Truman Medical Centers Employee Reviews

Inconsistent Leadership
Patient Access Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 25, 2019
In my latter years there was a change of 5 managers in a 6 year span. I was operating in all facets of a supervisor's role with lack of compensation.
Pros
Great relationships with patients
Cons
Unconcerned Management
Authorizations and Corporate Denial Management (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 20, 2019
Mandagement was do or el.se, it was a toxic environment and very unhealthy power struggles within management and other employees. not a healthy place to work at all
TMC's hospitals and clinics are a great place to work.
Clinical Analyst III (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 16, 2019
While I was at Truman the benefits for being an employee were extended to immediate family members. The ability to have labs and other diagnostic tests ran free of charge was a blessing. The payroll deduction in the cafeterias and snack areas are a nice benefit as well.
Horrible place for newcomers
RN ICU (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 16, 2019
I was hired to work on a unit which I felt so thrilled to come to work in the beginning. However, it all changed once I learned I was not accepted by those who worked there. They only employed 2 nurses for that unit and had a PRN nurse that did not want me taking her job and so she misconstrued everything and lied on me to the manager. Since I was new, I was never asked my side of the story and so they let me go. I was a good, hard-worker, and a true team player. My patients loved me and wrote letters saying "thank you for being a great nurse". That did not matter to anyone there. The manager had her favorites and listened only to those who had been working there and did not care to do anything but to please them. All my hard work was only appreciated by my patients.
Pros
Great health insurance
Cons
Favoritism, low-pay, poor management
Most Enjoyable
Gift Shop Manager (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 15, 2019
Truman is very good about listening to your needs most employees always speak and keep a smile on there face. You are always greeted with a friendly hello and departments work well communicating with each other.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Long Hours short breaks
Excellent place to work in general
Title Medical Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 10, 2019
I worked the night shift and most of the staff was fantastic. Hard-working, can-do attitude. The last couple of years, I had a manager who was very good at presentations and meetings, but lacking in operations management and had issues asserting dominance. After I left, she left for another area hospital. I should have stayed.
Pros
Great team spirit
Cons
Bad manager
Truman Medical Center
Patient Access and Scheduling Representative 2 (Current Employee) –  Independence, MODecember 26, 2018
I love the people I work with, and what Truman Medical Center stands for as an organization. Management of ambulatory clinics Lakewood however needs to be looked at and changed. They are bullies and do not care about what is best for the patient but what's best for them.
Pros
the patients
Cons
the leadership
January 2, 2019

Thank you for your feedback and review. I’m thankful you took the time to share your opinion here so that we can reflect on it and think about ways we can adapt and do more to ensure you and others feel valued and appreciated.

Great mission!
Sr. Director-Medicine Specialties Clinics (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 19, 2018
It is a place where you feel like you make a difference by doing what you do! I really enjoyed my time there and built a strong team. I worked hard to have great relationships with the providers I worked with.

Beware
APRN (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 17, 2018
The patients are simply amazing. Working with a diverse population is rewarding. However if you speak up about safety or harassment or anything at all .... You will become a target and you will no longer have a job.
January 2, 2019

Thank you for taking time to share your experience at Truman Medical Center. We are sorry your experience did not reflect our commitment to supporting a quality workforce of true professionals.

We appreciate your feedback and use it to address issues we may have missed in delivering a positive working experience for you. If you would like to share more about your time at TMC, we are happy to listen.

Please contact us by email at askHR@tmcmed.org so that we can set up a time to speak.

Best of luck in your future career endeavors.

Great place to work!
Sexual Assault Nurse (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 11, 2018
Great place to work! I will truly miss my job and coworkers. Truman has helped me grow as a professional and as an individual. If given the opportunity I would return to Truman for employment.
January 2, 2019

Thank you for your comments and feedback. Best of luck to you, and thank you for sharing your time and talents with Truman Medical Centers.

Working at truman
LTC Staffing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 29, 2018
I love working at Truman. Truman has a lot of benefits to offer than just the pay. Truman offer a lot of teamwork, communication, growth, and excellent retirement.

Adrenaline filled
PATIENT ACCESS SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 29, 2018
Truman is a type-1 trauma center in which we will see substantial traumas and other life threatening situations.The clinical staff are very experienced and confident to handle these types of situations at a moments notice.
Pros
discounts on outside vendors
Cons
cafeteria closes too early

Great city hospital
Clinical Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MO 64108November 27, 2018
I love working there and the people I work with. The patients are underinsured and it is a privilege to serve them. I was a supervisor and went part time so I could teach.
November 29, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback here. Your dedication and commitment to TMC is what makes our hospital the best in Kansas City. We appreciate you!

Diverse place to work
High Risk Labor and Delivery Nurse (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 27, 2018
I enjoy the diversity and inclusion that Truman offers. Truman acknowledges the differences of not only the patients but of the staff as well. Monthly events are held to educate patients and staff about other cultures and beliefs.
November 29, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. Your dedication and commitment to TMC is what makes our hospital the best in Kansas City. We are lucky to have employees like you!

Positive, challenging, well-supported setting to provide pastoral care.
PRN/Part-time Chaplain (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MO 64108November 13, 2018
Great colleagues and staff relationships.

Variety of experiences and challenges throughout the shift.

Can occasionally be stressful with the multiple, unanticipated, requirements.
Pros
Excellent, supportive management; superb, collegial work setting.
Cons
None in particular. Can be physically and emotionally draining, but that comes with the turf.
November 29, 2018

Productive and organized place to work.
Cashier/ Server (Current Employee) –  Lees Summit, MOOctober 30, 2018
A typical day at the work place would be to meet different people families and enjoy hearing the baby being born bells I've learned alot in the 1 year I've been with TMC and look forward to further my career and education with the company.
November 1, 2018

I love hearing the sweet lullaby each time a baby is born too! So special.

fun place to work good people
REEG T (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 30, 2018
truman was a nice place to work but i needed more family time they did not have enough people to run the department for 24 hour coverage i would consider going back there if they had a bigger staff
Pros
good people to work with
Cons
not enough coverage for the department

Typical day at work
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  2301 charlotte streetOctober 26, 2018
Call pt. back
get pt. weight and height
room patient
ask a few important questions
poc and immunizations if needed
inform patient that provider will be in shortly
give form about pt. to provider
November 1, 2018

Thank you for your post. Your dedication and commitment to TMC is what makes our hospital the best in Kansas City.

Poor Management
REVENUE INTEGRITY COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 24, 2018
There isn't management support only break you down. The management doesn't offer education they only drive you to quit. My current supervisor micro manages and continually berates me
November 1, 2018

Thank you for the feedback. We strive to promote a positive work experience for all employees so I’m disappointed to hear about your experience.

We value and consider all feedback and we continue to find ways to improve. Please feel free to email us at askHR@tmcmed.org to provide additional feedback.

Faced Paced and Stressful
AVILA UNIVERSITY INTERN (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 24, 2018
Working in the psychiatric hospital as a therapist is faced paced and extremely stressful, however very rewarding. You have to love the mental health field and be willing and able to adapt to the current environment. Many get burned out because of the stress and demographic of patients.
Pros
Collaborative, dedicated staff
Cons
stressful, difficult demographic of patients at times
November 1, 2018

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Truman Medical Centers. Our community is ready to answer.