Tubelite Company Inc. Employee Reviews

Run away - Horrible
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Moonachie, NJMay 18, 2019
Tubelite( the sign distribution company company) is antiquated - The customer service is horrible. They figure out how to mess up orders every day. My customers could not depend on shipments to get to them without any issues.

I would not recommend working here unless you want to be miserable.

They have an extremely high turnover rate - several times a week an e-mail is sent out stating: effective immediately so & So is no longer an employee.

Get any sales contracts in writing- they change comp plans on the fly..
Pros
They are clueless
Cons
Nobody cares - very frustrating
not at this time
Driver/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 8, 2019
not at this time been awile since I worked there many years ago.....wasnt a good place to work to many employees related to bosses lot of favoritism ok
This was my 1st Factory job
Extrusion Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Reed City, MIMarch 19, 2019
I started this job when I was 18 years old. As I worked here I watched and learned how to deal with people. After 19 years, I took a leap to be a Supervisor, A position I held for 10 tears. Over the years I worked with a number of different Management styles that helped me shape my managing style.
Pros
familliarity with all aspects of manufacturing process
Cons
lack of company direction
Don't waste your time unless you love it
Driver (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 1, 2019
Management undercuts each other, is racist, and unwilling to listen to ideas from employees on possible improvements to the work the job and the overall environment. They are only driven by bottom line and are set in their ways they need newer younger minds with fresh ideas on staff to take them to the next level.
Pros
Laid back dress code, and occasional free meal.
Cons
Everything else
Its a job nothing more
Warehouse Support (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 24, 2019
You go there and do as your told and thats about it, 11 vacation days but 2 are considered emergency days for if your sick so good luck dont get sick. You finish the day in your department you have to go help another department but if they finish early they dont help you they get to leave early. 3rd shift works overtime while first shift gets out early because why not right....
Pros
Cons
everything
Okay place to work
Lead Loader/freight mover/flex (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 14, 2019
Okay place not enough advancement opportunities pay is okay could be more for all the labor you will do but you do get every weekend off and no overnights and you get hired in fast
A good place to start a career
Materials Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Walker, MIJanuary 9, 2019
I started out as a low level employee making around $12.50 an hour and eventually made it to a Team Lead in not even 2 years. It's a great company to move and and eventually make it into a career.
Pros
Paid breaks
Cons
Not air-conditioned
Very poor upper management
Maintenance Manager Tubelite (Former Employee) –  Reed City, MIDecember 26, 2018
Plant manager is an accountant not a manager no people skills at all this is known by everyone. Completely uneducated when it comes to running a plant. We've lost our president , VP, (2) plant managers and countless office employees within (2) years. Only the uneducated and unemployable are left . High school educated are self proclaimed engineers (good ole boy) system . Very high turnover rate on shop floor 40-60 percent ! Stay away from this place the upper management is by far the worst I've ever experienced
Pros
Come and go as you please plant manager too cowardly to say anything
Cons
Good ole boy system. Poor benefits. Very high turnover rate
horrible
Warehouse Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Apopka, FLOctober 29, 2018
work here if you like never knowing when youre getting off or when your hours are going to be cut because you made someone mad.New manager is clueless to running a business.
totally fun job with its share of challenges
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Walker, MIOctober 27, 2018
it was a very good place to be employed at. i learned the assembly of cabinets wall displays as well as building prototypes for the major retailers such as kohl's, target, macys and j.c. penneys. management helped you in every way possible.
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing
Busy, and growing company
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Walker, MIAugust 14, 2018
A typical work day for me consists of hosting tier 1 board meetings, managing schedule, delegating work, training employees, helping find a solution to issues that arise throughout my shift. I've learned a lot of technical, mechanical skills during my tenure here at Tubelite. I have also increased my knowledge regarding Microsoft office in general. Using JD Enterprise One has also been a very rewarding skill that I've gathered here, due to the fact that I know a lot of other companies use this tool as well. The hardest part of the job is sometimes dealing with a lot of different personalities, & trying my best to accommodate those who require extra attention & focus.The most rewarding part of my job is getting to know a lot of people, & working as a team to get our job done. The way that Tubelite recognizes employees is a great way to motivate those who do a good job!
Pros
lots of growth, & opportunities for overtime.
Cons
short breaks, unbelievably poor health care. too much overtime
It was a good company to work for but a long drive
Sr. Scheduler/ Buyer Purchasing (Former Employee) –  Walker, MIJuly 6, 2018
This job moved from Reed City, MI. to Walker, Mi. and after 5 years I was offered a job closer to home. The people I worked with were great, we car pooled some of the time, but the drive was long.
Pros
It was a great place to work
Cons
too far to drive 60 miles from home
Loved the job, new management either fired off most, or the others left cauase of new magangement
Assembly Lead, (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 30, 2018
Loved working there. Disliked a couple things, but that is common with any job. Really upsets me they terminated me the way they did. Wrongfully. Although i did get compensated for being let go wrongfully, I wish things could have went another route.
Need impoved management
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Moonachie, NJMay 17, 2018
Does not have good management or leaders
Does not know how to train employees
Treats employees disresepectful
Grabbed me by my arm in an aggressive way
Easy
Saw Operator/ Door Builder (Former Employee) –  Walker, MIMay 11, 2018
Easy work for the most part, plenty of opportunities to learn various types of the job system, including saw operator, and CNC. the company hires within the company typically so there's opportunities for growth.
Pros
good growth
Cons
Can be difficult to get hired in
good employment
Quality Assurance Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Walker, MIApril 22, 2018
I had a ton of duties in my job position, sometimes it was hard to get everything done. The manager and coworkers are really nice people. I liked the place but the work load for the position I had was ridiculous.
I actually loved this job.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Apopka, FLMarch 2, 2018
I learned a lot here. I especially liked that I learned new things. I learned about screen printing ink, window tint films, different vinyls, and many other things. I pulled, packed and shipped products for our customers. I also had to cut my own vinyl and window film as we sold most of this by the foot/yard. Most of the people were great.
Management with poor communication skills
Packer/Inspector (Former Employee) –  Walker, MIFebruary 6, 2018
Its a bunch of he say she say. The supervisors really dont care about your outside life when they over staff you for the night. They dont sewm to understand the actual meaning behind HIPPA
A great place to work very competitive wages.
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Current Employee) –  Reed City, MIJanuary 28, 2018
I have worked here for close to a year now very good company that treats their employees very well. So many programs to benefit employees and their families.
Pros
Lots of programs to benefit employees
Cons
very slow going at times
Packager
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Walker, MIJanuary 23, 2018
Its an ok job if you keep to yourself always. They show lots of favoritism towards shifts, as well as certain individuals. A bunch of he say and she say

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tubelite Company Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight