TruTeam Employee Reviews

Great management
Order Processor (Former Employee) –  Poway, CAMay 22, 2019
Felt underpaid for the amount of work to be completed as well as your coworkers weren't all so pleasant to be around. The production team is extremely rude.
Pros
Great management
Cons
8+ months before getting insurance, low pay
miserable
Spray Foam Installer (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CAMay 20, 2019
long days, none of the management knew what they were doing. There would be a new manager each year and i was there for 6 years. Every staff member was unappreciated.
Pros
company trucks, paid drive time
Cons
long days, short break, non appreciated
Good place to work if you wanna work
Full-time installer (Former Employee) –  NHMay 13, 2019
Good place but sometimes very demanding.
Some management people don't listen to your needs or issues you bounce into.
Sometimes the prefer to keep one rotten apple than listen to the people who really care about the job, company and customers.
After couple months complaining and complaints from customers, I gave up.
I still miss the "good guys"
Pros
Work
Cons
Some management
Awesome
Insulation Installer (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAMarch 11, 2019
Good people, you learn a lot and management takes care of you when you need it. Also they offer many benefits and will work with you on your sceduale if needed.
average job
Insulation Installer (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 26, 2019
We would show up to the shop. make sure we had our equipment and ppe. we used the company trucks to get to our destinations and get the job done. After we would clean up and drive back to the shop, then go home.
Pros
paid for drive time
Cons
always itchy from insulation
Disorganized
Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLFebruary 25, 2019
No training, no structure. You have to figure out how to do everything on your own. Nothing is centralized or consistent. Management will throw you under the bus when confronted with the results of their own lack of organization. Most employees are unhappy and/or indifferent.
Pros
Some management open to working remotely
Cons
No loyalty to employees, low salary
Busy Busy Busy
Installer/Technician (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLFebruary 8, 2019
Lots of work to do. Have to work hard but can get paid if you do. Bit of confusion from time to time but guy good to work with. Overall good place to work.
Pros
Lots of work
After training leave
Installer (Current Employee) –  ColoradoJanuary 8, 2019
Piece rate/ weekly. Good jobs are far and few between so other installers are quick to talk bad about you, in the hopes they will get the better jobs. Management will blame you first before they even start to look into what really went wrong.
Pros
Almost impossuble to get fired
Cons
Work, pay
Its a job
Insulation Installer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 30, 2018
Management constantly blaming you for something you didn't even do or care to ride out to the job site and see it for themselves. Trucks not maintained, constantly breaking down so you have to take the day off. Which I might add means you don't get paid!! Dissatisfied workers, worse turnover rate than McDonald's. When you take a day off for any reason or because you can't get to work the management decides to "punish you" and tell you there is no work for two days meanwhile you go to the shop and all the trucks are gone. Imcompetent place to work and would keep looking for another company. REAL TALK
Benefits
Cons
Management & Money Issues on jobs
Consistent and overall great learning experience
Gutter Installer (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CANovember 19, 2018
I started at truteam with no experience with gutter installation, but with helpful con workers to guide me through I picked up the trait pretty quickly. My co workers made work go by fast and efficient, we accomplished a lot
Pros
Great co workers
It’s a mess
Operations Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 12, 2018
I was hired on told I’d be overseeing one division and before I knew it my first day I hit the ground running trying to handle 3 divisions not to mention a failing division that Pushed on my plate that is a complete disaster and still is to this day. Estimators expect you to fix everything for them. I was given the job of 3 people and when I finally barely squeezed in a rhythm to finish my work in a day someone in another division quit and I was given their job as well and was made to struggle all over again with a 4th persons job... If you have somewhat of a brain you WILL be expected to do more than you signed up for without any compensation this doesn’t just apply to me, I watch this happen to the person I work next to. It is NOT worth the stress. You’re expected to put this job first always.
Cons
High stress and chaos daily. No appreciation.
Good job, til they decided to close the Odessa branch.
Production Manager (Current Employee) –  InstallerOctober 8, 2018
Work was consistent. Always had plenty to do and that needed to be done within the week, not enough employees for the work load however. El Paso management decided to close the Odessa branch, and run it out of el Paso.
Pros
Make your hrs.
Cons
Not enough pay. Not enough employees. No fort lift. Or proper equipment for jobs.
bad leadership
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Santa Maria, CASeptember 26, 2018
no managers on site to oversee employees. Morale was not good throughout the sales team. Leads were all done by sales people. All cold calls. Favoritism is a critical problem
Cut Throat and disjointed corporate management
Operations Manager Truteam Builder Services (Current Employee) –  OregonSeptember 19, 2018
This place will eat you alive in management. They will continually ask for more. You want to take a vacation you better bring your work phone or you will hear about it. You get tons of PTO but don't ever have time to use it so it just goes away at the end of the year. Go work somewhere else unless you like working long hours, constantly stressed, catering to every GC and their demands without having any authority to push back, and being asked to work every Saturday.
Be Cautious
Employee (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 9, 2018
One can make a good living with this company as long as you stay on the good side of upper management. This company places people in management positions that have no experience nor knowledge of the industry/marketplace. They also do not make the best decisions for the location. They show very little appreciation for the work that you do.
Pros
Potential To Make Good Money
Cons
Horrible management
Laborer/Operator (Former Employee) –  Spring Hill, FLAugust 30, 2018
Keeps you working. Makes you keep up with everything and keeps you busier than with most other jobs. They have more than enough jobs to keep you busy.
It was a good work place and you gain a lot of experience.
Installer (Former Employee) –  Santa Maria, CA 93458August 25, 2018
A typical day would be entry at 6:30, Get trucks ready for the work day, and by 7 we would be on our way to the work sites where would usually last about ten or eleven hours depending on the work and if its complicated.
Pros
Lots of benefits
Cons
Lots of hours
Installer luncheons
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLJuly 31, 2018
This is based on one branch of a large company, I am certain that not many operate this way.

There is a revolving door policy for sales consultants here. The management and production teams find ways to shift job production issues back onto the consultant.

I enjoyed winning new business, loosing them was the hardest
not worth the stress
laborer (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 31, 2018
this company is the worst place i have ever worked. they wont you to work 12+ hours a day for six days a week and not pay accordingly. they will send you out to do jobs that are not ready or they are already done.
Work more and MAYBE you'll get paid more
Installer/Technician (Former Employee) –  Yorkville, ILJuly 29, 2018
Unfortunately for veterans (20+ yrs) you'll be kicked to the curb. Company here reduced pay and as a result quality went down. Now, their month end numbers might of looked good but when you have constant complaints and repairs to do it comes back to bite them with lost business. Piece rate is 'floating', meaning they will pay you what they want, and good luck getting that back pay, lol. Field employees are never advanced, unless you get hurt and threaten corporate. Pretty much lied to when you're hired, so spare yourself the trouble-find a different trade!
Pros
really none
Cons
worked to death then pooped on

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TruTeam. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

1.7Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight