Trustco Bank Employee Reviews

Not a pleasant experience for me
Assistant Branch Manager/ Quality Assurance (Former Employee) –  Glenmont, NYAugust 4, 2018
Somethings at Trustco Can be very misleading. I thought it would be a better experience for me. I was treating very rudely by my staff, and upper management did nothing to solve the issue. After reporting certain things to them. They did nothing to the people that I had the issue with, but instead moved me to another dept.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Good job for those with no experience
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Ballston Lake, NYJuly 20, 2018
Life at trustco is very stressful and somewhat unorthodox. You should be ready to work off-the-cuff with no or little training and almost for free. the revolving door is a constant there
Easy, but slow paced
Teller (Current Employee) –  Central FloridaJuly 19, 2018
Easy job, but slow paced. Coworkers are very nice. Advancement opportunities are available, as they truly promote from within, but salaries are sub-par.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Low pay scale compared to other banks
Only to learn
Head Teller (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 18, 2018
Only to learn, this bank. It is the most demotivating thing that I have been able to see in my life, they have no culture of retaining the employee. Everything is extremely bureaucratic and if you work in Florida you must be the creep of the FL Branch Admin to be taken into account, they pay newly hired people much more than the oldest staff, not at all ethical
Pros
Coworker, Enviroment, Managers
Cons
Very bad salarys out to market
No no nope
head teller (Former Employee) –  New York StateJune 14, 2018
If you're a man you advance pretty quickly within the company. They also start men at a higher wage than women as well. It's a shame really because most of the management team are men with female assistants that do most of their work for them and fix their mistakes.
Toxic Work Environment
Head Teller (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 10, 2018
Originally happy was hired but unfortunately was toxic workplace. Manager was very rude all day long. I had to leave; not going to be harassed at a job. Hopefully, it will change; I reported it.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
toxic training and work environment
Do not work here unless you are desperate!
Branches (Former Employee) –  New YorkMay 22, 2018
Employee turnover is sky high. They are always short of people and have to scramble every day for coverage. It is the most screwed up place I have ever worked. It is a culture where you better just do your job...no time for cross training. Low pay, no benefits until after 90 days. Health plan is weak. It is a company where one family has majority ownership so they pay themselves big stock dividends. Executives also pay themselves well and treat themselves to expensive off site events. Everyone else below the executive level gets crumbs. Because all the money is spent on executives, they have no money to spend on the bank. Equipment is old (remember the old manual teller machines? Yup, they've got them). Computer systems, hardware and software are not current.
Pros
Occasional free lunch
Cons
Poor management, poor morale, low pay, weak benefits
Not a good place to work
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Port Orange, FLMay 18, 2018
The part I like the most was the customers. But management and higher ups let you know you are disposable. Not a good environment to work in. The pay was a lot lower than the average for the job position.
Good employer
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Winter Garden, FLMay 18, 2018
Very nice employer, fun environment, nice coworkers, nice and fast expenses reimbursement, very good goals payment system in place,
a nice networking environment
Trustco Bank - would recommend
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYMay 7, 2018
Trustco Bank was a great company to work with. The staff members were very nice and helpful. There are many great opportunities to grow within the company. Overall, it was a very friendly and customer-centric environment.
Easy Enviornment
Teller (Current Employee) –  NYMay 5, 2018
Customers are loyal and very friendly. Not your average bank. May need to find work to do to let the day go by. Has the best rates on institutions products.
Benefits
Cons
Pay, Advances, Raises
Stay away!
Branch Manager/Mortgage Originator (Former Employee) –  FLApril 23, 2018
The pays are awful, and it is really slow. Good luck getting any help or even any responses from upper managements. The bank is so outdated in term of technology, and even customers don't like Trustco bank. Nobody know who is Trustco Bank since they don't market any of their products due to being cheap. They expect you meet monthly goals without breaking any sweat. Also, retail lending dept and operations consists of people who don't know what they're doing which make your job more frustrating.
good place to work
Bank Teller I (Former Employee) –  Guilderland, NYApril 4, 2018
when i worked there the first time i was luckey to have two managers i like. enjoyed working with the coworkers i had, learned a lot about the banking world
Pros
good hours
Cons
pay was not so good
Poor Management
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 23, 2018
The management was so poor, especially for the Part-Time workers. When I applied for the job I applied to be a PM Teller because I have school in the morning. But instead, I was always scheduled in the morning.
Pros
Nice Staff
Cons
Very old school and talkative
Bank teller (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 9, 2018
I love what I do as a teller but there is way too much drama at Trustco Bank. There is always someone out to get you. It is a good place to work, but just make sure you don't say too much. The job is challenging, but we still use sharp machines. Trustco is very behind on technology unlike any other bank. They also do not pay enough for what you have to deal with.
Do not even think about working here
Teller Supervisor (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsMarch 7, 2018
Basically worst company to work for ever. Higher up will tell you they care over and over to try to convince you of this fact because their actions speak loud and clear of the opposite! Am getting so fed up that as soon as another option is available I will be leaving!
Pros
Nothing!
Cons
Everything!
Low pay
HEAD TELLER (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYFebruary 28, 2018
They pay very low wages and are not very willing to give raises when it comes time for you to get a raise. They also love to to keep the branches understaffed so a typical work day is busy and stressful.
Just dont
Mortgage Originator Asst. Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Red Hook, NYFebruary 5, 2018
Its not even worth it, just pass and go somewhere else. They do not care about the people who work for them , their bottom line is making more money for the higher ups and that's it
Cons
Based on your own effort
Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Glenville, NYFebruary 4, 2018
More of a sales role than I realized. You have to pay your dues as the beginning and the pay is pretty low, along with their retention rate. The people you work work are very nice although not too much diversity in the upper management part of the bank.
Pros
Honest Living
Cons
Low pay
Poor management in administrative branch and outdated methods
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Ramsey, NJJanuary 29, 2018
Poor management in administrative branch and outdated banking methods and equipment. Lack of a good training program. Managers not properly compensated for their job duties.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
low pay, poor management