TSYS Employee Reviews

Fantastic Leadership Culture who truly care about people.
Senior Vice President, IT (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZ and Broomfield, COJanuary 11, 2019
Great place to work. Leaders are ethical and encouraging. One of the best work environments I have ever seen. Have won the Ethispere award for most ethical companies for several years in a row now.
Call Center
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJanuary 11, 2019
Calls all day long, i learned that you have to be quick with almost every call, management was great, the hardest part is trying to really understand what they want to do, the most enjoyable part is having easy calls.
Pros
cost for lunch
Cons
30 minute breaks
Customer Service
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAJanuary 3, 2019
A responsible position in Date Processing, Computerized Accounting, Office Automation or Clerical Support for a logic oriented individual with advanced computer skills and efficient productivity. Organize and prioritize work, act independently, critical thinking and problem-solving, work collaboratively with others in a complex work environment.
Short timer
Compliance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEDecember 28, 2018
I only worked for TSYS for 18 months, but enjoyed my time while in their employ. The only issue I had is they paid well below market value compared to similar jobs within the same industry. Would have stayed with the company if they had paid a better.
Pros
Good people, good management.
Cons
Compensation
A place that can become what you make of it
Client Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GADecember 28, 2018
This is a company that could be described as relatively average in most respects. Five percent 401k match, low-average salary for the industry, moderate employee appreciation activities, relatively decent chance for promotion. Average.
Pros
5% 401k match, great health benefits
Cons
Low pay comparatively and unequal pay within company between very comparable titles
Good insurance and nice co workers
Fraud Analyst 1 (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GA 31907December 26, 2018
The clients you service constantly change policy, but they will give you time to review if needed. But only if the call volumes are almost dead. You have to suck up to managers to move up. They have so many managers that sit around and do nothing while call volumes are high. They are not flexible with your schedule if you do not have children. If you do have children they are a little bit better with flexible scheduling but only if you are one of the people who suck up to managers. They will make you do mandatory OT. Give you time off but still it will hurt adherence. Graded constantly on calls and have a risk of getting fired every month if you do not pass their strict requirements.
Pros
Good insurance
Cons
Bad management, no job security.
Solid company with values and positive culture
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEDecember 26, 2018
Great company to work for my first three years, then acquisitions made direction and internal support challenging as a remote employee.
Would recommend working for them to anyone.
Its a great place to work for.
Machine Operator II (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GADecember 16, 2018
TSYS is an excellent place to work, with strong team orientation and a corporate culture that encourages work-life balance. TSYS believes in providing training for employees and maintains high standards for excellence and quality work. Although the job can be intense due to the nature of working with credit cards and the need to be detail oriented, the reward comes from a being part of a cohesive team. Management is encouraged to support and lead by example of hard work and dedication to excellence.
Pros
Excellent place to work for, team oriented, productive environment.
Cons
Different shifts can be difficult...
great place to work
Merchant Activation Trainer (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, CODecember 12, 2018
great place to work day to day there was ok worked Monday -Friday 7:30-4 and always had a good time with fellow employees never a dull moment there for the most part
Pros
good people to work around
Cons
bad supervisor
Fast paced friendly environment
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GADecember 12, 2018
A typical day at work for a customer service representative is spending your shift sitting at a desk taking back to back calls. There are two fifteen minute breaks and a lunch break that you may be asked to work thru due to call volume. Lunch is typically catered when you are asked to work thru it. People are friendly and getting to know your co-workers is encouraged.

Want to know more about TSYS?

Ask a question
Software Engineer
Software Engineer Developer (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GADecember 10, 2018
Pro's - Salary, work from home, lot's of work.

Con's - The uncomfortable feeling that when you ask a question, you just get the run around. Lot's of clicks, these guys went to High School / College together.
Favorites
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GADecember 10, 2018
The company offers wonderful benefits , however you literally have to kiss butt just to move forward . The mangers constantly gossip and monitor everything except trying to make sure the employee succeeds . The constant changes in policy and management was stressful and also having to fight for cubes and having to share headsets . Became an unsanitary environment . My supervisor seemed to enjoy the fact of receiving a failed phone call . Also while speaking to supervisors everyone can hear the conversation and everyone knows everyone business . Very high school environment not the type of environment I would recommnend. Taking over a hundred calls in the call center was mentally draining and exhausting . I would only recommended the job If it's the last option .
Pros
Healthcare benefits
Cons
High call volume, favorites
Stressful and hard to exceed expectations
Customer Service Representative I (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GADecember 6, 2018
Receiving incoming calls about credit accts is stressful. Calls come back to back with mostly negative comments about the client and the customer service experience. The hardest part of the job is meeting the requirements on every call. The most enjoyable part of the job is being complimented on a job well done from a customer for the performance of being served.
Pros
Being fed lunches & employee discounts
Cons
Adherence and quality
Not the best place to work
CSR 1 (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaDecember 1, 2018
I would not recommend this job to anyone. The PTO is amazing, but that is about it. You're overworked for low pay. They place heavy burdens on workers and seem to be okay with it. And your job title can change at any moment. However I loved my AM she was the best part but switched departments which was very depressing.
Benefits
Cons
Overworked, low compensation
It was okay
System Software Analyst (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GANovember 28, 2018
After spending two years at the company, I discovered that I did not enjoy the IT field enough to work in any part of it. I am glad I did not waste my money on a graduate degree.
A typical day
Lead Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GANovember 20, 2018
I would get to work at 7:30 and check my emails and I would get a cup of coffee. I would get back to my desk and start working on my project until lunch. After lunch I would go to my Agile meeting with the client. I would discuss my progress. After the meeting I would go back to my desk and work on my project.
Pros
Ice cream truck would drive up
Cons
My Manager would come to my desk and ask for an update
It's just a business that's how they run ir.
Retention Specialist (Current Employee) –  Broomfield, CONovember 15, 2018
Typical day is taking calls from merchants about there account and there fees they call for a rate review and to sometimes close there account/accounts.

The workplace Culture used to be comfortable and laid back now its stressful and very micro managed which would be fine had that's how it had been when I started.

Statement week is the hardest time every month between the 5th to the 15th of the month

The most enjoyable part of the job are my co-workers.
Pros
Good company, during our statement week they provide food for us
Cons
The new strict rules that have gone down with the company that weren't there a year ago.
Manager Contact Center (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 14, 2018
TSYS is a good company to have a career, a very relaxed environment. I wanted to continue to work for the company. I managed 11 Chargeback Specialist. Organize multiple projects with excellent results under deadline situations; make appropriate decisions; able to communicate effectively with customers, personnel and diverse management; supervise and motivate staff members; solve varied
problems efficiently; facilitate and enhance company growth; extensive professional experience dealing directly with merchants
communicate effectively with customers, personnel and diverse management; supervise and motivate staff members. The hardest part of the job adapting to different personalities. Most enjoyable was managing and helping others.
Productive and excellent learning environment
Government Relations Advisor (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GANovember 12, 2018
I learned a great deal about the history of TSYS, issues pertinent for discussing before legislators and staff, and how lucky Columbus is to have the TSYS headquarters.
The most challenging part of the job was juggling weekly overnight travel with a small child.
Learning something new on a daily basis was one of the most enjoyable parts of the job.
Chargeback Representative
Credit Card Dispute Rep II (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 9, 2018
Daily work included working incoming credit card disputes and responded to merchant response involving merchant disputes. Worked chargeback on the Visa resolve online to submit chargeback, arbitrations and compliances.
Pros
Ability to work in several different credit card applications
Cons
Credit card dispute involve a financial impact

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TSYS. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

3.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight