Tucson Federal Credit Union Employee Reviews

Love it!
Employee Experience Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 24, 2019
I had planned on staying 1 year and am about to celebrate my 10 year anniversary. Its a great place to work with a fantastic culture. I am not planning on ever leaving and will stay as long as they will have me.
Best company
Director, Project Management (telecommuting) (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 22, 2019
Best company to work for, great culture, respectful organization, management is great, ideas are welcome, corporate office is great and clean, employees are amazing
Great place to work if you have very little growth needs
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZFebruary 2, 2019
limited advancement, and poor training burns out most quality employees, and constant change at leadership rolls makes for undefined company direction, and poor employee retention.
I wasted my time
Teller (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 9, 2018
I spent many years at TFCU and i learned the only way to get ahead in that company is to brown nose and give management a ego boost. I tried everything i could to move up in this company but the reward for my competence was a pat on the back and a water bottle. This company has an issue with favoritism and rewarding mediocre work. It doesn't seem to matter how long you have been with the company or how well you do your job,receiving a pay raise and or a promotion is impossible if you are not on corporates list of favorite people. Management is not above throwing you under the bus when it comes to customers, as well as letting the customers curse you out and threaten you and do nothing about it. The customers will yell and scream to get what they want and not only will they get what they want but will defend the customers behavior even if it crosses a line, the term " maybe they are having a bad day" gets thrown around a lot. This company promotes an good work life balance but that is only for the select few who compliment upper management. I wouldn't recommend this place to my worst enemy.
Pros
heavily involved in the community
Cons
favoritism, poor management, poor pay
great place and people to work
Teller (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 7, 2018
great place and people to work
members are always nice and co-workers make you feel like family
they do need to take more care of the employees, maybe better pay or allow them to get over time
Pros
great eviroment
Cons
hourly pay
A company that really cares
Teller (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 22, 2018
Tucson Federal is a place that truly values its employees. There is a large emphasis set on creating a comfortable and collaborative work environment. Employee opinions are actually taken into consideration and it one of the best places I have ever worked at. 10/10 would recommend
Good people, ineffective & complacent leadership.
Any (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 11, 2017
If you above average intelligence or believe in forward thinking business practices, move on. Benefits are great, pay is mediocre, staff and work life balance are great. However, management sells an open-door, change oriented enviroment and advancement oprotunity that are an illusion. Great job, horrible disappointment as a career.
Pros
Coworkers, events, benifits
Cons
Executive team, Management Team, content with mediocrity.
Awesome!
Teller (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 10, 2016
I love this job! It is very different than anything that I have ever done. I have a very family feeling to it. I think I fit in pretty well there at the credit union.
Great Place to work
Account Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 1, 2016
Continued to learn the value of the Credit Union Culture, and enjoyed sharing my knowledge of Accounting to many members of the Accounting Team
Friendly and inviting company
Teller (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 9, 2015
The work is fast paced and stressful. The workers will be there for you to help you out in any situation and are welcoming to anyone who walks through the door. Management will do their best to accommodate you as long as it does not hurt the credit union. The members can be frustrating, but for the most part are all really nice and are there to make relationships and maintain them.
I was very happy here, great benefits, bonus', good pay.
MSR II/Loan Officer - NMLS 779532 (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 6, 2015
Processing loans, opening accounts, customer service. working with coworkers as a team. Ira's, budget counseling, Pima County Notary service.
Pros
I was very happy here, great benefits, bonus', good pay.
Cons
Favoritism
Fun family like company
Contact Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 7, 2015
Enjoyed working here. Felt like everyone was family. Learned all about company while working as a contact center rep. Management listened and trained when appropriate.
Pros
free lunch, picnics, mini gym, employee activity committee
not good for artistic indivuals
Technician (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZNovember 22, 2012
they want too much control over your banking practices and personal time.I am maintenance;I do not want know or learn anything about the leagalities of the banking industry.TFCU operates under a "NOT FOR PROFIT" premis which allows management to "say and do anything" they want.The co-workers are great.Management communication is the hardest part of the job.Management does not allow anything enjoyable.And they will disagree.