Trunk Club Employee Reviews

Fun place to work. Lots of young energy and no money
Sales Associate/Personal stylist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 19, 2019
Working at Trunk Club was all fun until you realized what you were actually making in comparison to what you were doing. Typical hours would be 9-7 then go home and fill trunks for at least 2 more hours if you wanted to meet sales goals and/or commissions. I’m guessing only 1-2% of the people met that monthly goal. It was hard core pressed sales pushing products down peoples throats instead of actually getting to know your clients, finding the best clothes for them and gaining their trust. None of this ever happened. I made a lot of great longtime friends very mad and ruined a lot of relationships while I was only trying to do my job and pay rent.

They hire girls right out of college (good looking girls) to lure the men in which is a little sketchy to me.

I also think they may be in a legal lawsuit for not paying people overtime according to the employment laws of Texas
Pros
Lot of free breakfast from vendors
Cons
Below minimum wage pay for work performed
Toxic Unprofessional Environment
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 25, 2019
Trunk Club is an unprofessional, gossip driven work place with unrealistic sales expectations. There is minimal to no management or coaching. The one plus is that there is the option to work remotely if needed.
Pros
Option to work remotely
Cons
Toxic work environment
Trunk Club
Operations Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 22, 2019
Trunk club was fine. I worked there briefly in 2013. My bosses were very nice, but I doubt anyone that I worked with is still at the company. It was a fun environment.
Horrible company
Stylist/Sales (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 14, 2019
Poor management and execution of company standards. The structure of the company changed constantly and the employees are treated very poorly and are not given coaching or training. The job itself can be a lot of fun for the right person. Unfortunately, I dont see this company being around for very long.
great
OPERATIONS ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 12, 2018
great team great clients. Everyone is stylish and fun and lots of happiness everyday. Love it!!!!!!!

Everyone should work here bc like duh its totes amazing
Fun workplace however no room to grow within sales team
NATIONAL STYLIST, INSIDE SALES & PARTNERSHIPS (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 17, 2018
lack of consistency in sales team regarding goals, compensation and benefits are leading to attrition. Great peer work environment but lack of support and growth guidance from management.
No growth
Stylist (Current Employee) –  United StatesAugust 6, 2018
.No opportunity for growth other than unstructured tier system. Upper management is clueless about the day to day life as a stylist. The office is ran by who a leader who is immature and un motivating to the team.
Workplace Culture
Expert Fashion Stylist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 6, 2018
Open atmosphere for collaboration, lots of employee interaction, open bar for after work drinks. They promoted getting to know your fellow workmates but then if you were too close, it was an "issue".
Pros
Open bar
Cons
Working all the time
fast paced work place.
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 3, 2018
if you like a competitive job ,trunk club is the job for you. it's fast paced ,challenging , and gives you the opportunity to work with many different personalities on a day to day bases.
Pros
flexiable
Cons
no overtime
No growth
Senior Stylist / Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 1, 2018
I learned alot for it being my first job out of college. However, there is no growth options for a stylist other than different pay tiers. Once you hit the highest pay level, there is an extremely slim chance of moving to a management position. You are stuck doing the same thing everyday.
Relaxed workplace but high pressure sales goals
Personal Stylist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 26, 2018
The workplace culture suits the company mission, however work/life balance for it's employees isn't the best as far as work schedules go. The best part of the job is working with in-house appointment clients.
Productive and fun workplace
Stock / Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 25, 2018
I enjoyed my time at trunk club. I feel they were more than fair with their expectations of their employees. My manager actually cared about opinions of others and was always respectful.
Fast Paced, stressful
Sales Support Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 18, 2018
It's hard to grow here and the work is unforgiving. You can learn a lot about startups and selling and men's clothing. Don't have much else to say the company could have completely changed between when I worked there and when I am writing this now.
Pros
great culture
Cons
little to no growth .
Extremely enjoyable workplace
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 18, 2018
I would have to say that Trunk Club was an extremely enjoyable work environment to be a part of. My coworkers were always trying to help out others and make sure every person on their team is working well in their particular position.
Fun place to work
IT Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 6, 2018
Great place to work. Many opportunities if you work hard and put in the time. Education is encouraged. Open door policy. Great people to work with.
Pros
Free Lunches, Career Advancement opportunities
Cons
healthcare
Trunk Club
Stylist/Sales Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 29, 2018
Great culture but no room for growth. They say that things are always changing but they are literally ALWAYS changing. Overall, okay first job out of college.
A place to work if you enjoy the constant uknown
Account Coordinator // Stylist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 3, 2018
Things change daily, poor compensation, very little incentives but, asked to meet incredulous standards, poor bonuses, they “encourage PTO” but often aren’t flexible, not enough work/life balance, managers taking vacations frequently
Pros
Discount
Cons
“Unlimited PTO” working weekends, limited flexibility
Good starter job
E-Commerce National Stylist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 16, 2018
Trunk Club was originally a very fun, open atmosphere. Very lively and collaborative but it has since become all about sales and numbers. That's fine and all but we are being treated like the bottom of the barrel employees. It gets very tiring after a while. Clients definitely make it enjoyable.
Pros
unlimited PTO, free gifts from vendors, catered lunches and breakfasts
Cons
confining, poor pay, is slowly becoming more corporate
Great company, non-competitive salaries
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 16, 2018
Pros:
At Trunk Club, you work on a modern tech stack with great people.

Cons:
Salary is not competitive with other Software Engineer positions available.
Pros
Modern tech stack. Nice people. Cool business idea.
Cons
Uncompetitive salary.
Fun place to work and make friends!
Senior Custom Stylist (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 10, 2018
Fun culture! Cool clients! Hardest part of the job is growing your business and creating loyal shoppers. I learned so much from working here, it taught me some amazing sales basics.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Trunk Club. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.3InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.7Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight