Tuesday Morning Employee Reviews

Found 1,167 reviews matching the search See all 1,171 reviews
Do not recommend this job
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLNovember 13, 2018
Corporate is circling drain with the company.
Just did yearly evaluations with employees. Average raise was 4 cents.
No payroll at all. Average employee 4-8 hours a week.
Store Management 45-80 hours a week.
Jack of all trades. You will be cashier. Unloader. Stocker. Do carry outs. Get buggies. Clean. Build furniture.
No help from District Manager and up.
Huge turnover cause lack of hours.
No work/family life balance. They will cancel your vacation and you lose the days.
Complaints fall on deaf ears. Then you are targeted for making complaints.
We are told to go on sites and write favorable reviews for the stores and company. To offset negative.
"Do more with less" is their new slogan. Explains the 10 hour cut in payroll.
Assistants about 9 an hour if lucky.
Cashiers about 7.50 an hour.
Good second job if want to make just enough money to pay for the gas to get to second job.
Pros
Cons
Company doesnt have a direction.
Run Forrest Run
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Bossier City, LANovember 4, 2018
Corporate is circling drain with the company.
Just did yearly evaluations with employees. Average raise was 4 cents.
No payroll at all. Average employee 4-8 hours a week.
Store Management 45-80 hours a week.
No help from District Manager and up.
Huge turnover cause lack of hours.
Complaints fall on deaf ears. Then you are targeted for making complaints.
"Do more with less" is their new slogan. Explains the 10 hour cut in payroll.
Assistants about 9 an hour if lucky.
Cashiers about 7.50 an hour.

*Your experiences may vary.

Store Manager is my title. Im just giving you a heads up.
Pros
20% but tax rate is 11%
Cons
No pay. No hours. No support from corporate
Fun workplace, great associate discounts
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Toms River, NJJanuary 2, 2019
Great management, fun place to work, flexible, outstanding products, great customers. Hardest part of the job is getting more hours as most positions are part time. Culture is relaxed, great learning opportunities in all aspects of retail management.
Cons: again, getting more hours to support yourself, relatively low pay and no benefits other than associate discount and opportunity to participate in company 401K, unless you're lucky enough to be hired full time.
Poor Work Environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  NCJanuary 4, 2019
Tuesday Morning has a knack for placing unethical and unprofessional individuals in leadership positions. In turn, these leaders then hire the same type of hourly associates. The work environment reflects that of your typical Wal-Mart (gossiping, lazy employees, irritable managers, fair weather customer service, and facades). Along with this, there is no means to truly advance within the company. Only the head store manager receives benefits with a full-time position.
Cons
No benefits, no accountability, outdated/insufficient technology
fun work environment sometimes
Auditor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 1, 2018
I've worked here for a couple of years already and started with $11.00/hr and have been here over 2 yrs now and I only got .60 cents of a raise. They have a lot of favoritism, which they chose who they want to promote or not and the supervisors get involved with a lot of the employees personal issues.
Pros
paid break, had morning meetings and games
Cons
poor pay/raise, short break, favoritism, no promotions
Customer service and profit.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Prescott, AZSeptember 22, 2018
Customer service was key to growing the business. Maintaining a fresh clean store to give the customer a wow experience. Coach staff and praise there successes to boost overall moral. Freight was always a challenge to unload and stock in timely fashion. Making it fun to see all the new products to show our customers. I worked on making it a fun and pleasant place for staff and customer which increased productivity and profit.
You will always be proving yourself
Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 4, 2018
They lied about how much they'd pay, they said there was room for advancement but they just make you work harder and hire outside people for management
Cons
no benefits, low pay, bad company culture
Low Compensation/ No Work/Life Balance
Senior Accountant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 26, 2018
The company is a good company, however it has a low compensation compared to the work that is being done. There is no work/life balance here, and employees have a tendency to only stay around 10 months and they leave due to the work overload.
Pros
store discount
Cons
work/life balance
High expectations for little incentive
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  NYSeptember 25, 2018
The main appeal of the job is the merchandise we sell and the regular customers we get to see, as well as desirable store hours. The work, however, is getting more fast-paced with ever-increasing, near unattainable goals but fewer tools to reach those goals (too few employees, too little hours, not enough pay).
Pros
Discount, store hours
Cons
Pay, no benefits, inconsistent hours
Current company mantra.."Do more with less"...or almost nothing.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  FloridaJune 19, 2018
The company only gives benefits to full time employees. In most stores the only full time person is the manager. In " open alone stores" there is ONLY 1 person in the store usually til round 1 or 2 in the afternoon, M-F. The store opens at 10. This makes it very difficult to give any type of customer assistance beyond the reguster area. A customer wants an 8x10 rug, well, you leave your front end unattended and hope for the best. Just got cut another 7 hours a week on budget. They now expect the trucks put up the same day. You are supposed to use 5 people, but you only have 8 hours for truck. That's 2 hours for 4 hourly or 1.6 for 5 hourly associates on truck day. Very unrealistic expectations from stores that only get a budget of 81 hours a week. The store is open 71 hours weekly.
All in all, I used to love my job, but I can no longer say that.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Not enough budgeted hours, Unrealistoc bonus goals, Not enough district support/supervision, Little to no pay increase for 5 plus years.
Productive workplace
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Farmers Branch, TXAugust 28, 2018
I like working with different cultures, learning different ways to get the job done. Working together as a team and doing the best job possible. I really like the people that video worked with, it was more like a family,
Pros
Free drawings to win prizes
Cons
No raises
Stressful failing company atmosphere
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMAugust 12, 2018
Minimum compensation for maximum effort is what I expect in sales level retail jobs, but i cant think of a worse job in retail that you get paid less for.
The company obviously pays as little as possible to maintain the stores, not only in employee compensation, but the technology and fixtures in the store are at least 15 years old and never in good shape..
You can forget being promoted unless you make unprecedented effort to break your back, but try not to think of the fact that you don"t have any health benefits while you preform borderline dangerous routine tasks.
Operations that you would expect to be outsourced such at unloading shipments and inventory are preformed by store staff.
Regardless of the fact that the manager promotes from the outside 95% of the time, most of the co-worker experiences I had were positive despite the constant, exorbitant pressure from corporate applied on everyone at the store level through growing employee responsibilities, shrinking project deadlines and nonsensical, ineffective strategies.
Pros
Friendly co-workers
Cons
Minimal compensation, Cranky customers, Surprisingly dirty, Overstocked store, Ridiculous procedures, Unnecessarily stressful
Good part-time job
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIDecember 7, 2018
Low stress and easy environment. Great second job. Friendly people to work with. Never the same thing two days in a row. Get to know the customers that come in on a regular basis.
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
no benefits only part-time hours
Just started here very relaxed
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Estero, FL 33928November 16, 2018
Very relaxed atmosphere... great discount good hours. benefits most employees are part time. I will update as I am here longer. I really don't have much to say yet
Pros
good hours friendly
Cons
low pay
horrible
assistant manager (Former Employee) –  TNSeptember 10, 2018
Tuesday Morning is a horrible company to work for. They do not care about their employees. Everyone is underpaid and overworked. Tuesday Morning has a very high turn over rate and a hostile work environment. This is by far the worst placed I have ever worked.
Cons
compensation, requirements
Average work environment
Sales Representative and stocker (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 11, 2018
No pay raises to be expected. Truck unloading is mandatory for all male hands at early hours once a week. Stocking shelves and customer checkout can become tiresome.
Cons
Great job, minimal hours.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJuly 16, 2018
Most employees aside from management only got 1-2 shifts a week, normally less than 15 hours per week. However, the job itself was not particularly taxing, when you actually got scheduled. They also had a habit of hiring new people even when current employees did not get enough hours.
Pros
Understand managment
Cons
Short breaks, lack of benefits.
Fun job! Loved the people I worked with!
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Yukon, OKMay 13, 2018
Loved my job and my team! The district manager was a hand full but I recently herd she is no longer with the company. It was a fun place to work! I do however think corporate could offer some type of compensation to the store managers for having to work other stores or move stores, that was one of the only things I disliked about the job! Being salary it made me feel used and abused never even got a thank you! As a store manager you will work a mandatory 60 plus hours a week with no overtime paid. Over all I loved my job and especially my team!
Pros
Discount, great employees
Cons
District manager, working other stores
too interesting
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Humble, TXNovember 30, 2018
The corporate office thinks that everyone wants to work just for a discount and not to pay their bills. Management is instructed by the district manager to hire in people at the least amount of pay and then expect them to come in with little notice. The employees normally had to have 2 jobs just to cover their bills. Store managers will get mixed instructions from the district manager that do not coincide with the regional manager.
Pros
discount
Cons
long drive time and long hours
Overworked, underpaid
Assistant manager (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJune 29, 2018
This is largest Tuesday Morning location in Florida, it is staffed the same as stores a third the size. Management expects same bottom line with a store five times the size. The current state of retail is only part time for all positions except store manager. No employee can earn a wage to live independently.
Pros
Cons
Pay, lack of benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tuesday Morning. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Tuesday Morning.

Powered by Comparably