TSYS Employee Reviews

Challenging and interesting job.. best job so far
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZOctober 11, 2018
I'm glad I applied for tsys and got hired on. it took almost 2 months but worth the wait. My previous employer was horrible..i gave them 9yrs and the last 5 yrs wasted. I never got the chance to move up. I worked hard for someone else's gain. I gave up. At first, I was nervous because Tsys was a more technical than what I'm used to..but I'm nationally certified in customer service so I got that part down. Trainers are awesome and very welcoming. My boss is the best boss by far. I have learned so much in the past year and got my first raise! It's laid back but professional environment. Benefits are great! Im not judged or put down if I need help, everyone will support. I feel like im at the right business. I can see myself growing within the company further.
Pros
Benefits, pay, work environment, managers, skills, training
Cons
Point system
Once a great place to work...
Director, Application Systems (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAOctober 7, 2018
Now just a place to work. People held value at one time. Now all is based on the bottom line. Disrespect across the board. Input not valued. Not recommended
All in all, they are a great company to work for
Fraud Analyst (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAOctober 4, 2018
• Reviewed customer accounts for the prevention and detection of possible fraud for preferred and small business clients
• Completed inbound and outbound calls and take appropriate action based on transaction characteristics of greater complexity
• Reviewed performance data to monitor and measure productivity, goal progress and activity levels
• Handled escalated calls, to ensure issue resolution and customer satisfaction
• Exceeded KPIs such as AHT, client surveys, internal quality monitoring, and adherence through weekly development
Pros
competitive pay
Cons
repetitive work
Mission-driven culture with a friends and family feel
HR Business Partner, Merchant Segment (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZSeptember 27, 2018
Overall, TSYS Acquiring Solutions in Tempe, AZ has a "Great Place to Work" culture. Employees rate it highly for a "friends and family" feel. Peer-to-peer camaraderie is an important part of the work experience, and a big reason why people stay. Compensation is not real competitive within the local market, resulting in a higher than average attrition rate for that reason. Leadership is generally ok, but there's low accountability and a long performance management timeline for those who are not good leaders. Reductions in force in the recent past have also created a flight of the best talent.
Run
Fraud Analyst (Current Employee) –  McDonough, GASeptember 20, 2018
The job seems all sweet in the beginning but once you start the real work and you think this is something I can do until retirement you start getting treated badly by managers you even hear associate managers gossiping about team members. The managers don’t know how to do their job so don’t even ask for help. They will get on to you about the smalles my little issue. You get written up about everything it gets the bills paid but not all money is good money going home and stressed from a job that really don’t care if you see you kids or family be my guest
Pros
Pay, free lunch
Cons
Short lunches, managers, gossip
Stressful assistance and time system
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GASeptember 18, 2018
Every minute can count agains you even if you are on the phone with a client. You need to clock in-out fro breaks and luch O N T I M E. You only have 1/2 hr lunch and they don’t take dr excuses.
Pros
Pay; time off
Cons
Time of availability system. 24/7 call center, rotate shifts. 1/2 hour lunch all the time.
Great work/life balance
HR (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaSeptember 18, 2018
If you work at Headquarters, you receive the perks. All other locations suffer. Good old boy Columbus Ga mentality. Work and life balance is very good.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
too many to mention
Great job for someone who does not have younger kids.
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GASeptember 17, 2018
Learned how to understand what other CSR's go through when they call you. Customers are very rude when on the phone. Management was a joke and picked favorites.
Tsys
Associate Director IT Incident Management (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GASeptember 14, 2018
Overall the experience at TSYS was great. Intelligent co-workers with problem solving skills in information technology. Management was fair in the sense the company was going through a re-organization and had misplaced skill-sets in leadership positions. A typical day was "Run-Run-Run", which suits my personality and preference in the work place.
Pros
Exceptional learning experience
Cons
Poor leadership
Interesting
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GASeptember 13, 2018
Typical day very busy
Learned a lot about APR and credit cards
Hardest part of the job was being verbally abused by the customer on the phone
Most enjoyable part was co-workers
not a bad company
Lead Performance and Capacity Planner (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GASeptember 11, 2018
not the best middle management, people are allowed to be disrespectful to other employees most people are nice and easy to get along with. for the most part not a bad place to work
Flexabilty
Business Analyst 1 (Current Employee) –  Broomfield, COSeptember 11, 2018
Over all a good company but some mangers like to push you out the door and seniority and dedication does not even seem to matter. No training. Self traned.
High Stress Work Environment
Customer Service Representative I (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GASeptember 10, 2018
*Stressful
*A lot of times would get overwhelmed with the high call volume
*Was overwhelmed with being forced to work 4 hours of over time every week and at one time had reached an additional 8 hour a week
Pros
Helped me become a multi-tasker
Cons
Was over worked, didn't offer enough pay, was very mentally draining
An overall great company to work for
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 10, 2018
TSYS allowed their employees to work independently and teach others when needed, without being frowned upon. Employees were given the opportunity to take classes threw the TSYS university when they wanted to learn new technology being introduced either by Credit card companies or Point of sale systems.
Pros
provided constant training classes to keep you up to date with the changing market
Cons
The underwriting was sometimes inconsistant
Senior Programmer Analyst (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAAugust 27, 2018
Good place to work but management leaves a lot to be desired. Great benefits. Good work/ life balance but management needs work. Would recommend to anyone
Love Tsys
Merchant Adocate Outside Sales (Former Employee) –  Indian Wells, CAAugust 22, 2018
Wonderful company to work for! Lots of travel, has a wonderful insight of how to manage new accounts and help merchants who are incurrent contracts traps to help reduce interest rates to save their businesses money. All areas within the company work as one big team making job production an ease. Never felt left in the dark when I ran against a situation I didn't understand, there was ALWAYS a quick answer or reply and or a resolution. Amazing Company!
Busy and Overwhelming
Fraud Investigator (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAAugust 21, 2018
Since I work in the fraud department the work load is nonstop. For the most part its typically relaxed. I enjoy learning new roles and taking on new task.
Productive,
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAAugust 19, 2018
Good job with great hours. Supervisors eager to teach you and encourage you to grow within the company. Fast paced call center with a lot of opportunities.
Pros
Good work enviroment
Cons
Low pay
It’s an ok place to work
Customer Service Representative I (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAAugust 15, 2018
I work in the credit card department, and based off of what I’ve heard from other employees in different areas, ours is the easiest to work in. You get maybe 1 or 2 difficult customers per day, compared to 10 or more in other departments. The benefits are really good, and that includes healthcare, vision, and dental. And you have the option to have them a part of your healthcare plan. My manager is great. He’s very patient and always willing to listen and help out. But, it is a call center. So it can get emotionally and mentally frustrating.
Pros
Benefits. Paid time off
Cons
Short breaks. Annoying customers
Productive and great place to work.
Account research specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAAugust 13, 2018
Call center experience for several different credit card companies. Data entry on account research. Letters filed to the BBB for customer complaints. Customer service experience.
Pros
Great place to work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TSYS. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

3.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight