Tuesday Morning Employee Reviews

Found 1,120 reviews matching the search See all 1,124 reviews
Good for a young part-timer
Part Time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  South Plainfield, NJNovember 19, 2018
Tuesday morning is your typical high school/college low discount retailer job. The staff is generally kind, and the work environment is low stress due to the nature of what is sold and the customers coming in. (Its a gift, home clutter, and misc. decor store....not a Walmart, or Target).

As a Sales Associate, you will cover just about everything in the store.

Throughout your shift, YOU will have a certain number of shopping carts (up to your manager) filled with untagged and boxed merchandise for you to get onto the sales floor. Some managers will give you a select time constraint for this, others won't.

The number of people covering the whole store averages pretty much to three at any given time. (Don't expect more than that unless something important is going on, and don't be surprised if it's literally just you and an assistant manager all shift.)

The assistant manager on shift will often be taking care of tasks in their office, or in the back with the inventory, so you have a lot of autonomy in the front as long as you finish your tasks.

Duties:
-Cleaning bathrooms
-Unloading trucks
-Pushing out, stocking, and assembling merchandise
-Manning the cash register
-Building the stores isles and display shelves.

The job has a great work-life balance and is reasonably flexible. Definitely good for a student.

One CON about the shifts is that often the schedule for the next week will not be made yet, and id only kept on a physical paper in the store.

(On 5h shifts, you get one 10min break. On 7 hour shifts, you get a 30min one.)
Just started here very relaxed
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Estero, FL 33928November 16, 2018
Very relaxed atmosphere... great discount good hours. benefits most employees are part time. I will update as I am here longer. I really don't have much to say yet
Pros
good hours friendly
Cons
low pay
Do not recommend this job
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLNovember 13, 2018
Corporate is circling drain with the company.
Just did yearly evaluations with employees. Average raise was 4 cents.
No payroll at all. Average employee 4-8 hours a week.
Store Management 45-80 hours a week.
Jack of all trades. You will be cashier. Unloader. Stocker. Do carry outs. Get buggies. Clean. Build furniture.
No help from District Manager and up.
Huge turnover cause lack of hours.
No work/family life balance. They will cancel your vacation and you lose the days.
Complaints fall on deaf ears. Then you are targeted for making complaints.
We are told to go on sites and write favorable reviews for the stores and company. To offset negative.
"Do more with less" is their new slogan. Explains the 10 hour cut in payroll.
Assistants about 9 an hour if lucky.
Cashiers about 7.50 an hour.
Good second job if want to make just enough money to pay for the gas to get to second job.
Pros
Cons
Company doesnt have a direction.
Very good management and great place to start your forst wearhouse experience
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 13, 2018
Easy going yet productive environment. Great management. Friendly and easy going kinda place to be. Job itself is very simple and easy, at times unloading floor loaded trailers get a bit tough but not hard. Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
Pros
Free food on special occasions.
Great first job
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Parkville, MDNovember 10, 2018
I really enjoyed my time working at tuesday morning, it was my first real job right out of high school. unloading trucks was fun, as well as helping the customers. small stores with small staff made it feel like a second family
It was a fun place to work untill the new dm came.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 9, 2018
Depending on the dm tuesday morning is a awsome place to work. It is stressful at times, but depending on the team you have makes it better. I would go back there if i could
Pros
Discount, pay, fast pace work place
Cons
Bad management, company cant make its mind up on how to do things
Very unorginized, poor management, and not a very clean workplace.
Cashier and, made nightly deposits (Former Employee) –  Western Springs, ILNovember 9, 2018
This was one of my first real job so at the time I didn't realize how unorganized the store and the management was. There were plenty of good workers but, there wasn't good management to have the store and employees to work together.
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  United StatesNovember 5, 2018
Very easy job, you always have to be on time. Make sure to put everything were it goes and organize as you go. Help unload the trucks when they would come and put then were they go and stack the boxes.
Pros
Lunch breaks
Cons
Heathcare
Run Forrest Run
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Bossier City, LANovember 4, 2018
Corporate is circling drain with the company.
Just did yearly evaluations with employees. Average raise was 4 cents.
No payroll at all. Average employee 4-8 hours a week.
Store Management 45-80 hours a week.
No help from District Manager and up.
Huge turnover cause lack of hours.
Complaints fall on deaf ears. Then you are targeted for making complaints.
"Do more with less" is their new slogan. Explains the 10 hour cut in payroll.
Assistants about 9 an hour if lucky.
Cashiers about 7.50 an hour.

*Your experiences may vary.

Store Manager is my title. Im just giving you a heads up.
Pros
20% but tax rate is 11%
Cons
No pay. No hours. No support from corporate
You will always be proving yourself
Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 4, 2018
They lied about how much they'd pay, they said there was room for advancement but they just make you work harder and hire outside people for management
Cons
no benefits, low pay, bad company culture
Talk about a lack of joy in employees
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Luis Obispo, CANovember 2, 2018
At Tuesday Morning, the employees are often overworked, underpaid, and underappreciated. This created a work environment that was desolate. Rarely did we have fun. Most of the time there were just complaints and inconsistencies within management. The store was rarely set to company standards, and always a disaster.
Too much work for too little pay
Associate (Former Employee) –  Humble, TXNovember 2, 2018
Got a job at another company, still party time but now as a bottom feeder at another company I make the same pay as their part time store managers. Although I have less stress and more hours as well as job security and better discounts than their management staff. Sure they have smaller stores but the store managers are put through the ringer and treated poorly so they are forced to expect more out of their employees. And if the employees mess up they fire the store managers instead.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Payment, hours, environment
fun work environment sometimes
Auditor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 1, 2018
I've worked here for a couple of years already and started with $11.00/hr and have been here over 2 yrs now and I only got .60 cents of a raise. They have a lot of favoritism, which they chose who they want to promote or not and the supervisors get involved with a lot of the employees personal issues.
Pros
paid break, had morning meetings and games
Cons
poor pay/raise, short break, favoritism, no promotions
Steady Job for the pay
Supervisor \ Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CANovember 1, 2018
This was a part time job that I had to help pay for the bills I had. I enjoyed working with the team, however, wished that I did get paid more money. Unfortunately I had to leave for more hours.
Could've been better
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Vacaville, CAOctober 30, 2018
Loved interacting with customers and getting cashier experience but, wasn't given much training and management was difficult to communicate with. Plus the hours were limited even for such a small team of workers.
Good Retail Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orland Park, IL 60462October 29, 2018
It can be tough to get hours sometimes, but others you'll be drowning in them. Corporate doesn't get in the way much which is always a plus. The pay is what you would expect for retail.
Structured but relaxed
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Amherst, NYOctober 27, 2018
Making sure store was ready to open and customers were happy. The store was in a small plaza. Hardest part of the job was the heavy lifting of large rugs and boxes.
Low Compensation/ No Work/Life Balance
Senior Accountant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 26, 2018
The company is a good company, however it has a low compensation compared to the work that is being done. There is no work/life balance here, and employees have a tendency to only stay around 10 months and they leave due to the work overload.
Pros
store discount
Cons
work/life balance
Hard work, but good people
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  TexasOctober 26, 2018
The unloading trucks and placing freight to sales floor is extreme activity every week. The merchandising is hard due to overstocking in some areas, but can be challenging and fun. The staff I have is well organised and hard working. We get everything accomplished as a team.
Pros
Hours are great for retail
Cons
Constant changes in policies
Dm is not great
Senior Sales Associate/ Manager (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen, NCOctober 25, 2018
We lost the sm asm and key holders and needed help from other stores and the dm never sent the help when it was needed. We had to beg for help and eventually had to go to the regional manager instead

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tuesday Morning. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Tuesday Morning.

Powered by Comparably