Trumpf Inc Employee Reviews

Difficult company to work for
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  AnonymousOctober 18, 2018
I worked for Trumpf for many years. During my time there it was very clear that unless you are part of the inner circle, there is little concern for what you think, feel, or bring to the table as a professional. If you think differently, that is bad. The value your experience and education may bring is irrelevant if you don't step in line. The real managers (those capable of managing people) are not allowed to do so because the bottom line is the only thing that matters. On a good note, if you transfer from headquarters you can do no wrong.
Pros
Good employees. Good benefits.
Cons
Management, compensation
Zero regard for family needs
FIELD SERVICE ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Bristol, CTOctober 18, 2018
Worked in the field, no regard whatsoever for family obligations. Entrenched long time employees difficult to work with. Slowest response times in the industry, customers were always angry since their machines were down waiting for a tech.
Pros
cafeteria onsite.
Dont waste your time with this company
Machinist Operator (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CTAugust 8, 2018
They offer you one job buy the end of the month you will have 3 with no compensation in pay there hiring a lot of temps when things get slow they let them all go or they let you go before they need to hire temp dead end job with no advancement
Pros
Nice cafeteria view of lake
Cons
Its a trap
TruTops Support- Not what was expecting
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CTApril 23, 2018
Job description didn't tell the full picture of actual work that would be done. It forgot to include that this is a 90% phone role. This is not a "computer programming" role, but a "trutops programming" which is nowhere near the same thing.

Only technical support you do, is data migrations or software setup. Only way to get ahead is to become proficient in their proprietary software "boost" which companies use to cut their mateirals on Trumpf machines.

If you're looking for a job and think this is computer support, stay away. There is nothing "software engineer" related for this position.
fun place
Secretary/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 16, 2018
restaurant and picking up phone and in the building it's a hotel and people buy apartments and it's a great place to work
they are nice people to be around
Pros
lunch
Cons
break
Innovative and Intriguing, plenty to learn
Production Technician (Current Employee) –  Cranbury, NJJanuary 9, 2018
Trumpf Photonics is an excellent place for a young individual to begin to work at, due to a decent starting wage, benefits, room for learning, in-house training, and engaging in an exclusive trade.
Pros
Benefits, Paid Time Off, Assisted tuition
Cons
Communication with management occasionally, High demands of quota at times
fair
Shipping clerk (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CTDecember 16, 2017
my job experience was fair.
i felt that after working for the company for just under five years, i became more familiar with the knowledge that the more social you are with your co workers and mangers outside of work, the farther you will get within the company. i think that is just not fair to those who like to keep their personal life and work life completely separate. Which is very much how i operate.
Pros
good benefits / good PTO
Cons
poor management is some departments, not enough money for harder working departments
Subset of larger German company - not good
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Cranbury, NJDecember 18, 2017
Manufacturing subset based in Central Jersey. A fast growing segment of the business in US. Creates powerful tools for manufacturing metal products but beseeched with disorganization and employee morale issues. German business mindset is, at times, incompatible with American know-how and expectations. Management style leans towards the ridiculous, emphasizing on office politics. Staff does not have confidence in leadership.
Would not recommend a long term stay, just enough to gain experience and make a better salary elsewhere.
Pros
Plant shutdown between Christmas and New Year's (i.e., company vacation)
Cons
Paid 1 a month. Probationary wait for benefits (vacation, 401k) which are basic not great. Pay is ok at best. Some managers are abysmal.
Intellectually pleasing
Marketing Intern (Current Employee) –  Farmington, CTMarch 27, 2018
I learned how to create flyers, analyze magazine, create charts and presentations about competitors. My boss was always willing to assist me and showed me the right way to do things.
Work hard, you'll do well
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Farmington, CTSeptember 14, 2017
I've loved working for TRUMPF. If you work hard, get along well with your coworkers, and work to make yourself an asset to the company, there are opportunities for you to advance. I've had very positive experiences here for the 10 years I've been with the company. This is a company where the senior staff is humble, down-to-earth. That alone sets them apart.
Pros
Good benefits, beautiful campus
Good work culture.
Process Engineer (Current Employee) –  Cranbury, NJNovember 6, 2017
The company is growing and expanding all its departments. The work culture is well balanced and there are lot options to build a career.
good health insurance is provided.
good place to work
Information Technology Intern (Current Employee) –  Farmington, CTOctober 14, 2017
It was a good experience to work for such a big company. I will recommend this place to anyone looking for Entry level position and if you are looking for an experience.
great place to work
Shipping and receiving clerk (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCOctober 14, 2017
Very relaxed environment , good Management ,the busy time of year which is year end quarter can be hectic but overall it balances out . very family oriented company .
Great company with a few drawbacks
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CTMay 4, 2017
Workplace environment is ever changing and the travel is awesome, however the travel can be upwards of 95% not leaving very much time for family and friends. While the benefits are great and the people you work both with and for are outstanding, the only real drawback is the time you have to devote to the job. Everyone is very friendly and super helpful and the most enjoyable part of the job is really dependent upon your own personal preference. I love working with others but as this is a predominantly solo position (you will be out on your own majority of the time) that leaves little time for socializing. As a family man, being away from mine was honestly the toughest aspect of the job.
Pros
Excellent benefits; awesome coworkers and management team
Cons
Alone majority of the time; very little time with family and friends
Good place to work.
Field Service Engineer SE Region (Current Employee) –  Farmington, CTJuly 13, 2017
Good, stable Company with fair pay and benefits, with excellent training. Overall the company is good but travel consists of 90% or more with little down time.
Pros
All travel expenses are covered, fair perdem.
Cons
To much travel and long days.
laid back
Laser Production Technician (Current Employee) –  Cranbury, NJAugust 28, 2016
Trumpf is a multicultural work place with a great work environment very laid back and comfortable place to work. A typical day at work is very productive , fun , and very challenging when it comes to troubleshooting the product. I've learned many different things about laser manufacturing testing and troubleshooting and also repair.
Management and coworkers work together to produce product.
the hardest part of the job is the commute.
The most enjoyable part of the job is being productive reaching the goals and looking forward to bonuses.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
bad weather, deer
An excellent workplace with plenty of opportunity for growth!
Field Team Lead / Installation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, SCMay 9, 2016
A typical day consist of meeting with customers and going over the schematics of the OR's to see if the measurements meet their standards and if the equipment is able to go up without any issues. What I usually learn is that the customer is always right. The management team are always there when you need them and never hesitate to help out whenever they can.

My co-workers are very diverse and their own person to say the least. The hardest part of job i'd have to say is being away from my family and the most enjoyable part would have to be seeing the end results of my hard work.
Ultra Precision Machinist (Former Employee) –  Cranbury, NJMay 3, 2016
Trumpf has given me a opportunity to learn a new skill in the cnc machine industry and to that avail I'm grateful. My time there has been a experience to the fact and to my skill levels that I'm capable of learning and grasping new opportunities. Most of the individuals I will miss and I say that because there was a family bond with most than some. I'll never forget the time there positive or negative, moving forward, it was a great experience. Thanks....
Good company
Contractor (Current Employee) –  Farmington, CTSeptember 3, 2017
The company is top notch. I completed the temporary assignment. They have a great work ethic and respect work/life needs. They provide opportunities team building and healthy eating.
Hard working and a lot of works.
IT Infrastructure/Intern (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CTDecember 28, 2015
Assisting clients using remote software and phones. Installing hardware and software for clients as well as moving workstations to new offices. Responsible for configuration of new devices and controlling administration right for computers. Cabling and testing internet connection.

The hardest part is to manage everything to get it done on time. Usually got 5-8 tickets in on the ticket system everyday. Depended on how much work needed to get it done.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Trumpf Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about