Tufts Medical Center Employee Reviews

Pharmacy Politics
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 30, 2018
pharmacists/coworkers say racists things to the techs. techs compete with one another for advanced training & sabotage each other.

unless you're a suck up to the unethical lead techs here, you're screwed.
Pros
Downtown
Cons
staff/management
Review
Ambulatory Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 4, 2018
Tufts Medical Center does work on constantly trying to find ways to improve in order to provide better services to patients. They do provide job opportunities and some growth in career.
management
Hospitality Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 16, 2018
As a Manager you are not treated fairly even if you are a really hard worker and do everything your suppose to do . You job is based on how much you're liked and i believe race plays a big part
Needs Improvement
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 12, 2018
Overall not a very bad place to work. Improvement is needed. Staff is usually helpful and friendly. Management needs improvement towards both staff and patients.
fast paced
Administrative Assistant, Trauma Division (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 9, 2018
on a typical day we have cases to review, patient clinic scheduling, organizing calendars, setup meetings, keep logs on the discharged patients, attend phone calls to assist patients. I learned a lot of new keys to organizing, prioritizing, managing office, schedule surgeries, work ethics on advance level. The hardest part of the job is the nature of the department. With unpredictable day at work, sometimes can require multitasking and prioritizing the patients and their needs. The most rewarding part of the job is to be able to provide assistant to the physicians and the patients which made me feel I had some contribution to the patients well being.
Pros
great learning experience
Cons
the workload can be overwhelming
Good place to learn a lot!ÿ
Physician Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 19, 2018
Great staff. Extremely dedicated to the patients. As a patient I loved Tufts and would recommend the medical center for a multitude of diseases. As an employee there was plenty of collaboration. Senior leadership very approachable and always willing to listen.

Tufts leadership tend to raise people up through the system. Start with a floor nurse and keep piling on responsibilities until that person is doing twice the work, but with no or very little increase in pay-maybe a new title too.
Pros
Dedicated Employees
Cons
Pay at about 60% of other major medical centers
great work place
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 18, 2018
I have to say it was a lot of work and being on my feet all the time there is always work to be done i enjoy everything that was there great environment and people to work with
Pros
steady hours, good co workers, enjoyable work place
Cons
no con
Was able to learn so much in this position.
Staff Nurse Critical Care Float Pool (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 14, 2018
As a Critival Care Float you get to work in every ICU. Learn all the policies pf each ICU. It allows you to expand your knowledge of ICU expedentially.
Pros
Opportunity to learn.
Cons
not always able to get a break based on acuity.
Internship (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 30, 2018
The Human Health and Safety Department at Tufts was a great internship for someone just starting there career. The workplace culture was very professional and you were never felt left out.
Pros
lunches
Cons
only and internship
Finance
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 29, 2018
The Finance team at Tufts needs restructuring. There is no room for growth and upper management is not open to change. The processes are so old and really need to be updated. Upper management does not recognize you unless you're a manager or "senior" accountant. Everybody else is just a "body in a seat". Honestly if you're looking for career growth and opportunity DO NOT choose Tufts!
Pros
Cons
No room for advancement. No recognition unless you're a senior

Want to know more about Tufts Medical Center?

Ask a question
Difficult place to work but has benefits
Human Resources Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 27, 2018
The workplace culture can sometimes be difficult to navigate. a typical day at work may be frustrating. However, I have learned a lot at my meany years working at Tufts. For instance, it is where I gained a lot of my professional skills. and more extroverted. The most enjoyable parts of the job was bonding with some of the colleagues and finding new ways to deal with difficult situations.
Clinical Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 27, 2018
I enjoy working at Tufts Medical. I feel like management treat everyone the same way. My manager always make sure that everyone is up to date with any changes
Very little communication. Office was in the basement located under the ER.
Administrative Assistant-ED (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 26, 2018
I didn't feel the job was what I expected. If I had seen the job description online while applying, I would not have taken it. When I was called in for an interview, the job I originally applied for had been filled and the position was offered to me at the time. I accepted it on the strength that it would be a good fit but it turned out to be something other than that.
Great place to start your career
RN team member (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 17, 2018
Would promote from within, but only to a certain level. Would recommend them and use them as a reference.

Do not always appreciate how hard everyone is working with limited human resources.
Pros
growth from within
Cons
very hard to manage resources were very limited
Rewarding but stressful job.
Public Safety Officer (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 15, 2018
Tufts Medical Center Public Safety does a fine job upholding and maintaining hospital policy. We protect patients and staff every day and night, 24/7 and if asked, many staff members and patients would agree that we do our job very well.
A teamwork place. Respectful place to work.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 13, 2018
My condolences workers were my second family. We took very good care of our patients and they loved us for it.They always rewarded us with meals.I love working at tufts.I took care of the patients like if they were my mom or dad.I even would comfort them before and after their surgery.
Pros
Every day we had free food from Doctors or patients.
Cons
Lots of time to enjoy every short meeting.
Great Place to work
Manage Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 12, 2018
I loved working at Tufts medical. Great Culture and excellent medical facility. I would have recommended several family members to apply. Many hired.. Thumbs up from me
Pros
Flexibily
Cons
Parking
Great
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 6, 2018
Great place to work. I love all the people I work with as anurse on a day to day basis. MNA union hospital with great pay and good benefits. I really cant say too much bad
previous job
Staff Nurse I (Former Employee) –  Boston, MA 02111July 30, 2018
It was a great starting job. I learned a great deal here and as a new nurse, I had great guidance on many things, including time management, organization, as well as to better my nursing assessments with various patient population. The people who took me under their wings made a great difference in my life in general which I will forever take with me.
Pros
diversity of patietns
Cons
commute
Great Training
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 29, 2018
Many opportunities for new graduates to learn and develop their nursing skills. Co-op opportunities for college students allow for smooth transition from student to nurse.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tufts Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.5Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss