Trumpf Inc Employee Reviews

Associate Technician (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 4, 2019
Extremely good place to work. I unfortunately received a job offer closer to home and had to help with family. This was my favorite job I ever worked
Pros
Great culture
Great!
Training Administrator (Current Employee) –  Farmington, CTJanuary 30, 2019
I love my current manager! The department is awesome. I am definately blessed to be apart of this department. The only thing that I dont like is the pay. I wish it was a little better but I really couldn't ask for a better manager or department.
Pros
Good management & employees (department)
Cons
Pay
Productive Positive Fun Environment
TruDisk and Beam Path Assembler (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CTJanuary 7, 2019
the team is strong, very positive people willing to help each other 100% of the time. an equal amazing management, and plenty of fun available through their paid health activities.
Could be a great place to work for if the management was good.
Maintenance Tech II (Current Employee) –  Cranbury, NJDecember 14, 2018
Start your day by checking the data base for tools down, and then read any e-mails. Go into thw fab to support the operators and production line by servicing the tool or teaching how to use the tool properly. Management is very poor does not support thier workers unless you are one of thier favorites. The culture seems to be good, but the hardest part of working here is that the management allows to enable people to destroy tools and then blame maintenance and trys to rush you just to destroy the tool again after you fix it. They also dout you when you give them the diagnostics about a tool even though you are 100 percent right. The best part about the job is when you leave for the day.
Difficult company to work for
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  AnonymousOctober 18, 2018
I worked for Trumpf for many years. During my time there it was very clear that unless you are part of the inner circle, there is little concern for what you think, feel, or bring to the table as a professional. If you think differently, that is bad. The value your experience and education may bring is irrelevant if you don't step in line. The real managers (those capable of managing people) are not allowed to do so because the bottom line is the only thing that matters. On a good note, if you transfer from headquarters you can do no wrong.
Pros
Good employees. Good benefits.
Cons
Management, compensation
Zero regard for family needs
FIELD SERVICE ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Bristol, CTOctober 18, 2018
Worked in the field, no regard whatsoever for family obligations. Entrenched long time employees difficult to work with. Slowest response times in the industry, customers were always angry since their machines were down waiting for a tech.
Pros
cafeteria onsite.
fun place
Secretary/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 16, 2018
restaurant and picking up phone and in the building it's a hotel and people buy apartments and it's a great place to work
they are nice people to be around
Pros
lunch
Cons
break
Dont waste your time with this company
Machinist Operator (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CTAugust 8, 2018
They offer you one job buy the end of the month you will have 3 with no compensation in pay there hiring a lot of temps when things get slow they let them all go or they let you go before they need to hire temp dead end job with no advancement
Pros
Nice cafeteria view of lake
Cons
Its a trap
Perform managerial role daily
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  International Businees ParkMay 5, 2018
Find challenging in managing people around myself. It requires patience, competency, able to lead, and listening ear in order to get things done. First and foremost I must like to deal with people. The workplace should be promoted as amicable and non-hostile environment. Keep things in short and sharp (KISS method). The hardest part of the job is about human relationship when comes to managerial role. As long as one believes in sincerity and integrity, people tends to work closer with him or her. The most enjoyable part of the job is to achieve the work done either a small step and or a big step. I am proud in serving people around me and the company.
TruTops Support- Not what was expecting
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CTApril 23, 2018
Job description didn't tell the full picture of actual work that would be done. It forgot to include that this is a 90% phone role. This is not a "computer programming" role, but a "trutops programming" which is nowhere near the same thing.

Only technical support you do, is data migrations or software setup. Only way to get ahead is to become proficient in their proprietary software "boost" which companies use to cut their mateirals on Trumpf machines.

If you're looking for a job and think this is computer support, stay away. There is nothing "software engineer" related for this position.
Intellectually pleasing
Marketing Intern (Current Employee) –  Farmington, CTMarch 27, 2018
I learned how to create flyers, analyze magazine, create charts and presentations about competitors. My boss was always willing to assist me and showed me the right way to do things.
Innovative and Intriguing, plenty to learn
Production Technician (Current Employee) –  Cranbury, NJJanuary 9, 2018
Trumpf Photonics is an excellent place for a young individual to begin to work at, due to a decent starting wage, benefits, room for learning, in-house training, and engaging in an exclusive trade.
Pros
Benefits, Paid Time Off, Assisted tuition
Cons
Communication with management occasionally, High demands of quota at times
Subset of larger German company - not good
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Cranbury, NJDecember 18, 2017
Manufacturing subset based in Central Jersey. A fast growing segment of the business in US. Creates powerful tools for manufacturing metal products but beseeched with disorganization and employee morale issues. German business mindset is, at times, incompatible with American know-how and expectations. Management style leans towards the ridiculous, emphasizing on office politics. Staff does not have confidence in leadership.
Would not recommend a long term stay, just enough to gain experience and make a better salary elsewhere.
Pros
Plant shutdown between Christmas and New Year's (i.e., company vacation)
Cons
Paid 1 a month. Probationary wait for benefits (vacation, 401k) which are basic not great. Pay is ok at best. Some managers are abysmal.
fair
Shipping clerk (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CTDecember 16, 2017
my job experience was fair.
i felt that after working for the company for just under five years, i became more familiar with the knowledge that the more social you are with your co workers and mangers outside of work, the farther you will get within the company. i think that is just not fair to those who like to keep their personal life and work life completely separate. Which is very much how i operate.
Pros
good benefits / good PTO
Cons
poor management is some departments, not enough money for harder working departments
Good work culture.
Process Engineer (Current Employee) –  Cranbury, NJNovember 6, 2017
The company is growing and expanding all its departments. The work culture is well balanced and there are lot options to build a career.
good health insurance is provided.
good place to work
Information Technology Intern (Current Employee) –  Farmington, CTOctober 14, 2017
It was a good experience to work for such a big company. I will recommend this place to anyone looking for Entry level position and if you are looking for an experience.
great place to work
Shipping and receiving clerk (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCOctober 14, 2017
Very relaxed environment , good Management ,the busy time of year which is year end quarter can be hectic but overall it balances out . very family oriented company .
Work hard, you'll do well
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Farmington, CTSeptember 14, 2017
I've loved working for TRUMPF. If you work hard, get along well with your coworkers, and work to make yourself an asset to the company, there are opportunities for you to advance. I've had very positive experiences here for the 10 years I've been with the company. This is a company where the senior staff is humble, down-to-earth. That alone sets them apart.
Pros
Good benefits, beautiful campus
Good company
Contractor (Current Employee) –  Farmington, CTSeptember 3, 2017
The company is top notch. I completed the temporary assignment. They have a great work ethic and respect work/life needs. They provide opportunities team building and healthy eating.
Good place to work.
Field Service Engineer SE Region (Current Employee) –  Farmington, CTJuly 13, 2017
Good, stable Company with fair pay and benefits, with excellent training. Overall the company is good but travel consists of 90% or more with little down time.
Pros
All travel expenses are covered, fair perdem.
Cons
To much travel and long days.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Trumpf Inc. Our community is ready to answer.