Trustmark

Working at Trustmark: 27 Reviews

United States27 reviews

companyjobgreatmanagementenjoypaypeopletime

An okay entry level job

Trustmark is a good entry level job for someone new to banking. It has its good and bad days as every other job. Just wish one day they will actually value their employees and pay them what they’re worth. It will probably stop employees from leaving the company going to competitors…

Pros

Great people

Cons

Pay, Short-staffed

Appropriately productive place.

A Company that is good to the employees. The employees are not overworked. Employees are well paid. Good to customers. Going back into the office is a hard adjustment. Leadership could consider monthly meeting instead of a hybrid situation.

Trustmark insights

Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Trust in colleagues

I currently work here and would 10/10 NOT RECOMMEND this job.

I came into this job so energized and eager to learn, however that QUICKLY changed. The coworkers and so called “supervisors” are nothing but trouble and gossip. No one come to work to actually work. There’s favoritism, and be prepared to get picked on by the older staff if you’re young. ZERO room for advancement, and the training process is SEVERELY slow. The turnover rate is high for the mortgage department, as people are leaving every other month. This place can’t even keep the temp staff members!

Pros

Honestly none

Cons

Low pay, gossip/drama. Managers don’t want to help.

Terrible

Very stiff environment. I wouldn't recommend my enemy to work there. Bad attitudes. No work-life balance. Competitiveness encouraged to where all relationships are questionable.

Pros

Pay and convenience

Cons

Everything else

Total joke

No place for advancement. Horrible sense of morale. Owners constantly berated employees. Kind of like a prison. Huge employee turnover. Not very friendly.

Great learning environment

Learned a lot about wealth management as well how to multi-task, which I did a lot. Overall great company environment as a whole. My department at the time was downsizing so I had to look for another job.

Great work life balance

Management is very nice and helpful. Very understanding of having a life outside of work. Could pay their employees a lot more for the work that they do on a daily basis. Better raises and bonuses are needed.

Cons

HDHP plans, low salary.

Fine Environment

Coworkers are great and very helpful. Clear communication. environment is friendly. Cafeteria is nice, inexpensive and has a variety of a selection.

Culture depends allot on your location. Overall the company provides open book management and shares with employees opperational details.

Very committed and approachable senior management who take the time to visit the various operational locations. Culture and opportunity to advance depends allot on the specific operational location. Opportunities for additional education and professional growth are very business unit specific.

The environment is not a company for their employees

One of the worst companies I have worked for . The management are a click if your not in them , they really make coming into work very difficult. Employees have no say so so. They treat employee like your below them in human.

Very little stress, job was enjoyable and I could work with little to no supervision which I liked

A typical day at work was pretty relaxed and enjoyable, I learned a lot from my more experienced co-workers, management was ok, not much supervision and not very knowledgeable so you had to rely on your more experienced co-workers, the hardest part of the job... there was none to be honest, the most enjoyable part was half day Fridays and close relationship with co-workers

It's stressful.

The phrase, "The customer is always right" is gospel. You are wrong and scolded even when following proper procedure. The customer need only to make a call for any perceived infraction and you are in trouble. However most of your grief or enjoyment will come from whatever your managers may be. By their will you will have a bad or good time. Career advancement exists but there is a layer of prejudice and they want to keep you in the lowest position they can manage. My advice would be to study the procedures, memorize them, and stick to them like glue no matter what.

Okay

Great training program for those wanting to learn about financial services industry. Travel and hotel all paid for and meeting new people are great for lasting friendships.

Cons

Pay

Trustmark is a fine company to work. I was able to grow within the Trustmark family. the culture is for growth and movement within the company. I truly enjoyed my experience at Trustmark.

Productive work environment

I enjoyed the work and people. The people had to work together to get the work done. The work night was long after a holiday but fun. The hardest part of the job was long hours due to inclement weather.

What to say!

This company makes you feel like its about who you know in the company and not what you know. They say there is opportunity to grow but they tend to skip over you and hire outside of the company. The manager at one location makes you feel like she's out to get you, she makes you feel invaluable. She gets her way because she's been there a long time and she's very friendly with the higher ups. The job is not hard it's just the people they have in certain places, it's sad because a lot of really hard working people get overlooked for positions because they speak up when things are wrong.

IT department is not a great place to work

No proper training by the department's manager. Plus,due to the work environment, the IT department is not a great place to work with the 100x thc common office lighting and the 1mill x the normal work environment noise in an office environment. This just made my migraines much worse.

Pros

The good people that you meet.

Cons

lack of training, ultra bright lights and high noise

Overall

It was a great experience to count and be held accountable for the way money works in the world. The hardest part was keeping all funds correct. The enjoyable part was being able to go to work.

i really enjoyed to work here london

i rally loves to work here in london but london little more expansive city in the england i like mamagment the most enjoyable part of the job

Pros

free lnch

Its like a factory

Pay is decent, work is fine. The management structure is that of a high school. If your not a "cool kid" you don"t fit in.

Good Company

I worked in a broad range of positions as I climbed the corporate ladder. I gained a wealth of knowledge working there. I enjoyed working with the employees and the customers. I thoroughly loved my job. I worked in a branch where the corporate office rarely recognized the hard work of its smaller branch staff, Therefore advancement was limited. That's why I decided to go back to college and complete my degree.

Common questions about Trustmark

Answered by current and former employees at Trustmark

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Trustmark. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

2.3
InHerSight Score
2.3Personal Development
2.6Career Opportunities
1.4Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare Trustmark with

Trustmark reviews by popular job title

• Trustmark