TTM Technologies Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Lots of autonomy but not a lot of direction
Process engineering intern (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAAugust 13, 2018
I only worked with TTM Santa Clara for a short time as an intern but it was a great working experience as I had nearly full autonomy over my projects. While I could have had a little more direction in helping me meet my goals, my mentors definitely gave me their best whenever I had questions and was a little lost. The freedom in my daily activities gave me to allocate time to the areas I deemed the most necessary of it.
Pros
great autonomy on projects, helpful and welcoming mangement
Cons
Had to use the time clock (as per being an intern), little direction at times
Ok to work for.
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stafford, CTAugust 8, 2018
Good benefits, good hours (every other Friday is an unpaid non-production day off), low pay and management could use a course or two on improving communications skills in the workplace.
Pros
Good schedule, every other Friday off as a non-production day (unpaid) and 3 weeks PTO as a new hire.
Cons
Low pay
it is a good company
Business Development - Data Receipt Technician (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJuly 29, 2018
I star working at 7:30 am but I always came earlier to prepare my computer, desk and tools I need. I check e-mails and prioritize.
1. Orders: print drawings, analyzed technical information and data by filling out a special check-list and distribute the orders to customer service department.
2. Down load data, read it into a design software, fill out a form with the information, and solve any problem during de process.
3. Review data and blue prints by filling out another form to be quoted.
Every day I learn something new through different situations during the process. I have always to learn updates about technology.
The hardest part of the job is the stress caused by the electronic failures and also when there are delays caused by issues during the process.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the level of open and direct communication. This moved things along quickly and few things were left unsaid. Another thing I like is to have the ability to learn new things and take on more responsibility. Everyone was in a constant state of growth.
Pros
This is a big company. Job stability
Cons
A lot of job but low wages
Good work environment
Manager of production & facilities maintenance (Former Employee) –  Chippewa Falls, WIJuly 27, 2018
Job was a fill gap between career changes. It was a good company but needed more and wanted to learn more. I was caught up in a huge down turn in my previous place of employment which unfortunately caused a major layoff of employees.
Pros
Good company.
Cons
Not good hours
Do not work here
AOI Department Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Logan, UT 84321July 25, 2018
I have never worked for a place that treated its employees as terrible as TTM Tech. They have an "Everyone is replaceable" attitude. The environment is cut-throat and everyone for themselves. Teamwork is rare here. The benefits aren't great. Overtime is madatory, and there isn't much work life balance. This company practices in unsafe behaviors just to save a buck. I don't have enough characters to list all the horror stories. If you have any self respect, don't work here. If you value your mental and physical health, don't work here.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Short breaks, overtime, low quality benefits, disrespectful, bad management
The facilities were nice. We had two nice cafeterias.
Chemical Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Chippewa Falls, WIJuly 18, 2018
Chemical samples were obtained from process lines. These samples were analyzed in the chemical lab. Results were logged and add slips were issued. Automated controllers were monitored and adjusted as needed.
I learned how to work with process controllers. Initially, I worked with automated test equipment.
Management was rather condescending. I worked 2nd shift and tended to avoid them when at all possible.
Morale was not the best in my department. From what I heard, this was common through out the plant.
We had a pretty extensive work schedule and had to be diligent to complete our work.
I enjoyed my coworkers. One of them followed me for 20 plus years.
Pros
The popcorn machine was nice. Periodically the would bring in a soft ice-cream machine.
Cons
I didn't appreciate being put under surveillance in my elder years.
management new what they were doing and stayed on top of everything
Photo Print Inspector (Former Employee) –  Stafford Springs, CTJuly 15, 2018
work was fast paced which i loved and they provided quarterly bonuses to employees and received raises .It was here i learned about circuit boards and received many bonuses for my hard work .
Pros
enjoyed working there
Cons
competitive but worth it
Horrible work environment
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Stafford Springs, CTJune 27, 2018
Lets just say that unless you get drunk with your bosses; you are their punching bags. Everything rolls downhill from all departments right onto you. STAY AWAY.
Pros
Every other Friday off.
Cons
Worst environment ever.
Poor management
Personal Assistant to GM (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COJune 27, 2018
Many days there was no work to do. I was a personal assistant to the GM and we were trying to get ready to unveil our new office, this was rescheduled over and over and over again. I had to repeatedly cancel the equipment and email the people who received invitations telling them it was canceled so many time. It was very unorganized and there was definitely favoritism that showed clearly.
Cons
Lack of work, poor management, unorganized
Overworked and stressfull
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Logan, UTJune 26, 2018
Daily Duties:
Clean down machines so they are free from dust
Set up film of a circuit board design to print onto a circuit board core
Clock jobs out and move the to the next production area.
Cores come in different sizes and weights and can be quite heavy. Proper lifting techniques must be utilized as well as daily stretches to prevent carpel tunnel.
Daily goal is to print 300 circuit boards

The work is good and pays well however when the goal is not met then overtime is required. The company is not retaining enough employees to meet goal and will overwork the employees they do have.
Dust will ruin the circuit board and the clean room that they currently have does not keep dust out. There is plans though in the future to improve the room but until then expect to clean a lot.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Overtime
Company was taken over
Administrative Assistant I (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJune 21, 2018
This company was bought out and they laid off previous staff and kept their management. No room for advancement if your in the office. Lack of communication from manager to employee.
benefits
Cons
bad communication, management
Great place to learn and feel like you are needed and appreciated
Itern (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTJune 15, 2018
I worked with great people and was led in a direction that allowed me to learn and be effective to help the company. I was given tasks and allowed the opportunity to execute in a way that was beneficial for me.
Pros
Great people to work with, great place to learn and feel like I contributed to the good of the company.
Enjoyed my job
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Chippewa Falls, WIJune 15, 2018
I learned that I didn't like working the night shift (over night). I liked my day shift sup when I finally got to go days. She worked right beside you during the shift.
terrible people in charge
CO-OP/Intern (Former Employee) –  Stafford Springs, CTJune 13, 2018
Always unclear with instructions and offended when I asked questions. Did not advance me into the next stage of training for a whole 4 months even though I was cross-trained on every machine.
Pros
can sleep while working machines
Cons
very slow job pace
production
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Chippewa Falls, WIJune 1, 2018
you have to work at a fast pace sometimes and it does get to be very stress full but I don't really care for the management. I also don't care for working 12 hour days on the weekend anymore. but its really nice for people that are going to school because you have all week to your self and make decent money on the weekends
Meaningful work, stressful workload
Production Control Clerk (Former Employee) –  North Jackson, OHJune 1, 2018
The only downside here is that the work is very stressful & always has a deadline. Errors & mistakes can result in losing contracts. Highly intense but gives you a sense of purpose.
Pros
Lots of employee activities, meeting corporate officers, annual picnic
PC/IT Support (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 21, 2018
Typical days at TTM have enough work to be busy yet not feel overwhelmed. Management has never asked or demanded to perform unreasonably. On the contrary they've been accommodating, understanding, and a joy to work with. My coworkers are also very friendly and easy to get along with. Thankfully there aren't a lot of 'attitudes' around here.
The hardest part of the job is the early start time yet I've gotten used to it and enjoy the benefits that it comes with.
Pros
Great managers and great coworkers, job stability, benefits
Cons
Old buildings, pay is a bit low for cost of living
No Humanity
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAMay 15, 2018
Enjoyed my job but the work environment between employees and management was stressful. Over worked and low salary. This facility has no humanity towards their employees.
TTM was a very fast paced job
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  North Jackson, OHMay 1, 2018
I was a lab tech and learned so much about different chemicals and learned to move at a very fast pace. The lab tech manager was a great guy who trained me and helped me alot.
The plant management did not interact with Finance
Plant Controller (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAApril 26, 2018
The general manager did not communicate with accounting and the controller was provided limited information from operations in order to help direct the company and help management.