Tufts Health Plan Employee Reviews

Growing Company
Pricing Specialist / Claims Analyst (Current Employee) –  Watertown, MAOctober 29, 2018
Tufts Health plan on a whole is a good company .The culture is inclusive to a variety of cultures , ages , and Medical status. The flexibility of working from home is enjoyable and helpful ; when there are the bad snow days .
Cool Place
Customer Service Senior Specialist (Former Employee) –  Watertown, MAOctober 25, 2018
It was a cool place to work except that there was too much work gossip and such a high turn around rate that it sometimes affected our workload. The benefits were great and the time off was great.
Big company with a beautiful atrium
Claims Examiner and Senior Analyst/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Watertown, MAOctober 21, 2018
It has been a while, but I remember my data entry position entering insurance claims when I first started then was promoted to claims examiner and reviewing claims that were rejected due to diagnosis claims and procedure claims.
good place to work - tough time right now - they are growing too fast and can not keep up
Director of Precertification Operations (Current Employee) –  Watertown, MAOctober 2, 2018
Was a great place to work - not so much now - taking on so much new work but continue to be under resourced to meet deadlines timely and efficiently > have promoted me over the past 20 years and I am happy about that . They seem to have a difficult time balancing other work with IT work currently leaving important work effort to be managed without adequate resources .
Pros
management is sort of flexible
Cons
don't balance amount of work with expectations
Claims Processor (Current Employee) –  Watertown, MASeptember 29, 2018
Process Medical Claims
Receive schedule from management
Meet daily quote
Work with internal customers
review materials for correct processing rules
chance to work from home
Data entry and editing claims (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 9, 2018
Ver prroductive and fast learning place. Not much to say it was esiting claims all day long. Besides that i do not remember much. After a year i was laidoff
Overall great culture, everyone comes to work to accomplish one common goal, and it shows in the work that is produced.
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Watertown, MASeptember 9, 2018
The culture at Tufts Health Plan is one of the best corporate cultures a employee could ask for. The organization continually works to promote from within, as well train their employees to advance their career. I highly recommend THP to all of my friends as not only a great place to start your career, because their are so many different areas within you can grow into.
A bad department within and amazing company
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  Watertown, MASeptember 2, 2018
Tufts Health plan as a company is a fantastic place to work. They have lots of benefits and genuinely care about their employees. However, the specific department that I worked for started going through changes in the last year. The changes resulted in mismanagement, poor morale, and work place politics that made advancement difficult and unfair. The compensation was not enough for the level of stress on this job and there was severe micromanagement with no room for creative thinking or independence.
Contract Position
Data Entry Operator/Vertexer (Former Employee) –  Watertown, MAAugust 31, 2018
This was a contract position and did not work there anymore. I wasn't there long enough to comment on how it was to work there. I do remember it was a nice fast paced environment.
Great Place to work at!
Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Watertown, MAAugust 23, 2018
One of my best work experiences. They promote optimum health for the employees. Pay is great. Workload is ideal. The people are great to work with. I can't really think of anything negative to say about Tufts.
Cons
no cons

Want to know more about Tufts Health Plan?

Ask a question
I liked working there. I learned a lot.
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Watertown, MAAugust 22, 2018
I liked working there. I learned a lot. Friendly environment. I would work them in future if I have the opportunity but it is too far. It is very quite.
Great Company
Administrative Assistant III (Current Employee) –  Watertown, MAAugust 22, 2018
I love this company, would work here the rest of my life if I could. It's a far commute for me so I'm not sure I can do it forever but if I can make it work I will. Great company, great opportunities and great benefits.
Great job
Bilingual Member Services (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIAugust 21, 2018
I loved working there it’s an amazing place and the manager was amazing as well I wished it wasn’t so slow. I definitely recommend working there great pay
Simple environment with good staff
COB Investigator (Former Employee) –  Watertown, MAAugust 16, 2018
This was a great experience for me because it allowed me to see first hand what working in an office space is like. The staff was awesome and the pay was above average, especially for a young adult.
Decent health plan
Utilization Management RN (Former Employee) –  Watertown, MAAugust 6, 2018
involved with local community,
technology infrastructure enables work from home,
staff education and support,
company wide system upgrade not well executed,
high turnover,
Pros
employee cafe is a hit!
Cons
high rise cubicles - limited contact in a building full of people
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Watertown, MAJune 22, 2018
Responded to members inquiries in the most efficient manner.
• Collected and documented all details of member interaction (inquiry, comments and information) into the Tufts Health operating system.
• While logged in the phone queue, demonstrated expertise of job functions by minimizing call handle times, by actively listening, and probing providers during the initial call to determine the purpose of the call.
• Professionally educated providers on Tufts Health’s policies and procedures and how to effectively interact with Network Health to optimize the member’s experience.
• Demonstrated working knowledge of all information and updates pertaining to new and/or changes to existing: products, procedures, customers, across all business lines.
• Researched and provided information regarding, but not limited to, claims/reimbursement, eligibility, benefits, provider contract status, clinical/authorization procedures, online reference materials such as provider manual and payment policies.
Great Contract
HEDIS Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Watertown, MAJune 14, 2018
Worked in a great department. The management was great and I learned a lot about HEDIS and their reviews. It was a lot of work but worth working here in the long run
Unparalleled Benefits in a Relatively Relaxed Corporate Culture
Behavioral Health Intensive Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Watertown, MAJune 12, 2018
The culture at Tufts Health Plan is fairly fast-paced, but rather than feeling stressful, it usually feels exciting. The leadership are forthcoming about changes in healthcare and in our jobs and are very reassuring in times of tumult (such as a certain political regime change a few years ago). The benefits the company offers are amazing, with my personal favorites being pet health insurance and on-site massages.
Benefits
Cons
Can be fast-paced
Stressful
Pharmacy Benefits Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Watertown, MAJune 11, 2018
It is a difficult atmosphere to prosper in. There is a lot of nepotism. Advancement is difficult. The typical work day is tense with very little conversation.
benefits
Cons
atmosphere
Awesome atmosphere
HEDIS Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Watertown, MAJune 7, 2018
At Tufts, although often expected to meet deadlines in a timely manor, has a very relaxed and understanding culture. The cafeteria makes lunch easier to access and offers healthy food at great prices! Overall great atmosphere.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tufts Health Plan. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight