Tuesday Morning, Inc Employee Reviews

Fun Workplace that I have created
Manager (Current Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDNovember 16, 2018
Customer service is priority.
Freight management is priority.
Point of Sale accuracy is priority.

Monthly focused reviewing of store P & L.
Comparisons of month to month P & L.

Scheduling 20-25 of store associates.
Alright starting job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSNovember 3, 2018
Most of what the job is would be intro stuff for someone starting out in the field of sales for the first time (such as learning a register and intro to helping others with finding things) but it was a very simple job and you were payed a simple wage for it so no real complaints besides very slow days.
Pros
above minimum wage, simple
Cons
very slow days, hot in unloading truck.
not your typical retail
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILOctober 31, 2018
Not your typical retail, often staffed with a skeleton crew of two team members. unloading truck on back dock, least desirable job duty that you may be called in to unload during off days. Competitive environment for management.
Pros
early shopping...but you're there for work.
Cons
hours, environment
Started off great, but then my hours were cut dramatically
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COOctober 19, 2018
I actually really liked working here at first. I was working about 12 hours a week or more, but then my hours were cut to 4 hours a week. They didnt have "enough hours" even though they kept hiring new people and gave them more hours than me. Not only did the hours suck but so did the management. Managers would spend the whole shift taking personal calls in the back room, not responding to my calls over the intercom for help with customers.

They'll give you plenty of hours when you first start out, but after a few months they'll drastically decrease. The managers dont care about helping customers and prefer to have personal conversations with eachother/ on the phone.
Cons
No hours, management
They ok to be employed for
Packer/Shipper (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 11, 2018
Good work place I wish I could have stayed and been a long term team member fir the company maybe they will have another job fair to attend so that i can be apart of tues morning again
Fun place to work, not a career
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 19, 2018
I love working at Tuesday Morning as a second job. It is a fun place to work with great products and employee discounts. The atmosphere, at least at my location, is relaxed and friendly. I recommend it to anyone looking for a second job or a student job. I don't recommend it to anyone looking for a main source of income--their company model seems to be hire a bunch of people who work 10 hours a week. At just over minimum wage, this will not support you. If you're looking for supplemental income, though, it is super fun!
Pros
Fun, discounts, good products
Cons
Not a living wage
Poor management
Associate (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GASeptember 18, 2018
Manager has his favorite which whom could do as she wanted while other were reprimanded for doing the same. Ex. Wear yoga pants, not wearing tuesday morning shirt, smoke in the back of the stock room. No benefits, no full time hours, schedule is inconsistent. Pay is low for amount of work and co workers and key holders are lazy. No sense of work ethic from manager.
Pros
Cons
Manger shouldnt be a manger has no clue about ethics
Good job with great benefits. True to their mission.
Regional Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 17, 2018
Overlooked the daily operations of the East Coast Region. Hired, trained new employees, developed, and promoted the present. It was a great environment to work, learn and grow.
Pros
Excellent Company with good benefits.
Don’t even interview
Sales lead (Former Employee) –  San Luis Obispo, CASeptember 4, 2018
The company does not care about its employees at all and that is from the very top. They care about profit not at all about people!
The manager where I worked had a side line MLM job that ruled his thoughts and time. A typical day at work is unloading product and unpacking products and merchandising store or cashiering. You do not have time to sell even though they push you to upsale all day.
Pros
Cons
Horrible management and filthy store
Customers loyal and supportive but Chaotic place to work.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Centerville, OHAugust 31, 2018
As far as interaction with customers it is positive and loyal :however the lack of communication between upper and store level management needs to improve for both store level employees and that to our customers. Very inconsistency with decisions, overworked for pay and benefits and causes stressful environment.
Pros
great customers and loyal coworkers
Cons
lack of communication, not much allowance of time off due to budget constraints, inconsistance decision that effect store level.
fun job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint George, UTAugust 19, 2018
I loved working there its a fun store I enjoyed the discount I received on merchandise I loved mu coworkers and the store manager. It was stressful at times unloading the truck and finding room for all the new merchandise.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
no bonuses or holiday pay
Quality merchandis, flexible hours.
Key Holder/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAAugust 9, 2018
Tuesday morning is a good stat point for your career in retail.you will learn the basics of customer services, organization skills, time management,cashier and more.
Pros
good store hours.
Cons
low pay
good place to work
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAAugust 6, 2018
I liked my job a lot, if I had not moved to a location without a store nearby, I would still be with Tuesday Morning. The upper management was always willing to help in any way to see you succeed.
Reivew
Sr. Store and Corporate Facilities Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 26, 2018
Tuesday Morning is heading int the right directions but it still currently struggling. Therefore, we run too lean on headcount. There is too much to do and not enough people.
Slow paced environmemt
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 23, 2018
Low volum stores, slim payroll with small staff numbers. They need to improve the delivery process. They need to improve the leader training processes.
Pros
Good working hours
Cons
Low pay, small staff
Do not work here
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, TNJuly 18, 2018
I was hired in March and was fired in July. I was going to use the money for college but I only have $200 for books. I was only given at most 8 hours a week to work and was fired after she hired another person. My manager said she had to cut everyones hours... But she cut mine entirely. I hadn't worked for two weeks and then she finally fired me. In fact she told me I was working for 3 days, and when I got there for my first day I found out she cut all three of them without telling me. Also her boss was there to ask me about saftey procedures I was never taught......and now I see new applications to this place already. DO NOT WORK HERE.
Pros
discount
Cons
No breaks unless u come in early, management is stuck up, saftey is secondary, not busy, repeatedly cleaning the same sections.
Low salary to begin; poor management
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Aliso Viejo, CAJuly 7, 2018
Liked the merchandise, Management was under a lot of stress most of the time. Negative environment most of the time, Health benefits were not the best, Environment was not the most positive.
Great company
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 29, 2018
I loved my job really wish we wasn’t closing . Awesome company to work for if only I could transfer into a full time position I would have stayed with the company.
Flexible Work schedule fun work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Starkville, MSJune 28, 2018
Having a really nice personality and being able to communicate with customers will make your time very enjoyable. I never really had scheduling problems unless I had something come up in my personal life. Every manager is different so how they deal with that is different to. If you needed to switch it was easy to do so; it was our responsibility to find someone and let the on duty manager know.
enjoy the discount given to employees
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 1, 2018
tuesday morning gives a 20% discount to employees on the first day of hire which is unheard of. usually have to want the 90 day grace period to receive a discount on purchases.
Pros
discount savings
Cons
don't give much in raises and only has 1 full-time employee per store