TruGreen Employee Reviews for Lawn Care Specialist

Ratings breakdown
Found 193 reviews matching the search See all 2,316 reviews
Not a job. A lifestyle
Lawn Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, OHAugust 14, 2018
You work 12 hour days they tell you to not take brakes during the day and when you come back from your route at the end of a LONG day the managers force you to make sales calls and don’t let you leave until you make one. Not a job it’s a lifestyle.
Cons
productive fun work place you become a team/family
Lawn Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Gering, NEAugust 12, 2018
Working at trugreen is great, they took me in and I felt like family right away they made sure I understood what is expected of me and asked if I had any questions made sure I was comfortable before letting me go solo.
Pros
outside
Cons
heat
Not great
Lawn Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Upper Saddle River, NJAugust 3, 2018
A lot of these reviews for this location are fake. You get 35-40 jobs a day. If you don't get it all done, you'll hear it from management. Your told it's mandatory to work more than 40 hours. In weekly meetings, they curse and yell at you if the branch didn't meet the goal. they say if you don't like it, there's the door. The mechanic curses and yells at everyone and the mgrs don't care. Favoritism is big there. Besides 35 daily stops you have to knock on doors to make sales and if you don't, you get punished in different ways. The machines and trucks always breakdown. New vehicles go to favorite s. Benefits and overtime is good in the summer but the with the stress, you'll need it. It's good if you need to make money fast but don't plan a career. It's like McD. Every body worked there once. sidenote it wasn't always this way
Benefits
Cons
Read the post
Don’t waste your time like I did
Residenal Lawncare Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDJuly 5, 2018
If you like working not stop then this is a place for you if not don’t waste your time. Hope you can complete 45 stops a day. Also expect you to talk to everyone an still make sale
Good short term job
Lawn Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Suwanee, GAJuly 5, 2018
Trugreen is a good place to learn.But it has a very high attrition rate.Long hours working in the elements.You will laid off during thanks giving and christmas holidays..
Pros
work by yourself
get you in good shape
Lawn Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rogers, ARJune 29, 2018
very physically demandiing job, especially in the summer months, wanna lose weigh? come on down. people are great to work with, i should have gone back after the lay off...
Pros
good pay, free work out
Cons
physically demanding and work alone
fun work experience
Lawn Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rochester Hills, MIJune 23, 2018
i learned a lot working for this company it just wasn't enough drive to stay, knowing that this job is seasonal, it doesn't help me advance to take care of my needs in life. Other than the problem of being laid off in the off season it is a great job.
It is what it is too many hills!
Lawn, Tree and Shrub Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Alcoa, TNJune 20, 2018
TOO MANY HILLS! in Tennessee for me thought I could handle spraying fertilizer and minor lawn care, but i started during the time of winter feeding at blackberry farm and in one day they expected me to use some broken down outdated super awkward machine to aerate several hundred acres and the hills were the worst every one else uses golf carts to get around. Get better equipment!
awesome
Lawn care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CA 95834June 18, 2018
great team, great managers, work environment is amazing. Managers train you to do your best while on your own and encourage you to relay feedback and always help.
Productive, enjoyable and encouraging
Lawn Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 17, 2018
Very good company, it promotes growth with a friendly staff and management with a clear goal in mind and a profound opportunity to grow and move forwards with a very nice compensation.

Want to know more about TruGreen?

Ask a question
Think twice before applying here...
Lawn care specialist (Former Employee) –  Mooresville, NCJune 7, 2018
I worked here and they make all these promises of advancement in pay and position...i spoke with another coworker who was here for a few years and he told me he received a .30 cent raise in 3 years...and the way they keep from giving raises is by pushing their specialists to make sales ...and you do not always make sales ...you might get lucky and make a few but that is it! then they tell you if it is thundering and lightening out we are not suppose to treat lawns...well more lies ! I had to work in downpours with lightning only a few miles away! and the equipment? well that is a joke! the management are so stuck on pleasing corporate they wont spend a dime on new equipment! do not apply here unless you love being treated like garbage!
Pros
not a lot
Cons
too many to list
Texas heat isn't for the weak
Lawn Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXJune 3, 2018
If you can't stand to be out in the heat beyond an hour, find a desk job. Pretty boys need not apply, you're going to sweat and your feet will hurt after you get done trust me. You'll get some great direct deposits, but you're going to have to grind.
Pros
Water, Gatorade, self-supervision
Cons
Finding a restroom, Texas summer heat
Poor managers and forced labor
Lawn Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dc westMay 7, 2018
After working for a over a year I have notice that there is no standard operating procedure. Rules apply to one person doesn't apply to others. Some who are forced to do more work while others sit and do nothing.
Cons
Healthcare, managers, equipment
Good people fun place to work.
Lawn Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  West Chicago, ILMay 6, 2018
Hard work but they have good managers who can help you figure things out. Your fellow employes also will help you understand your job.Only bad thing is the job is seasonal and you are on workmans comp over the winter months in cold climates.
Pretty Great Environment
Lawn Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Taylor, MIApril 26, 2018
I found the TruGreen was a pretty good place to work. The management in the building in upper management we're all pretty good. Unfortunately for the Lawn Care Specialists there was a heavy stress on sales.
Fast Paced, Productive
Lawncare Specialist (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 23, 2018
Truck inspection, then make sure you have your supplies and equipment needed
Planning or outlining efficient routes
Customer Service and up-sales
Assessment of projects at hand
Pros
Self Reliant, no micro-managing
Cons
Outdated equipment
Not paid for experience
Registered Technician/Lawn care (Former Employee) –  Kingsport, TNApril 18, 2018
I have been in the landscape industry now for close to 15 years and I have to admit this was the first job where they actually thought they knew more about the industry and had a 1/3 of the time experience.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Cut throat, back stabbing
Good environment
Lawn care specialist (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCMarch 28, 2018
Have to be a self starter to work here. Have to do the job right weather someone is looking or not. Management is fantastic. The co workers are helpful. Everyone works as a team in the mornings and get the job done.
Pros
Free once once a month at meetings.
Cons
Very physical
Just started so far so good
Lawn Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Vandalia, OH 45377March 22, 2018
Just started last week, training was a breeze. Lots of simple, logical stuff. On the job training starts this week, so hopefully it will go good. After a few classroom days, training switches to on the job
Bad place to work
Lawn Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLMarch 21, 2018
This company was great to work for before they went corporate. There was bonus's constantly if you met your quota, there was plenty of overtime to give and they were reasonable with the time given to complete stops.
Benefits
Cons
Everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TruGreen. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight