Tufts Health Plan Employee Reviews

Senior Auditor (Former Employee) –  Watertown, MAMarch 10, 2019
Tufts health Plan is not a big organization but offer great work life balance.
I am not sure if there is many opportunities For professional growth and development. The organization seems to be very involved in volunteering which is great. Aldo I think they offer a great salary.
Pros
Great wellness programs and health care insurance
Cons
No cons, except that location. Usually heavy traffic to get to Watertown
great place
Asset Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Watertown, MAMarch 7, 2019
i worked on internship. i learned a lot about computers specifically desktop support and asset. on my first day everyone was very welcoming, and had no problem helping me if i needed help
Good organization, focused leadership
Director Medical Cost Innovation (Current Employee) –  Watertown, MAFebruary 27, 2019
Strong regional health plan. Positive and respectful work environment. Opportunities to experience different roles. Flexibility and autonomy in managing teams and implementing strategy.
Fun place to work out of college
Provider Specialist (Former Employee) –  Watertown, MAFebruary 11, 2019
Great team environment as I was young and working with all other twentysomethings. Great and very thorough training program for new employees. Definitely felt prepared to do my job once the three week training program was complete.
Pros
commute at the time
Cons
Management babysat
productive and fun workspace
Healthcare Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Watertown, MAFebruary 1, 2019
A typical day at Tufts Health Plan is very laid back. I learned to work as a team. I learned so much about Healthcare and how it works. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to work remotely and the flexibility that Tufts Health plan offers. The most difficult part of my job is dealing with angry providers that call to try to resolve claim payments or issues with their demographic information. One of the pros are a lot of activities the company takes part in with their employees. This makes employees less stressed and feel more valued.
great company
Program Coordinator, Clinical Quality Improvement (Former Employee) –  Watertown, MAJanuary 25, 2019
Tufts Health Plan is a great place to start and grow in . They provide excellent benefits and really work hard at allowing employees a work life balance.
Working here can be a challenge
Enrollment Analyst (Current Employee) –  Watertown, MAJanuary 22, 2019
Working here at Tufts Health Plan can be a challenge. Everyday there's potential for an issue to arise for a member that needs a fast resolution. Or the enrollment system we use can have big defects that affect the enrollment department. So part of my current responsibility I have to jump on those issues and get them resolved quickly as possible
Pros
Free Parking
Cons
expensive lunches
Amazing benefits, not easy to advance
Pharmacy (Current Employee) –  Watertown, MAJanuary 15, 2019
The benefits are like no other, however, if you are looking to advance your career once is often stuck in their current role. Creation of new roles for advancement is not something is done. Be prepared to have a 4-year degree with a large amount of experience before trying to advance. Company is not willing to train, you must come with the knowledge.
Benefits
Cons
unable to advance without a degree or large amounts of expereince
productive and well displined place to work at
sr QA Analyst (Current Employee) –  RemoteJanuary 13, 2019
i was working remotly for tufts , it was a very good experience , even though i was working remotely my supervisor was so wise and professional and handeled the projects professionally .
Great place to work!
Benefit System Specialist (Current Employee) –  Watertown, MAJanuary 10, 2019
Tufts Health Plan is great place to work. I work as a contract worker. I would have loved to stay but there was nothing available at the time I was there.
Pros
Diverse staff, Hard workers, promote from within, free parking
Cons
Computer systems need to be updated
Great environment
Secure Horizons Provider Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Watertown, MAJanuary 8, 2019
It was a great company to work for. You'd come right in log on the phones and start your day of questions from clients. Management was involved and professional at the same time. The setting of this work place was comfortable.
Pros
Lunch room with food on site
Cons
Being laid off
Nice Place to start
Supervisor, Operations (Current Employee) –  Watertown, MAJanuary 4, 2019
THP is a good start to a career in health insurance. Daily you will be assigned a task depending on your area as there are many. There is no short of meetings within the company and a lot of things are cross departmental.
Hetic
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Watertown, MAJanuary 1, 2019
Working at tufts was a roller coaster, some good days but more so more BAD DAYS you’re expected to adhere to your scedhule get yelled at by members and basically just take it... my team lead was a complete narcassit very condescending, but I guess that’s what happens when you’re miserable and you want to make everyone around you miserable as well. Overall this is an environment for people who has attentive listening skills and shows compassion..
Pros
Free lunches sometimes, overtime
Cons
Short breaks for temps no PTO
N/A (Current Employee) –  Watertown, MADecember 26, 2018
Great environment, lots of diversity and brimming with perks and benefits. Location is tough to get to so commute can be tough depending on where you live. The pay is not Boston scale, its low compared to others in the area.
Pros
Too many to list
Cons
Commute can be tough, lower pay
Tufts Health Plan
Claims Processor (Former Employee) –  Watertown, MADecember 12, 2018
Good company with great benefits any most positions offer to work remote as a option. Room for advancement is tonight and the managers there aren’t that great
Benefits
Cons
Advancement and management
Not a good experience for me.
UTILIZATION MANAGEMENT NURSE (Former Employee) –  Watertown, MANovember 26, 2018
Management was unapproachable and unfriendly. Stressful environment, all about the numbers/productivity. Workplace culture was horrible. Salary and benefits were decent, but not worth the stress.
Pros
Salary
Membership Coordinator
Membership Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Watertown, MANovember 13, 2018
Good company to work in. They are very big and getting everyone involved, team work and overall employee well being. I did get the opportunity to learn a lot during the short period of time I was there.
Growing Company
Pricing Specialist / Claims Analyst (Current Employee) –  Watertown, MAOctober 29, 2018
Tufts Health plan on a whole is a good company .The culture is inclusive to a variety of cultures , ages , and Medical status. The flexibility of working from home is enjoyable and helpful ; when there are the bad snow days .
Cool Place
Customer Service Senior Specialist (Former Employee) –  Watertown, MAOctober 25, 2018
It was a cool place to work except that there was too much work gossip and such a high turn around rate that it sometimes affected our workload. The benefits were great and the time off was great.
Big company with a beautiful atrium
Claims Examiner and Senior Analyst/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Watertown, MAOctober 21, 2018
It has been a while, but I remember my data entry position entering insurance claims when I first started then was promoted to claims examiner and reviewing claims that were rejected due to diagnosis claims and procedure claims.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tufts Health Plan. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.3InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

3.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight