TUFF SHED, INC. Employee Reviews

Place for a paycheck and no advancement
Order Puller/Forklift/Cutman (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 7, 2018
Very cut throat here and management just worries about the numbers and not the workers.the best person in the whole building is the human resources/accounting woman.without her that ship would sink.
Pros
If your a convicted felon your hired, no drivers license your hired, and cant read a tape measure "your hired.
Cons
Modern day slavery
Overworked and underpaid....treated like inmates
Prefav (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 6, 2018
Sarting pay was 14.00 an hr. And after a year and a half I got a whopping .35 cents for my review and that was max. There is no room for advancement there and you dont have a set job if your a fast worker you have to do everyone else's job and management dont rush the people who work slow.also we got one 15 min break and one 30 min unpaid lunch even if we worked 12 hours for that day.and management dont back the workers up all they worry about is the numbers not about the workers.
Pros
They hire felons....and people with no skills....and also no drivers license
Cons
Overworked and underpaid, worthless management.
Great company
General Manager (Former Employee) –  La Feria, TXJuly 7, 2018
It was a great company, We began with each day to meet with staff to discuss schedule, work load and inventory. I was given the opportunity to advance within the company. Everyone worked together to ensure customer satisfaction and a great environment.
Fast paced work environment with 2 15 minute paid breaks
Painter/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ 85009July 6, 2018
Very ealry start. A lot of noise when the saws turn on and start cutting. Day goes by fast as long as there is work. Sometimes we took longer breaks .
Good job, good daily hours just only lets certain people work everyday
Carpenter/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Picayune, MSJuly 4, 2018
I only worked there for about a month give or take and was promised a ride to work i hadba ride but i figured i would save gas. They only picked me up around 1 or 2 times per week but good job for someone who only needs about $100-150 a week.
Pros
Free lunch, water cooler on job
Cons
Lack of constant work
Nice change of pace
Lead framer for Pre-fab team (Former Employee) –  Doraville, GAJune 28, 2018
A great place to work, can sometimes get stressful. Fast-paced environment that expects A+ quality. Management could be better, but overall great people and experience.
Helper (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 28, 2018
Good place to work at they give plenty of hours and they are great at training they are very patient and informative and make the work a lot easier for everyone
work hard
Contractor (Former Employee) –  LouisianaJune 5, 2018
It was a hard job. And long hours. And OK pay. But its a great job if you like to work with your hands and get to travel sometimes to other states. Other then that I enjoyed it for the most part
Good company. Some issues.
Area Sales Manager / Home Depot Division (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 1, 2018
Company grew to fast and forgot about who got them there - The Customer.

Emphasized Lead Management to severity. Although very important
they thought the sale was completely over after you "sold" the product on Salesforce.

My job starts before, during and after the sale.
Not for slackers
Pre-Fabrication Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 9, 2018
The right type of individual for the Tuff Shed shop is fast-paced and hard-working. The work hours are great (5AM - 2PM) - gives you plenty of time to do other things in the afternoon. But, if you are afraid of getting physical on the job, it's not for you.
Productive and fast paced environment
Installer/Laborer (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAMay 4, 2018
Great place to work, friendly workers, great superintendent, and a fun place to work, great environment and a reasonable salary, I would work the again.
Work comes first
Assistant Manager-Oregon Region (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 2, 2018
great company, but the company comes first. Often times I works 15 hour days and I was encouraged to work 6 sometimes 7 days a week. Although Tuff Shed puts out a great product, This is not the company to work for is you have a family and want to spend time with them.
Benefits
Cons
Not the best place to work if you have a family
Good company, Decent benefits
Sales design (Current Employee) –  MississippiApril 23, 2018
Good company just not a lot of support in my area, a lot of promises just no follow thru, be prepared to pay out of your pocket and have to wait a month to be reimbursed.
Cons
upper management, no support
They build sheds.
Fleet / Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 12, 2018
simple people, working hard to do simple things. If you are an independent thinker, keep on looking. If you enjoy being undercompensated and complacency, look no further.
While being at Tuff Shed
Fabricator (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 20, 2018
Working for Tuff Shed as a fabricator/ production worker I have learned a great deal. What is expected from the production floor varies from week to week. I have had the opportunity to learn each of the positions, which helps to make a well rounded employee. Management is fair but have to request clarification on many things due to their newness in the company. Often management require long work days.
Pros
Decent pay for honest work.
Cons
Many new employees underestimate the fact that work day is not typical 9 to 5.
no work life balance
General Manager/Production Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 19, 2018
Tuff Sheds culture is different from location to location. At the end of the day they believe in one similar thing. Profits before people. No real training on the management level. It is more of a sink or swim method.
Neat place to work
Master Builder (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 18, 2018
While I was at Tuff Shed I learned how to assemble the proprietary buildings in a fast and accurate manner. I was dealt with fairly given the fast paced and often stressful environment. I learned a lot about construction and was able to improve my customer service skills per situation. I was able to achieve a high level of responsibility and trust in a short amount of time. As an installer I was allowed to travel all over Northern Colorado and Southern Wyoming, building sheds and performing maintenance.
Depends on who your working with
Employee (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 15, 2018
Communication is not a strong point to the management team of Tuff Shed. Now if your a mind reader, then this is an awesome place to work. Pay is fair to average but raises are not. Too much work for the office staff to handle and no organization. Expectations are high but support from management is low.

Hard to keep your head above water when they keep dumping it on you.
Pros
Great benefits if you can stay employed there
Cons
Communication is one of their main weaknesses.
Productive workplace
Admin (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAMarch 12, 2018
The Company keeps you busy. it is a safe and fun workplace. Good benefits and PTO. Great people to work with and great customers. Management are always there for you.
Pros
company lunches
Cons
healthcare
Fast paced,
DRIVER/ WARRANTY REPAIR (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 25, 2018
Relaxed work environment, one second things are calm and the next it gets slammed on customer needs. Friendly atmosphere. would recommend as a good starter point .
Pros
Secure work place
Cons
Income should be more for going above and beyond//