TSP Employee Reviews

Underpay
I have been working for this company for 6+ years and only had got one dollar raise. I feel that I’m underpay since. I’m currently looking for a better opportunity where my skills can be utilized and valued
Pros
I get to travel
Cons
Underpay
Collaborative, forward-thinking, & innovative; great colleagues
Taylor Strategy Partners is an incredible place to work! All of my colleagues are engaging, friendly, caring and put the needs of others and our clients first. This is a place where you can not only have a rewarding career, but also have the balance you need to enjoy life to the fullest. My colleagues are smart, driven, and very talented across the board.
Great Company to Begin a Career With
Being a Storage Engineer with TSP can contain some grueling hours since you are required to be on-call 24/7, but the job is very rewarding. TSP offers a lot of opportunities to gain extra experience and certifications during downtime.
Loved the job but no time off
Great experience but never off work. On call always. Had to be on site within 2 hours of their call. Could not travel more than 2 hours away from site. no family time and no recreational time. Management ok but would not address the no time off issue.
The environment was well suited to the kind of work.
My stay at TSP was good. They supplied the tools I needed to do my work. They have paid time-off.

A typical day at work is working in a comfortable environment. They attend to the employee's need.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
Overall very good
It was a good working environment and I enjoyed the people I worked with. The company seems to care about their employees and their environment. They have an employee appreciation week and employee picnics were a perk.
Small Community Feel but struggles with Growth
TSP is a welcoming workplace with a close, community feel. However, there is a distinct, noticeable bias towards employees with families vs. single employees. There is also noticeable religious leaning of most upper management that can make those who are not religious or of a different philosophy feel uncomfortable at times.

As far as career advancement and opportunities for growth, the company is not growing fast enough to provide opportunities for promotion. The one instance in which there was an opportunity to promote someone from my team into a vacated management position, an outside applicant was hired into that management role for political/corporate relations reasons.

Additionally, the sales program seems to be uncomfortable with winning new business and is either unwilling to or incapable of branching out into larger markets.

Compensation is above average, however still slow to grow especially compared to the revenue being produced for the company.

Despite the above mentioned short-comings, the company is still better than others I have worked for and do seem to care about their employee's health and mental well-being. An adequate work/life balance is heavily encouraged and nearly all employees there are friendly and compassionate.
Pros
Company culture/compassion.
Cons
Slow growth (business and compensation)
Nice People
The people in the office are very friendly.

Great Coffee and Fresh Fruit in break room.

Built great lasting friendships while working in the corporate office.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at TSP?
A good company to work for.
A great company, family oriented, and caring and concerned management . Always go the extra mile to help in any situation they can. Always made the employees feel appreciated.
Benefits
Fun workplace
Management and employees are nice and the work place can be quiet quite often

Great tools to use sometimes can create your own if needed

Job Security is great

All in all the environment is nice and warm
Family run business with understanding of importance of employees
Family oriented
Sales oriented

Customer focused

Benefits average

No opportunity for advancement

Client focused

Family run

Fun place to work
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Client contract based work
Good experience
Great place to work. They just did not need night shift anymore. I am fine with Technology Service Professionals. I have no problems with their decision.
Great place to start a career in IT.
TSP, Inc is Great place to start a career in IT. Tsp is very involved in your advancement and learning opportunities and provide shadowing opportunities as well as training programs immediately upon being hired.
Fun job until...
While working for TSP, I met some incredible people who had the same attitude as I did. However, the upper management only cared about providing for their contract, and not their team. Everyone is/was expendable with little to no notice. People have been let go just because the contract holder didn't like them, and no other reason.
Pros
Friendly co-workers, decent location
Cons
Terrible management, no chance to advance, no job security at all.
Poorly Managed Company
Overall the company was poorly managed, and ended up with a massive turnover rate, and a disconnect between corporate and the people on the ground because of it. The first two trainers I had were fired, along with two of my managers, and a slew of co-workers during my time period there, as they constantly hired unqualified employees and never really seemed to know which way was up. Complaints were ignored or put off for weeks at a time, managers would disappear for days and have zero transparency with their team.
Pros
Pto, Benefits
Cons
Poor Management, and a stressful work environment
Zero Management
Absolutely NO management support, annual review, increases, etc.
Do not stand by their contractors - Rockstar is a joke!

If you’re not a permanent employee, you’re just a paycheck to them.
Cons
Benefits and increases.
Lack of leadership engagement and career path, at least with my position
I wasn't a good fit for the contract nor with TSP. After 2 years, only once did someone from TSP management made the attempt to visit me, and that was only because I was contemplating quitting.

My experience with the company was unique to me, so it's not to say that others have, or are having, the same. I'm sure most all outsource IT companies have their strengths and weaknesses. It just depends on the conditions of the contract and whether they're profiting enough to be more mindful and aware of their talent, and care to ensure their skills are updated and have opportunities for advancement. That would most likely ensure to keep that talent.
Pros
Non-intrusive management
Cons
Lack of leadership
okay place
It was an okay job, no real advancement available. Pay was okay but not enough in the DC area. Had to work overtime to pay bills. Decent training when made available.
TSP Horrible place to work
Horrible place to work always claim that if you need time off for family etc that family comes first well found out first hand that was a line. The benefits they have are garbage they claim the employess talked and we listen well thats garbage I would strongly suggest that no one ever work there the management from CEO down doesnt have a clue what the employees really want. and they are just like most companies just there to line there own pockets
Pros
nothing
Cons
Management, benefits just to name a few
It's a job
This place pays poor and expects a lot from you. If you're looking for your first IT job this will get you in the door but I'd recommend seeking employment elsewhere after that.
Great place to work for
Love the work. Can't say enough about the people I work with. Great amount of flexibility in handling our individual service accounts. Pay and benefits are competitive in the field.