TUFF SHED, INC. Employee Reviews

Would NOT work here again.
Production Manager/Supervisor/ Driver (Former Employee) –  Orange Park, FLNovember 2, 2018
Expected to work 12 hours or more a day and then get chewed out for working to many overtime hours to get the job done. Poor management and training from with-in Tuff shed. They only care about one thing and that is making money regardless of how they treat their people. Significant turn-around in laborers because of poor management and work conditions. Not a good place to work if you want to have a social life after hours because your to tired to do anything. Under staffed and over worked, single point failure for most positions, it takes weeks to train and new guy and by then he has had enough and moves on and the cycle starts all over again. In 10 months of opening a new store almost a 70% turnover in personnel in the fabrication shop. Poor work environment, staffing and management. Promises of $500 sign on bonus that never happened.
Pros
Stable job if you want to put up with the stressful environment.
Cons
Over worked and under staffed! Lack of training to do your job correctly and efficient.
Large turn over with employees
Production Manager / Shop Supervisor Duties (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVOctober 11, 2018
Tuff Shed is a great place to start. But the load of reguired work load starts to take over your personal life. Be prepared to work into LONG HOURS!!!!
Pros
Good benifits
Cons
Long hours reguired.
Fun work
Perfab (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LASeptember 26, 2018
Always busy when I get to go to work and good work place and like the staff working hours are good and benefits are great and love working with my hands
Pros
Good people to work with
Cons
When work is slow
Good job with good benefits
Framer (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LASeptember 21, 2018
This was a good job with good benefits the management just wasn’t all that great. The pay was good and the time off was excellent. The commute was no good
Fast paced hard work
Shop Supervisor/ production manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALSeptember 18, 2018
If you love to work hard and take pride in your work you will be noticed great benefits great overall company I wish I would’ve found it sooner Tuff shed IS the leading shed builders in the world
Pros
Cons
In Florida it’s hot
Need more training
Area Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLSeptember 14, 2018
I have worked for Tuff Shed for only a month and have received very little to no training. I fell that I am out in the field blind. I have been working out of a training manual. No one on one training. Lack of communication
The hardest part of my job is talking to customers about something i know little about and saying it with confidence.
If you work here, get all of your commissions before you quit.
Phoenix, AZ. Area Sales and Training Manager (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSSeptember 6, 2018
Great place to work, great flexibility for hours worked. Incredible amount of autonomy. Easy sales goals! Good commissions. They won’t pay commissions on buildings that haven’t been built if you resign, so keep this in mind.
Pros
Almost everything!
Cons
No final commissions
Terrible Company!
Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  JAX, FLSeptember 5, 2018
They will pretend to train you, which they won't. The pay is terrible, and the bonuses do not exist. Management- if you can call it that have no clue what they are doing! The moment you do well, they get mad and take the credit. Terrible place to work.
Pros
autonomous working
Cons
everything about this company
Very Misleading Place to work
Area Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 4, 2018
They say they want to promote within and you will make great money but as soon as I started here the commission structure changed and we all started making 2% commissions off our shed. Which is terrible. Don’t be wowed by this company’s reputation because there pay structure is terrible.
Pros
Good Hours and Benefits
Cons
Bad Pay
Admin/ Call Center
CO- Admin/Business Development Rep (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 21, 2018
I worked in two different job positions and locations for Tuff Shed, as an Admin for their location in Denver, CO and in their corporate office as a call center rep for chats and calls. As an admin, you spend your day being overworked and over stressed, you have to get paperwork together for builders for the next day, most of which aren't taken or are lost or never filled out. You have to submit signed paperwork to Home Depot so the company can get paid. You check AR logs and have to call people for payments. When I worked there the management was terrible and there was always chaos. When I switched to their corporate location, I voiced my concerns for the location and how sneaky stuff seemed to be going on. They allowed contractors to bring underage kids on site, they gave big builds to crews that were doing terrible and losing us customers, and more. In the BDC, their corporate office, there were 3 workers and then our manager. My manager was gone pretty much all day and one of my coworkers was on vacation a lot or didn't talk at all, so it was one guy teaching me. In my opinion, he should've been the BDC manager, but it wasn't my choice. Anyways, I ended up switching to the BDC after my manager never replied about me coming back from maternity leave. The BDC was really cool, I got to work from home every once in a while until my manager go sick of it and told me no more. It was about an hour commute from my house so I tried working from home when the weather was bad. After I left I found out they cleaned house in both the places I worked at because shady stuff was going on.  more... They left a lot on the BDC reps, making us cold call customers that sales rep didn't want to make and more. Thankful I left both places before stuff hit the fan, for lack of a better term. Miss the company though.  less
Pros
Pay, Hours, Laid Back Culture, Work from Home Opportunties
Cons
Place for a paycheck and no advancement
Order Puller/Forklift/Cutman (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 7, 2018
Very cut throat here and management just worries about the numbers and not the workers.the best person in the whole building is the human resources/accounting woman.without her that ship would sink.
Pros
If your a convicted felon your hired, no drivers license your hired, and cant read a tape measure "your hired.
Cons
Modern day slavery
Overworked and underpaid....treated like inmates
Prefav (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 6, 2018
Sarting pay was 14.00 an hr. And after a year and a half I got a whopping .35 cents for my review and that was max. There is no room for advancement there and you dont have a set job if your a fast worker you have to do everyone else's job and management dont rush the people who work slow.also we got one 15 min break and one 30 min unpaid lunch even if we worked 12 hours for that day.and management dont back the workers up all they worry about is the numbers not about the workers.
Pros
They hire felons....and people with no skills....and also no drivers license
Cons
Overworked and underpaid, worthless management.
Good Place Hard Work
Wall Framer (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 26, 2018
It wasn't easy but it was fun. Early mornings and late nights are regular here but we all had a great comradery and the sense of accomplishment was outstanding. You don't feel like a cog in a machine. You feel like you have worth.
Great company
General Manager (Former Employee) –  La Feria, TXJuly 7, 2018
It was a great company, We began with each day to meet with staff to discuss schedule, work load and inventory. I was given the opportunity to advance within the company. Everyone worked together to ensure customer satisfaction and a great environment.
Fast paced work environment with 2 15 minute paid breaks
Painter/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ 85009July 6, 2018
Very ealry start. A lot of noise when the saws turn on and start cutting. Day goes by fast as long as there is work. Sometimes we took longer breaks .
Good job, good daily hours just only lets certain people work everyday
Carpenter/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Picayune, MSJuly 4, 2018
I only worked there for about a month give or take and was promised a ride to work i hadba ride but i figured i would save gas. They only picked me up around 1 or 2 times per week but good job for someone who only needs about $100-150 a week.
Pros
Free lunch, water cooler on job
Cons
Lack of constant work
Nice change of pace
Lead framer for Pre-fab team (Former Employee) –  Doraville, GAJune 28, 2018
A great place to work, can sometimes get stressful. Fast-paced environment that expects A+ quality. Management could be better, but overall great people and experience.
Helper (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 28, 2018
Good place to work at they give plenty of hours and they are great at training they are very patient and informative and make the work a lot easier for everyone
work hard
Contractor (Former Employee) –  LouisianaJune 5, 2018
It was a hard job. And long hours. And OK pay. But its a great job if you like to work with your hands and get to travel sometimes to other states. Other then that I enjoyed it for the most part
Good company. Some issues.
Area Sales Manager / Home Depot Division (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 1, 2018
Company grew to fast and forgot about who got them there - The Customer.

Emphasized Lead Management to severity. Although very important
they thought the sale was completely over after you "sold" the product on Salesforce.

My job starts before, during and after the sale.