Tufts Health Plan Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Overall great culture, everyone comes to work to accomplish one common goal, and it shows in the work that is produced.
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Watertown, MASeptember 9, 2018
The culture at Tufts Health Plan is one of the best corporate cultures a employee could ask for. The organization continually works to promote from within, as well train their employees to advance their career. I highly recommend THP to all of my friends as not only a great place to start your career, because their are so many different areas within you can grow into.
A bad department within and amazing company
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  Watertown, MASeptember 2, 2018
Tufts Health plan as a company is a fantastic place to work. They have lots of benefits and genuinely care about their employees. However, the specific department that I worked for started going through changes in the last year. The changes resulted in mismanagement, poor morale, and work place politics that made advancement difficult and unfair. The compensation was not enough for the level of stress on this job and there was severe micromanagement with no room for creative thinking or independence.
Contract Position
Data Entry Operator/Vertexer (Former Employee) –  Watertown, MAAugust 31, 2018
This was a contract position and did not work there anymore. I wasn't there long enough to comment on how it was to work there. I do remember it was a nice fast paced environment.
Great Place to work at!
Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Watertown, MAAugust 23, 2018
One of my best work experiences. They promote optimum health for the employees. Pay is great. Workload is ideal. The people are great to work with. I can't really think of anything negative to say about Tufts.
Cons
no cons
I liked working there. I learned a lot.
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Watertown, MAAugust 22, 2018
I liked working there. I learned a lot. Friendly environment. I would work them in future if I have the opportunity but it is too far. It is very quite.
Great Company
Administrative Assistant III (Current Employee) –  Watertown, MAAugust 22, 2018
I love this company, would work here the rest of my life if I could. It's a far commute for me so I'm not sure I can do it forever but if I can make it work I will. Great company, great opportunities and great benefits.
Great job
Bilingual Member Services (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIAugust 21, 2018
I loved working there it’s an amazing place and the manager was amazing as well I wished it wasn’t so slow. I definitely recommend working there great pay
Simple environment with good staff
COB Investigator (Former Employee) –  Watertown, MAAugust 16, 2018
This was a great experience for me because it allowed me to see first hand what working in an office space is like. The staff was awesome and the pay was above average, especially for a young adult.
Decent health plan
Utilization Management RN (Former Employee) –  Watertown, MAAugust 6, 2018
involved with local community,
technology infrastructure enables work from home,
staff education and support,
company wide system upgrade not well executed,
high turnover,
Pros
employee cafe is a hit!
Cons
high rise cubicles - limited contact in a building full of people
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Watertown, MAJune 22, 2018
Responded to members inquiries in the most efficient manner.
• Collected and documented all details of member interaction (inquiry, comments and information) into the Tufts Health operating system.
• While logged in the phone queue, demonstrated expertise of job functions by minimizing call handle times, by actively listening, and probing providers during the initial call to determine the purpose of the call.
• Professionally educated providers on Tufts Health’s policies and procedures and how to effectively interact with Network Health to optimize the member’s experience.
• Demonstrated working knowledge of all information and updates pertaining to new and/or changes to existing: products, procedures, customers, across all business lines.
• Researched and provided information regarding, but not limited to, claims/reimbursement, eligibility, benefits, provider contract status, clinical/authorization procedures, online reference materials such as provider manual and payment policies.
Great Contract
HEDIS Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Watertown, MAJune 14, 2018
Worked in a great department. The management was great and I learned a lot about HEDIS and their reviews. It was a lot of work but worth working here in the long run
Unparalleled Benefits in a Relatively Relaxed Corporate Culture
Behavioral Health Intensive Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Watertown, MAJune 12, 2018
The culture at Tufts Health Plan is fairly fast-paced, but rather than feeling stressful, it usually feels exciting. The leadership are forthcoming about changes in healthcare and in our jobs and are very reassuring in times of tumult (such as a certain political regime change a few years ago). The benefits the company offers are amazing, with my personal favorites being pet health insurance and on-site massages.
Benefits
Cons
Can be fast-paced
Stressful
Pharmacy Benefits Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Watertown, MAJune 11, 2018
It is a difficult atmosphere to prosper in. There is a lot of nepotism. Advancement is difficult. The typical work day is tense with very little conversation.
benefits
Cons
atmosphere
Awesome atmosphere
HEDIS Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Watertown, MAJune 7, 2018
At Tufts, although often expected to meet deadlines in a timely manor, has a very relaxed and understanding culture. The cafeteria makes lunch easier to access and offers healthy food at great prices! Overall great atmosphere.
Project Leader/Technical Lead (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAMay 28, 2018
I enjoyed working at Tufts Health Plan. It was a good environment and I learned a lot while there. The workplace culture was very good and the people were great.
Working at Tufts
HEDIS COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 11, 2018
The commute to Tufts is not that bad. Its right off the red line Harvard stop and then you get on the 71 and it lets you off right in front of the building.
Productive, fast paced fun work experience
VOLUNTEER (Current Employee) –  Quincy, MAMay 1, 2018
I volunteer at Tufts Health Plan, every time I went we go to a festival, event, park, grocery store, ect. and give out gift bags and pamphlets. Which I had to stock and stuff all those bags prior the day before and also during the event. We would tell passerbys and anyone interested about Tufts and get them to try to switch there health plan over to Tufts. I learned how to work in a fast paced enviroment. The hardest part of the job was when we ran out of gift bags and I had to restock them, while people were lining up for a bag. The most enjoyable part of the volunteering was the people i worked with and meeting new people. Overall I think that this was a good experience for me.
Pros
Gaining experience
Cons
Fast paced
It was fine when I worked there
Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Medford, MAApril 30, 2018
It was a fine company to work for. Management was constantly balancing a lack of head count with urgent business and compliance priorities. The perks were not all that great, but the atmosphere among the employees was inclusive and amicable, a foxhole mentality. People legit cared about each other and helped each other out.
Great Health benefits
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAApril 24, 2018
Health Benefits were top notch.
Vacation time and PTO was standard.
40-50 hour work weeks in accounts were normal.
Management could have been more upfront with organizational health before layoffs occurred.
Nice place to work
Senior Strategic Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Watertown, MAApril 24, 2018
The people at Tufts Health Plan are amazingly kind and thoughtful of their customers and their clients. They are really behind in some technology though that makes it hard when the bend over backwards to say "yes" to a client and they really don't have the systems in place to do it--and then everything becomes a work around or a potential huge issue.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tufts Health Plan. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight