Truliant Federal Credit Union Employee Reviews

Changing Industry
MFC Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 15, 2018
When I started with Truliant FCU I completely enjoyed working for the company even though the income was much lower then the industry norm. Career advancement is based on who you know. They provide little to no training to support career advancement. Majority of the training I received was after I was completing the tasks and worked as a reinforcement of knowledge and skills I learned on my own.
The financial service industry had changed significantly and no longer supports face to face interaction. If you live in North Carolina near the corporate office there in more opportunity for career advancement, support and longevity with the organization.
Relaxed place to work
Member Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 1, 2018
I enjoyed my time at Truliant and left for two reasons, they had wanted to move me to a different branch and I had the opportunity to work for my husbands company. Management was very good and the workplace was enjoyable.
Pros
Customer contact
Cons
Did not want to leave my branch
Lots of rewards
Member Financial Center Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 27, 2018
loved working here for the 5 years that i did. but work load was a lot with goals and focus started to be around how many products and services you could get vs want the member truly needed
Pros
rewarded for reaching goals
Cons
inside works like a big bank, turnover rate high and goals can be too high
Great benefits
TruService Manager (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCMay 23, 2018
The culture and benefits at Truliant are excellent - have a premium health plan and try to promote from within. Fast paced and very member driven environment.
productive and fun
Lead Teller (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCMarch 21, 2018
Being employed byTruliant was a pretty good experience. They show a lot of concern for their members well being. I was excited that they match your 401k benefits. Great health and dental plans. I don't feel that compensation made up for the work that you have to perform.{under paid} The environment was good and majority of atmosphere was family oriented. Certain positions was very stressful. Still the overall experience was good.
Great group of people
Mortgage Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Salem, NCFebruary 22, 2018
This is a great place to work. Minimum of 50 hours required. I was training to become an underwriter when I had to leave to take care of an ailing family member. During this time I attended online classes.
Pros
Great people, great management
Cons
minimum of 50 hours expected every week.
Slow to reconigze employee talents
Facility Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCFebruary 22, 2018
Work at Truliant FCU is geared toward the average individual. It will and will remain what each individual is seeking.
The employee turn over rate is high; the pay scale is not completive, so with all the training efforts by Truliant employees leave the company seeking higher pay.
Benefits
Cons
Advancement within is often based on longviety .
People helping people
Purchasing Agent - Part-time (Assistant) (Former Employee) –  Salem, NCFebruary 21, 2018
I fell in love with the feeling you get when a member calls in with a problem, and you can hear the concern in their voice. After a few open ended question, we’re able to figure out the cause of the issue or the need of the member. By asking open ended questions and preforming account research I discovered the member paid over five hundred dollars in credit card loans monthly. Truliant offers debt consolidation loans which s decreases the over all amount the member pays out aiding in the elimination her overdraft fee’s as well as gives the member some extra funds. The best part of the job was genuine appreciation and the sound of relief in the member’s voice.
Truliant
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Salem, NCSeptember 11, 2017
Truliant has great advancement opportunities and a great work-life
balance. I really enjoyed who I worked with and all of the benefits of working for the company.
Great Place to Work
Deposit Representative/Business Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Salem, NCSeptember 10, 2017
I enjoy working at Truliant because there is always room to grow and learn something new. I enjoy the people I work around everyday. Truliant is always offering opportunities.
Cafe at main location with lunch vendors
Credit Representative (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCAugust 28, 2017
Very fast paced environment and advancement opportunities for those interested in working extremely hard to obtain goals . Truliant is member centric but becomes more of a banking atmosphere each year .
Pros
Employee appreciation week
Cons
Vision care
Previous emplyment
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCAugust 19, 2017
Working at Truliant was a great experience. They are all wonderful people and although I am no longer employed because of family emergencies, it was a great place to work.
Great!
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Radford, VAAugust 7, 2017
Excellent company looking for employees who are full of honesty, integrity, and concern for member's needs. Not out to rip anyone off. They are very member focused!
Pros
Great benefits for healthcare, Pto, travel, and training.
Cons
Difficult to advance.
Minimal room for grwoth
Member Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 19, 2017
I have worked at TFCU in multiple areas. Unpredictable, unstable, little structure. Systems rarely work properly and there are a barrage of updates that do not work.
Pros
Help member's financial lives.
Cons
system errors.
Excellent Culture
MEMBER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 7, 2017
They live their mission to enhance members lives. They value their employees and support personal career growth, even if it means leaving the company. I look forward to going to work every day because it doesn't feel like work. Everyone from the top down shows respect for each other and it truly is a great place to work!
Great Company to Work For!
Member Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 23, 2017
Great people, great environment. Employees do come first here! They allow you to create a path to move into different careers. The compensation isn't the greatest but the benefits and incentives make up for it.
Lots of perks; especially for those at the corporate location
Member Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJanuary 23, 2017
I really enjoyed working in the call center. The only negative was the focus on numbers and comparing reps to each other. It would be better to appreciate each ones strength.
Great workplace
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 29, 2016
Truliant offers great benefits and job security. You are learning everyday!

A typical day at work consists of sitting at a teller line completing cash transactions and building relationships with members. At the end of the day you must balance your drawer and follow all security procedures.
Cons
pay
The job is ok
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCDecember 14, 2016
I worked at Truliant part time for a year and 3 months. During that time a lot of things were promised that I never saw. When I was hired I was told that I'd only have to work 1 or 2 Saturdays a month. Myself and another part time employee worked 7 back to back. I had 4 people promoted to full time in front of me. I liked my coworkers for the most part but it was clear that there were cliques within the team. There a little more lienance for those who have kids.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Pay isn't competitive, No benefits for part time, Not approved for loans or credit card if part time
Great Stepping Stone
(EFT) Agent (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCOctober 5, 2016
This is a good company to work for if you are just entering the workforce. The pay is much lower than most companies in the area but the benefits are good as well as vacation time provided. The people are friendly. The company is growing in great strides.
Pros
Good company to work at if entering workforce
Cons
pay is not compatible with other companies

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Truliant Federal Credit Union. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight