Tufts Medical Center Employee Reviews

Good hospital to work for!
Travel Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 14, 2018
Tuft has been a great hospital to work for in the past. People were friendly and easy to work with. Travel into Boston is always chaotic and you have to plan ahead.
Review
Senior Recruiting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 11, 2018
TMC offers many resources for allied health workers. TMS also has a very large life sciences research area. TMC is a great place for entry level life science research careers.
great place to work
IR Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 11, 2018
great place to work. many great people and great patients. overall I would have stayed on if I didn't move. pay could have been better. management could have re-laid more information better.
Love my coworkers
Ophthalmic Photographer I (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 9, 2018
The best thing about my job is the people I work with. Management is okay. Clinical setting can be chaotic. The doctors sometimes see too many patients than we have room for. It's hard balancing clinic and paperwork a lot of days.
pruductive
Patient Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 31, 2018
fast pace environment
ability to learn new things specially communication skills, be friendly and compassionate of people in need.

hardest part of the job was seeing on a daily basis how sick some patients are.

Best part was helping them out
great learning experience
Admitting Representative/ER Registration (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 25, 2018
I enjoyed my time working at tufts. A typical day at tufts is busy because it's in the middle of everything. working in the ED I know about fast paced, although it could also be slow sometimes. work culture i think is the same everywhere, cliques here and there, a few disagreeable characters and some really inspirational ones. The hardest part of the job is communicating with management, that is, in my department, I didn't have this issue in the department I worked in previously. The most enjoyable part of the job would be the patients, some of them could be real trouble but overall they are the reason, and also the thought that I'm learning too.
Snapshot review of my experience
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 23, 2018
I enjoy working with everyone, physicians, other nurses, support staff, environmental services. Networking is important and valued in my daily work routine. The hardest part of my job is meeting so many demands in a timely fashion in the heme/onc outpatient setting (which is newer to me at the moment). The most enjoyable part of the job is making so many people happy and being depended upon to help patients navigate from diagnosis, testing, treatment, maintenance or in some cases improve quality of life and therefore withdraw treatment.
Pros
educational opportunities
Cons
limited positions for a Master prepared nurse
Tufts Medical Center is a great place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 17, 2018
The nursing force at TMC is going though some growing pains. We are member sod the MNA and after a strike in the summer of 2017, we are currently trying to regain trust and confidence in the medical center. The compensation could be better, and there should be a greater emphasis on retirement benefits. Thankfully we maintained some strong benefits during out last contract negotiations.
Pros
free parking at nigh, permanent night shift differential
Cons
limited resources on off shifts, below competitive wages.
Grateful
CONTACT CENTER SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 17, 2018
I am but very grateful for the opportunity given at Tufts Medical Center as I went over to work for Hallmark Health. I love this organization and hope it is as loyal to me as I have been to it.
Collaborative and enjoyable
Summer Intern for Volunteer Services (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 6, 2018
From my personal experience, it was a job where I can feel at ease about my work environment. The people were kind and respectful. Most importantly, the job was stress-free and actually relaxing.
Pros
Stress free work
Cons
Short Breaks
day a work
Provider Enrollment Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 26, 2018
get on time, started with all my email and response to all my email. started working with my enrollment applications. work on my QUICS. make phone call if I need to.
horrible
Senior Coding Analyst HIM (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 24, 2018
direct management was great however she was helpless as the director director of him) her manager is unprofessional, starts trouble gossips about peoples personal lives picks on co workers. does not delegate work acordinally nor does understand about the work flow
Very knowledgeable staff
Intensive Care Unit Registered Nurse (Travel) (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 20, 2018
Very professional setting with a teaching atmosphere and many nurses willing to teach new procedures and the openness to ask questions and learn. I was very satisfied with the environment and nurses were very professional
typical day at work
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 19, 2018
Gained wonderful relationships with patients. Learned not everyone you can talk with. Keep a smile at all times, things may get tuff but never give up
great
Unit Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 18, 2018
great hospital experience. lots of different units to work on. very friendly staff. good managment. flexible hours and pay. lots of places to dine as well
Leadership issues, low pay, do not promote growth.
Systems Administrator/Citrix Administrator (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 15, 2018
My job on a daily basis is enjoyable. Unfortunately, many members of the department are condescending, two faced and prevent growth within the company. Due to being a non-profit, salary does not match market value. Management is not involved as much as they should be. Favoritism. After getting comfortable, mundane and no longer challenging other than dealing with the politics that take precedence over knowledge and experience. It is not a bad place to work for 2-3 years for experience in many areas, but nothing that would be worth staying there.
Pros
Good healtcare, easy to get to doctor's appointments.
Cons
Please see above.
Working in medicine is often unhealthy
Inpatient Unit Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 13, 2018
My favorite aspect of working at Tufts Medical is collaborating with and assisting medical staff in caring for patients and their families. I appreciate and contribute to our ethos of care with a friendly smile. That said, I wish a higher proportion of my coworkers realized we are all in this together, that berating each other is unhelpful and denying breaks to staff doesn't promote the best performance.
Inspiring
Accounts Payable Clerk (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 10, 2018
Tufts is great place to work you see the fruits of all your hard work on a daily. I learned a great deal from my manager and co workers.
I will truly miss it.
Productive Health Care
Switchboard Operator (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 5, 2018
Looking For A Great Community To Work In The Health Field.

Contact Tufts Medical Center.

Contact Call Center

Security

House keeping

Transport

Accessible To Public Transportation

Contact Tufts Medical Center For Jobs
Great Teaching Hospital
Medical Lab Tech Intern (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 4, 2018
I loved being there is a very quick paced environment and I learned a lot there. The staff was great and they are very experienced at what they do you will be able to see every part of the lab and how they function independently.
Pros
Great Learning environment
Cons
Quick paced

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tufts Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.4

2.2Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Tufts Medical Center Reviews by Location