TSYS Employee Reviews for Call Center Representative

best of them all
Call Center Rep (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GASeptember 25, 2017
l;oved loved loved this job. the best i ever had so far. never knew it could be this great. you get to talk to different people as well as handle any phone sitution.
Decent Temporary Job
Call Center Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  McDonough, GAAugust 24, 2017
Call center work isnt for everyone but if you dont mind it, it will be great for you. Everything is awesome except for the low pay. Ive learned alot about credit cards, how they work, and how to build credit.
Pros
Benefits, Vacation time, Pto, etc
Cons
Low Pay
what tsys is like
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJune 19, 2017
Tsys is a great job I enjoyed my time working there. Enjoyed helping my cx to the best of my ability. Tsys is also very strong on team work or partner ship which is excellent. its a professional, fun atmosphere. its also a place you can grow in over the years of your tsys career
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
Temp to hire
Call Center Representative Trainee (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GAFebruary 5, 2016
My experience with this company was as a temp to hire employee (which is about the only way a low level employee can get hired by the company as they only direct hire higher level employees). The staffing agencies are hard to work for. (This was my first time working for an employment agency and not being directly hired). They charge excessive fees (like about 60 bucks for a drug test that they do with a drug test kit you can get at the drugstore for 20 bucks and since they probably buy them in bulk they are probably making a huge profit with just the drug test charges alone).Then the staffing agencies try to get you to use their "global cash card" instead of direct deposit so they can make money off of that too. They have t-shirts you can wear to work with their logo but you gotta pay for those too. It seems like the staffing agencies used by the company are extremely greedy and do what ever they can to make money off of low level hard working people trying to make a living. It was NO fun getting paid and then having fees deducted from my paycheck that went to the staffing agency. The company should cover those charges in their contract instead of placing the burden on the temp employees it uses. As a temp employee you have no direct hiring manager or human resources department to go to with questions or concerns. You have to deal with the staffing agency and they have their own agenda which is to make money off of you. It is better in my opinion to be direct hired and get paid for working rather than feeling like you are paying a staffing agency to be employed.
The company
  more... has a lot of nice people working/training there. It is a long arduous process to go from being a temporary employee to a direct hire. They make it harder than it has to be in my opinion. They will say they are all about helping their employees succeed but their actions don't show that. They say they want people who show up on time and are never late but they accommodate people who are late every single day. They say they want people who will work their schedules and follow their break times, etc. but they accommodate people who take extended breaks. They say they don't want you to have your cell phone in the bathroom but people take excessive bathroom breaks just to go in the bathroom and talk and text for long periods of time when they should be in class or on the floor and they accommodate them. They don't accommodate people who try to do everything right and be on time and be a good employee though. I am not judging the people who take extended breaks and all, I am just saying if you can accept that then you should be able to accept other issues. My thinking is if you are going to accommodate all the slackers you should accommodate the ones who want to perform but need a minor accommodation. I would just like to say to all the executives at the company who might read this to not discount the introverts and shy people and people with anxiety/post traumatic stress disorder and other personality traits. There are all kinds of personalities and not everybody is an extrovert and attention seeker and that is OKAY. I guarantee you that the introverts will be the ones working and doing their jobs while the extroverts are in the bathroom talking on their cell phones or taking an extended lunch or goofing off. The introverts will be trying to learn and wanting to learn and wanting to perform as best they can. They may not give 30 minute speeches or want to be managers because they don't like having to hire/fire or discipline people, but they are willing to help their coworkers and willing to help train the new hires who come after them and willing to clean the toilets if need be. Not everybody in this world will be the CEO of a company, but all the different personality types out there bring something to the table and help make a business run and make profit. I have never worked for a company that didn't seem to understand that there are different personalities just like there are different skin colors, ages, races, etc. The company seems to think that to get high performers you need everybody to be a flaming extrovert. That is not true and I know that because I have worked at many different companies with many different people and they all have their talents and different things to offer and they didn't create an environment where you felt pressured into having a fake outgoing personality.
The company needs to do more coaching and helping and less grading and evaluating of new employees. Give them time to progress and develop because the best way to learn is by doing and being coached if you are doing it wrong. "Failing" new hires doesn't help anything. The company also needs to make clear what happens when you fail an evaluation. Will you be let go? Given another chance? If given another chance will you be let go if you fail again? The company also needs to make clear when they will evaluate you and reevaluate you if you fail because what is not important to them is extremely important to the person hoping and wishing and praying to progress to the point of being directly hired by the company. They shouldn't leave new hires hanging waiting for them to come and reevaluate them to know if they will keep their jobs or not. That is another bad thing about working for a temp agency. When you ask questions you don't get answers because they have their own agenda I guess of getting you hired on permanently so they can make money and they don't give you the kind of feedback a direct hiring manager would.
As far as the scheduling and overtime and pay is concerned I don't have any complaints like the previous reviewer. I never worked directly for the company, only for the staffing agency, but I don't have complaints about the pay only the fees they take out. I like shift work and am flexible to work any shift so that doesn't bother me and the thought of being able to work overtime was thrilling to me because at my last jobs you were lucky to get 25 hours a week. Full time jobs are hard to come by and jobs with decent benefits are hard to come by so I was looking forward to that. Being a temp you don't get benefits or overtime but if you "flip" (as they call it) over to the company after several months you get the company benefits which I heard were pretty good. The hard part is getting to the "flip" part because being a temp is hard for the reasons I stated before. You have fees taken out of your paycheck, you don't have a direct hiring manager who works for the company to answer questions, you don't have access to a human resources department to discuss issues that they might just be willing to accommodate, and you don't ever really know what is going on because your agenda, the staffing agency's agenda, and the company agenda are all different.
Pros:
Good trainers, nice coworkers/fellow trainees, nice building, nice desks, nice break room & restrooms, good housekeeping (clean environment), good security, good computers/technology, good caterers for lunch in break room, and hour lunches (except when they are busy you might get 30 minutes but you can have snacks at your desk so that is not a problem).
Cons:
Lack of the company to understand that introverts can be really good employees if they just give them a chance, lack of the company to understand that low level employees live paycheck to paycheck a lot of the time, and they are not well to do like a lot of the executives and department managers, and when you leave them hanging on whether or not they will be fired after a re-evaluation and you take forever to get around to doing the re-evaluation even though that employee is waiting to know whether they will keep their job or not, and whether they will graduate the training class or not, and whether they get to start their regular schedule the next week like their coworkers who passed their evaluation the first time, is torture.
Another con was hearing the employees who have been there awhile talk about how they fire people. I don't have a problem with people being fired if they do the things which the company has told them can get them fired, but my concern was them not clearly stating at what point temps or regular employees can get fired when it comes to their evaluations and re-evaluations. They need to let them know what happens when they fail an evaluation or re-evaluation and if they do fire them do it right away and not when they come back from lunch.
Pros
trainers, security, environmental staff
Cons
fees taken out of your paycheck, never knowing if/when you will be fired, no acceptance by upper management of people with anxiety issues that can be easily accommodated, Quality staff not used as coachers for new hires rather than graders
N/a
Call center specialists (Current Employee) –  columbus gaMarch 19, 2015
Fun place to work. It builds a strong resolve on how to deal with the public and it also teaches you about the trend of fraud which is going on more and more each day .
worst call center to work for
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAOctober 5, 2014
you get hired on thinking you will have an hour lunch break but they constantly change it just 30 mins.Management is no help and HR could care less about any issues you are having.
Pros
health benefits
Cons
short breaks
Productive & fun
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GANovember 19, 2013
a typical work day required being on the phone non-stop. I learned how to talk to people in any situation. Management was great. my co-worked were very friendly & helpful. The hardest part of my job, was rude individuals during phone calls. The most enjoyable part of my job was the environment & hours.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
short breaks