Truman Medical Centers Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Decent place to work depending on department, great coworkers
PCT (Patient Care Technician) (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 10, 2018
In my particular job I do not feel I have room for advancement. A typical day is helping patients and nursing. The hardest part of my job is working very hard and not feeling like I'm equally compensated. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with the patients, families and coworkers.
Pros
Benefits insurance fairly affordable
Cons
No room for advancement
July 19, 2018

Thank you for your feedback and review. I’m thankful you took the time to share your opinion here so that we can reflect on it and think about ways we can adapt and do more to ensure you and others feel valued and appreciated.

Please feel free to email us at askHR@tmcmed.org to provide additional feedback and we can also discuss career path opportunities.

Great Place to Work
Executive Assistant to COO (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 10, 2018
I miss my time at TMC; I wish I would have never left. One of my biggest mistakes. I felt empowered and like I was contributing to a greater cause. I miss it!
Pros
Wellness programs
July 19, 2018

Great place to start career
ED Clinical Educator (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 27, 2018
I started working here right out of school and loved it. Nurses have tons of autonomy as it is a primary teaching institution. I enjoyed teaching residents, nursing students, and new hires. We were a tight team who did awesome work.
Pros
Autonomy
Cons
Limited mobility
July 19, 2018

nice people to work with.
SURGICAL TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 24, 2018
good place to work I learned a lot, normal day is really nice and continues work, hardest part of the job was standing all day. enjoyable part was working with everyone and communicating and providing comfort to the patient.
July 19, 2018

Thank you for your comments and feedback. Best of luck to you, and thank you for sharing your time and talents with Truman Medical Centers.

Truman
Stephanie Wiliams (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 23, 2018
Truman is a good place to work, they have really good benefits, fast paced makes day go by fast, how to be a team player, management sucks, for a hospital it has a doctors office feeling at the clinic i was in. the most enjoyable was having co-workers that cared and weekends off
benefits
Cons
people
July 19, 2018

Thank you for taking time to share your experience at Truman Medical Center.

If you would like to share more about your time at TMC, we are happy to listen. Please contact us by email at askHR@tmcmed.org so that we can set up a time to speak.

Thank you again for the feedback – it helps us make improvement for a better TMC. Best of luck in your future career endeavors.

Great place to work!!
Consult Referral Support (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 3, 2018
I liked working there. I learned a lot while working at this job. The hardest part of my job was not being able to get that patient in to see the physician in a timely manner the appointments were schedule months out.
Pros
On-site Healthy Harvest Produce Market and Benefits.
Cons
Poor Leadership
June 21, 2018

Thank you for your feedback and review. I’m thankful you took the time to share your opinion here so that we can reflect on it.

Registered Nurse Clinical Team Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 24, 2018
Great place to work, but I no longer could be in full time position and also be successful at school. I needed to focus more on my studies and this job was great but I am now on the honor roll in grad shool.
Pros
Population we served
Cons
Staffing
June 21, 2018

Good pay poor environment
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 22, 2018
This organization pays well but has a very negative overall atmosphere. If you work nights you are completely forgotten and left out of all activities.
May 24, 2018

We would love to hear more from you. Please feel free to email us at askHR@tmcmed.org to provide additional feedback.

Productive work place
Patient Transporter (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 21, 2018
Good place to work. Good place to further your career. Lots of opportunities to make more money and advance in the workplace and learn new things meet new people and new experiences.
May 22, 2018

Need to invest in training managers and leadership
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 16, 2018
Truman used to be a great place to work for, management needs training on people leave managers not companies. Management is horrible.
If you are looking for a job you have to know someone who works for Truman to have them call over and request your application be pulled other than that you will never get a call back.
Management hires their friends only, if you don't know someone your chances are slim to none on getting in.
If you apply for another position within the organization it is a waste of time as they already know who they want and you are just going through the process to make it appear that the candidate chosen was fair.
If you make a complaint to HR about any problems, you become a target and your dept manager will ride you until you quit.
HR does not support the employees, they are simply there to collect a check and keep quiet so they can in fact keep their jobs.
Pros
Benefits are Excellent
Cons
Management needs leadership courses
May 22, 2018

Thank you for the feedback. TMC is committed to supporting a quality workforce of true professionals.

TMC proudly supports ethical practices, respecting our colleagues and constituents, and retaining a quality workforce. In summary – we believe in providing superior service to all our employees so I’m disappointed to hear about your experience.

We value and consider all feedback and we continue to find ways to improve. Please feel free to email us at askHR@tmcmed.org to provide additional feedback.

Want to know more about Truman Medical Centers?

Ask a question
OB Tech
O.B. Tech (Former Employee) –  MissouriMay 14, 2018
My experience while at TMC, was very rewarding, and I learned a lot about the field of Labor and & Delivery. Management was decent, met a lot of new faces.
May 22, 2018

Challenging population of patients; low staffing is an issue
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 30, 2018
I love the challenge of working with this population of patients; unfortunately, it can also be dangerous if staffing is low. The RNs that work at TMC are committed.
May 10, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. Your dedication and commitment to TMC is what makes our hospital the best in Kansas City. We love our nursing staff and value your opinion. Please feel free to email us at askHR@tmcmed.org to provide additional feedback.

Great Benefits and Possible Positive Working Environment
Environment of Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 25, 2018
The benefits, especially the medical ones, are second to none in the city. And the working environment is mostly positive although there are issues with certain people as there are at every employer.
May 10, 2018

It's never a dull moment at TMC
Patient Access Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 24, 2018
I work in the emergency room at TMC so a typical day at Truman is not your basic day at the office. Because it's the emergency room we encounter different patients from different cultural backgrounds that are there to be seen by a physician on emergent basis.
Of course each patient is different however they have one thing in common which is they are ill and they want to feel better.

The hardest part of the job is seeing patients in pain, but the most enjoyable part of the job is working with patients/public and knowing that in doing your part, (which is being compassionate) and we are there to assist our patients in whatever is needed.

I like it here
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 20, 2018
Truman has a reputation, but it's a great place to work. Great pay, great benefits, and great coworkers. If you love excitement and traumas it is the place to be!
May 10, 2018

great company to work for
Surgical Technician/Certified Nurse's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lees Summit, MOApril 19, 2018
this company is a great company to work for, lots of opportunity for growth. Really take care of there people. Between both hospitals you will always have a place to call home.

produtive
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 12, 2018
being there some days can be real fast past and then others days it can be slow. you get to see and experience the behind the seen in the E.R and O.R.

Sales Team Director (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 11, 2018
Great place to work and awesome patient focus. Truman has a diverse culture that seeks to keep patient care as the primary focus. They are also growing with intention.
April 19, 2018

Diverse Cultural experience and fun place to work
Telemetry Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 26, 2018
Great work experience with diverse population. Staff work as a team and makes sure that we address patients concerns and meet to their demands.
Although our patients population can be challenging, we work as a team to meet to this demand.
Truman is enriched with people with diverse culture which makes the organization so unique and conducive to work in.
TMC Management always strive to make the organization the best place to be for both the patients and the staff
April 19, 2018

You feel like you are doing good work for the community
Pharmacy Tech II (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 20, 2018
The only negative thing I have to say about this job is that when they replaced the department head, they made a huge mistake. I loved literally everything about working at truman until he was hired. I felt as though I made a positive impact in the community, I had opportunities to learn and grow in my position, I worked with people in my same age group, it was a fun environment where everyone was friends, and people were there because they wanted to be.
April 19, 2018

Thank you for your comments and feedback. Please feel free to email us at askHR@tmcmed.org to provide additional feedback.