Tuba City Regional Health Care Corp Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Best experience at an Indian Health Service Facility.
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Tuba City, AZMay 7, 2018
Such a rewarding experience to work at an Indian Health Service Facility. To have been given this opportunity was more fulfilling than I would have ever dreamed. I was honored to work with the Navajo and Hopi Tribes. I will always cherish my experience at Tuba City Hospital.
Pros
Unbelievable experience.
Cons
N/a
Good until new CEO
Contract Health Service Program Director (Former Employee) –  Tuba City, AZ 86045April 18, 2018
TCRHCC use to be a pleasant place to work, however, with the inception of new CEO things really changed for the worse. As in any culture the CEO began choosing his favorites and thus begins the witch hunt on behalf of the favorites.
Was just a temporary position
Medical Records Technician, Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Tuba City, AZJanuary 8, 2018
I was just there for short period of time. While I was there, it was a good position. the pay, i thought we weren't paid enough, I enjoyed communication directly from the ceo.
Poor compensation for amount of work.
Advanced Practicioner (Former Employee) –  AZNovember 6, 2017
It is a very rewarding place to work, you see and diagnose various pathology that you would not see anywhere else. You are very lucky to work and help a very underserved and impoverished population. Most patients do not have electricity or running water.

Inspit of the hospital becoming private and tribal run, their compensation for their mid-level practicioners, is almost appalling. They compensate at about the 25th percentile for certain specialties. You get compensated at 25th percentile and yet I worked two times harder and had more burdens then working most other facilities. Instead of giving raises their goal is to open more specialties instead of improving and actually fully staffing crucial areas like ACU, PCU, Family Medicine and ER.
Pros
Rewarding
Cons
Unintelligent administration, poor compensation, understaffed
Rn-
RN (Former Employee) –  Tuba City, AZJanuary 23, 2017
This is on a Reservation, the guidelines are different. They are not an EEO-employer. The oversight is done thru Navajo Nation. They are in need of Registered Nurses. Get everything in writing, don't take a person's word at what the benefits are. If it is not in writing then you don't have the benefit. The contract you sign make sure has everything that was talked about prior to singing is in your contract. especially about student loans.

You are helping a community that is in need, most don't have running water, or electricity. These patients are hardship, understanding culture. Helping people is most important, but understanding culture and types of patients you will be taking care of is hard.
Pros
helping people
Cons
Reservation, not EEO/ no federal oversite/ tribal ran.
TCRHCC is a great place to work.
Housing/Property Manager/Shipping Ofcr (Former Employee) –  Tuba City, AZ 86045September 12, 2016
A typical day is very busy; your reward is meeting new friends and working with helpful people, makes it all worthwhile. The hardest part of any job is the long hours, but is rewarding to see your employees and tenants happy..
Pros
Good people, health benefits
Cons
A lot of time at work.
No leadership, scratch your back?
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tuba City, AZMay 23, 2016
I love helping the patients, nothing else to tell about this place. Wrong medications to patients was the norm. Always hiring in the news paper, HUGE!!! Turn over.
Cons
Supervisors slept in the back offices.
Tcrhcc
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tuba City, AZMay 17, 2016
It was a great place to work. Good people to work with. A lot of resources for their clients. The organization has encouraged me to speak the native tongue. I've learned so much in the clinic i was employed at.
Pros
Snack Days
Cons
wait times are sometimes an issue
Awesome
Medical Support Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pediatric ClinicMay 10, 2016
Awesome place to work. Providers care about there patients and enjoy working with the community for a better health.
Awesome co-workers and they love there jobs as well. Lead are very outgoing and care for there employees.
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Former Employee) –  Tuba City, AZMarch 26, 2016
Current Medical Assistant Student at Carrington College.
hours of availibilty Monday thru Thursday (4pm - 9pm) and Friday thru Sunday anytime.

Want to know more about Tuba City Regional Health Care Corp?

Ask a question
good place to work
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tuba City, AZSeptember 15, 2015
I had a temporary job here. It was a good experience. They train good work ethic, and a good place to work overall. It had to do with a lot of walking to clinic to clinic carrying patient charts.
Great environment if you get along with staff and keep busy.
Materials Handler (Former Employee) –  Tuba City, AZAugust 12, 2015
I worked in two great departments. The maintenance department and general services department. I learned so many skills on the job as a person fresh out of high school. I got along with all staff members and learned good customer service experience. I got along with management very well. My coworkers made the time easier to pass by as we worked. There were a lot of different challenges, especially in a healthcare environment, but solved very well with team effort. Working with my coworkers was the part of my job I enjoyed the most. Very enjoyable work place if you just do your job and get to know the other staff.
Pros
Employee Appreciation, Good Benefits
Cons
Short Breaks
Good work place
Supply Technician (Former Employee) –  Tuba City, AZApril 11, 2015
Worked in General Services Department. Which was in warehouse, shipping, receiving and inventory of supplies, issuing of supplies, equipment and office work which included computer, copier and mail duties.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
N/a
wporking in medical records
HIM TECHNICIAN II/INPATIENT ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Tuba City, AZOctober 15, 2014
As an HIM Technician the medical records department at TCRHCC has taught me a lot. I have learned a lot within medical records, from analyzing inpatient charts and outpatient chart, creating new charts, pulling charts for clinic appointments, delivering charts to location of patients appointments, release of information, being busy all the time keeps us on our feet, worked and learned in all area of the HIM Department. Trained new employees that joined the team. Depending on what shift we are working, we are consistently busy. we are assigned to certain areas of the department everyday, from pulling charts for clinic, filing labs into charts , release of information, outpatient analysis, chart running, etc. Got along with everyone , there are a total of 20+ technicians that i work with, and working as team and proved to the hospital that patient care is a priority, with that in mind just knowing to get charts to the clinic and working as team has always been sufficient. Its always a great environment on whatever shift you are working and who you are working with. i feel coming into the healthcare field has had its moments on when times learning all aspects of HIM was hard, weather its learning the various task that come with medical records, it does take time to learn but i am fast learner so this was easy for me, a challenge is always worth it. but coming to work has always been enjoyable and i feel its time for me to use what i learned and apply to the real world.
Pros
A great place to work, awesome environment, etc.
Cons
None at the moment
Chart Record
Chart Record (Former Employee) –  Tuba City, AZJuly 27, 2014
What i learn about this job, I learn how to answer phone calls, Paper workers, and renew charts on the computer, and do update on the computer and Microsoft. I learn how to operate the fax machine and answer phone calls in the offices and learn how to handle customers that come to the office for questions. I worked 9 hours a day and i LOVE my co-workers to death.
Pros
I love being a offices assistant, faxing, paper workers, and computer works
Fun place to work
PHARMACY TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  PharmacyJuly 26, 2013
I did my externship for 160 hours as a pharmacy technician. Work was very busy. My co-workers were very helpful.
Quality healthcare facility
HR Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tuba City, AZApril 23, 2013
Fast-paced work environment. Great HR staff, learned various processes and procedures and would have loved to cross-train.
Overall fun and have had a great experience
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tuba City, AZMarch 10, 2013
I enjoyed working at Tuba City Regional Health Care, a lot of friendly employees. The work invironment was fast pace, their would be something to do all day long. The hardest part of the job was during inventory. I enjoyed working at the hospital, i have learned so much.
Pros
pay
Cons
schedule
Really good place to aquired experience
Register Nurse (Current Employee) –  Tuba City, AZApril 3, 2012
I love to work here, coworker are amazing we are a really good team.
Pros
learning experience

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tuba City Regional Health Care Corp. Our community is ready to answer.

Tuba City Regional Health Care Corp Reviews by Location