Try Hours Inc. Employee Reviews

2.8
Ratings breakdown
They are patient and really good to work for.
cargo van driver (Former Employee) –  Maumee, OHJune 20, 2017
I drive a 2.5 ton cargo van and I have hauled plastic and metal car parts, lights, motors, a type of energy source, and an energy monitor. I drove safely and got to my destination on a timely manner. The hardest part of the job would be staying away from home at least two weeks at a time or even dealing with traffic. I was able to see different scenery and explore on my down time.
Pros
see different scenery and explore
Cons
away from home for two weeks at a time and not knowing when the next load would be
Place full of favoritism, lies, and job INsecurity
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Maumee, OHMay 24, 2013
I worked there over a year, and was all of a sudden told not to come to work until further notice due to "no work". About a week later, they told me not to come in at all anymore, that they were laying me off. They never called back. I worked third shift by myself. I felt that was a dangerous job for a woman seeing as how truck drivers would come to the office at all hours of the night and want to be let in the building for some reason or another. I was scared whenever those situations occurred. The pay was nice and the benefits were good. Those are the only things I would say were good about working there. I felt that I was not part of the company because of the shift I worked. The whole first shift team was "buddy buddy" but the people who worked the other shifts were never included, at least, that is how I and the second shift person felt. I felt there was some other reason I was being "fired" and they should have been honest with me and told me what it was. Since then, I have lost other job opportunities due to bad references from the supervisor there. I also feel that is unfair. I never did anything wrong there and I still find it hard to get another job.
Pros
pay, benefits
Cons
weak management, favoritism, lies to employees and truck drivers, poor behavior toward people who no longer work there
Everybody I met is very friendly
Expediter (Former Employee) –  Maumee, OHNovember 6, 2012
I think the company is overall generous when it came to personalities. Some things can be improved on better as a company when it comes to communication. Otherwise it's a good company.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
unfair rules
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Maumee, OHSeptember 25, 2012
All this company cares about is themselves.Myself and other drivers would travel 50-150 miles to p/u freight and not get paid for.After p/u and delivering the load,you would set for 24-48 hours before the next load. Being gone from home for days and not making any money is the reason for leaving.
Cons
no benefits
family business where family members do not get along with one another. good pay
Self - employed driver (Former Employee) –  Maumee, OHJuly 25, 2012
had to be out for 2 to 4 weeks away from home in order to make a decent paycheck. i learned that working local would be better then being gone for a long period of time. The most enjoyable part of the job was to travelling and seeing beautiful countrysides.
Pros
great pay
Cons
gone for long periods away from home