TruGreen

TruGreen Employee Reviews

United States4,148 reviews

Found 4,148 reviews matching the searchSee all 4,248 reviews
lawnsalecommissionbranchrouteseasonalgrasssaturday

Fun and fast paced sales environment with a lot of advancement opportunities!

Featured review

TruGreen selected this as a representative review
This is a great company to work for with a fast paced sales environment and a lot of opportunity for advancement! whether your a seasoned sales person or just starting out in sales this is a great company to work for!

My time with TruGreen was literally a ball of emotions. With the idea of coming into a professional big business. It is the COMPLETE opposite! There are no advances whatsoever. Not only was my time here dealt with favoritism, lies, and ZERO COMMUNICATION. They laid employees off with only a week's notice. I am so glad I am blessed to have a new opportunity so I can know how to be treated as an employee. TruGreen you are just an ID number.

Pros

Remote

Cons

Favoritism, Communication, Structure

TruGreen insights

Based on 2,829 survey responses
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction
  • General feeling of work happiness

What is the best part of working at the company?Nothing this job is careless. Management is a joke, and you will be laid off without notice.What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Management and the ridiculous group chats!What is the work environment and culture like at the company?They definitely play favoritism. If you’re looking to be stressed out every day, this is the job for you.What is a typical day like for you at the company?Stressful VERY stressful And the pay sucks!

Very easy going job

Only problem with this job is the unemployment through the winter time, but pay is fair job is very easy overtime as an overall is excellent. I would recommend!

Pros

take breaks whenever

Cons

unemployment

What is the best part of working at the company?Work from homeWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?Trying to get sales when the system messing upWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?Very rude supervisor call employees names very unprofessional What is a typical day like for you at the company?Rudeness from supervisor

Grind and you will succeed.

If you want to succeed in this position, learn as much as you can in training. Also knowledge about lawncare is always a plus. Also, do not get discouraged when you are killing it in IB and bam your in OB dialer with calling the same 250 leads from a month ago.

What is the best part of working at the company?Complete training through out the trouble shooting parts of field training What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Watching the drivers that surround you on 🛣 What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Pleasant to work with on a day to day basisWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?A typical day is like keeping safety first and completed schedules

It was bad

The training was minimal and they left you not knowing about the products your selling. The soft cap you had to hit before getting any of your commission was also a joke

Horrible training and a toxic work environment.

Horrible training and a toxic work environment. Everyone hated coming to work and constantly spoke horribly of management and ownership. I cannot stress to you how horrible the training is

Typical day at work is very long

Dont suggest working here. Manager cussed me out in my 2nd week and treated me with great disrespect and dont advise anyone working here. Hours are ridiculous and is uncooperative

Pros

Don't clock out fir lunch

Cons

To long of days to poor of pay and treated poorly

Money money money

This Company cares about notjing but Money feom sell Grub control to someone with Clay soil or 10 treatments a year.. If your looking for a company to work for do yourself a favor and work at a small local one

Leaders that are always there to help you no matter what.

I absolutely love working with this company. They are so supportive and flexible. They really show you how much they want you to succeed! The team leads never ever leave you feeling alone or without an answer, quickly.

Pros

Teamwork, Flexibility, Great Place to Work

Cons

Seasonal position

What is the best part of working at the company?I have loved working for this company. I love everyone I work with. They are understanding, there are things like every that need to be worked on but since day one they make u feel like you belong there. And just getting to travel with being outside.What is the most stressful part about working at the company?The training, alot you figure out along the way.What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Fun, they joke but serious as well. They try to take care of everyone that comes in and does a great job.What is a typical day like for you at the company?Start time 7-730 you get a route and you need to finish and be back by the shop at 5.

Helluva grind but great management

Management is very good and they recognize good worker however benefits are awful and seems pretty dead-end also where I live its only seasonal, if youve been there years you get some perks like maybe staying on as a salesperson in the winter but from what Ive seen and heard it takes years to even have a chance of promotion but great pay.

Pros

Management, Pay, WL Balance

Benefits

Tree and shrub specialist

Amazing managers. I would highly recommend this job to anyone. If you’re good at completing assigned work, showing up on time, and working a Monday-Friday job with perks of offered overtime. This job is great.

What is the best part of working at the company?The PeopleWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?The Management What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Trash. The management was the problWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?Work for the benefit of management.

Once trained it's simple and easy

After training anywhere from 2 weeks to 4 weeks(based on your own readiness) it's a very simple job. You will have an average number of stops a aday and work independently. The only time you ever have to talk to management is if you have a question or you are done with your route for the day. They are always nice and informative when you call. It's the o ly jobi enjoy coming too.weekly pay is a big plus as well

They help each other. You work together as a team but you are responsible as an individual.

I’m glad to have worked with some great people. I had a route from Waco to Buda. Each day was an adventure. Making a yard look great is hard work but it’s fun.

Great Place to work

i’ve been at Trugreen almost 8 years and i love it. Great compensation, Good skills to live by. Good benefits, fun environment fast paced sales environment. Great job stability if you’re a good sales person

Insurance

Do not use their insurance, if you try to drop it, they will not allow it, but will tell you that you have when you call and request it. They still will take the money out of your pay.

Enjoyable coworkers and supportive management

It's like any job where you deal with the public, you'll have customers that are easygoing and customers that will complain about literally anything. I'll definitely be coming back next season due to knowing management is willing to defend my work when customers complain. Technician safety is also a higher priority to them than job completion rate, which is a nice change. The only downside is the customer service teams seem to have little to no knowledge about the service. Many times I've had to explain why what customer service said was either wrong or they just gave the customer the answer they wanted. Having to do re-services isn't a fun time, especially when you weren't the original technician for the property. You have to fix the issue as well as explain to customers why someone else didn't do their job. The pros definitely outweigh the cons.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TruGreen. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

2.8
InHerSight Score
2.8Personal Development
3.0Career Opportunities
2.8Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare TruGreen with

TruGreen reviews by popular job title

• TruGreen