Trusted Health Plan Employee Reviews

No Thanks!!
Former Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 21, 2019
I decided to test the waters and leave federal employment for the private sector. It only took me less than eight (8) months to realize the grass was not greener at THP. I won't go into lengthy details out of respect for not the company but my reputation in my career field. But during my employment tenure, I witnessed everything management was not supposed to do, despite trying to implement policies and procedures to demonstrate all of the "right" things to do in the workplace. I wish the company the best of luck but THP left a nasty taste in my mouth for private sector employment. All I can say is if they are anything like they were in 2014, good luck!
management
Bilingual Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 11, 2019
At Trusted Health Plan it all about who you're closed with, but if they change their mind about not liking you anymore you will get fired on the spot.
Pros
pay, parties
Cons
poor management and the CEO doesn't know what he's doing
Very unprofessional work environment
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 19, 2018
This organization lacked professionalism in all aspects. The company lacks great Leadership and the ability to make their employees feel secure. THP has a very low employee retention rate because of job security.
Amazing
Chronic disease Care coordinator (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 2, 2018
I really enjoyed working at Trusted, it was a great work balance for me personally, I truly enjoyed my time at the company, learned a lot about public healthcare and learning regulations and things needed that come with working in a nonprofit
Pros
great working community
Cons
slow pace
Productive and best at interest if your in it to helping others
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCJune 21, 2018
Working for Trusted has been great for me, as long as you do your job accurately and on time you have no problems here. Working for THP helps you get to know the community you're serving and bond with those in the plan, not just members but co workers. Many changes have happen but its for a reason and that's to get better as a company. I have no issues with any of my coworkers, I get along with everyone and I also don't let anyone get under my skin as I see in the other reviews. If you want a job and want to work for a company that is professional Trusted Health Plan is the place for you. Being in the medical field is stressful enough as it is, we are all family here and we love helping and serving the Washington DC Community.
Pros
Professionalism at all times
Cons
Very relaxed and client centered...
Utilization Review Nurse (LPN) (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 7, 2018
Trusted Health Plan is a good place to work, I enjoyed my time there. The culture is very relaxed and client centered. Although there were long meetings that were repetitive the whole was for the good of the client. And in this regulatory day and age it is better to have to much information than not enough of the "right" information.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
A lot of long meetings
Excited to see this company grow!
Pharmacist Intern (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 7, 2018
Excited to see this company grow. Always looking for a new way to better serve members of their health plan. Excited to see this company grow. They are very dedicated.
learning environment
Prior Authorization Nurse (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 21, 2018
this was a job that I did not think would become a reality but it did, and I'm grateful, I have learned additional processed while working at this job,
Pros
pay is very good
Cons
too much back stabbing, management styles
Trusted Health Plans, Inc. is a great company
Marketing and communications specialist (Current Employee) –  Washington DCMarch 12, 2018
I have been working for Trusted Health Plan for a few months.
I would totally recommend it to others.
The company culture is open and supportive.
The CEO is brilliant and has developed a health plan that could solve the over utilization that occurs in the Medicaid system.
It's really exciting to be a part of his team.
Pros
great colleagues, great management
Cons
none thus far
Trusted rocks!!!
Associate (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCMarch 1, 2018
Trusted Health Plan ROCKS! I love this company! It’s truly a great place to work. This company makes every employee feel valued and we love it! One thing I love about this company is we don't shy away from feedback. The CEO and Leaders truly care about each employee and listen to what we all have to say. They don’t only listen, but they act – which makes this the best place to work for! We all work well together and the leaders are very supportive. We all trust each other and do a great job; which is why we have TRUST in our name. We all enjoy spending time together, even outside of work. We're not just team members — we're the TRUSTED family!
Pros
Great pay, benefits and work/life balance! Very supportive company!
Great organization to work for!
Associate (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCFebruary 28, 2018
Trusted Health Plan is a great company to work for! Everyone is extremely supportive and kind! It is also a place where upper management wants to see you succeed and do well!
Pros
Culture, people, mission and enviornment
Workplace Culture
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCJanuary 12, 2018
People enjoy what they do and they have fun! The company is changing and bringing new talent to the organization which is exciting to see. I love the diversity of the team. I work with people from different nationalities and we are all a big family.
Pros
Flexibility, Location, Good Salary, Competitive Benefits
Cons
Structure is in progress
Typical Day at THP
Utilization Reviewer (MCO) (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 1, 2017
Telephonic work for request of health services to ordering medical durable equipment. This company was interesting because it is an insurance. I learned what services can be rendered via patient's insurance benefit and/or services negotiate for the benefit option for our patients.
Pros
Company located downtown Washington DC. Metro subway across the street of this company.
Cons
No consistency of work needed to be done. Most times, one had to figure it out by themselves.
Younger Managers with lack of knowledge
Rather Not Say (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 14, 2017
Management is run by young employees who don't like working with older experienced employees. No structure, the place is always putting out fires. Not a good company.
Pros
The managers love to hang out, drink and party.
Cons
no structure, no job secuity
Poor Management/Leadership from the top down.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 24, 2017
Most employees have too many competing demands. Employees are overworked and underpaid. The company lacks effective communication across all platforms.
I would not recommend any one to work at Trusted Health Plan.
SENIOR PROVIDER RELATIONS NETWORK MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Washington, DC 20003September 15, 2017
A typical day at work can be very stressful there.

I did not learned any thing at Trusted.

Management is very cut-throat at Trusted.

Workplace culture is very poor. Culture is the character and personality of your company. It does not attract talent. Employees happiness is poor.

Leadership is very poor.
Poor leadership, bad managers, unprofessional work environment
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 12, 2017
The company pays well but the leadership is below average. The managers aren't good and don't really know their jobs. It's a very cut throat place with a lot of internal fighting. They overwork and under value the good employees. A lot of people quit - only the problem people stay long. No real rules or company policies.
Pros
Good pay for the industry
Cons
Poor leadership, poorly run, extremely unprofessional
Poor leaderships and do not know anything about running a HMO.
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MISeptember 2, 2017
Leadership has no respect for others. They're unprofessional and embarrassing in public situations. It's all about spending state money on themselves
Pros
Salary
Cons
Everything.
Horrible Place to work
Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New Jersey Avenue, Washington DCAugust 29, 2017
The only good thing about Trusted is that they pay well. That's it and All. Working there shows you that money is not everything. Several people walked away gladly and took a pay cut. Your overworked and burnt out after week 1. The mgmt team remind you of old bitter women who prefer the 60's over the 2,000's. They talk to you any type of way and insult you with no regards. HR is dumb as bricks and good as non existent. If your considering it DON'T. I'm still trying to RECLAIM MY TIME!
Pros
Money
Cons
Everything Else
Productive Workplace
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCJuly 24, 2017
Typical workday consist on back to back calls during the beginning of the week. Things tend to relax toward the end. Constant claims calls. At times can be a bit overwhelming due to the lack of time between calls.
Pros
Across from Metro
Cons
Very Short Breaks, No breaks sometimes, No Parking

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Trusted Health Plan. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8