Tufts Health Plan Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great Contract
HEDIS Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Watertown, MAJune 14, 2018
Worked in a great department. The management was great and I learned a lot about HEDIS and their reviews. It was a lot of work but worth working here in the long run
Unparalleled Benefits in a Relatively Relaxed Corporate Culture
Behavioral Health Intensive Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Watertown, MAJune 12, 2018
The culture at Tufts Health Plan is fairly fast-paced, but rather than feeling stressful, it usually feels exciting. The leadership are forthcoming about changes in healthcare and in our jobs and are very reassuring in times of tumult (such as a certain political regime change a few years ago). The benefits the company offers are amazing, with my personal favorites being pet health insurance and on-site massages.
Benefits
Cons
Can be fast-paced
Stressful
Pharmacy Benefits Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Watertown, MAJune 11, 2018
It is a difficult atmosphere to prosper in. There is a lot of nepotism. Advancement is difficult. The typical work day is tense with very little conversation.
benefits
Cons
atmosphere
Awesome atmosphere
HEDIS Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Watertown, MAJune 7, 2018
At Tufts, although often expected to meet deadlines in a timely manor, has a very relaxed and understanding culture. The cafeteria makes lunch easier to access and offers healthy food at great prices! Overall great atmosphere.
Project Leader/Technical Lead (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAMay 28, 2018
I enjoyed working at Tufts Health Plan. It was a good environment and I learned a lot while there. The workplace culture was very good and the people were great.
Working at Tufts
HEDIS COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 11, 2018
The commute to Tufts is not that bad. Its right off the red line Harvard stop and then you get on the 71 and it lets you off right in front of the building.
Productive, fast paced fun work experience
VOLUNTEER (Current Employee) –  Quincy, MAMay 1, 2018
I volunteer at Tufts Health Plan, every time I went we go to a festival, event, park, grocery store, ect. and give out gift bags and pamphlets. Which I had to stock and stuff all those bags prior the day before and also during the event. We would tell passerbys and anyone interested about Tufts and get them to try to switch there health plan over to Tufts. I learned how to work in a fast paced enviroment. The hardest part of the job was when we ran out of gift bags and I had to restock them, while people were lining up for a bag. The most enjoyable part of the volunteering was the people i worked with and meeting new people. Overall I think that this was a good experience for me.
Pros
Gaining experience
Cons
Fast paced
It was fine when I worked there
Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Medford, MAApril 30, 2018
It was a fine company to work for. Management was constantly balancing a lack of head count with urgent business and compliance priorities. The perks were not all that great, but the atmosphere among the employees was inclusive and amicable, a foxhole mentality. People legit cared about each other and helped each other out.
Great Health benefits
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAApril 24, 2018
Health Benefits were top notch.
Vacation time and PTO was standard.
40-50 hour work weeks in accounts were normal.
Management could have been more upfront with organizational health before layoffs occurred.
Nice place to work
Senior Strategic Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Watertown, MAApril 24, 2018
The people at Tufts Health Plan are amazingly kind and thoughtful of their customers and their clients. They are really behind in some technology though that makes it hard when the bend over backwards to say "yes" to a client and they really don't have the systems in place to do it--and then everything becomes a work around or a potential huge issue.
Poor pay and benefits
Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Medford, MAApril 18, 2018
The department was run poorly and there was no room for advancement. The management team did not care about their employees advancements, and did nothing to provide a structured environment.
Pros
Work remote
Cons
Low pay, management, benefits, vacation time
Worst management I've ever worked for
Claims Processor (Former Employee) –  Watertown, MAApril 18, 2018
Tufts health plan is not a worker friendly employer. I worked in the claims department for over 4 years and the training was horrific. It is a set up for failure as they have a audit team that audits for any mistakes you make and without proper training you will will fail. Tufts uses a system from 1988 to process claims and it doesn't work very well. The system makes mistakes that you will be blamed for and you will have no way around it. Their pay rate well, it's not good either and do not expect a raise or a bonus its not going to happen. As soon as you start speaking up they will find a way to get rid of you. The management team starting with the director of claims does not have a clue on how to get a proper system in place as far as too better the employee and working environment. Working from home is a joke you will be in the office more then you should. I worked with people who worked for tufts 15+ years and scared to lose their job everyday they work. Very stressful working conditions.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
management, training, no growth
Very busy company to work for
Customer service representative for the seniors (Former Employee) –  Watertown, MAApril 11, 2018
This was a temp assignment for me and the company itself is pretty decent and can be fast paced on its busy days. The agency that recruited me and sent me to the position, was not my kind of agency to represent. I did not feel supported as I did with other agencies.
Cons
Poor support
Specific to tufts health public plans (marketing dept)
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Watertown, MAApril 4, 2018
I used to work in the marketing department for public plans. It was rated the lowest morale for the entire organization. There was constant change and misdirection. The team was demeaned all the time. THPP makes less money than counterparts on the enterprise side for the same or more work. Managers are a constantly changing or getting fired and it's very unstable. A lot of false promises made to all.
Pros
gym, company culture, social events
Cons
thpp culture is not the same as the enterprise, managers are given impossible tasks
Claims Assistant (Former Employee) –  Watertown, MAApril 4, 2018
Management were seldom prepared with effective strategies for increasing workload and shunned employee ideas in meetings. Staff collaboration was always persistent and dedicated. I enjoyed the company culture.
Pros
Staff collaboration and company culture.
Cons
Management was often unprepared
Overall Positive work enviroment
Senior Manager Clinical Strategy (Current Employee) –  Watertown, MAMarch 21, 2018
frustrated with opportunity for job advancement; very flexible with work- life balance; ability to work remote in many roles; difficult to break into other departments
You're Not Retired Yet...
Department Intern (Former Employee) –  Watertown, MAMarch 13, 2018
I enjoyed the time I spent as a temp at Tufts Health Plan. From what I learned from various permanent employees, there is a serious problem with some of the managerial branches at this company. As I came to understand a lot of the managers are older and planning to retire with the next few years. A lot of the departments have stagnated as a result of said managers not wanting to "rock the boat" and make the, in some cases, necessary changes to create a conducive work environment for the employee's they supervise.
Productive and Fun Place
Sr. Full Stack Dot Net Developer (Former Employee) –  Watertown, MAMarch 9, 2018
I consider lucky to work with the company, providing exceptional opportunity to learn new technologies. The managers have the flawless operation of where want the company to go. Definitely would recommend for starters looking to make a career in IT.
Antiquated and slow moving
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Watertown, MAFebruary 27, 2018
Limited work life balance. Challenging management structure. Senior leadership out of touch with day to day operations. Lack of understanding for challenges.
Great workplace
Outreach Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Somerville, MAFebruary 13, 2018
Staff is amazing. Management encourages new ideas and changes. Plenty of free activities are provided to employees and employees' families at the company and outside venues.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tufts Health Plan. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight