Trumpet Behavioral Health Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Family Atmosphere
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COJune 7, 2018
Such a great group to work with; everyone really embraces a culture of caring and “work hard, play hard” mentality. All employees work together to achieve great things and are proud to be a part of the TBH family.
Poor place to work
HR (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COApril 27, 2018
Horrible! No communication, run while you can. You cannot trust them. They are going through huge changes and don't know what they are doing. Cut throat
Typical day at the Job
Registered behavioral Technician, Therapist (Current Employee) –  Fairborn, OHApril 23, 2018
Fast paced env. Assist ABA programs, social skill development. Learn how to run programs. Hardest part ensure positive outcomes.Clients best part.Fun!
Pros
Advancement of clients
Cons
low pay
Ok
Behavioral Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZApril 20, 2018
Job had a specific focus on CBT or cognitive-behavioral therapy, but did not utilize other schools of psychology. The pay was alright, but not great. The behavioral techniques utilized were very physical, and as a type one diabetic, I experienced a lot of blood sugar crashes that would have to be supplemented by just a few other workers who had their own kids to work with. The staff and management team were very supportive, but my physical limitations affected my ability to succeed there.
Pros
Great team, helping others
Cons
pay, ideological limitations
Productive and collaborative team.
Senior Behavioral Therapist (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIApril 10, 2018
The workplace was very upbeat. There was a special comradery between the the staff. The management showed great support to their staff. I enjoyed going to work!
Company is dedicated to their job.
Associate Clinician (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMarch 27, 2018
I enjoyed working for this behavior company. The leadership team was very helpful and available when Clinicians needed support. I have learned responsiblilty and leadership skills.
Great place to learn and gain experience
Therapist (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMarch 22, 2018
Trumpet is an awesome place to begin a career in psychology or health care. The BCBAs I work with truly care about the therapists and clients. They will teach you every day and help you advance in the field of ABA, if that is your goal. Even if ABA isn’t your career goal, working as a therapist gives great exposure to the health care world and direct therapy.

There has been a lot of policy change lately that affects the therapists that work here, but they are improving.
Pros
Supportive teammates, Pto, awesome kids, no weekends
Cons
Hours can easily be lost with client vacation or illness and you will not get paid for that time.
MTS Board Eliminated Positions
Clinician (Former Employee) –  Arcata, CAMarch 18, 2018
TBH changed after a new Board took over. They eliminated many positions. TBH cares more about operations and standardization then clients and BCBA's who are providing the service for the company. They micromanage by making BCBA's use multiple and complicated and time consuming excel documents so they can monitor your work easier, but it is a drain on the BCBA's time, and takes away from Client related activities.
Cons
Operations and Standardization
Great Job, Poor Company
Registered Behavioral Technician (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 25, 2018
I started at Trumpet totally entry level with a little experience working with kids. It took a lot of getting used to, but I was excited and happy with my new job. Around September 2017 they started making changes to the Trumpet policy. They always say "clients first" and I guess they really mean it when they try to get so many kids services without having adequate staffing. When I first started I had two clients at trumpet for a total of 10-15 hours a week once things started getting finalized. And it stayed that way for a good 5 months until I started getting a bunch of new kids a lot of hours (which is good!). The problem is that Trumpet has a high turnover rate, so new therapists get assigned to new kids, and when that therapist leaves there becomes more kids than therapists available. I personally have a client that has only had me as a therapist for six months when kids should have at least two therapists. I have also had lots of Clinicians and Associate Clinicians moving from client to client, which makes it hard to keep programming the same and communication with them even more difficult. Some kids have been put on the back burner, sitting with mastered programs and no plans for new targets, and still no communications from clinicians to therapists. In my opinion, Trumpet seems to only care about the money, not the kids or their employees. And did I mention time off requests must be made about 2 months in advance? Ridiculous!
All in All, though, working with the kids is awesome. I love working with them and getting to know the families. it's not the right job for everyone,
  more... but if you're up to a little challenge, I think you'll come to love it as well.  less
Pros
great kids! nice coworkers
Cons
Time off requests, bad communication
Horrible
Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COJanuary 12, 2018
They refused to listen to someone who had years of experience in scheduling and scheduling management. Its unfortunate they have no idea what they are doing and no idea how to run a scheduling department which is critical to their success. They micromanage you to death and remote states are critically involved to everyone's detriment. Sad really. They say its growing pains, but in reality its the management. They aren't qualified. This takes more than call center management. Turnover is insane. Inefficient. In my opinion they should shut down until they fix the current problems. The possibility to be a great company is there and their help with kids in noble, but they lack proper infrastructure to make it happen.
Pros
Time off
Cons
Unqualified to run a critical area of their business.
Fun therapists to work with. Constant BCBA turnover
Behavior Therapist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 7, 2018
I worked there for a year. I loved my job and and working with kids and other therapists but the constant turnover of management at all levels made it hard for consistent programs and also to get career advancement personally and professionally
Pros
Therapists
Cons
Turnover and stress
Behavior Therapist
Behavior Therapist (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CADecember 21, 2017
I have learned a lot about how to help a child with autism spectrum disorder. I loved the working ethics and the environment. However, for me, they can do better in managing the time and place scheduled for the therapist. I remember they gave me a wrong place a couple of times when I went to meet my client so in the end, I was late to the meeting. I was embarrassed and seemed unprofessional because of this when it's actually not my fault.
Pros
Learning opportunity
Trumpet
Behavioral Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Berkeley, CADecember 19, 2017
Very sporadic hours, great management. Jobs were spread out, away from one another, sometimes driving for an hour to get from one job to the next. Working with kids was very fulfilling.
Fun Dynamic place to work
Behavioral Therapist (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CADecember 13, 2017
A great fun place to work, everyone is always there to help you grow more into your role. Most enjoyable part of job is that you get to help a child and their family with life skills and make a huge impact on their future.
A Job
Applied Behavior Analysis Therapist (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CADecember 8, 2017
I love the ABA work that Trumpet does. Their training was very thorough and had me well prepared. However there is no advancement, minimal benefits, and pay is low.
Stay Away
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  AnonymousDecember 2, 2017
Steer clear from this company. Staff are leaving as fast as they are coming. In the past, it was about the clients served. Now it seems that it is only about the money. Policies and procedures have changed that makes things more difficult on the workers. Staff are not treated as though they are appreciated. The new investors that took over the company have ruined things for TBH. Get out while you can or simply steer clear. Pay checks are not consistent. If your schedule is entered wrong, you have to wait days or even weeks for it to be corrected. This means that you won't get paid unless your past schedule is correct. If your clients cancel and there are no other clients that you have been trained to work with, you can stay and be paid $9 per hour, or leave and not be paid at all. Centralized scheduling is a joke. Schedule changes for families in all divisions are handled by workers in Colorado. This is being shown to be a disaster. Two scheduling managers left within a 6 month period. They knew to get out while they could. The best workers are leaving faster than you can say bye.
Pros
All the pros left when the new investors came.
Cons
1.5 notice needed for time off that can still be denied, Inconsistent pay, No appreciation for workers, Micromanaging, centralized scheduling, inconsistent work schedule
Recently bought out
RBT (Current Employee) –  Gilbert, AZNovember 21, 2017
TBH has been undergoing changes after it was bought out by a new group of investors. Since that time there have been unexplainable lay-offs, poor employee morale, high turnover, and unethical cost-cutting measures. Long-term employees are on their way out one way or another, and upper management has had a reactionary as opposed to a proactive approach to keep up with employee satisfaction. They waited until after many therapists left to offer a pay raise but still less than other companies.
Pros
Great training, excellent health insurance and 4% 401k matching
Cons
Cost cutting
Clinicians were great mentors
Registered Behavior Technician (Current Employee) –  Newport Beach, CANovember 8, 2017
I felt that Trumpet hired excellent clinicians that helped teach and mentor the therapist on their cases. Any questions or issues I had I never hesitated to reach out to a clinician and they would always provide a reasonable and thought out answer.
Pros
Mentors, helpful
Cons
Scheduling team was horrible, hours
Rewarding and Stressful
Registered Behavior Technician (Current Employee) –  Fairborn, OHNovember 2, 2017
I absolutely love my position. However the policies that have been ever-changing while I work here have become more and more stressful. While working with the clients is highly rewarding, the inner-workings and policies have become overly stressful.
Pros
clients, minimal weekends, daytime hours
Cons
policies, seperated pay rates
Fun work place
Behavioral Therapist (Current Employee) –  United StatesOctober 30, 2017
Great company.! Love all the kids I met, and I love when they learn new things.! However I did not like how the hours were not consistent, and I had to much free time on my hands
Pros
Meeting with new kids
Cons
Lack of hours