TUFF SHED, INC. Employee Reviews

Used up and discarded
General Manager (Former Employee) –  SoutheastNovember 17, 2018
used to be about the people and good culture. now its all about bigger payouts for the top and doing whatever it takes to get there. no training and you better watch your back. they are quick to fire people without question or investigation. turnover is high and upper management can't be trusted. they will make sure to cover their tracks at ALL costs without question. no life outside of the company. 60-80 hours a week at a salary position. its all about numbers and how to work them to make the top look good. it used to be like a big family working there, owned by 1 man who cared about his employees. they are getting so big it has changed the people and the culture.. I've read this too big to fail story before.
Pros
good product, good benfits
Cons
no support, no training, too big to fail mentality now, no time for life outside work.
Great benefits, unreasonable expectations, micro management.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LADecember 6, 2018
The company as a whole is a pretty good company with good benefits, however the culture on the plant level is high pressure, little if any structured training, and unrealistic revenue goals that leave the customer base in the lurch.

Many members of management have come up through the company and the Tuff Shed play is all they know, as a consequence outside hires are given very little time to develop and grow into their roles resulting in a high turnover rate among employees. Growth opportunities as far as career are concerned are not as prevalent or great as portrayed during the hiring process.

You will not advance if you try to have any type of life outside of the job. Micro management is prevalent.
Pros
Good benefits.
Cons
Culture at plant level is not good. Micro management prevelent.
It is a great place to work if you like fast paced hard work.
Quality Control Inspector/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Overland, MODecember 12, 2018
The work was very hard but the days were not long. The pay was decent for an entry level position and the paid time off is great. It is not a controlled climate so filks that have trouble with hot days in the summer and cold days in the winter would have a rough time.
Pros
Fast paced
Cons
Poor management.
Need more training
Area Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLSeptember 14, 2018
I have worked for Tuff Shed for only a month and have received very little to no training. I fell that I am out in the field blind. I have been working out of a training manual. No one on one training. Lack of communication
The hardest part of my job is talking to customers about something i know little about and saying it with confidence.
Overworked and underpaid....treated like inmates
Prefav (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 6, 2018
Sarting pay was 14.00 an hr. And after a year and a half I got a whopping .35 cents for my review and that was max. There is no room for advancement there and you dont have a set job if your a fast worker you have to do everyone else's job and management dont rush the people who work slow.also we got one 15 min break and one 30 min unpaid lunch even if we worked 12 hours for that day.and management dont back the workers up all they worry about is the numbers not about the workers.
Pros
They hire felons....and people with no skills....and also no drivers license
Cons
Overworked and underpaid, worthless management.
If you work here, get all of your commissions before you quit.
Phoenix, AZ. Area Sales and Training Manager (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSSeptember 6, 2018
Great place to work, great flexibility for hours worked. Incredible amount of autonomy. Easy sales goals! Good commissions. They won’t pay commissions on buildings that haven’t been built if you resign, so keep this in mind.
Pros
Almost everything!
Cons
No final commissions
Very Misleading Place to work
Area Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 4, 2018
They say they want to promote within and you will make great money but as soon as I started here the commission structure changed and we all started making 2% commissions off our shed. Which is terrible. Don’t be wowed by this company’s reputation because there pay structure is terrible.
Pros
Good Hours and Benefits
Cons
Bad Pay
Place for a paycheck and no advancement
Order Puller/Forklift/Cutman (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 7, 2018
Very cut throat here and management just worries about the numbers and not the workers.the best person in the whole building is the human resources/accounting woman.without her that ship would sink.
Pros
If your a convicted felon your hired, no drivers license your hired, and cant read a tape measure "your hired.
Cons
Modern day slavery
Terrible Company!
Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  JAX, FLSeptember 5, 2018
They will pretend to train you, which they won't. The pay is terrible, and the bonuses do not exist. Management- if you can call it that have no clue what they are doing! The moment you do well, they get mad and take the credit. Terrible place to work.
Pros
autonomous working
Cons
everything about this company
I enjoyed the work
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAOctober 11, 2018
I really loved my job as their office manager. I would help draw out the shed and work very closely with our customers and make sure that nothing would not find its way of ruining their finished product.
Cons
Not being paid for hours worked
Would NOT work here again.
Production Manager/Supervisor/ Driver (Former Employee) –  Orange Park, FLNovember 2, 2018
Expected to work 12 hours or more a day and then get chewed out for working to many overtime hours to get the job done. Poor management and training from with-in Tuff shed. They only care about one thing and that is making money regardless of how they treat their people. Significant turn-around in laborers because of poor management and work conditions. Not a good place to work if you want to have a social life after hours because your to tired to do anything. Under staffed and over worked, single point failure for most positions, it takes weeks to train and new guy and by then he has had enough and moves on and the cycle starts all over again. In 10 months of opening a new store almost a 70% turnover in personnel in the fabrication shop. Poor work environment, staffing and management. Promises of $500 sign on bonus that never happened.
Pros
Stable job if you want to put up with the stressful environment.
Cons
Over worked and under staffed! Lack of training to do your job correctly and efficient.
Fast paced hard work
Shop Supervisor/ production manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALSeptember 18, 2018
If you love to work hard and take pride in your work you will be noticed great benefits great overall company I wish I would’ve found it sooner Tuff shed IS the leading shed builders in the world
Pros
Cons
In Florida it’s hot
Too much work. Too little time.
Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Tukwila, WAJanuary 4, 2019
Too many hours, too much work load for too small of a crew. Too many crew members calling in sick. Starting pay not enough to get good workers. Extremely fast paced.
Pros
Cons
too many hours. no time for a life.
Large turn over with employees
Production Manager / Shop Supervisor Duties (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVOctober 11, 2018
Tuff Shed is a great place to start. But the load of reguired work load starts to take over your personal life. Be prepared to work into LONG HOURS!!!!
Pros
Good benifits
Cons
Long hours reguired.
Good job, good daily hours just only lets certain people work everyday
Carpenter/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Picayune, MSJuly 4, 2018
I only worked there for about a month give or take and was promised a ride to work i hadba ride but i figured i would save gas. They only picked me up around 1 or 2 times per week but good job for someone who only needs about $100-150 a week.
Pros
Free lunch, water cooler on job
Cons
Lack of constant work
stressful and very heavy
Pre fabricator (Current Employee) –  Milpitas, CAJanuary 1, 2019
stressful and very heavy job.in summer time there’s a lot of order coming and its very busy season.we work more than 10 hours a a day on that season.in winter it slow.
Fun work
Perfab (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LASeptember 26, 2018
Always busy when I get to go to work and good work place and like the staff working hours are good and benefits are great and love working with my hands
Pros
Good people to work with
Cons
When work is slow
Great company
General Manager (Former Employee) –  La Feria, TXJuly 7, 2018
It was a great company, We began with each day to meet with staff to discuss schedule, work load and inventory. I was given the opportunity to advance within the company. Everyone worked together to ensure customer satisfaction and a great environment.
Good Place Hard Work
Wall Framer (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 26, 2018
It wasn't easy but it was fun. Early mornings and late nights are regular here but we all had a great comradery and the sense of accomplishment was outstanding. You don't feel like a cog in a machine. You feel like you have worth.
Good company. Some issues.
Area Sales Manager / Home Depot Division (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 1, 2018
Company grew to fast and forgot about who got them there - The Customer.

Emphasized Lead Management to severity. Although very important
they thought the sale was completely over after you "sold" the product on Salesforce.

My job starts before, during and after the sale.