of challenges
Workforce Processor/Real Time Analyst (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 14, 2018
Lawn pest control can be VERY seasonal. Workforce Management can, therefore, be challenging. The seasonal nature of the business makes job longevity a challenge.
Fun and challenging work environment
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Glenarm, ILJuly 14, 2018
I travel to meet prospective customers on a regular basis. I enjoy the opportunity to travel to various locations and the job varies from day to day.
Pros
Autonomy
Cons
Short breaks
Nice outside working environment
Lawn specialist (Former Employee) –  Ypsilanti, MIJuly 13, 2018
Traveling to different locations to service customer lawns and horticulture using chemicals, good working environment fast paced, management always available if needed by phone.
Small work place
Spray Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJuly 12, 2018
I like working for this company it was peaceful . My job just didn’t suit with my school schedule I worked 10hrs + That is why I had to put in my two weeks notice.
Pros
Pay well
Cons
Meetings every morning
Worst experience of my life.
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Collinsville, ILJuly 12, 2018
I have never been so disappointed with a job. They make you work over 50hrs a week only pay you 550 a week before taxs. If you don't make your sales they yell at the top of their lungs at you until you feel worthless. On top of everything trugreen doesn't even work. Go to turfgator they are a better price as well as better service.
Pros
Cons
The hours, pay, and environment
TruGreen
Lawn Specialist (Former Employee) –  Florence, KYJuly 12, 2018
Doesn’t really care about safety or health besides learning about the lawns there wasn’t anything else to to learn about within the job it’s self... the work day is about 10-11 hours long
Sales, Sales, and NO Sales!
Consultant (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 11, 2018
This position involved inside and outside sales skills in order to achieve the quota set forth by management. Cold calling on phone, setting appts, then actually going out on appointment to make the sale and get contract completed. IF not careful, your sales will be showing up on someone else pay. Too much late night revisions by management to reach bonus (by moving sales around and helping others have commission). Some sales were personal and should not have been changed. Go figure.
Pros
Bonus Cash
Cons
Trespassing/ Soliciting Neighborhoods
Very underpaid
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXJuly 10, 2018
When we were Hired on, we were told one thing. But when we actually started working, we were told a totally different thing. Plus the training class was not helpful at all.
Monotonous and non challenging
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 9, 2018
Job is inconsistent with their message and goals. Position does not require a person that has above average sales skills. No opportunity for advancement into management.
Pros
Comfortable enviroment
Cons
No opportunity for advancement
Very physically demanding job
team member I helped (Former Employee) –  New Castle, DE 19720July 9, 2018
Was a very physically demanding job. Worked long hours. Sometimes didn't get the hours if it rained or snowed, and this was mainly a temporary job due to the weather.
Pros
Physically
Cons
not enough hours or benefits
Fun place to work but not a lot of room for advancement
Employment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Washington StateJuly 9, 2018
Great team and great company but not a lot of room for advancement and their pay is very low. They also have a period of time in the winter, at some locations, where they lay off a bunch of their techs until winter is over.
Being thrown in deep water with an anchor tied to your legs
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Perrysburg, OHJuly 8, 2018
Trained for less than 4 days, then expected to sell to people that had no need for the services. This is not a good entry sales position. If there was more proper training, this job would have been easier to get used to.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
High expectations with no proper training.
Too much responsibility for the pay
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INJuly 8, 2018
First off starting out at $13 an hour these days just doesn't cut it, and to add to it, there are way too many responsibilities for the pay. Treating lawns is easy and an educating experience mixed in with a little manual labor, but $13 an hour isn't enough to be responsible for a work truck and working off the clock just to name a couple. Also, the pressure to make sales is ridiculous when the commission on the sales is only 10-15% of a $300 sale on average. Plus, having to wait two weeks to receive the commission and not receiving every commission is a pain in the butt and unfair. There are a couple other bonuses but doesn't make up for the lack of hours you receive in the beginning of the season. Needed personal time off and didn't get what I needed during an emergency due to pressure to be at work. All this so management cab get a bigger bonus To top it off you get laid off for about 4 months if you live where it gets too cold. Yeah.
Pros
Freedom
Cons
Lots
Felt like Home
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIJuly 7, 2018
The only thing I didn't like about the job was being laid off; unfortunately it was seasonal work, loved my boss, coworkers and really hated leaving, if not for layoff I would be there still.
Pros
hours great, pays great
Cons
layoff
Don’t waste your time like I did
Residenal Lawncare Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDJuly 5, 2018
If you like working not stop then this is a place for you if not don’t waste your time. Hope you can complete 45 stops a day. Also expect you to talk to everyone an still make sale
Good short term job
Lawn Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Suwanee, GAJuly 5, 2018
Trugreen is a good place to learn.But it has a very high attrition rate.Long hours working in the elements.You will laid off during thanks giving and christmas holidays..
Pros
work by yourself
Cons
was good pay but expect too much
Lawn tech (Former Employee) –  West Jordan, UTJuly 5, 2018
they were okay with pay but when we had personal problems they make no exception slow at paying back pay took 5 months just to get back pay even after 3 months of waiting and quitting for not getting paid and still waiting 2 months after that. when they give you to much work for you they only give you a shorter route for a day then put you back into work you cant finish. we get in trouble for missing houses when we have no option other than to skip it.
Pros
pay tuition and get retention bonuses get paid 15 an hour plus a percentage of what you sell
Cons
too many
Productive and safe workplace
Laborer/Operator (Former Employee) –  West Chicago, ILJuly 5, 2018
I learned so many things from lanscape, especially on how to operate most of the equipment they use, all days were awsome because you get no pressure...
Do not work Here
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Sterling Va.July 4, 2018
Bad equpment gates falling off truck. No water coolers on truck. Mangers and warehouse workers Just sit around. Go out take long Lunch while you are working liike a dog. Not a good place . Go work some place else
Pros
Cons
Under paid over worked

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TruGreen. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.6

2.3Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight