TrustArc Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great company culture doing important data privacy work.
Territory Account Executive (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 7, 2018
Great company culture doing important data privacy work. Great culture, management, comfortable environment, flexibility, supportive, kind, understanding perspective.
Market is Growing but Company is struggling
DIRECTOR, ENTERPRISE SOLUTIONS (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 24, 2016
Data Privacy is growing and becoming more relevant. However, company has been taking on water for a while and has had to layoff or lose good people to other opportunities.

Data privacy landscape is tough to understand, lots of nuances, and direction. Have to also compete with security companies even though 2 offerings are mutually exclusive.

Good perks consist of working from home and good work/life balance. Unlimited PTO is also given. Many people take advantage of it.

Management can do a better job is providing direction, transparency, and inspiration. Business Units are silo'ed and do not mesh cohesively.
Pros
Free snacks, unlimited PTO, good work/life balance
Cons
Poor management, layoffs and good people leaning on their own accord. No inspiration internally.
TRUSTe is a very dynamic company with high growth potential.
Enterprise Privacy Solutions Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 4, 2015
TRUSTe is a company positioned for growth in the privacy sphere. I worked with some team members prior to joining the company and was impressed. The company allows employees to learn about a lot of areas of privacy. The Global Privacy Solutions (GPS) team is very cohesive and well-managed.
Fun place to work, flexible ecosystem
Software Developer (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 27, 2015
I have only good things to say about this company, as long as you aren't a client or an engineer. Management here is hit or miss - some departments got it down, some departments have management which is, well, there, but not there, if you know what I mean. The product department drags down the whole company, in my opinion.

The engineering department, of which I belong, has a great manager but the technology products are boring - just boring. I know MOST companies develop boring software, so I guess it's not too different in that respect, but don't look for excitement here, or to be able to brag to your friends about what you work on.

But the company ecosystem, atmosphere, and benefits, are what you'd expect from a funded Bay Area startup - very pleasant. Top level management is on the game, and are trying to make working there a good experience. If you want a 9-5 job, it's a great place. But if you're like me, who wants to be excited about their job and product (I'm not easily excited, true), it's not.
Pros
snack, drinks, beer, massage chair, wii, informal time off
Cons
lackluster management, lacks coherent vision, waste of time