TruGreen Employee Reviews

Found 2,416 reviews matching the search See all 2,455 reviews
time here
Inside Sells Rep (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXDecember 12, 2018
I loved working with trugreen it was a big learning ability. I hate that i had to depart, However it was due to life changes in my personal life. It is a great company over all to work for.
Sales
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXDecember 11, 2018
It’s all a number game. You work in the heat all day. If you get a sale and the customer don’t answer the audit call. The Sales Manager would call us in the field and say your customer didn’t answer the audit call. Have them to call in. Just too much for 500 per week. You’ll be working about 50-55 per week. For the amount of hours you better off working at Walmart
Pros
Hour lunch
Cons
No family life
Great Company
Customer Service Worker (Current Employee) –  FishersDecember 10, 2018
I am only looking for something closer to home so I can stop driving an hour one way to work and also bc I am on layoff currently due to the seasonal layoffs
Pros
hour lunch, fun coworkers and boss decent pay good hours
Cons
its in fishers
Jesus Christ
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  MemDecember 10, 2018
If you want to be a slave this is the place for you. I will never in my life ever work for this company ever again. Lmao think I’m kidding? Go try it out for yourself.
Pros
Zip nada
Cons
Zip nada
Great Place to work
lawn specialist (Current Employee) –  Cedar Falls, IADecember 10, 2018
long days, good pay, branch built on teamwork, great manager, family oriented. for the most if you do your job the customers are happy. Manager preaches communication.
Pros
family feel
Cons
pay could be a little better
Nice starter job
Sales and Marketing (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIDecember 10, 2018
Sales expectations and turnover ratios are huge due to non obtainable sales projections. Worked overtime every week without getting paid for overtime.
Cons
no breaks
Fair place
Landscaping (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLDecember 7, 2018
Work as a landscaper. Cutting tree, and placing mulch. transporting material to coworker. the most enjoyable part of the job was the good work we provide customers.
overall experience
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  randolph, njDecember 7, 2018
not enough training for what is expected. very strict attendance, very strict goals. supposed team oriented but during the customer call center there is not much down time to have team experiences. individual incoming calls.
Very go hard sales job
Field sales supervisor (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLDecember 7, 2018
Employers expect 10000% out of people which is good if you're a workaholic but the days are long and you'll never do anything but work. You get lots of Saturdays even if you're performing and your team isn't. You can make a hundred deals a week and still not be ahead on your quota because your team just sucks.
Pros
Good pay, hour lunch, paid vacation days and holidays etc, salary plus commission with bonuses
Cons
Bonuses end after first 2 months. Management isn't very good, little guidance and no residuals.
Good Seasonal Job
Lawn Specialist (Current Employee) –  West Chicago, ILDecember 7, 2018
Start day with meeting or go over what to look for in lawns
Go over route setup good schedule for the day
Follow protocol and techniques to ensure safety and customer gratification
they feed you on holidays :)
Outside Sales (Former Employee) –  Alcoa, TNDecember 5, 2018
I enjoyed working there for the most part, the hours are stressful at time, but rewarding in the end if you stay the ship. Paid training, and advancement opportunities.
Pros
Free lunches sometimes, PTO hours for time off
Cons
I gained very valuable sales skills&tools
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Malvern, PADecember 4, 2018
It was my first shirt&tie job after Pitt. When I started, we were a Chemlawn branch bought out by Servicemaster. My immediate boss was green but a straight shooter who would stick up for his flock. Initially the commissions were excellent because we worked autonomously as Tru Green/Chemlawn but had not adopted Tru Greens much lower commission plan which went from 5% of total revenue each rep brought in to $50/$100/$200 per month with the$200 being max, which even as salesman of the month (6times) I only got one $200 bonus with new comm. structure, so basically we all took big paycuts or were shown the door, which lost them all their good people. I interviewed for sales manager and they brought one of theirs in from Warmonger branch. I left soon after.
Pros
Great commissions at first, on the road estimating 4hrs each day was fun, I'm a people person
Cons
New management slashed vacations, pay, long time employees, many I was close.tp
Great Management
Lawn Specialist (Current Employee) –  Waukesha, WIDecember 4, 2018
I love working with the team I work with at TRUGREEN. Management is the greatest and make sure we have everything we need to give the customers we serve A great experience.
Corporate environment but solid employer
Lawn Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCDecember 3, 2018
Great place to work if you can handle the corporate mess that it can be. Pay is low for the amount of work and responsibility that can be put on you. Show up and do your work kind-of environment
Just a job
Branch Employment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MINovember 30, 2018
The pay is ok. If you work in the office, don't get comfortable. They eliminate positions instead of calling them seasonal. Then they reopen the same position with a different name the next year.
It is a good place to work, but extremely fast paced.
Lawn Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 29, 2018
It’s a good place to work. Most work weeks consist of five days between 8 and 10 hours. The only downside is that they place a huge amount of work on you in one full day which can sometimes be stressful.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Can feel overworked at times.
The job is allright
Route Manager/Lawn Specialist, Orange County, NY (Former Employee) –  Rockland County, NYNovember 28, 2018
Day in day out is the same thing. Low pay, terrible management, altogether is just a job. Chances are you will not like it. There are better jobs for more pay with less experience necessary.
Great work environment
Customer Relations Specialist - Full-time (Former Employee) –  Ankeny, IA 50023November 27, 2018
I had THE BEST manager in the Ankeny, IA office. Team work was encouraged which made coming to work every day fun and fulfilling. The only thing I did not enjoy was calling the same customers over and over again to upsell.
Pros
pay, benefits, management
Cons
sendentary position
Customer Service Rep
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP (Current Employee) –  Suwanee, GANovember 26, 2018
Taking inbound calls about grass and weeds all day long and listen to complaints on how the service they are getting is not enough.It is not a place for me to work.
Pros
They like to have a lot of to lucks
Cons
Don't pay enough
A Hard days work
Sales (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, IN 47909November 26, 2018
Its a physically taxing job.. long sleeves, pants and boots while walking and pulling a hose for miles a day. Maintaining the company vehicle which may or may not have air conditioning. Then we are asked to do sales while having to complete all the lawn stops in a specific amount of time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TruGreen. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight