TruGreen Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 2,277 reviews matching the search See all 2,313 reviews
Work day
Sales Representative/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COAugust 16, 2018
We would start off i the morning making sure that we had enough door hangers and then we would go over the previous day and any obstacles that we encountered. After which we would do some role playing to get the juices flowing and be ready to deal with the public. After reviewing the maps of our sales regions we would go out as a team and pair up in twos to work both sides of the street and aide each other as needed with information about lawns or trees as well as moral support At the end of the night we would turn in our sales if any and prepare for the next day. With the freedom of being out side and going door to door you get to see a different side of sales instead of being inside an office. On the other hand it can be tough if you don't have the fortitude to speak with someone up close and personal in order to make a sale.
Pros
Outside freedom and exercise
Cons
Making sales/commission work
Do not work at TruGreen.
Residential Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDAugust 15, 2018
A typical day at work started with an hour to two hour meeting of the boss chewing everyone out and making sure that each and every employee knows exactly how micro managed they are. The first week alone is strictly sitting in a room watching videos on a tablet about trugreen. I learned how to properly take care of a lawn, but that was it. The management was unprofessional and seemed to take advantage of being able to micromanage people and scare them into manipulating people for sales. The hardest part of the job is everything, there is not an easy part of the job I could list. You are outside for 7-9 hours straight in the heat, rain, or cold trying to manipulate people for sales. The most enjoyable part of the job is leaving it.
Pros
Work outside
Cons
Outside in extreme heat on foot for 7 hours straight.
Lawn Technician (Current Employee) –  West Monroe, LAAugust 15, 2018
Enjoy working for trugreen lawncare just some of the people that i am working withi do not agree with their actions and dont wanna be apart of that .
Productive and fun work place
Lawn Specialist (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDAugust 15, 2018
Trugreen work place gave me freedom to work independently while practicing my driving and lawn specialist skills on a daily basis also enabled me to teach others who were hired on after me
Pros
Giftcards for most productive persons
Cons
Work at own pace
ShDy sales tactics
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNAugust 15, 2018
I started as sales rep and quickly learned that the customer was not number one. All the company wants are numbers. If you don’t care about your reputation then this job is for you.

If you have any integrity at all, avoid this place like the plague
Not a job. A lifestyle
Lawn Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, OHAugust 14, 2018
You work 12 hour days they tell you to not take brakes during the day and when you come back from your route at the end of a LONG day the managers force you to make sales calls and don’t let you leave until you make one. Not a job it’s a lifestyle.
Unorganized
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 14, 2018
Production department cares mainly about revenue goals and often times overlooks the needs or concerns of the customer and employee to meet the goals. Management lacks integrity.
Fast placed and stressful place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Suwanee, GAAugust 14, 2018
This company gives you hard quotas to meet. you listen to the customer but yet you cant have the call last too long . you cant have them on hold too long but yet the whole reason you put them on hold is because you need help and no one is around to help.
Pros
Free Lunches at time, decent pay, holidays off
Cons
stressful environment, having someone watch you constantly but yet no one can help
My assessment
Sr. Route Manager (Former Employee) –  Plant City, FLAugust 13, 2018
great working environment, got compensated for the hard work that was initiated. nice working hours and great management fro the branch that I was working out of at the time. Facility managager was top notched i the way that he treated the employees at the facility that I was involve with.
Pros
good environment
Cons
some field supervisory sucked
productive fun work place you become a team/family
Lawn Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Gering, NEAugust 12, 2018
Working at trugreen is great, they took me in and I felt like family right away they made sure I understood what is expected of me and asked if I had any questions made sure I was comfortable before letting me go solo.
Pros
outside
Cons
heat
Temporary outdoor job in all kinds of weather
Lawn Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, ILAugust 11, 2018
This was a good starting job and training was provided; I had to take a test before I was hired. I had to work with chemicals as I drove their vehicle.
Pros
Good hours; good training; nice co workers
Cons
Temporary seasonal position; work in all kinds of weather
Fast pace
Columbus, OH (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 9, 2018
It is a fast pace job and get handed a lot of yards to do whether they’re big or small yards. It’s usually very hot outside but you got work trucks with a/c but most of the trucks a/c are out
Pros
Work truck
Cons
Bad management
Leave and don't return
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Lewisville TXAugust 9, 2018
Ugh. Ugh. Ugh! Boring. Outdated. Low morale low pay horrible wages awful call center. Low pay. Call same customers repeatedly until they are angry at u
Pros
Cons
Low low low pay high turnover
Residential Lawn Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAAugust 8, 2018
A job where your ready to get down and get serious. Lots of work, requires patience and have to be great at managing your time. Company and co workers really do work with you and help you get on track.
Pros
Pay, Hours, Benefits
Cons
Outside, Chemicals.
Excellent company to work for!
Customer Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXAugust 7, 2018
Family like environment, very supportive and encouraging team! Salary and commission opportunity as well as many other benefits offered. I would love to go back! Excellent company that cares for customers!
Pros
Fun environment, great benefits and pay incentives
Great place to work!
Sales Manager/Contact Center Director (Current Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 7, 2018
TruGreen has provided me a place where I can learn and cultivate new skills. The autonomy to manage my day and my team has empowered me to grow and achieve success.
sometimes overwhelming, but learned a lot of useful information
Lawn and Tree Specialist (Former Employee) –  West Jordan, UTAugust 7, 2018
the job was alright. at times it was hard but
overall it was a good and educating job. you got to talk to customers first hand and use the knowlege. the work was really hard sometimes
exciting at first but not somewhere i wanted to keep my career
Inside/Outside Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Alcoa, TNAugust 6, 2018
a place to develop skills that will allow you to be successful and soar in future en-devours. these skills acquired will better serve candidates in career paths down the road.
Pros
important skills learned
Cons
80/20 work life balance
It is okay
Outside Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  Puyallup, WAAugust 6, 2018
Flexible management and ability to be secure when not hitting minimums, high pressure work environment with little time off. Awful work life balance with majority of leads being given to veteran sales members.
good pay
Spray Technician (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 6, 2018
I liked working for this company I hated that they only kept a few people out of whole class. But I would love to work for them again. Great pay easy job good benefits full time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TruGreen. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight