Tuba City Regional Health Care Corp Pay & Benefits reviews

Was just a temporary position
Medical Records Technician, Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Tuba City, AZJanuary 8, 2018
I was just there for short period of time. While I was there, it was a good position. the pay, i thought we weren't paid enough, I enjoyed communication directly from the ceo.
Poor compensation for amount of work.
Advanced Practicioner (Former Employee) –  AZNovember 6, 2017
It is a very rewarding place to work, you see and diagnose various pathology that you would not see anywhere else. You are very lucky to work and help a very underserved and impoverished population. Most patients do not have electricity or running water.

Inspit of the hospital becoming private and tribal run, their compensation for their mid-level practicioners, is almost appalling. They compensate at about the 25th percentile for certain specialties. You get compensated at 25th percentile and yet I worked two times harder and had more burdens then working most other facilities. Instead of giving raises their goal is to open more specialties instead of improving and actually fully staffing crucial areas like ACU, PCU, Family Medicine and ER.
Pros
Rewarding
Cons
Unintelligent administration, poor compensation, understaffed
Rn-
RN (Former Employee) –  Tuba City, AZJanuary 23, 2017
This is on a Reservation, the guidelines are different. They are not an EEO-employer. The oversight is done thru Navajo Nation. They are in need of Registered Nurses. Get everything in writing, don't take a person's word at what the benefits are. If it is not in writing then you don't have the benefit. The contract you sign make sure has everything that was talked about prior to singing is in your contract. especially about student loans.

You are helping a community that is in need, most don't have running water, or electricity. These patients are hardship, understanding culture. Helping people is most important, but understanding culture and types of patients you will be taking care of is hard.
Pros
helping people
Cons
Reservation, not EEO/ no federal oversite/ tribal ran.
Great environment if you get along with staff and keep busy.
Materials Handler (Former Employee) –  Tuba City, AZAugust 12, 2015
I worked in two great departments. The maintenance department and general services department. I learned so many skills on the job as a person fresh out of high school. I got along with all staff members and learned good customer service experience. I got along with management very well. My coworkers made the time easier to pass by as we worked. There were a lot of different challenges, especially in a healthcare environment, but solved very well with team effort. Working with my coworkers was the part of my job I enjoyed the most. Very enjoyable work place if you just do your job and get to know the other staff.
Pros
Employee Appreciation, Good Benefits
Cons
Short Breaks