TTM Technologies Employee Reviews

Nice and well managed factory job
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Forest Grove, ORNovember 15, 2018
My short time as temp there was great.

Shift lead would meet with department every shift.
Department lead would have regular meetings with staff as well as coming by and checking up on everybody.

Expectations were clear and assistance was readily available in the form of knowledgeable engineers and maintenance crew.
Never had to afraid to ask questions in fear of being made to feel stupid.

Learned a lot fast and enjoyed the whole experience.
Pros
Great managers, clear expectations, lots of hours
Cons
Can be super slow
Collaborative and quick-paced work environment with many opportunities for learning
Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CANovember 26, 2018
Seems like a solid company to work for. PCB manufacturing also seems to have a bright future and TTM is one of the top PCB manufacturing companies in the US. Managers are attentive and responsive. The work culture also seems to be very positive with a collaborative and positive work culture.
Pros
Great people, lots of potential for growth
Cons
Office buildings and work spaces could use an upgrade :)
Many, many issues
Environmental Technician/Wet Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  North Jackson, OHNovember 25, 2018
Lack of communication between upper management causing confusion with lower level employees. If seen as an individual who is hardworking and multifaceted, you WILL be taken advantage of because of that. Haven't received my full uniform yet and I've been present for over 6 months, and have constantly asked for the rest of my uniform. Leaves me feeling taken advantage of, taken for granted and unwanted when all I have done is worked my tail off for the people and the company.
Unsafe, Double Standards Galore
4th shift (Former Employee) –  StaffordNovember 9, 2018
Faithfully worked at building 2 for several years. You will work off fridays and weekends with little notice. You will be exposed to hazardous vapors and if you beg long enough for a couple of years you might get a cheap respirator. If your slow coworkers choose to not like you because you are more focused on your work they will make up false accusations to get you fired, seen it first hand. Managers think they are God’s and some of the supervisors cannot even spell. The double standard factor is sky high. You will be notified about company events after they take place. You will be treated unfairly. You will be stabbed in the back.
Pros
Cons
Hazardous vapors, single minded management, Conniving co workers
Ttm
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Chippewa Falls, WINovember 23, 2018
My job was EASY here, if you can stand on your feet all day you will be just fine. At first its stressful learning but when you get the hang of it you see how easy it is. I learned how circuit boards are made, data entry, how to multitask and communicate with others. I use to work full-time but then I had to switch to weekends because of mandatory 10hr overtime for months. The management is very poor here honestly, they don't care if you have a life or not. Made a lot of friends here, its a friendly work environment. One of the hardest part of this job is... There are a LOT of LAZY people who should get fired! The most enjoyable part was working weekends, and having 5 days off during the week.
Pros
Pto, Weekends, Decent wage, Friendly coworkers
Cons
Management.
Interesting environment requiring complete commitment in order to advance
Quote Engineer (Current Employee) –  Stafford, CTSeptember 23, 2018
The job itself is quite interesting. Every single part built is custom designed by each customer, meaning there are upwards of 2000 unique parts working through a facility at a given time.

Employees at the company are a mix of good and bad. Some are very open to working with others, which is a huge requirement in any position at TTM. Others, however, feel they do not need to which makes some processes more difficult than others for no logical reason.

Headphones are not allowed in some sites, a choice by management. Managers often feel that they are above every day decisions, which can be problematic at times.
Pros
very stringent and set hours, days always end on time
Cons
no headphones allowed
I was contractor there and I was hired to do the projects that I have assigned to. Productive and deliver the projects on time
Business Systems Analyst (Consultant) (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAOctober 18, 2018
I was contractor there for long time. I was assigned to various projects. The main concern and concentration was completing project on time and deliver with less errors. Which I was able to do that. Good communications between IT and SME .
Plenty of growth opportunities if you put in the effort
Plant Ops (Current Employee) –  Stafford, CTSeptember 13, 2018
I've grown with TTM over the last 2 decades, put in my fair share of blood, sweat and tears and have been recognized for my efforts. It's a fast paced (no really) environment and sometimes very challenging but for those that are hard working and really motivated growth is there.
Pros
Growth, recognition, benefits and 401k, pride
Cons
Customer demands, some long days, manufacturing challenges
Friendly Environment
Process Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 21, 2018
The team here at TTM San Jose is very welcoming to new hires. I came in as an intern and our mentors and managers really did everything to make us feel at home. Everyone is friendly amongst each other and there are plenty of group events and whatnot to boost morale. Such events consist of: health&wellness seminars and fairs, meetings in which the GM and HR department discuss the shortcomings, achievements, and progress of the facility. Furthermore, the benefits are great.
Pros
Great colleagues, friendly environment, good support system, superb benefits (health care, 401k, life insurance, dental, vision)
Cons
Parking, low pay
Lots of autonomy but not a lot of direction
Process engineering intern (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAAugust 13, 2018
I only worked with TTM Santa Clara for a short time as an intern but it was a great working experience as I had nearly full autonomy over my projects. While I could have had a little more direction in helping me meet my goals, my mentors definitely gave me their best whenever I had questions and was a little lost. The freedom in my daily activities gave me to allocate time to the areas I deemed the most necessary of it.
Pros
great autonomy on projects, helpful and welcoming mangement
Cons
Had to use the time clock (as per being an intern), little direction at times
The work is fast paste.management wasent as good as it could have been.
2nd shift production worker (Former Employee) –  Chippewa Falls, WINovember 5, 2018
Health benefits where better then most.not much chance of climbing the ladder.workers didn't work as a team.management had a hard time problem solving.vacation time was not fair.and holiday pay with overtime wasent fair.
Pros
Vary clean lunch room
Cons
Unpaid breaks.
TTM was a job and that’s it not flexible enough or willing to pay according to ability
Lab Technician/Warehouse management (Former Employee) –  North Jackson, OHOctober 15, 2018
I worked for TTM for 4 years and they don’t like to pay living wage per hour for skilled labor and every job they offer is very much a technical skilled labor position
Pros
Steady work
Cons
They do not want to pay skilled labor wages.
Do not work here
AOI Department Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Logan, UT 84321July 25, 2018
I have never worked for a place that treated its employees as terrible as TTM Tech. They have an "Everyone is replaceable" attitude. The environment is cut-throat and everyone for themselves. Teamwork is rare here. The benefits aren't great. Overtime is madatory, and there isn't much work life balance. This company practices in unsafe behaviors just to save a buck. I don't have enough characters to list all the horror stories. If you have any self respect, don't work here. If you value your mental and physical health, don't work here.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Short breaks, overtime, low quality benefits, disrespectful, bad management
Unprofessional
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Stafford, CTAugust 10, 2018
Day of my hire employees told me to run and this is the worst place ever.
Employees are miserable.
You never know what you will be coming into.
There isn't the best chain of command so employees get the heat from their superiors.
Very unprofessionally ran.
Hardest part of the job is dealing with the management.
Their HR team isn't for the employees they work more to cover the management team.
The worst place to work unless your content with going no where.
Drill Operator (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CA 92111November 29, 2018
Terrible place to work unless being in-efficient having absolutely no comparison standards between a good and bad employee and the opportunity to go no where is your cup of tea.
Pros
its a job
Cons
how people got to the positions there in i have no clue.
Good place to work in the High Tech world
PCB Manufacturing, Quality Control CMM Operator (Current Employee) –  Littleton, COSeptember 17, 2018
This is a good place to work. Highly detail oriented work environment. There is a lot of stress, because of the nature of the Printed Circuit Board industry. Must meet or exceed Military and Space industry standards for quality.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Lower wages
Fast paced , candemanding
Electro mechanical Technician (Former Employee) –  Chippewa Falls, WINovember 16, 2018
With the right tip of character a person could go a long way with an TTM. Motivation hard work discipline and education and working well with others are very important.
Pros
Fast paced, expected diligence. Good working staff
Cons
Toxic atmosphere. Dangerous equipment!
Truely at your own pace type of work
Production Associate (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 19, 2018
Type of work where you run the machine and the machine does not run you. At your own pace, so as long as you’re not literally slacking off, work flow will not overwhelm you.
Pros
Occasional onsite company gatherings
Cons
Higher up employees seem incompetent, but you realize they’re only human too.
Poor management
Personal Assistant to GM (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COJune 27, 2018
Many days there was no work to do. I was a personal assistant to the GM and we were trying to get ready to unveil our new office, this was rescheduled over and over and over again. I had to repeatedly cancel the equipment and email the people who received invitations telling them it was canceled so many time. It was very unorganized and there was definitely favoritism that showed clearly.
Cons
Lack of work, poor management, unorganized
horrible and low pay
Flash Operator (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTSeptember 5, 2018
great place to work if you want to stand in one place for 8 plus hours a day. low pay and management would tell you at the end of shift on friday that you had to work the next morning on saturday 3 out of 4 weeks a month. could not plan anything or had to cancel all the time.
Pros
Cons
low pay, management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TTM Technologies. Our community is ready to answer.