Tuesday Morning, Inc Employee Reviews

Best job ever.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GAMarch 12, 2019
Fun place to bring out your inner decorater. The manager in dalton is amazing and the job was very flexible to my life and children. It was a very easy job really. The only difficulties were doing truck, but it was only 1 or 2 days a week and very light most of the time. Great place to work part time for moms with kids. Alot of shifts are only 4-5 hours. Time flew and the customers are so sweet!!
Pros
Management. Flexibility. Fun
Cons
None REALLY!
Competition
Assistant Manager, Cashier/Clerk (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VAFebruary 27, 2019
I learned a lot working at this job but it required so much attention, the boss I had was ridiculous and very demanding, everything had to be done her way. I'd never work here again.
Productive and sometimes competitive work environment with a ping pong table.
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 1, 2019
On a typical day you would show up to Tuesday Morning Inc. and say hello to a fair amount of friendly folks/associates before clocking into work. Once clocked in you could no longer carry any food or electronics on your person, and were expected to be in your established work startup area to meet with your fellow department associates before listening up to our department supervisor on the new weeks expected goals, last weeks numbers, room for improvement, handing out "thank you" cards and etc. From there our supervisor would assign us our designated group and send us on our way to our first trailer assignment until about 7 p.m. when we get our daily paid lunchtime, and then return at around 7:30 p.m. to work again until 11 p.m, the end of our shift. I would say that the workplace culture was very laid back as opposed to other companies i had worked for previously, which were very fast paced. You're coworkers are all friendly and are always willing to collaborate with you in order to complete a task, all in all a great workplace culture experience. The hardest part of the job i would say is just the amount of physical labor you must be willing to put in for the establishment, being that you are in truck trailers for the majority of your time lifting boxes weighing from 3 lb to 150 lb, but with the help of fellow associates, pallet jacks and forklift drivers, you more or less fair pretty well.
Again the most enjoyable part of the job would have to be the relationships you build with your fellow coworkers. After about a year of working for Tuesday Morning i felt as though i had
  more... gained a lot of valuable lessons and friends throughout my time with the company, some that i will never forget.  less
Pros
Paid lunch, and friendly staff
Cons
Short breaks and excessive physical labor.
Fun work place
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Farmers Branch, TXJanuary 9, 2019
I brought they boxes to them and I also made sure if they needed help with the merchandise I would help them and I would unload and load the trucks and clean up the warehouse before my shift was up
Pros
Bring your own lunch
Cons
Short breaks
Easy going company to work for that values personal lifestyle with work life.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLDecember 29, 2018
Store hours are very friendly, as all stores close relatively early. Processing freight is very key. The company requires all incoming product to be stocked within 24 hours of receipt. However, if you get that all done, you have the remaining 6 days to do whatever needs to be the done with the store.
Pros
Easy workload, fairly simple merchandising concepts
Cons
Salary is not on par with local cost of living.
Welcoming Culture but antiquated operations
DC Operations (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 10, 2018
The retail side of the business is growing and the company is slowly moving towards adopting and funding modern marketing methods. The distribution center / warehousing operations work with outdated equipment and information systems and very few career opportunities exist with regard to career tracks across distribution center personnel.
Pros
Welcoming culture and employee discounts at retail stores
Cons
Meager career-development support
We are laughing all the time. Love the food furniture makeup that is cessories bathroom accessories clearance aisle the candy Isle the carpet I'll lov
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 17, 2018
I love everything about the job the food, the Candy, the furniture, outlet items, the bedroom, the clearance, the bathroom, the makeup, they just need new flooring.
Pros
Discount
Cons
It's always Cold.
Fun Workplace that I have created
Manager (Current Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDNovember 16, 2018
Customer service is priority.
Freight management is priority.
Point of Sale accuracy is priority.

Monthly focused reviewing of store P & L.
Comparisons of month to month P & L.

Scheduling 20-25 of store associates.
Alright starting job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSNovember 3, 2018
Most of what the job is would be intro stuff for someone starting out in the field of sales for the first time (such as learning a register and intro to helping others with finding things) but it was a very simple job and you were payed a simple wage for it so no real complaints besides very slow days.
Pros
above minimum wage, simple
Cons
very slow days, hot in unloading truck.
not your typical retail
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILOctober 31, 2018
Not your typical retail, often staffed with a skeleton crew of two team members. unloading truck on back dock, least desirable job duty that you may be called in to unload during off days. Competitive environment for management.
Pros
early shopping...but you're there for work.
Cons
hours, environment
Started off great, but then my hours were cut dramatically
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COOctober 19, 2018
I actually really liked working here at first. I was working about 12 hours a week or more, but then my hours were cut to 4 hours a week. They didnt have "enough hours" even though they kept hiring new people and gave them more hours than me. Not only did the hours suck but so did the management. Managers would spend the whole shift taking personal calls in the back room, not responding to my calls over the intercom for help with customers.

They'll give you plenty of hours when you first start out, but after a few months they'll drastically decrease. The managers dont care about helping customers and prefer to have personal conversations with eachother/ on the phone.
Cons
No hours, management
They ok to be employed for
Packer/Shipper (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 11, 2018
Good work place I wish I could have stayed and been a long term team member fir the company maybe they will have another job fair to attend so that i can be apart of tues morning again
Fun place to work, not a career
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 19, 2018
I love working at Tuesday Morning as a second job. It is a fun place to work with great products and employee discounts. The atmosphere, at least at my location, is relaxed and friendly. I recommend it to anyone looking for a second job or a student job. I don't recommend it to anyone looking for a main source of income--their company model seems to be hire a bunch of people who work 10 hours a week. At just over minimum wage, this will not support you. If you're looking for supplemental income, though, it is super fun!
Pros
Fun, discounts, good products
Cons
Not a living wage
Poor management
Associate (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GASeptember 18, 2018
Manager has his favorite which whom could do as she wanted while other were reprimanded for doing the same. Ex. Wear yoga pants, not wearing tuesday morning shirt, smoke in the back of the stock room. No benefits, no full time hours, schedule is inconsistent. Pay is low for amount of work and co workers and key holders are lazy. No sense of work ethic from manager.
Pros
Cons
Manger shouldnt be a manger has no clue about ethics
Good job with great benefits. True to their mission.
Regional Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 17, 2018
Overlooked the daily operations of the East Coast Region. Hired, trained new employees, developed, and promoted the present. It was a great environment to work, learn and grow.
Pros
Excellent Company with good benefits.
Don’t even interview
Sales lead (Former Employee) –  San Luis Obispo, CASeptember 4, 2018
The company does not care about its employees at all and that is from the very top. They care about profit not at all about people!
The manager where I worked had a side line MLM job that ruled his thoughts and time. A typical day at work is unloading product and unpacking products and merchandising store or cashiering. You do not have time to sell even though they push you to upsale all day.
Pros
Cons
Horrible management and filthy store
Customers loyal and supportive but Chaotic place to work.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Centerville, OHAugust 31, 2018
As far as interaction with customers it is positive and loyal :however the lack of communication between upper and store level management needs to improve for both store level employees and that to our customers. Very inconsistency with decisions, overworked for pay and benefits and causes stressful environment.
Pros
great customers and loyal coworkers
Cons
lack of communication, not much allowance of time off due to budget constraints, inconsistance decision that effect store level.
fun job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint George, UTAugust 19, 2018
I loved working there its a fun store I enjoyed the discount I received on merchandise I loved mu coworkers and the store manager. It was stressful at times unloading the truck and finding room for all the new merchandise.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
no bonuses or holiday pay
Quality merchandis, flexible hours.
Key Holder/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAAugust 9, 2018
Tuesday morning is a good stat point for your career in retail.you will learn the basics of customer services, organization skills, time management,cashier and more.
Pros
good store hours.
Cons
low pay
good place to work
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAAugust 6, 2018
I liked my job a lot, if I had not moved to a location without a store nearby, I would still be with Tuesday Morning. The upper management was always willing to help in any way to see you succeed.