Tufts University Employee Reviews

Disapointing
Dining Retail Manager (Former Employee) –  Medford, MASeptember 13, 2018
Very disappointing work experience,bad mgt culture unsupportive cutthroat. Don't expect support or mgt to have your back.

crew and benefits are the only positives

CYA
Pros
Great benefits-time off ect
Cons
Mgt, Culture, Treatment
Never worked at a place where I felt managers are out to get you before in my life before tufts
Facilities Maintenance Worker (Current Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 12, 2018
Currently looking for a new job. No room for advancement. Management would rather look outside than internally and give current employees a shot at moving up.
Pros
Health benefits.
Research assistant
Research Assistant Intern (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 5, 2018
This internship provides hands on and direct experience with the medical career. Collaborating with both doctors and medical students provides opportunity for future students and creation of future colleagues
For me, it was a good opportunity to teach at the undergraduate level
Instructor in Psychology (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 3, 2018
Lively, attentive, engaged students. They were curious and interested in learning. It was a pleasure to teach them. The administration was welcoming and helpful.
Great Place, no advancment
Surgical Veterinary Technologist (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 26, 2018
Great Place to work, not much advancement, great security, benefits and vacation.

Great group of poeople and very interesting work. Constant changing environment
Pros
good hours, constantly chaning
Cons
no room for advancement
Worked Part-time
Biosafety Specialist and Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 20, 2018
It was a great place to gain some experience. Unfortunately my group had outgrown its area and there was not enough room for me to work on the days I was in the main office.
Working at Tufts was enjoyable
HR Data Representative (Former Employee) –  Medford, MAJuly 18, 2018
On the whole, Tufts was a very pleasant environment to work. Learned various processes which benefited me to process my job. It also gave me great satisfaction that I could help so many people .
Pros
Great Area to work
Cons
Busy times would be a challenge at times
Worklife balance
Student (Former Employee) –  Medford, MAJuly 2, 2018
Workplace life balance can be challenging. Being a student at Tufts, the health benefits were fine. Some fantastic professors as well as challenging profession work there.
It is fun to teach residents
Clinical Assistant Professor of Psychiatry (Current Employee) –  Portland, MEJuly 1, 2018
This is part of my job at Maine Medical Center. I supervise residents and medical students who are usually pretty interested. This stimulates me to keep learning. But not much feedback.
Pros
discounts from apple
Cons
no extra pay
Typical academic postdoctoral position
Postdoctoral Scholar (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 30, 2018
The desire and need for publications led to conflicts in scientific integrity. In academic institutions, the work culture is heavily dependent on the individual labs. PI's matter more then the President, Dean, Provost, or Department Chairs.
Academia.
Research Professor (Current Employee) –  Medford, MAJune 22, 2018
There is no safety net for research faculty. Go tenure track or don't go. What else is there to say about a University? It's good to its Tenured Faculty.
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Medford, MAJune 14, 2018
Small town feel in the middle of the city. You have access to all resources found in Boston but can enjoy the benefits of a small campus community. Opportunity to grow through attending classes and workshops.
Tufts- International Programs and Partnerships
Instructor and Academic Resource Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Medford, MAJune 9, 2018
Collegial and collaborative environment for those who teach. Students are good and for the most part, hard working and pleasant to work with. Supportive Manager where I am working however lots of pressure from above particularly on financial /dept budgeting causing people in my unit to STILL have TEMP status (hired semester to semester) as opposed to Adjunct status (UNION). I have been there near 6 years, no long term contracts possible, no benefits and employment is dependent on enrollment and NO seniority in the job.

Fair hourly rate of pay for part time teaching but could be a bit higher. No benefits.
Pros
Collegial environment
Cons
No benefits
A fun place to work
Dept. Grant Accountant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 23, 2018
I worked on the Boston campus many years ago on their Medical School Campus. Terrific people! Some of whom I keep in touch with to this very day. A good employer.
very academic
Adjunct Assistant Clinical Professor (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 21, 2018
long hours, Great envioment ,MD's on top of their game, research and academics are above , enjoyed the clinical meetings, enjoyed working with patients, great staff
Poor managment skills
Electrician (Current Employee) –  Medford, MAMay 21, 2018
Union work environment in a non-union company. Manager can be condescending and offten exhibits signs of jealousy for they are not union. Same old thing just change a few light bulbs and ballast and not use your true skill set. Be aware those who have extensive skills in wiring you will be bored to death.
Ok job
Cook/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Somerville, MAMay 16, 2018
Very busy environment and needs additional employees.
Overall, the students (customers) are friendly, the work atmosphere is great. No room for growth.
Communication
Practice Administrator (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 15, 2018
Tufts University needs to learn more about communication in the work place. without communication things cant really run smoothly on every floor. to work as a team fuul you all have to get along to get the job done.
Research scientist
Research Scientist (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 7, 2018
Did research on a variety of biomedical assays. Cancer research; type-2 diabetes research; neuroscience research. Worked with a variety of instruments and lab techniques.
Good People
Desktop Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 17, 2018
This was a six month contract job for me. The work was varied and interesting and the people I worked with were fantastic. Everyone was friendly and understanding.