Tuba City Regional Health Care Corp

Tuba City Regional Health Care Corp Employee Reviews

United States26 reviews
Great place to work if you have different loans. Good moving and sign on bonus.
Scheduling allowed for good amount of time off to explore the area or take a vacation away.
Incompetent leadership at all levels, up to the CEO. How the current CEO was hired is anyone's guess. CEO quickly made many questionable hiring decisions, case in point, making several questionable employees managers (i.e. Quality Assurance, Business Office,and Information Technology). Most of the management have no idea how to manage, have no rapport with staff, and are in a constant state of "job security". Real talent either avoids this place, moves on to greener pastures quickly, or has to endure never ending incompetence and reprisal from managers that have never worked or seen how a competent enterprise is run. AVOID this place at all costs!
Pros
Makes you appreciate other jobs with other companies
Cons
Incompetent management and leadership, never ending state of being in reaction mode
great place to work and learn. a lot of cross training available. great people to work with. provide hospital housing. 1/2 hr from Grand Canyon. flexible.
Pros
gym, housing
Cons
2 hrs from anything in any direction
CEO has single-handedly, with no checks and balances made this the most toxic and unsafe environment to practice medicine. She has set a precedent for firing providers without reason or board approval.

CEO is also spending funding in areas that have no benefit to the hospital and community as a whole. Ultimately wasting money.

Worked there for many years with zero raises and low compensation compared to the national average.
Benefits
Cons
Ceo, Understaffed, Pay
Hospital is 24/7, this area covers a wide variety of people not just in Tuba City but the outer communities 45 minutes away in all directions. The Diversity of the hospital is for many indigenous people but run by Navajo Nation. This hospital is expanding and welcoming staff to help grow with them.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
The management is inexperienced and unprofessional. The workload and deadlines are unrealistic but was not authorized overtime. Beside bad management, I enjoyed gaining the experience and knowledge that will benefit me and aid in my career advancement.
Pros
Gained knowledge in the healthcare administration
Cons
Poor management
Such a rewarding experience to work at an Indian Health Service Facility. To have been given this opportunity was more fulfilling than I would have ever dreamed. I was honored to work with the Navajo and Hopi Tribes. I will always cherish my experience at Tuba City Hospital.
Pros
Unbelievable experience.
Cons
N/a
TCRHCC use to be a pleasant place to work, however, with the inception of new CEO things really changed for the worse. As in any culture the CEO began choosing his favorites and thus begins the witch hunt on behalf of the favorites.
Work in a Native hospital that requires dedication and hard work. Enjoyment of job and meeting new people, challenges in abundance, and plenty areas of advancement.
Pros
wages, co-workers, location in Arizona
Cons
many projects, not enough hours in the day
I was just there for short period of time. While I was there, it was a good position. the pay, i thought we weren't paid enough, I enjoyed communication directly from the ceo.
It is a very rewarding place to work, you see and diagnose various pathology that you would not see anywhere else. You are very lucky to work and help a very underserved and impoverished population. Most patients do not have electricity or running water.

Inspit of the hospital becoming private and tribal run, their compensation for their mid-level practicioners, is almost appalling. They compensate at about the 25th percentile for certain specialties. You get compensated at 25th percentile and yet I worked two times harder and had more burdens then working most other facilities. Instead of giving raises their goal is to open more specialties instead of improving and actually fully staffing crucial areas like ACU, PCU, Family Medicine and ER.
Pros
Rewarding
Cons
Unintelligent administration, poor compensation, understaffed
This is on a Reservation, the guidelines are different. They are not an EEO-employer. The oversight is done thru Navajo Nation. They are in need of Registered Nurses. Get everything in writing, don't take a person's word at what the benefits are. If it is not in writing then you don't have the benefit. The contract you sign make sure has everything that was talked about prior to singing is in your contract. especially about student loans.

You are helping a community that is in need, most don't have running water, or electricity. These patients are hardship, understanding culture. Helping people is most important, but understanding culture and types of patients you will be taking care of is hard.
Pros
helping people
Cons
Reservation, not EEO/ no federal oversite/ tribal ran.
A typical day is very busy; your reward is meeting new friends and working with helpful people, makes it all worthwhile. The hardest part of any job is the long hours, but is rewarding to see your employees and tenants happy..
Pros
Good people, health benefits
Cons
A lot of time at work.
I love helping the patients, nothing else to tell about this place. Wrong medications to patients was the norm. Always hiring in the news paper, HUGE!!! Turn over.
Cons
Supervisors slept in the back offices.
It was a great place to work. Good people to work with. A lot of resources for their clients. The organization has encouraged me to speak the native tongue. I've learned so much in the clinic i was employed at.
Pros
Snack Days
Cons
wait times are sometimes an issue
Awesome place to work. Providers care about there patients and enjoy working with the community for a better health.
Awesome co-workers and they love there jobs as well. Lead are very outgoing and care for there employees.
Current Medical Assistant Student at Carrington College.
hours of availibilty Monday thru Thursday (4pm - 9pm) and Friday thru Sunday anytime.
I had a temporary job here. It was a good experience. They train good work ethic, and a good place to work overall. It had to do with a lot of walking to clinic to clinic carrying patient charts.
I worked in two great departments. The maintenance department and general services department. I learned so many skills on the job as a person fresh out of high school. I got along with all staff members and learned good customer service experience. I got along with management very well. My coworkers made the time easier to pass by as we worked. There were a lot of different challenges, especially in a healthcare environment, but solved very well with team effort. Working with my coworkers was the part of my job I enjoyed the most. Very enjoyable work place if you just do your job and get to know the other staff.
Pros
Employee Appreciation, Good Benefits
Cons
Short Breaks
Worked in General Services Department. Which was in warehouse, shipping, receiving and inventory of supplies, issuing of supplies, equipment and office work which included computer, copier and mail duties.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
N/a
As an HIM Technician the medical records department at TCRHCC has taught me a lot. I have learned a lot within medical records, from analyzing inpatient charts and outpatient chart, creating new charts, pulling charts for clinic appointments, delivering charts to location of patients appointments, release of information, being busy all the time keeps us on our feet, worked and learned in all area of the HIM Department. Trained new employees that joined the team. Depending on what shift we are working, we are consistently busy. we are assigned to certain areas of the department everyday, from pulling charts for clinic, filing labs into charts , release of information, outpatient analysis, chart running, etc. Got along with everyone , there are a total of 20+ technicians that i work with, and working as team and proved to the hospital that patient care is a priority, with that in mind just knowing to get charts to the clinic and working as team has always been sufficient. Its always a great environment on whatever shift you are working and who you are working with. i feel coming into the healthcare field has had its moments on when times learning all aspects of HIM was hard, weather its learning the various task that come with medical records, it does take time to learn but i am fast learner so this was easy for me, a challenge is always worth it. but coming to work has always been enjoyable and i feel its time for me to use what i learned and apply to the real world.
Pros
A great place to work, awesome environment, etc.
Cons
None at the moment
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tuba City Regional Health Care Corp. Our community is ready to answer.
Tuba City Regional Health Care Corp Reviews by Location