TTEC Employee Reviews

31.2K
Found 3,136 reviews matching the search See all 4,782 reviews
Fast-paced at-home call center
Intuit TurboTax Specialist (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COAugust 9, 2018
Worked as an at-home call center rep for TurboTax. The training provided was excellent as was my co-workers and the management I dealt with. Busy call volumes during the tax season. I most enjoyed being able to help the customers.
Ttec
Licensed Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Hopkinsville, KYAugust 7, 2018
I adore working here. It's a very friendly environment. They really help you and try to find solutions to everything. I don't plan on leaving anytime soon at all.
no advancement
current management (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WVAugust 5, 2018
no one knows how to effectively do job, the higher management is locked in and have close net relationships which leads to no advancement for other staff, bad place to look for a career.
Pros
Cons
most everything
Location and People
Senior Manager of EI Architects (Current Employee) –  Englewood, COAugust 3, 2018
Location and people is why I stayed at TTEC as long as I did. The big down side is compensation does not keep up with market. The best you will ever get paid compared to market is the day you start. That is the main reason IT professionals only average about three years at TTEC.
Pros
People, location and parking
Cons
compensation, constant crisis environment
TTEC needs some work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Concord, NCAugust 2, 2018
I first started TTEC in 2017 and I was excited about this job because this was my first call center job with a bit more pay. As I progressed into training and began to work production floor it took me forever to learn all the material I needed but I eventually caught on. First red flag I noticed about this place was management, everytime I would ask management a question or needed guidance to the right direction , no one either wanted to help me or became fustrasted with me because they had to do their job as a coach to assist me so I was like screw it don’t get mad when I started messing tour scores up how about that. So time passed by and I thought when will I get a raise.???? Just recently our department was told we were getting a raise but our sales department already got theirs of 17/hr. Customer service department only makes 11-12/hr and some of us have been there for years and we haven’t yet to recieve a raise and I drive almost 45-hour to work everyday. We’ve been waiting for our raise but I don’t believe we’re getting one. So that’s 2nd red flag about this place. 3rd redflag is leadership ,we have management in our department who is so sneaky and is out to get everyone fired but yet doesn’t know a single thing in the system and when you ask management for help they get upset, to me that doesn’t represent leadership skills that show me your sneaky and lazy. I enjoy being around some of my coworkers, I don’t enjoy the drive I have to make for little pay and to deal with managers/coaches who don’t wanna do their jobs.
Pros
Great coworker
Cons
Low Pay, Bad Management, Bad Leaderships skills
I would never go back.
Licensed Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLJuly 31, 2018
This was one of the worst jobs I've ever held. They make it sound so great before you start and even in the initial training. But once we began, the environment completely changed. They hired ANYONE off the street so that resulted in a lot of sketchy people. They had ridiculously high employee turnover and often resulted in those workers let go coming back to threaten someone. fights in the parking lot. JOKE of a security team who all but one of them would be consistently on their phone or talking with friends instead of watching for the real threats. They favored people beyond belief that everyone wanted to quit but the only reason most stayed was the wage.. until we found out that if we had actually worked for Progressive we would have been paid at least 4 dollars more an hour AS WELL as receive commission for sales made and pay for performance. they make you ask, like children to do ANYTHING. We even had one person have a medical emergency and be told to suck it up and finish their shift. The site manager was the absolute worse. Our team manager & supervisors were the only ones who looked out for us and tried to keep us happy which always resulted in them leaving suddenly due to "unforseen circumstances". This place is toxic and should be closed down.
Cons
everything
Stressful
Insurance Salesperson and Product (Former Employee) –  Hopkinsville, KYJuly 31, 2018
I would be living in my car before I decided to go back to work at Teletech. It was not a good place to work. I'm really not sure how they trick so many people into working there.
Very stressful
Member Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOJuly 26, 2018
Very stressful. Can't find management when you need help. Can't have paper or pen, can't go to the restroom when you need, management likes to make you feel inadequate.
they suck
Dispatcher and Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sherwood, ARJuly 24, 2018
horrible company. they are loud and ghetto. the pay is horrible. Management does not know what they are doing or what is going on. The rules change everyday. They make broken promises. There is too much drama in the work place. They also cut your hours 4 days out of the week
Training
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  @home for allstateJuly 23, 2018
They inform you that you cannot miss training. But unfortunately when the unexpected happens you will be jobless. I had to have unexpected surgery and informed them of it and right before my surgery they told me that I couldn't come back to work. Harsh...
would not recommend
management (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCJuly 22, 2018
This company was acquired from Optum; it is now Ttec formerly known as Teletech. When they took over they did massive layoffs and shut down centers in Charlotte. They basically did a major overhaul starting from employees who they felt were making too much, and got rid of allot upper management, coaches, QA, & operations. This company doesnt offer annual reviews, unlike when they were under Optum, so what you start off with is what you will still be making 5 yrs down the line. They cut down the pay of the agents when Ttec acquired the company. To sum it up they found every way to cut down cost in all ways possible, anything for them to pinch a penny! If there was a way to outsource the whole operation overseas, they would ( they are headquartered in the Philippines) I would not be surprised if this company goes through another buyout. It's been the 3rd buy out/transition in my 5 years of working there. Concord's TA dept is unorganized chaos at its best; and run very poorly and unprofessionally to put it nicely. During an incident; recruiters were having loud, verbal confrontations with internal employees; all while applicants were in the office testing and filling out online forms. The sessions that were conducted were far from professional and the type of verbiage that was expressed was not work appropriate.

Good Luck to anyone who is working there. I would only recommend this job as a last resort or for anyone who is starting out with their career and can use this for experience to put on your resume, otherwise go elsewhere if you can!
Pros
commute
Cons
no raises, unorganized, unprofessional
TTEC: Reasons not to Work here
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 16, 2018
After working here for a year, I have noticed a lot about this company as a whole. When you first start out, you will find it to be a good job. Paid training, nice facility, great benefits, easy job... That is the picture they will paint you.

Its wrong.

The job itself, very easy. It isn't difficult and anyone can learn how to do great in the job. But you will have a hard time doing so... Half the computers work, the systems half work, the metrics always change, news/updates to the policy aren't delivered to you most of the time... I found my self asking multiple people on how to apply new veribage so I don't get into trouble. And if you become a chat agent too? Oh boy. Don't expect a pay increase as you have to learn a whole new set of skills. But trust me, you will still be on the phone because they can't keep enough butts in chairs taking calls.

You have your great managers! Some who are nice and professional, coaching you to do great things. And some very bad ones. Favoritism among the bad ones. Some even going as far to spite their other employees for their favorites. The bad managers make your experience at this company a poor one. Upper management... Whole new ballgame. They barely know what's going on the floor and have bad attitudes. Internal customer service training is something I recommend to the upper management.

There are two people of the upper management group I can say are very nice and sweet. Making sure you are okay as much as they can. But that's two put of five. Still a failing grade.

The other agents are 98% chill and you can make some good
  more... connections here. Good friends, if you care about that. They can help you if you need help and dont mind passing on any knowledge/veribage you need to make a call great.

You do get beneifts, time off, sick days, ample breaks, and discounts off other places... But on work, you will be frustrated. I only recommend a job here if you are filling the blank of time and you are moving on to a better oppurtunity. Like a summer job or extra cash for bigger investments.
Pros
Easy job, Benefits
Cons
Inconsistancies, impersonal/rude managers, poor manager/agent relationship, favortisim
They’ll waste your time
Part Time Employee (Former Employee) –  Work at HomeJuly 12, 2018
Applied for a completely different position that I actually was waiting to get an offer call for but got an offer for something totally opposite. The pay is so insanely low idk who can live off of $8.50/hr part time. That’s $680 a month & that’s before taxes are taken out. Terrible. I truly do not like how the high paying full time positions you apply for are not what the offer call is for. It’s just a waste of time. They say it’s so they can offer you SOMETHING, but again, $8.50 an hour on part time is basically nothing & it’s a waste of time getting all excited for an offer call that is not what you even want or pay basic bills with. I have been in the work at home industry working for major companies for the past 6 years making $70,000 a year, it’s a slap in the face what they will give people who are OVER qualified.
Pros
Cons
Dishonesty, time wasting
I feel lied to
Customer service rep for sping tv (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 9, 2018
I was hired and only worked there 2 weeks. They wage that was discussed at date of hire is different than the wage you receive once you start. Management doesnt xommunicate with each other and disciplinary actions are word of mouth there is no paper trail of anything.
Pros
Cons
Low pay, no benefits, no incentives, bad part of town, poor management, no job security
Work from home offering flexible schedule
CSR II (Current Employee) –  Pearl, MSJuly 5, 2018
Ttec motivates all employees to exceed goals and advacne careers within the company. Motivating and accesible managment team and support coaches always assist in difficult call situations.
Pros
Work form home, Competitive salary, Full benefits
No "tech" in TTEC
Licensed Agent, Member Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Morrilton, ARJuly 3, 2018
Working for TTEC Morrilton, AR location is best described as working for a pre-technology era call center with highly un-qualified internal leadership.
As an employee, you will not be kept informed of any changes, contests or updates within the site via civilized communication such as email or postings. Instead you will need to rely on a series of chanceful events, i.e., being on the floor when someone yells out the information across the building (hopefully you will not be on break or lunch, or worse, on a call near the screaming individual) or via a "heard it through the grapevine" method of communication.
Rest assured, if you are breathing and you need a job, you will find it at TTEC in Morrilton. However, be informed that what is presented and what is actually offered never the twain shall meet.
There will be sign on bonuses, sales commissions and performance perks offered aplenty, none of which will actually come to fruition as there are always an abundance of hidden strings attached.
Looking for a place that offers advancement opportunities? Avert your eyes from TTEC if you are high-performing, qualified and reliable. Those positions, despite all of your best efforts, will be unattainable to the general workplace population. Too, should the workload decrease, so shall your hours as they cut as many as legally possible to retain your full-time status. You can also look forward to constant and unexpected schedule changes without prior notification as well as incorrect stat reporting without ability to dispute or correct the issue.
Poor management
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLJuly 3, 2018
Management rarely knows what their doing nothing is consistent, one day we have mandatory overtime and the next the hours are removed without even notifying the agents so when they come in to work their schedules mandatory overtime we send them home. Policy inforcement only happens when it benefits management otherwise they themselves will break policy to meet lines. They “push” breaks and lunches for the agents or require overtime during their breaks and lunches despite federal laws.
CALL SERVICE REP (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXJune 30, 2018
Whenever I work I would always found the people that I work there to there to best. They help you the best of their ability. Overall if you had the job you'll love to work there at T Tec.
Pros
Co worker are great to work with
Cons
None that i can think of
Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MAJune 27, 2018
I enjoyed working for iKnowtion. Smart people, name brand clients. It was fun being part of a start up and wearing what ever hat was needed for the moment!
Pros
Smart people, exciting work content
Cons
No real cons to mention
A typical call center.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Weber City, VAJune 27, 2018
Being a typical call center during training you were not permitted to miss days. Your training was from a set outline which the client provided. Smokers had the break advantages.
Pros
good salary
Cons
mandatory overtime and then being sent home before end of shift