Trustmark Employee Reviews

Quiet and Aging Workforce
Sr. IT Security Governance & Compliance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Lake Forest, ILJune 27, 2018
The company says all of the right things but doesn't follow up with actions. It is difficult to get dollars where activities are required, this comapny is penny wise and dollar foolish.
Hard Workers & Decisions by Consensus
Workday HCM/Payroll Implementation Project Mgr (Current Employee) –  Lake Forest, ILApril 24, 2018
The culture is to periodically require more than you can do in the time frame allotted. Also it is an environment of consensus decisions. Most of the people are good natured and hard workers
Pros
Nice cafe, good soups
Cons
Management didn't value their people
What to say!
Head Teller II (Former Employee) –  Southaven, MSApril 9, 2018
This company makes you feel like its about who you know in the company and not what you know. They say there is opportunity to grow but they tend to skip over you and hire outside of the company. The manager at one location makes you feel like she's out to get you, she makes you feel invaluable. She gets her way because she's been there a long time and she's very friendly with the higher ups. The job is not hard it's just the people they have in certain places, it's sad because a lot of really hard working people get overlooked for positions because they speak up when things are wrong.
Trustmark
IT Manager (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, ILMarch 3, 2018
No advancement, management is arrogant. The CEO is unclear of his direction. They hire a ton of consultants to help them run this business. They don't look at internal employees for growth and development.
Pros
1/2 day Fridays
Cons
Everything else
Unorganized
Estimator (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILJanuary 13, 2018
They just didn’t have it together yet. The company was still a starter company and was poorly managed. You can only end up doing so much to help out. I used my own money to finance certain materials and even though I was compensated for that, it didn’t feel right. It was a great learning experience to say the least.
IT department is not a great place to work
IT User Support Analyst I (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSNovember 25, 2017
No proper training by the department's manager. Plus,due to the work environment, the IT department is not a great place to work with the 100x thc common office lighting and the 1mill x the normal work environment noise in an office environment. This just made my migraines much worse.
Pros
The good people that you meet.
Cons
lack of training, ultra bright lights and high noise
Friendly atmosphere with on-sight work out facility
Senior Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, ILOctober 29, 2017
The people that you work with are friendly and helpful. Management knows you by your first name, and interacts freely with you. My direct manager cultivates my career by allowing me to work at my own pace, allowing me to seek out and resolve my own accounts issues/conflicts, and coaches me to the best of her abilities.
Pros
4 1/2 day work week, on-sight cafeteria, on-sight workout facilities, easy access from interstate.
Cons
Not many for me
productive and enjoyable
Senior Premium Reconciliation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, ILOctober 25, 2017
laid back, if you show up for work and do your job accordingly, your good to go. some departments have micro managing which is not a good thing but all in all i found it a great place to work for and enjoyed going to my job every day.
Pros
cafeteria on site, 1/2 day work days every friday all year long, flex hours
Cons
no breaks which is not a big deal at all
Lunch and short Fridays a plus
Senior Accountant - contract (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, ILAugust 23, 2017
Best thing was the food and short days on Fridays. Managers were friendly enough and were accessible and easy to talk to them. Cubicles were tight, most people seemed to work well together.
Overall
COMMERCIAL TELLER (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSAugust 13, 2017
It was a great experience to count and be held accountable for the way money works in the world. The hardest part was keeping all funds correct. The enjoyable part was being able to go to work.
Awful culture
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, ILJune 28, 2016
It's difficult to advance your career at Trustmark. Managers promote their friends regardless of managerial skills. Training is non-existent and leaders don't set goals or expectations; it's sink or swim there and that causes a lot of turnover.

People talk about a 37.5 hour workweek, or half-day Fridays, but in my department you could only leave at 12:30 on Fridays if you had already put in 40 hours of work that week.

Pay is below market rate and instead of giving raises they give titles, or a parking space, or "jeans days" where you don't have to wear business dress.
Its like a factory
Premium Reconciliation Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Mequon, WIJune 14, 2016
Pay is decent, work is fine. The management structure is that of a high school. If your not a "cool kid" you don"t fit in.
other departments seemed much nicer
Jr Security Administrator (Current Employee) –  Lake Forest, ILApril 2, 2016
the security department was not a fun place to work in, boss was super paranoid and very difficult to get along with. the other departments seemed to be a lot nicer and easier to get along with.
my boss would watch someone fumble with something and I would go to tell them how to do it and she would say no, I like watching them fumble...but she would ask me how to do things on a conf call after she put the phone on mute...
Pros
cheap lunches
Cons
crazy boss
Good Company
AVP/Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Magee, MSMarch 28, 2016
I worked in a broad range of positions as I climbed the corporate ladder. I gained a wealth of knowledge working there. I enjoyed working with the employees and the customers. I thoroughly loved my job. I worked in a branch where the corporate office rarely recognized the hard work of its smaller branch staff, Therefore advancement was limited. That's why I decided to go back to college and complete my degree.
Over 8+ years of IT work experience as SAP functional consultant in FI/CO. Extensive experience in design, configuration, testing, and documentation
SAP FI/CO Functional Consultant (Current Employee) –  Lake Forest, ILJuly 15, 2015
Knowledgeable in general business process on other core modules like SD, HR, MM, LE, PP & PM. Efficient in configurations, customization and integration of financial modules with other core modules,
Experienced with GL, AR & AP modules (payment management and cash application), Bank Accounting - lockbox and electronic bank statement, Settlement processes and financial reporting, Profit Center Accounting, Cost Center Accounting, Contribution Margin Accounting, Product Cost Calculation & Internal Orders.
Implemented solutions for analysis, forecasting, budgeting, and long range planning of all allocated expenses,
In depth understanding of the configuration, business processes and issues involving US GAAP, IFRS,
Tested, trained and supported business solutions under multiple deadlines,
Experienced in understanding of “As Is” Business processes, Blue Printing, Realization, Configuration, Unit Testing, Integration Testing, and User Acceptance Testing,
Knowledge and hands-on exposure on upgrades, Enhancement and Migration.
Pros
• Knowledgeable in general business process on other core modules like SD, Hr, Mm, Le, PP & PM. Efficient in configurations, customization and integration of financial modules with other core modules. • Experienced with GL, AR & AP modules (payment management and cash application), Bank Accounting - lockbox and electronic bank statement, Settlement processes and financial reporting, Profit Center Accounting
Cons
different culture than acustom to
FACILITIES MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Selma, ALFebruary 25, 2015
trustmark is a large banking corporate based in jackson Mississippi.many changes in the last year because of the merger
Pros
many resources
Cons
hard to get decisions made
This company is horrible
finance (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, ILFebruary 24, 2015
Horrible place to work. Management is sneaky. They will lie about advacment opportunities to overwork you until they find someone else.
Pros
37.50 hour work week
Cons
horrible medical, dental and vision insurance
Unprofessional work environment
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mequon, WIFebruary 18, 2015
I worked with Trustmark for a short period of time, and it was a struggle. Communication lacked GREATLY, none of the managers seemed to know what was going on in the workplace. Management was just horrible, I would finish my daily work and told I would have new projects that were never given to me. I waited for a week for an indexing license that never came.

The billing system is super unorganized and just difficult to work with.
I am glad I no longer work with this company. Its frustrating going into a job where there is no work to be done.
teller (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MSJanuary 6, 2015
When I worked at trustmark they did take care of your financially and healthcare wise,,, the management had issues going on behind closed doors that made it very difficult to truly trust your superiors
Excellent Company
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 22, 2014
I enjoyed working for the corporate office in Vernon Hills IL. The company definitely promotes from within and everyone is very helpful.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Trustmark. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

4.1Personal Development

4.0Career Opportunities

3.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight