Tufts Medical Center Employee Reviews

Don't work here
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 16, 2019
Not a very fun culture. It's all "playing the game"..A lot of playing your politics. If you don't it's looked down upon.

The insurance is good if you use their providers. If not very high co-pays.
Great people to work with
Student intern in the Human Resource department (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 16, 2019
Got this internship and was very excited to work with something that I always have been wanting to work with.
Turned out that the job was not for me but had a great experience and excellent people around me that made this a great time.
Pros
a lot of walking, moving around.
Cons
a lot of paper work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 14, 2019
Convenient to public transportation. Strong nursing staff. Evidence based practice. Family centered care. Teaching hospital. Career advancement is encouraged.
Pros
Accessible to public transportation
Cons
Poor Nursing leadership
Tufts Medical Center is a wonderful place to work. It is a patient oriented establishment where there main object is excellent patient care.
Practice Manager-Neurology (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 11, 2019
There is room for advancement and the management helps to guide your development. The workplace culture is positive and work together as a team. The most enjoyable part of my job was to watch patients recover from there illnesses.
Do not Recommend
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 10, 2019
Steer clear from this mismanaged hospital. I would literally work anywhere (fast food places included) rather than here. I would recommend you not work here because of this culture .
Depending what department you work in it can be fun
Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 8, 2019
I really do think that Tufts Medical Center is a nice place to work. Some of the people here are really good people. I been here for awhile, and it seems as though most of the old people I worked with are all gone and that's a bummer.
Pros
In my department now we get free lunches almost 3 times a week
Cons
Favoritism
Tufts strongly lacks communication and management.
PHARMACY TECHNICIAN II (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 6, 2019
I liked working at tufts medical center but they did lack with communicating important information. The pay was fair but they demanded a lot from the employees.
Fast Paced
Office Intern (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 26, 2019
It was a fast paced setting where you had to tend to people a lot. It may seem like a medical job, but it is also a customer service job. Overall it was great!
BioMedical Engineer
BioMedical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 25, 2019
First job out of college.

Loved every minute of it
Got to see all aspects of the hospital and medical school

That positioned me well for my next role
Practice Coordinator at Pediatric Surgery Clinic (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 22, 2019
the management at tufts is unfair and they don,t give out raises even if work is added on. should actually start ;listening to employess instead of managers
Pros
hours
Cons
pay

Want to know more about Tufts Medical Center?

Ask a question
Tufts is a good family oriented work place.
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 14, 2019
I have worked at Tufts for nineteen years, the time has flown by. I have enjoyed every minute working here. I would not want to work anywhere else. The staff is wonderful.
Pros
We do have social functions for our cultural day and CEO lunches.
Loosely run organization.
Envionmental Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 14, 2019
Management is very lackadaisical. The manament systems run are very old. Communication is a mess with a faulty beeper system. Just a bunch of people trying to get by from day to day.
Pros
Monday-Friday 9-5
Cons
Everything else
Student Nurse / Clinical Rotations (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 4, 2019
worked at Tufts University for years and overall it was an amazing experience. My department happened to have some brilliant people in it with a true understanding and practice of work/life balance.

There are some interesting hurdles to overcome in qualifying for a promotion even if your direct supervisor puts you up for one.

Depending on your department, you have the opportunity to work with some amazing policy makers and thinkers.
Administrative Assistant Extern (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 3, 2019
Great place to work. People are really nice and easy to work with. Work is interesting and Management is helpful. I gained lots of experienced from Tufts Medical center.
Good place to learn skills and take elsewhere
Ophthalmic Technician (Current Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 6, 2018
This is a good place to learn but if you want to grow you have to leave. If you want to make more money, you also have to leave. Not much room for advancement. Work with a great group of people, but morale is low.
Pharmacy Politics
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 30, 2018
pharmacists/coworkers say racists things to the techs. techs compete with one another for advanced training & sabotage each other.

unless you're a suck up to the unethical lead techs here, you're screwed.
Pros
Downtown
Cons
staff/management
Review
Ambulatory Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 4, 2018
Tufts Medical Center does work on constantly trying to find ways to improve in order to provide better services to patients. They do provide job opportunities and some growth in career.
management
Hospitality Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 16, 2018
As a Manager you are not treated fairly even if you are a really hard worker and do everything your suppose to do . You job is based on how much you're liked and i believe race plays a big part
Needs Improvement
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 12, 2018
Overall not a very bad place to work. Improvement is needed. Staff is usually helpful and friendly. Management needs improvement towards both staff and patients.
fast paced
Administrative Assistant, Trauma Division (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 9, 2018
on a typical day we have cases to review, patient clinic scheduling, organizing calendars, setup meetings, keep logs on the discharged patients, attend phone calls to assist patients. I learned a lot of new keys to organizing, prioritizing, managing office, schedule surgeries, work ethics on advance level. The hardest part of the job is the nature of the department. With unpredictable day at work, sometimes can require multitasking and prioritizing the patients and their needs. The most rewarding part of the job is to be able to provide assistant to the physicians and the patients which made me feel I had some contribution to the patients well being.
Pros
great learning experience
Cons
the workload can be overwhelming

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tufts Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Tufts Medical Center Reviews by Location