TruTeam Employee Reviews

Installer luncheons
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLJuly 31, 2018
This is based on one branch of a large company, I am certain that not many operate this way.

There is a revolving door policy for sales consultants here. The management and production teams find ways to shift job production issues back onto the consultant.

I enjoyed winning new business, loosing them was the hardest
not worth the stress
laborer (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 31, 2018
this company is the worst place i have ever worked. they wont you to work 12+ hours a day for six days a week and not pay accordingly. they will send you out to do jobs that are not ready or they are already done.
Work more and MAYBE you'll get paid more
Installer/Technician (Former Employee) –  Yorkville, ILJuly 29, 2018
Unfortunately for veterans (20+ yrs) you'll be kicked to the curb. Company here reduced pay and as a result quality went down. Now, their month end numbers might of looked good but when you have constant complaints and repairs to do it comes back to bite them with lost business. Piece rate is 'floating', meaning they will pay you what they want, and good luck getting that back pay, lol. Field employees are never advanced, unless you get hurt and threaten corporate. Pretty much lied to when you're hired, so spare yourself the trouble-find a different trade!
Pros
really none
Cons
worked to death then pooped on
Great place to work for people who WANT to work
Accounts Receivable (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXJune 30, 2018
This is one of the best companies I have ever worked for. Everyone has a role and depends on each other to get their job done. If you want to be part of a real team then you would love this company. If you expect to show up and just get a paycheck then you will never last. This is a company for professional people that take initiative, no slackers.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Stay away and look elsewhere!
Insulation Estimator and Project Sales (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CAJune 7, 2018
This company is ran by a joke. As an outside salesman they will give you a non recoverable draw that means you will have 70K to start and than after 6 months you will be expected to hunt and pay your own wages. You will be cut down to 35K a year base and out of that is medical. They only pay commissions on the 15th and you get nothing on the 30th! Management and sr management is horrible!
Pros
A Paycheck
Cons
Bad really bad leadership and you will not get any training! Horrible!
Excellent company with continuous expansion for future growth
Sales Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Western USMay 10, 2018
Training and communication with my regions sales management. Phone calls, emails and follow-ups with division managers and sales on a daily, weekly and monthly basis. Tracking monthly sales goals and supporting the needs to obtain each individuals goal. Being on weekly regional leader calls for '3' regions and adding feedback and positive support. How to identify individual needs, provide support to be more successful and coach with positive feedback. Culture of work hard, keep everyone safe and enjoy what you do. constantly working on simplification and education for every position.
Hardest part of job is wanting to be in every division with our sales force every day, but due to cell phones and computer communication it works well.
I enjoy every aspect of my job. working with regional leaders and branch leaders to our sales force, being safe and winning everyday. Having continuous communication with our teams and learning from them everyday in a Unique, challenging and rewarding career.
Pros
fair wage, great benefits and excellent management
Cons
I have none
For good work culture and team work
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  FloridaMay 10, 2018
Good place to work. Everyone works together as a team to accomplish short term and long term goals. Very fast paced and busy everyday. Never a dull moment.
Great Opportunity
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  AnonymousMay 9, 2018
This growing company offers a lot of different opportunities. There is never a shortage of work to be done so everyday feels like I've accomplished something!
Pros
Hard-working people
No Advancement.
Insulator Apprentice (Current Employee) –  FLMay 6, 2018
Changes in management with no knowledge of this type of work is the downfall of this company... money can be made with LOTS of overtime.
The ones with weakest (work ethic), the rearend kissers get advancement, not the people with longevity and knowledge
Pros
work at your own pace
Cons
piece rate very low..
Poor professional atmosphere, corporate office fails
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  ConnecticutApril 15, 2018
Was hired on with a great list of promises. 2nd week Manager quit, two months latter corporate fired all regional managers and sales managers. That action left no support and poor training effort. All branch’s are in competition with each other with no protective boundaries. One for all and all for one mentality.
Pros
Cons
Too many to mention
Poor management. Caustic environment. Constant staff changes. No gameplan for the future
Sales / Operations (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CAMarch 23, 2018
If you can get any job, anywhere else, I'd take it. If not take this one then find another one because either you or them will decide to part ways. Longest tenured employee is 2 years.
Pros
If you breath, theyll hire you
Cons
Everything about the company. Exceptionally poor management.
Good place to work for the ambitious
Installer (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAMarch 20, 2018
Great place for the motivated worker. You make your own paycheck as it is piece rate. Lots of good health and retirement benefits. But also extra benefits such as a cheaper rate on certain new car purchases and lower rates on gym memberships
Pros
Piece rate pay
Cons
Good social game equals good jobs.
Salary not commensurate with work expected
AR Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TxJanuary 30, 2018
After working for this company for over 10 years, my pay rate only increased $4. Several lateral moves were made but no advancement was ever available. The benefits were good but coworkers made my experience working there miserable. You have to want to go to work everyday and working there I just didn't look forward to it because of the coworkers. Everyday there would be something wrong at the office. Management only cares about the bottom line not how much an employee has to work to make the numbers. I do not recommend any one work here if you want advancement or decent pay.
Pros
Paid time off, good medical insurance
Cons
No advancement, no pay increases
Never again
Warehouse Lead (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJanuary 29, 2018
Where do I start?

• Management is comprised of converted construction workers or salespeople, who have no formal training managing human resources, projects, warehouse operations, logistics, hiring practices, training programs, scheduling, fleet preventative maintenance, etc.

• Waste and inefficiencies are rampant, which contributes to frustration, resentment and lost revenue.

• Union shop, which DOES NOT pay union scale in wages, across all departments.

• Management lacks integrity. The most unprofessional organization I’ve ever been a part of.

• Dysfunctional corporate cultural, which breeds ill-will, and tolerates unprofessional behavior.

• Managerial positions are severely overworked and underpaid for the position.

• A confusing conglomerate of companies, which all “Do business as” different names, eg; Gale Building Products, Sacramento Insulation, Coast Insulation, Service partners, TruTeam, TopBuild etc, etc.

• Had to work with three felons, two fresh out of state prison. Wasn’t fun wondering if I was going to be shanked by a nut case? That was a first.

I could continue … bottom line STAY AWAY. There are a lot of great places to work, this is not one of them.
Pros
Cant think of one
Cons
See review
Very stressful place to work
Installer/Technician (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJanuary 12, 2018
Been here 6+years. Never received a raise. To make more you have to work more. Some new people make more than long time veterans. Customers never get confirmation as to when we’re showing up. Health insurance isn’t the greatest. Lots of unfairness and favoritism. Recently stopped being a e-verify company.
Pros
Flexible time off
Cons
Healthcare, can’t keep you busy at times, lots of driving, no raises
Average if your happy just to have a job but not a career.
driver (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALNovember 27, 2017
No room for advancement, vehicles were out dated needed a lot of maintenance. Didn’t care about employees at all just treated them like robots. I wouldn’t recommend any I know to work at Tru Team in Dothan Al
Not paid enough
Billing Specialist/Work Order Support (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CANovember 15, 2017
A normal day at the job could range from stressful to very rewarding. Always deadlines to meet and really enjoyed the work that we did for people who were less fortunate.
Relaxed office environment with no accountability
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT ORDER MANAGEMENT (Current Employee) –  Winter Park, FLNovember 7, 2017
I learned a lot with this job, but it doesn't pay well and I feel like the company suffers because of it. Too many people do very little work or poor quality work, which leads to those workers who excel at their job to feel like they're taking the brunt of the work load. You just can't keep good people that way.
Unrealistic
Commercial Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 10, 2017
Hired me to do commercial sales. They were not committed to completing jobs, thus I never made any viable commissions. Lacked solid leadership at the local area.
Pros
Good working place great people
Account Mgr Dade County Fla (Former Employee) –  Miami Lakes, FLAugust 14, 2017
In general a good place to work, Great hours. just didn't like working for a certain assist regional Manager. If He wouldn't be there I would still be there and very happy. love my Job of dealing with potential customers and selling them insulation & Gutters for their projects..
Pros
Great co-works and flexable hours
Cons
Manangement is very unfair..

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TruTeam. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

1.7Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight