TruGreen Employee Reviews

not so good
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCOctober 21, 2017
the pay is great but job stability was not great at all. we had to practically lie to gain more sales. overall it was not an pleasant expirience. i often found myself stressed at home due to work.
Pros
pay
Cons
stability
Door Knocker in a Green shirt
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAOctober 20, 2017
Great company to work for, fantastic management that cares for its employees. Door to door can be a very different experience. you interact with all types of people not every interaction is positive.
Lack of career advancement
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Spring, TXOctober 19, 2017
TruGreen is great for resume purpose only. CSR’s are not trained they just throw them on the phones & csr’s have no idea how to answer questions truthfully. Sales people lie to customers religiously! Then last but not least all the work gets thrown on manager to Clean up the mess a misinformed or dishonest salesperson made. No career advancement & they don’t give good raises. Ask for more money they’ll give you an excuse. However, the workload just multiplies they give you work outside of your job duties. Technicians don’t read so customers complain all of the time. Instead of management doing something about it they say “just apologize” smh wow
Pros
Caring staff, close to home
Cons
Lying coworkers, lack of management involvement, no career advancement
A great "family" to work with
Employment Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 19, 2017
Caring and fair management, close-knit bonds between co-workers
makes this a fun place to be. It is very common for employees to offer to assist others if they have finished their own work.
Cons
Seasonal for most
Good place to start
Hort tech (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIOctober 18, 2017
I would recommend this to a somewhat younger eager crowd.
The job is not bad as long as u ask questions make sure you do it right. Knock and ask the customer follow the notes and all will be ok.
Pros
hard work
Cons
lay offs
Great company to work for
Lawn Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Crestwood, ILOctober 17, 2017
Pros: Be willing to work very long and stressful hours. You can learn a lot about grass and weed types. Production is the biggest influence with this company. Some people stay, but it has a high turn over rate because of the stress that is put on you from day to day. Best part of the job is that you are on your own in the field, and you meet some great customers along the way.

Cons: The job was great but the pay wasn't worth the headache of the managers. They tell you one thing and do another and expect you to fill in the blanks. When something broke or went off track on the road you were expected to fix it even if no one explained how.
Pros
Pay is earned
Cons
Lack of Training
My TruGreen Experience
Sales (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 17, 2017
-Positive work environment
-Caring Supervisors
-Great Team members
-You are rewarded for your efforts
-Help keep us focused
-Continued positive reinforcement
-Team meetings
-Rewards for our efforts
lawn technician
Residential Lawn Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, MAOctober 17, 2017
its more of a collage student job, due to it being seasonal, you are required to work many hours in the summer due to the winter months ahead, then you collect.
Dont understand question
Commercial Account Specialist (Current Employee) –  IllinoisOctober 17, 2017
Flexibility when I was raising my 3 kids,
Love my co workers and my team.
We are the #1 lawn care company and I believe in our brand. It works! Compensate people fairly.
Liars
Lawn Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  TexasOctober 16, 2017
Refuses to let the specialist take no for an answer. Double charges people for things that are not ment to be charged for.if you don't maintain a certain amount of revenue a week you can get written up and potentially fired.they are all about numbers and do not care about family life.
Pros
Work truck gas card
Cons
Dont work when weather is bad
I love my job and hope my job loves me
Outside Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Pasco, WAOctober 15, 2017
I love meeting new people and helping them beautify their yards.
The support I get from my co-workers
Fun to win awards and participate in contests
Learning new things from everyone I work with
Friendly competition but wanting and helping others meet their goals as well.
Having fun and always using positive ways to motivate our team.
Working as a team
Very hard labor job
Grass sod and mulch spreader (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLOctober 13, 2017
This was a temporary summer job and was a labor job. I was working with a group of forty people and I was the only white American on the crew and was really a hard labor exsperiance for me. You load up in a two vans and some people had to sit on other peoples laps because of lack of room. Then you set you lunch under a tree and all around you there will be pallets of sod and mulch and your job is to carry them in a single file line and spread the mulch or lay the sod down in rows. A lot of people had fallen over before the day was finished with heat exhaustion and dehydration and some times they had to call the ambulance. This was a very physical job and was a awakening to me to see how hard life can be. I made it and they put me on a lawn maintenance truck and was running a weed eater and blower this was not for me and decided to look for another job.
Pros
Got you in great physical condition
Cons
There was no furthering your career
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 13, 2017
I enjoyed working with Trugreen. Lot of opportunities for career advancement. Good job security. workplace culture is good. People are more focused on getting job done rather than internal politics.
Pros
Good work life balance, good career advancement and job security
Cons
The split from servicemaster reduced lot of opportunities
Horrible place to work if you have small children.
LAWN SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNOctober 13, 2017
Typical to work 50 to 60 hours a week. Usually get home to late to spend any quality time with my young child. Pay is good but, you have to sacrifice almost all free time to make it reasonable.
Bad management
Technician (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INOctober 12, 2017
Managers are very unethical. Hours were being shaved off payroll. Employees would confront management and they would come up with a excuse. Sometimes it was fixed. Well nothing ever changed so a complaint was filed with the indiana department of labor. Within in a couple days of the complaint it stopped. Did the manager get in trouble? Nope, he is still in charge. So watch your payroll hours if you work there. Same manager also turns a blind eye to a technician that can turn work in without even going to the property. This is called "ghosting". Which means a customer gets billed without ever having the service. Nothing like stealing money from a customer so they can hit there budget for the week. Subtract them out and it's a nice job. You work outside (good and bad weather) and in a sense you are your own boss.
Pros
Working outside
Cons
Unethical management
productived and okay place to work
CRS/Accounts Receivable (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 12, 2017
Overall Tru-Green is okay place to work. Management wasn't very truthful with customers and employees was under paid for job performance and company benefit was not great.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short break
Very happy and pleased employee
Sales and Service (Current Employee) –  KentuckyOctober 11, 2017
It's overall great! Since working here I have not had one bad experience. From my sales to treating lawns it is all great. I super love this company!!!!!
It was typically out doors, a bit hot. I learned how to talk to people and understand what they were saying.
Sales Man (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 10, 2017
The hardest part of the job was dealing with the elements. The rain, heat. sometimes mad customers. Management was good just not very organized. The most enjoyable thing was I got paid every week.
Pros
long lunches
Cons
low commission
Worst managers ever. They don’t care about their employees at all
Lawn Specialist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 10, 2017
I wouldn’t recommend anybody working for this company. They want you to work no matter the weather conditions. It could be none stopped heavy rain with lightning and they’ll tell you to continue to work even though they are aware of the weather. When it’s nonstop raining they’re supposed to call you in to let you go home. You can’t express how you feel about the company or what they can do to make the job better. Management is just worried about making making so basically you’re a well paid slave working in some horrible conditions
Happy Trugreen employee
IT Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 9, 2017
It's like a big family here, atmosphere is great! Coming into this environment everyday is good. Love my job and the people I work with. Keep up the good work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TruGreen. Our community is ready to answer.