TUFF SHED, INC.
49Low

TUFF SHED, INC. Employee Reviews

United States204 reviews
Was great place to work the shop supervisor was there to help how ever he could. Tuff shed did it’s best to keep everyone busy in the winter when construction is slow.
You are expected to be married to the job
You're expected to be married to the job you work 70 hours a week during the summer and less than 30 during the winter they treat their employees like tools.
Awesome
I worked with hard workers and dedicated people. Always made sure the job is well done. We paint the sheds careful and well done. The shed is halfway out together before we arrive.
Them people up there are racist and will discriminate against you with favoritism
These people are in the business of robbing you..they allow you to go build for them and as soon as something goes wrong then the installers gets the blame.. they done had 4 different GM within a 2year period because everyone that they hire has no clue of how to run a business
Pros
Stay away
Cons
Stay far away
The pay and the way they add up your profit shareing bonus is lame
They just dont pay you enough hourly . Theres lots of OT from march til sept. But come winter you only will get like 20-30 hrs a week. If you dont make there labor rate your whole monthly bonus is pocketed by the company. They keep changing how you get a bonus . look if they paid 18 an hour this job would be worth it .And if they had a different foreman that actually did his job and not just do his routine . Everyone else is cool to work for besides him .
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
It’s was both good and bad .
The company is good to learn and construct sheds. You learn a lot of cool things once you put your dedication and hard work . At times it may be tough but look forward for 16 hour days for the most part
Don't do installations for this company
Being and installer for tuff shed was ridiculous. When we first started working for them we were told to show up at 6am, far too often we would show up at that time and wait for two or more hours to be loaded with our shed pack. Literally every single shed we received to install was either missing pieces, had something cut wrong, or had something built wrong. Because of these mistakes we regularly would work more than 8 hours on a shed receiving 50$ or less for our work.on top of that anything we had to correct we were told we'd be paid for, we never received that payment. 10/10 would not recommend.
Tuff sheds a mess
Tuff shed is unorganized. They don’t have the best system to organize builds and what shed needs what trim. They also use cheap materials that aren’t satisfactory.
Pros
Seeing a cool finished product at the end of each day.
Cons
Hauling all the materials to build site from trailer. Bad pay.
The environment was toxic.
The actual job responsibilities weren't bad. I enjoyed working in the permitting field. The employees however were toxic. The office manager was caught taking pictures of my vehicle on my requested and approved time off. The manager never wanted to deal with the customer problems. Sales reps and contractors weren't held accountable for their actions. I had never been disrespected so much.
Poor Company to be a manager for
they will bleed you, will tell you there is a work/life balance then you find out that there isnt. will require you to do a job of 2 people for the price of 1.
Fun comany to work for.
I worked here for about 2 months. I was offered another role through a reputable company while still learning the position. The work was fun, and the schedule was flexible. The uniform was very relaxed, and comfortable. I really enjoyed my managers, and mentors. I sometimes wish I had stayed longer to get a better feel of the role, and company.
Good benefits/ Pay if your willing to do the work
Don't get me wrong they do offer great benefit on top of that 401k dental , vision and as of this year monthly bonuses and ESOP. But as far a as a career if you good in your position there no higher goals for you to
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Not a place to start a career
Great Job just have the wrong guys working there
Everyone there is slimy and as a supervisor you try to get rid of the guys that don’t work but instead they tell you no and the next you see is upper management taking up for them so now they have a shop full of guys who don’t want to work and expect to be paid and get raises. Summer time long hours ,winter time maybe 20 a week. But if you can go all day without working and get paid for it this is your type of job
Salary is ok but not worth the stress and time.
I was promised top notch training. Instead the guys who I was supposed to be supervising were training me. This undermined my ability to supervise. I was supposed to go to another store to be trained by someone in Management or another supervisor. They never did that because our store wasn't profitable,so no money for training. Very high turnover rate, long hours, poor training and no time for your family.
Very good company to work for.
Very pleased with atmospere inside work environment with other employees. Very team driven with exciting new goals on production that insures everyone's part is essential to succeed towards the goal and maintain that level with advancement opportunity/pay increase/benefits etc. Long work hours (sometimes). There is no "I" in TEAM. "Each one, Reach one, Teach one"
Pros
Pay/advancement/benefits/happy work environment most of the time
Cons
Long hours/ physical wear and tear on body
Awful management
They don’t care about employees! Poor management! Mistakes on almost everything! Unsafe vehicles, multiple dot Violations. Can’t keep any employees due to lack of care or advancement
No money, no trust, micro manage
You can’t trust a word anyone in management says, they will tell you one thing then do the other. Sad thing is they really sound sincere but could care less. The micromanagement from regional sales managers is insane. It is 100% impossible to make a decent living with this company as aN ASM. If you’re living in your moms basement and have no bills this could be the perfect job for you.
Work was plenty
If you don't mind spending time away from your family, then this is a good place to work at. There is always overtime available for anyone working in the warehouse.
If you are looking for advancement maybe its for you because people are constantly jumping ship.
This is a company that wants you to lie to its customers in order to make sales. They were totally unprepared to enter the North East Market and expect its Sales Mangers to lie to customers in order to keep them from canceling orders, because they never give you any updates on the status of any delays. Many employees have or are jumping ship!!
Directives comes from many different people and they are often not on the same page. This seem to cause confusion at times, but if it is addressed with he people concerned, it can usually be corrected quickly.
Being my first job in I.T.
It was the worst Experience I have ever experienced. I had a Hardware and Software incompetent Manager that didn't know what hardware was and was incompetent with virus removal. Often I would stay late fixing related issues to much successes, until I got tired of the Nagging about personal hygiene, in which the problem was not myself, but a ploy to get rid of me.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at TUFF SHED, INC.. Our community is ready to answer.
2.6