Tufts Medical Center Employee Reviews

productive
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 11, 2018
the best an greatest part about workin at tufts medical center,would have to b helping out people in need.great atmosphere to work in.and meeting many different kinds of people from around the world
Pros
helping people feel better
Cons
there isn't anything negative to say
Great work Environment
Unit Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 10, 2018
A Good working environment productive and fun, with great people with Excellent Team Work.. Its a wonderful teaching hospital with unlimited resources to learn...
Pros
Great People
Cons
Short breaks
Great chance to learn new skills and practice my technical skills
Administrative Extern (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 9, 2018
I was given a lot of opportunities to observe, practice, and learn new knowledge as well as other important technical skills at a medical office. My supervisor was friendly, empathetic, and understandable. Also, other staffs were sociable and always willing to share their experience. I love seeing patients everyday, helping Vietnamese patients with interpretation, and doing other administrative duties.
Pros
Opportunities to practice, friendly staff members
Cons
Difficult communications sometimes
Very demanding but challenging
Inpatient Coder II (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsJuly 4, 2018
too much micromanagement, stressful, hard to advance, but learnt a lot new cases more complicated, it is also teaching facility including residents and fellows from medical school
Great
Contact Center Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 3, 2018
This was a great place to work and a great learning experience. I learned a lot about myself and patients. I learned the importance of time management and patience.
Do not work there anymore
Cardiac Sonographer (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 2, 2018
good place to work
good place to work
Friendly Friendly and friendly
I do not work there any more
Great benefits. Great gym and yoga classes
Not the best place to work.
CPD TECH II (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 29, 2018
Overall the management was very poor. Also they were not paying like the market competitive hospitals around the Boston area. They are definitely not people person with their employees.
Pros
Hollidays were paid out of the PTO bank hours.
Cons
A lot
I only worked there for a short period of time
Unit coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 21, 2018
Tufts is located in a convenient location down town. It is very culturally diverse. I worked in the labor and delivery unit, mother infant, and NICU which were great
Great experience
Scrub and Circulating Nurse (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 17, 2018
I greatly enjoyed this experience working at Boston Dispensory O.R. I scrubbed in on many different surgeries, but my favorite was being on the Open Heart Surgery Team
Pros
working with many Drs of different specialties
Cons
sometimes could be stressful
Temporary Assistant Clerk (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 15, 2018
A typical day at work included mainly computer based activities. Including, filing, faxing,copying, and organization. The management was pretty straightforward and easy to work with. The culture was mostly, older adults but I knew this coming into the job. The hardest part at the beginning was the focus and discipline of doing the job but after a while I got used to it.
Pros
Worked down the hall from mother.
Cons
Good hospital to work for!
Travel Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 14, 2018
Tuft has been a great hospital to work for in the past. People were friendly and easy to work with. Travel into Boston is always chaotic and you have to plan ahead.
Review
Senior Recruiting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 11, 2018
TMC offers many resources for allied health workers. TMS also has a very large life sciences research area. TMC is a great place for entry level life science research careers.
great place to work
IR Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 11, 2018
great place to work. many great people and great patients. overall I would have stayed on if I didn't move. pay could have been better. management could have re-laid more information better.
Love my coworkers
Ophthalmic Photographer I (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 9, 2018
The best thing about my job is the people I work with. Management is okay. Clinical setting can be chaotic. The doctors sometimes see too many patients than we have room for. It's hard balancing clinic and paperwork a lot of days.
pruductive
Patient Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 31, 2018
fast pace environment
ability to learn new things specially communication skills, be friendly and compassionate of people in need.

hardest part of the job was seeing on a daily basis how sick some patients are.

Best part was helping them out
Postdoctoral Fellow (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 29, 2018
It was my first job in the United State. I was lucky! It was great environment and culture, received great experience in cell biology field. Highly recommend
great learning experience
Admitting Representative/ER Registration (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 25, 2018
I enjoyed my time working at tufts. A typical day at tufts is busy because it's in the middle of everything. working in the ED I know about fast paced, although it could also be slow sometimes. work culture i think is the same everywhere, cliques here and there, a few disagreeable characters and some really inspirational ones. The hardest part of the job is communicating with management, that is, in my department, I didn't have this issue in the department I worked in previously. The most enjoyable part of the job would be the patients, some of them could be real trouble but overall they are the reason, and also the thought that I'm learning too.
Snapshot review of my experience
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 23, 2018
I enjoy working with everyone, physicians, other nurses, support staff, environmental services. Networking is important and valued in my daily work routine. The hardest part of my job is meeting so many demands in a timely fashion in the heme/onc outpatient setting (which is newer to me at the moment). The most enjoyable part of the job is making so many people happy and being depended upon to help patients navigate from diagnosis, testing, treatment, maintenance or in some cases improve quality of life and therefore withdraw treatment.
Pros
educational opportunities
Cons
limited positions for a Master prepared nurse
Tufts Medical Center is a great place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 17, 2018
The nursing force at TMC is going though some growing pains. We are member sod the MNA and after a strike in the summer of 2017, we are currently trying to regain trust and confidence in the medical center. The compensation could be better, and there should be a greater emphasis on retirement benefits. Thankfully we maintained some strong benefits during out last contract negotiations.
Pros
free parking at nigh, permanent night shift differential
Cons
limited resources on off shifts, below competitive wages.
Grateful
CONTACT CENTER SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 17, 2018
I am but very grateful for the opportunity given at Tufts Medical Center as I went over to work for Hallmark Health. I love this organization and hope it is as loyal to me as I have been to it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tufts Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.4

2.2Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Tufts Medical Center Reviews by Location