TSI - Transworld System, Inc Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Challenging Company
End User Support Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Norcross GAJuly 12, 2018
After several acquisitions, TSI was formed. The company was derived from NCO\EGS TSI became the name holder for NCO. I was with the company for 18 years and after this move I quickly found other employment. The other two company names struggled for years..
Pros
Longevity with a company
Cons
The company treated it's employees poorly
Great
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHJuly 6, 2018
I loved working for the company! Management is great . Compliance is reasonable. Coworkers are great . All around fun and enjoyable place to work!!!!!
It was a collection agency
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Valley View, OHJuly 2, 2018
It was like most collection agencies. Coworkers were expected to meet goals monthly and the clerical staff is stuck cleaning up most o f the errors or incorrectly posted payments.
Sweatshop
Debt Collector (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WAJuly 2, 2018
Backstabbing staff, managers unprofessional in that they micromanage, inflexible culture. discrimination against others rampant and tolerated by management, impossible bonus goals, employees fired for little or no reason, mandatory overtime, no advancement or lateral transfer to another position.
Pros
Cons
They are many.
Great commission chances
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJune 29, 2018
Overall good company to work for, and a lot of chances to make extra money in commission. The commission base has a 3 tier system that allows everyone to be able to make extra money.
Pros
Pot lucks, incentives, and contests
Cons
n/a
Great for entry level Collections work
Collector (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WAJune 28, 2018
I loved working for Transworld Systems. My management was competent and supportive, my work/life balance was respected, and my co-workers were my team.
Pros
set schedule
Cons
Health Care Bad Debt can be intense to work in
fats paced, competitive,
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 19, 2018
a day at tsi was always busy and fast paced and we were paid commission for getting sales as well as an hourly pay so it was fun and always something different when we came in for work.
Very unprofessional and stifling
Customer Service Collector (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYJune 12, 2018
There is no opportunity for advancement, the only pay increases are commission, the base salary is very low, and the atmosphere is very unprofessional. It's a good job if you need to build your resume, otherwise avoid it if you can.
it's collections
Recovery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Getzville, NYJune 8, 2018
"you can get paid as much as you want"

generally i saw people get hired around $10/hr here. i was paid more hourly due to contract. they lost that contract, and then i was paid less. i hit bonus once or twice and then was let go less than 3 months later. i don't recommend working in collections, switch careers or go back to school.
Pros
sometimes hit bonus if you get lucky
Cons
everything else
Job
Collector (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHMay 16, 2018
I have no complaints about this job. I enjoyed this job. Staff cared about employees and wanted to make sure you were ready to work. This is a collection agency.
Pros
Managers, breaks, hours, food truck
Cons
Department, Training
Fast-paced, great continuous training
Debt Collector (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILMay 15, 2018
Auto-dialer and call transfers from over seas (because collections companies are not allowed to have auto-dialers for cell phones, they hired an overseas team to verify and transfer calls). Pay was okay, but you really had to work hard. Training, however, was great. I sat down with my supervisor about once every other week and reviewed calls, went over strategies, KPI, etc. If you are open to suggestions, their training was excellent. They also had "in call" training, where remote supervisors would listen in on a call, then afterwards, let you know how they think it went (once or twice a week).
The worst part was the hours, a couple nights a week and Saturdays were mandatory. They even went to mandatory Sundays toards the end, but due to the Sabbath, I was able to be exempt, but I specifically had to bring up the fact that it was illegal to make me work on the Sabbath.
Pros
Always talking to someone, so a lot of opportunity to make money. Great training.
Cons
Horrible schedules, switched to a work at home environment, commission could be better for how stressful it is.
Great group of people to work with
Insurance Biller/Collector (Former Employee) –  Mishawaka, INMay 6, 2018
Very busy place to work at. Had to answer a lot of phone calls from consumers. Management is great to work for. Hardest part was trying to collect from consumers
Friendly and family oriented workplace that was productive
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Valley View, OHMay 1, 2018
I was responsible for answering inbound calls and making outbound calls and helping with resolving unpaid accounts by making payment arrangements that helped debtors. I increased and learned new negotiation skills. I managed accounts and called specific accounts when needed. The workplace was friendly and family oriented. The job didn't seem very difficult or hard and the most enjoyable part of the job were the other employees.
Pros
Easy going / Relaxed
Cons
Competitive
The Worst
GA Student Loans (Current Employee) –  Dublin, OHApril 25, 2018
This company is the worst collection agency I have ever worked for. You can face disciplinary action simply for having a pen or pencil on your desk. Maybe they shouldnt hire people they don't trust not to write down client account or payment information.
Collector (Current Employee) –  Dublin, OHApril 24, 2018
A typical day consists of being on the telephone with people and trying your best to give them good service. It is mostly up to them if they want to pay their overdue bills. It is a good place to be if you need to learn to stick up for yourself and to develop more of yourself. The people there are very nice.
Cons
short breaks
Unreasonable Expectations with no Explations
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WAApril 8, 2018
Busy fast past competitive environment. Some fun games and great co workers. Horrible management and higher ups who take at least part if not your whole bonus each month even when hitting “goal”. Compliance points for stupid trivial things that should be learning opportunities not firing opportunities. Consistently inconsistent. Let good hard working people go regardless of the money they bring in and their perfect attendance due to the littlest complaints consumers have with no real basis. Not ones worth losing your job over a least. Good learning experience, amazing co workers, but horrible management who only care about money and not their employees which is why the turnover rate is so high and there is a constant revolving door.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Late nights, management, bonus structure and compliance points
Great teamwork
Collector (Current Employee) –  Valleyview, OHApril 4, 2018
I had and amazing time working here, to baa they closed the office in valley view. I would like to work here for a longer time. Great supervisor. Going to missed the bonus.
Stressful area. not room for advancement
Collections Agent (Former Employee) –  Valley View, OHApril 2, 2018
This company was a collections. On a typical day I would receive and make around 400 calls. The management there was very off in the distant. My lead was not interested in helping but more so on her cell phone. Basically it was sink or swim and you had to figure things out with no guidance. I had to meet a goal each month that was pretty much unreachable due to the rate if each collection being so low.
Pros
weekends off
Cons
no leadership, hostile work place.
Commission Sales Work
Revenue Cycle Consultant - Independent Contract (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAMarch 26, 2018
Must be able to work a considerable period of time in order to reach a position of supporting oneself. Office meeting once a week. After that you work the phones or make onsite sales.
Pros
Self directed
Cons
commission
This was a new experience and love the job.
ACCOUNT RESOLUTION SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 26, 2018
This was a new experience as collector. I learned how to deal with different clients. Such as medical and government clients. The management was wonderful to work with it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TSI - Transworld System, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.3InHerSight Score

1.3Personal Development

1.2Career Opportunities

1.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight