Trustco Bank
2.8

Trustco Bank Employee Reviews

United States215 reviews
Not the greatest company
I loved the branch staff but in a year I had NINE different managers. The last one was an absolute rotten human being and had branch admin wrapped around her thumb. My branch lost power for 6 hours and still had to sit with no heat or electricity and was expected to take transactions. Branch admin laughs at you for expressing your concerns during COVID-19, and was the only bank in the area to not close its lobby during the COVID-19 pandemic. Highly unprofessional when it came to having to close the branches due to possible COVID-19 exposure.
Trustco Bank is a horrid place to work.
Trustco Bank has little to no regard for it's employees. Numbers and money are their top priorities. The needs of the Company always take priority over the needs of the employees and the customers.
Churn and Burn
They don’t care about good employees or bad employees. You are never secure in your position and not respected. You will learn about banking fast but you’ll also learn where not to work.
Horrible place, stay far far far away
Horrible company to work and bank for. Does not care about employees at all. Extremely high turn over due to company not caring about employees. Short staffed in all of branches therefore existing employees have to perform multiple job duties. Never able to get in contact with people when needing assistance with customers. Upper management is very rude and unprofessional with staff. Would rather work at McDonald’s
Pros
No pros at all.
Cons
Everything bad you could imagine about a bank institution
Only thing it's good for is being a steppingstone stone
They have a lot of things they have to fix with this company. They act like they are family but they are the complete opposite. The branch staff is the only thing good you can create a little branch family. If you get on someone's bad side they will let you go and then when asked why they don't tell you and then get upset with you when you ask why. Horrible horrible horrible branch administration administration
Job seekers rely on your experience.
carrier position plus field inspection
job changed over time as carrier positions were being phased out. Started as carrier then added ware house manager and then field inspector for properties. Each new position came after a carrier left the company and then wasn't replaced. Also no pay increase with added job responsibilities.
Dont work there
Managment is not helpful whatsoever if you are unomfortable in your branch, they dont care about you they just care about coverage you will not be paid enough for what you do other places pay 7-15k more for same positions. You will be asked to cover multiple branches and they dont care if you dont have reliable transportation.
It's a Resume Builder
Looks good on a resume, but as a teller you won't actually do much. You'll spend the majority of your time folding fliers.
Upper management is slow to do much or to respond, especially in the case of promotion or issues you may have.

A lot of really nice people at all levels, though.
horrible pay with high, unrealistic demands
Branch Mangers are over worked and under paid. Assistant Managers are not guaranteed in the branch everyday. This causes the managers to have double the work-load. Goals are increasing and bonuses are little to none. Advancement within the company is difficult. Favoritism is obvious. Upper management is a joke. There is no true support from them. Staff does not have any sales goals therefore if they are not a team player then it is difficult to have them help with the managers monthly goals. They hire anyone with 1 year of customer service experience and a good credit score. Overall, if you are a college student I recommend this be the job you work at until you graduate.
Great place to work and build a career!
My experience at Trustco has been great! I learn something new everyday and the opportunities to grow are endless. Your work is appreciated and the most enjoyable part of by job is working with great people that cares about you and your career!
Trustco is constantly improving.
This is one of the best banks I have worked for because of the freedom to grow and advance within the company based on your efforts. The management staff is always looking for feedback on how to make our bank the best in business and our voices are heard all the way up to the ceo.
Pros
A very close family of team members
Great Career!
This company is a great place for anyone to start their career in the banking industry. The on-boarding and training program is outstanding. Promotion opportunities are endless as they love to promote within before looking outside of the company. CEO and Executive staff know you by name!
Pros
Promotions, Free Lunches, Interactions with Executive Vice Presidents, Company Events, Dress Down Days, Holidays/Paid Time Off, 401K, Company Culture
Everything about this company is great, Management was always approachable and it was greatly appreciated.
Great job and good management, you learn something new everyday, Very welcoming from day one, the pay is good. Growth opportunity, respect of work life balance, awesome colleagues.
Productive and Always something new to lear
I learned a lot from my Managers and they guided me through my tough assignments. Work culture was really impressive, everyone is helping and top management always ready to listen the juniors .
Don’t work for this bank
Horrible and hostile environment. Manager only cares about himself and Screams at the employees all the time it’s like walking on egg shells and he is very favoritism. Seems like corporate does not care cause he makes numbers. A lot of turnaround at this bank. Pass this bank up for a job.
I receive a lot of training in products, services and skills
A good company to provide background in banking, solid and stable with a some opportunities to be placed specially at branches. Environment support diversity and inclusion.
Overall it is a good place to work. Could do better on the rates though. Team work is encouraged, usually the co-workers are great, with some rare exceptions.
Not a great place to work
I worked here for a couple months and during that time I found much to be displeased about. First the communication with front-line staff is poor and this causes problems for the operation. Most of the staff are less worried about promoting an environment of teamwork and cooperation and more interested in creating conflict and watching others struggle. If everyone worked to improve the conditions rather than just complain about them it would be a much better place to work.
Enjoyed the Experience
My time at Trustco Bank was a beneficial experience that allowed me to grow personally, professionally, and academically. If you have the ambition, this is a fast-paced job that allows you to invest not only in the company, but yourself as well.
The pay was not good.
I would of stayed with Trustco if they were to pay me a reasonably salary. Fast food workers made more an hour than bank tellers. That was unacceptable so I chose to leave.
Management have no idea what is going on under them
Micro manage everything. From daily activity and what decision to make with customer service to what you wear to meet CEO. Treat all branch personal with little respect . They expect you to work overtime, charitable events all on your own time then give you a problem when you ask for time off for a Dr appointment. No work life balance. The computer system constantly fails.
Pros
Room for advancement
Cons
Too many to list.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Trustco Bank. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8
InHerSight Score
2.0Personal Development
2.8Career Opportunities
2.2Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight