Trumpet Behavioral Health Employee Reviews

I love Trumpet!
Registered Behavior Technician (Former Employee) –  Fairborn, OH, USDecember 13, 2018
They offer the absolute best training and the work environment is awesome. All of the clinicians are amazing and extremely supportive. The kids are wonderful.
Great Benefits
ABA Therapist (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSNovember 30, 2018
Trumpet is still growing. They just changed CEO's and are continually improving the corporation. They are very intent with keeping the safety and on going education for their clients. They expect excellence out of eat of their employees. If you slip up at all they will definitely let you know! There is great benefits while working for this company as well.
Pros
Employee Benefits
Cons
Very Strict on Employee work performance.
ABA therapy
Registered Behavior Technician (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 25, 2018
This is a good place to get experience working with children on the autism spectrum. It is also a great place to learn Aba theraphy. However there is unconsistency when it comes to having a set schedule and the same amount of hours weekly.
Pros
Learn aba therapy become rbt certified
Cons
inconsistent with weekly hours
Enjoyed working there
Registered Behavior Technician (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 13, 2018
As a tech the hours can be unpredictable but flexible but the staff is wonderful and extremely helpful with learning all the new ways to implement treatment plans.
Unfair investigation
Registered Behavior Technician (Former Employee) –  Peoria AriNovember 12, 2018
Client accused therapists of harming him while attempting to run the prescribed treatment plan.
Investigations were not conducted fairly. Client was a manipulator, bratty young person, who got their own way at any cost. In this case, the therapists were let go.
It really tourqued me off because I love the work, clients, and other therapists. I would never harm a client intentionally.
Pros
Training was really good. Other therapists were very helpful.
Cons
Safety issues, which were never addressed, Clients got several people booted, because they were attempting to follow the prescribed treatment plan
Poor management and unreasonable policies
RBT (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 1, 2018
Education for RBTS was great, but day to day managment ofthe clinic was not. Hours are variable, would schedule during time off without warning, needed at least one month's notice for PTO, no allowances for being sick and/or injured.
Decent place to start
Registered Behavior Technician (RBT) (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COOctober 23, 2018
Honestly, TBH is a great company, and I appreciate and believe in everything they do. I sincerely enjoyed going to work and being able to work with kids as a RBT. However, communication was pretty terrible. Cancelled sessions that I was not informed about left me ringing doorbells for 10 minutes. And, severe lack of communication. It was difficult to work on goals during some sessions because I never had information or was left to do things on my own without guidance or support.
Pros
Working with clients
Cons
Communication, Scheduling
great place to work
Registered Behavioral Therapist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 7, 2018
had a lot of fun and learned a lot while working there and would recommend it to any one in the field, it provides a challenge if your looking and the support when it is to much.
Great place to get clinical ABA experience
Registered Behavior Technician (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZSeptember 5, 2018
Fast paced, clinical setting. Good place for students to get intensive experience in the ABA field. Ideal for people who are students and only need and want part-time hours. Ever-changing schedule. Tons of learning opportunities.
Pros
You will learn a lot about ABA
I loved working for Trumpet!
Registered Behavioral Therapist (Former Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAAugust 14, 2018
I loved working for Trumpet! You can really sense the compassion in the service that they provide for both employees and clients. They provide training and really help you to pass your competency assessment and RBT exam. My supervisors were always available to answer questions, we communicated about 90% through text/email.

Each session was about 2-3 hours long. They provide to you a tablet with all that you need to know on there. The BCBA gives you instructions on what to do on the tablet for each client and you follow just that. It's your job to make it fun and take time to get to know your client and find out what they do/do not like.

The work culture and environment is very positive and supportive. It is so much fun playing with the kids and getting to know the families. The hardest part is dealing with possible meltdowns and/or tantrums as this can be draining to some people. The best part is knowing that you are making a huge impact
in the individual's life and helping them achieve their goals and independence.

I've resigned due to personal reasons but I would work for Trumpet again in a heartbeat!
Pros
Supportive team members, reimbursements, making a positive impact in other's lives, learning new things.
Cons
Can be emotionally/physically draining.
paid training and salary increase based on performance
Behavioral Therapist (Former Employee) –  Dublin, CAAugust 13, 2018
The company hires people and train them well to be competent. They require that therapist should take RBT certificate and increases salary once passing exam. Work environment is pleasant, everyone is working together to help clients.
Pros
possible career advancement
Cons
scheduling team is quite challenging to deal with a lot of miscommunication
An organization filled with lots of people who really care
Talent Acquisition Partner (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, COJuly 9, 2018
This has been my favorite organization to work for. The staff I had the pleasure of working with worked so hard and cared very deeply about the services that we provide.
Terrible corporate culture
Clinician (Former Employee) –  Arcata, CAJune 27, 2018
New CEO made sure that the focus shifted firmly in favor of profits at the expense of the well-being of clients. They forced out all of the experience staff by making the job miserable, then brought on inexperienced low wage staff. The result is terrible services to clients and very high turnover. Also, TBH is obsessed with subordination and compliance to the absurd micromanaging style that the culture favors. They use punishment to shape behavior, which is the opposite of what an ABA company should be focused on.
Pros
Working with kids
Cons
Micromanagement, crazy hours, unethical management
Family Atmosphere
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COJune 7, 2018
Such a great group to work with; everyone really embraces a culture of caring and “work hard, play hard” mentality. All employees work together to achieve great things and are proud to be a part of the TBH family.
Poor place to work
HR (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COApril 27, 2018
Horrible! No communication, run while you can. You cannot trust them. They are going through huge changes and don't know what they are doing. Cut throat
Terrible CEO, Great Co-Workers
Behavior Therapist (Current Employee) –  Antioch, CAApril 24, 2018
New CEO made life very hard for clients and staff. The people here are great, the corporate side only cares about money, not helping children with Autism
Typical day at the Job
Registered behavioral Technician, Therapist (Current Employee) –  Fairborn, OHApril 23, 2018
Fast paced env. Assist ABA programs, social skill development. Learn how to run programs. Hardest part ensure positive outcomes.Clients best part.Fun!
Pros
Advancement of clients
Cons
low pay
Ok
Behavioral Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZApril 20, 2018
Job had a specific focus on CBT or cognitive-behavioral therapy, but did not utilize other schools of psychology. The pay was alright, but not great. The behavioral techniques utilized were very physical, and as a type one diabetic, I experienced a lot of blood sugar crashes that would have to be supplemented by just a few other workers who had their own kids to work with. The staff and management team were very supportive, but my physical limitations affected my ability to succeed there.
Pros
Great team, helping others
Cons
pay, ideological limitations
Productive and collaborative team.
Senior Behavioral Therapist (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIApril 10, 2018
The workplace was very upbeat. There was a special comradery between the the staff. The management showed great support to their staff. I enjoyed going to work!
Company is dedicated to their job.
Associate Clinician (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMarch 27, 2018
I enjoyed working for this behavior company. The leadership team was very helpful and available when Clinicians needed support. I have learned responsiblilty and leadership skills.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Trumpet Behavioral Health. Our community is ready to answer.