Tuba City Regional Health Care Corporation Employee Reviews

Hard to fit in unless you are Navajo
Clinical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Tuba City, AZDecember 5, 2017
Work environment stressful because the lack of accountability of team members. Backwards thinking of doctors. Many changes in personnel. Lack of vision and compliance
Pros
Pay
Cons
Remote location
Tuba City Regional Health Care Corporation
Telemedicine Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tuba City, AZNovember 21, 2017
Responsible for day to day operation, scheduling, coordination and technical provision for the Telemedicine Department. Assist medical providers with technical and clinical support for telemedicine clinics and/or consultations.
Heavy workload
RN, BSN (Former Employee) –  Tuba CityNovember 17, 2017
I worked there for a short time as a new grad nurse. I was immediately burned out and overwhelmed due to the nurse patient ratio being anywhere from 7-9:1 on the Med-Surg floor. The older nurses were rude and unhelpful. Tuba needs to implement a nurse-pt ratio where the nurse workload is less so the nurses can provide a safe and effective health care to their patients. They also need to be more supportive to their new grad nurses. A heavy workload is unsafe for the nurse and the patient. I thought Tuba would be a good place to start my nursing career but, sadly, I made the decision to leave.
Finally, Tuba should implement an on-going customer service training for their staff as I have encountered rude staff in nursing dept and in the patient registration dept . Their behavior compromises patient care.
Lack of communication and supervision
Patient Registration Technician I (Former Employee) –  Tuba City, AZOctober 3, 2017
TCRHCC is a good facility but lacks communication, supervision and guidance. Very judgmental and discrimination. Supervision was very poor. Training and pay raises were never implemented.
nice place to work
Patient Registration Technician (Former Employee) –  Tuba City, AZSeptember 27, 2017
I really don't want to say anything that has happen to me when I was employed at the TCRHCC. Its a really good place to work and people are friendly there.
Pros
good benfits
Cons
main manger not to kind
Balance
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tuba City, AZSeptember 23, 2017
A typical day consist of preparing yourself as well as the team to help patients and assure that they are getting the care that they need. Excellent providers, they really care for their patients and it shows when patients come from over 100+ miles to see them.
benefits
Cons
pay
Great place
Applications Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tuba City, AZSeptember 11, 2017
It was a great place with great opportunities. In life things happen and it was the overall reason I left. It was great working there and at times wish I hadn't left my career there.
No comment
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Tuba City, AZAugust 30, 2017
My time here is temporary. The benefits are decent and there was plenty of overtime hours. Policies are still being created due to transition to private corporations.
Not a good place to work unless you're Native American
Clinical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Tuba City ArizonaAugust 16, 2017
Unpleasant To outsiders great place for native Americans and young people looking to pay off loans. A long way from civilization an hour and a 1/2 to the closest Walmart. Build is a nice place Internet is horrible and the corporation does not work with the employees, I would not recommend this place to work. I unless you are mediocre and do not wish to a Deliver a standard of care that the rest of the world once and deserves they say they do but I will not be the 1st person to disagree.
Pros
Loan repayment possible
Cons
Everything else
Tough
Chief Information Officer (Former Employee) –  Tuba City, AZMay 23, 2017
Tuba City Health Care Corp is a 538 tribal entity. The people are great, but stifled by lack of innovation and motivation. The community is full of great people
fun workplace, outgoing co-workers, growth in a company
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tuba City, AZApril 26, 2017
I've worked in a work place with patients of all different ages with different kind of admissions, I cared for them with per doctors orders, and the job comes with a lot of patient care. I am a person who will help anything of need, I know my responsibilities when it comes to patient care. I would like to see myself grow in a company.
Medical Support Assistant - Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Tuba City, AZMarch 1, 2017
Assist w/ scheduling on and in person. Answer all incoming phone calls. Schedule daily appointments. Assist w/ provider schedules every month and update daily. Make sure all documents are put in PT chart then prepare it for triage. Call next day appointments and confirm they will be
Working with patients/staff was good
Medical Support Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tuba City, AZJanuary 27, 2017
Enjoyed working with positive staff to ensure our patients needs were met on a daily basis. Hardest part of our job is probably when we are only one person handling day to day activity.
Pros
when our goals are met
Cons
not enough time in the day to complete some tasks
One of the best healthcare facilities in Navajo Nation.
Director of Health Information Management (Former Employee) –  Tuba City, AZDecember 31, 2016
Friendly environment. Great program for Navajo employees to learn skills and undertake upward positions in the organization. Most difficult part of job is typical of any organization which is obtaining resources to sustain efficient department operations with all departments.
work well with other co workers
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Tuba City, AZDecember 10, 2015
check all Generator weekly ,
did repair work on elect equipment daily
did other project around facililty upgrade panels , installed conduits
wireways '
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tuba City, AZApril 14, 2015
Learned more about my culture and assisting the elderly population with translation and direction. I enjoyed working in the various departments.
Has great benefits!
Grant funded position (Former Employee) –  Tuba City, AZApril 2, 2015
My position is a grant funded position and there is no encouragement for advancement or growth with with company especially with my social work degree.
Not for everyone
Midlevel provider (Current Employee) –  Tuba City, AZFebruary 19, 2015
see ratings. schedules can be 4-10s, flexible. good place to learn in small hospital setting. High degree of diabetes and comorbidities. Many new grads, loan repayment, 10 paid holidays, ample vacation, relocation.
Pros
benefits, schedule
Cons
work ethic, management
i love working with elderly people
CNA (Former Employee) –  Tuba City, AZAugust 15, 2014
i cared for elderly people with their needs, bathe, grooming, feeding, i recorded vitals and BM. I also work on activities and exercise with them.
Pros
discount meals for employees
Cons
trainings and meetings are a must
enjoyed being able to assist others
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tuba City, AZMay 14, 2014
enjoyed working in the health field and able to help and listen to others. the rewarding part of the job is to see the person u helped say thank you and leave knowing we can help
Pros
teamwork
Cons
too many supervisors