TSI Employee Reviews

Fun Place to Work with But no Career Path Planning
Manager (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXAugust 28, 2018
Despite its continuous expansion, its structure is still pretty much run like a family corporation. There is not much room for growth and there is no formal or professional Human Resources Professionals assisting in performance metrics and career path planning. No clear job descriptions and KRA's defined. Culture is very warm and professional with the exception of one or 2 senior managers.
Pros
Paid Time Off, Flexible Schedules, Work from Home Option
Cons
You can be laid off without any warning. No reasons given on performance.
Buen ambiente de trabajo, y trabajo en equipo
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXAugust 27, 2018
El trabajo puede ser pesado o sencillo, depende del día. Los compañeros ayudan a enseñar comi se deben hacer las cosas. Tienen un buen ambiente laboral.
Started Well Enough but fell apart
Senior Technician (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 24, 2018
I began work at TSI with a great manager, an excellent work environment, and a positive company outlook for long term career placement, but unfortunately, he parted ways with the company. The subsequent management and treatment of employees was a great deal less than desirable. TSI went from a growing company of 10 employees with an increasing market share of business in the Kansas City area to a downsized tax write off of just 4.
Pros
pay, work
Cons
Company changed direction and fell apart
Team is Excellent. Management needs work.
Director of Engineering & Support (Former Employee) –  Dumfries, VAAugust 10, 2018
I've had the pleasure of building a great team. I would have stayed had it not been for the lack of financial planning on the CEO's part. I recommend if you do apply, keep in mind that money will always be a topic of conversation.
Pros
Great Team To Work With
Cons
Financially Unstable. Lack of Long-Term Plans
over worked under paided
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Mitchell, INAugust 9, 2018
Severely under staffed and had no support from upper management. caregiver more like underpaid CNA...substandard training and support from staffing...
Fair
QC/QA-ENGINEER TECHNICIAN II (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXAugust 7, 2018
A typical day at work. Corporate resided out of state.
Not much interactions with their employees.
Cannot give further tips because the company will not exist in the future. All employees were laid off on july 31st of 2018
fast paced
Factory Sewer (Former Employee) –  Tellico Plains, TNAugust 2, 2018
Very fast paced sewing factory. There was no time for socializing or fun. The money was great. This was a government funded project for the military. Not much room to grow.
Pros
The ability to make as much money as you were able.
Cons
no benefits
Productive and fast pace with perks
Account Rep (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 27, 2018
stressful, competitive environment. In order to succeed financially there and make a descent amount of money to survive and make bonus. you have to reach a certain number to get bonus.
Pros
flexible hours, and bonuses
Cons
No advancement opportunities to move up in the company
Very productive
debt collector (Former Employee) –  Guaynabo, PRJune 22, 2018
Very competetive and focus to meet expectations. Organize to get monthly accompolishments so you can get any incentive thats benificiary for yourself
Not A Bad Place
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Oak Ridge, TNJune 21, 2018
Nice hours. Holidays off. Pay wasn't the best but managed. The owner was very intimidating and wasn't very friendly. The team I worked with was nice and friendly
Very Bad Turnover and a Need for Trained Trainers
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAJune 21, 2018
I really enjoyed the work at this job since it was a engineering based entry level position. I did excellent for the first week and learned about 75% of what needed to be done on the job, which would typically take other people more than a month to learn.

The problem is that the Trainers are not trained to be professional and treat other new employees with respect.

These types of jobs are hands on jobs and since the rate of production and quality of work is important to the company when product needs to be pushed, it is all hands on deck and things are hectic. But, that is not really a problem if you enjoy the work and understand high volume production times.

The problem is when your trainer wants to do all the work and not let you learn by doing so that you can independently do work and become part of the team effort.

I got along with the other engineers and staff at this company and did not want to leave, but my trainer was horrible.
Pros
2 Lunches, Several Breaks, Paid Time Off, Healthcare after Perm Hire, Career Advancement
Cons
Bad Training Staff, High Turnover Rate
Enjoyed my time, but ready to move on.
Program Director (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INMay 21, 2018
Locally, TSI was a great company to work for. However, as time went by it became way too focused on growth and business opposed to client satisfaction and care.
Knoxville Convention Center (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMay 14, 2018
The typical day at the Convention Center was stressful and you were always on your feet. My role while I was there was a prep cook. I prepared meals for events.
Pros
Got things done
Cons
Always standing
Team of Caring People
Industrial Hygienist/Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 17, 2018
TSI is a large and dynamic group of people that I had the great pleasure to be a part of for only a short time, as my contract was limited to only one heart before it was closed out.
Pros
Professionals
Cons
Home office out west
enjoyable part
Helper (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXApril 16, 2018
Learning new ways to fix and clean the equipment that we have to perform maintnance. Learning how to advance your career within the hvac company. Everybody is real close almost family
This is one of the worst jobs I’ve had
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAMarch 27, 2018
It’s not that they’re bad or incompetent people who run this company. But until I took this job I’d never had a job in which asking a question about what to do or how to do it was forbidden.
Very difficult company to work for
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, INMarch 15, 2018
Be aware if you are a good worker it will be taken advantage of and not appreciated. Being verbally abused and physically abused is typical but not every day though. Management isn't very helpful, they say they are a phone call away but don't answer their phones. The professionalism is very lacking. Be prepared to work over your shift, some staff are not very reliable.
Pros
Helping people
Cons
payroll isn't always accurate, working lunch, no breaks, can get stuck working past your shift
Work day
MEDICAL & BUSINESS PROFIT RECOVERY CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Greater Grand Rapids AreaFebruary 20, 2018
Mornings would make sales calls and do presentations from 8 to 12. In the Afternoon I would hit the streets and do more prospecting and selling.
The best thing about this job was being able to work directly with Doctors, Dentists, and Business on they're AR. The toughest challenge was also helping with they're AR. The outcome was always worth it though.
Pros
Commissions
TSI was a stepping stone for experience for me
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOFebruary 10, 2018
My overall review of my job at TSI consisted of answering phone calls and working multiple client files a day for patient financial service for multiple facilities.
Pros
work experience and experience with speaking to clients on a professional level
Cons
pay wage was low and no room for advancement
Fun
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXFebruary 9, 2018
Hard long hours no real advancement. No company benefits large. Turn over no chance to advance into management. Outdated equipment hard to get parts no
Pros
Short breakts