Tufts University Employee Reviews

Project Helper
Caretaker (Former Employee) –  Medford, MA 02155November 13, 2018
I was a contractor taking care of the biological elements of a students project. It was hard labor and when I visited I was mistreated and the project overseer was very insensitive.
Overall a great place to work/ Heavily depends on your department
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 30, 2018
I worked at Tufts University for years and overall it was an amazing experience. My department happened to have some brilliant people in it with a true understanding and practice of work/life balance.

There are some interesting hurdles to overcome in qualifying for a promotion even if your direct supervisor puts you up for one.

Depending on your department, you have the opportunity to work with some amazing policy makers and thinkers.
Pros
wonderful work/life balance, great people, great benefits
Cons
bureaucracy, low pay
Graduate assisstant
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Medford, MAOctober 27, 2018
I was a graduate assistant at Tufts University and got paid well. I loved working here and it did not interfere with my graduate program. I had to leave as I graduated.
Productive and enjoyable workplace
Program Administrator (Current Employee) –  Medford, MAOctober 22, 2018
Enjoyable company to work for. Good benefits to include free use of the gym and classes at a cost but with reimbursement through medical coverage. On site training and wellness information. Low parking fees.
Favoritism and low pay
Staff Asst. (Former Employee) –  Medford, MAOctober 21, 2018
This university seems to only promote you unless you are are an alumni. Qualified people are passed over for promotions and poorly paid in general. No work life balance.
Graduate Assistant for Inclusion (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 19, 2018
I am a full time student of Diversity and Inclusion leadership Program at Tufts University. I work here as a Graduate Student Assistant for Inclusion. Good place to work
Buen empleo para estudinates
Spanish Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Somerville, MAOctober 17, 2018
En un día normal enseñaba dos o tres recitations de español con unos 10 estudiantes en cada clase. Una vez a la semana me reunía con el director del departamento y los otros asistentes del profesor para organizar las clases de la semana. Era un buen ambiente laboral y un gran trabajo para estudiantes
Friendly and relaxed place to work
HR Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Medford, MAOctober 11, 2018
A typical work day is relaxed and comfortable at Tufts. It is fast paced for those who look to work at a quicker pace. It is a place where you can learn and develop your skills if you so choose to.
Pros
Holidays and retirement account
Cons
Slower workforce
Good benefits and paid time off
Senior Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Medford, MAOctober 8, 2018
Overall a great working atmosphere and good people and culture. I only wish Tufts pays better and not so restrictive on spending money on the comfort of the workplace such as a microwave and fixing paper towel dispenser in the ladies room
Pros
free coffee and tea and a generous sick day benefits
Cons
merit raises below inflation, pay is lower than other companies
Disapointing
Dining Retail Manager (Former Employee) –  Medford, MASeptember 13, 2018
Very disappointing work experience,bad mgt culture unsupportive cutthroat. Don't expect support or mgt to have your back.

crew and benefits are the only positives

CYA
Pros
Great benefits-time off ect
Cons
Mgt, Culture, Treatment
Never worked at a place where I felt managers are out to get you before in my life before tufts
Facilities Maintenance Worker (Current Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 12, 2018
Currently looking for a new job. No room for advancement. Management would rather look outside than internally and give current employees a shot at moving up.
Pros
Health benefits.
On-campus employment
Time management and Study Strategies Consultant (Current Employee) –  Medford, MASeptember 7, 2018
The pay is usually near minimum wage, but my on-campus employment stints have always been enjoyable. I have had flexible work hours and my bosses were understanding of my status as a grad student.
Research assistant
Research Assistant Intern (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 5, 2018
This internship provides hands on and direct experience with the medical career. Collaborating with both doctors and medical students provides opportunity for future students and creation of future colleagues
For me, it was a good opportunity to teach at the undergraduate level
Instructor in Psychology (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 3, 2018
Lively, attentive, engaged students. They were curious and interested in learning. It was a pleasure to teach them. The administration was welcoming and helpful.
Great Place, no advancment
Surgical Veterinary Technologist (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 26, 2018
Great Place to work, not much advancement, great security, benefits and vacation.

Great group of poeople and very interesting work. Constant changing environment
Pros
good hours, constantly chaning
Cons
no room for advancement
Worked Part-time
Biosafety Specialist and Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 20, 2018
It was a great place to gain some experience. Unfortunately my group had outgrown its area and there was not enough room for me to work on the days I was in the main office.
Working at Tufts was enjoyable
HR Data Representative (Former Employee) –  Medford, MAJuly 18, 2018
On the whole, Tufts was a very pleasant environment to work. Learned various processes which benefited me to process my job. It also gave me great satisfaction that I could help so many people .
Pros
Great Area to work
Cons
Busy times would be a challenge at times
Worklife balance
Student (Former Employee) –  Medford, MAJuly 2, 2018
Workplace life balance can be challenging. Being a student at Tufts, the health benefits were fine. Some fantastic professors as well as challenging profession work there.
It is fun to teach residents
Clinical Assistant Professor of Psychiatry (Current Employee) –  Portland, MEJuly 1, 2018
This is part of my job at Maine Medical Center. I supervise residents and medical students who are usually pretty interested. This stimulates me to keep learning. But not much feedback.
Pros
discounts from apple
Cons
no extra pay
Typical academic postdoctoral position
Postdoctoral Scholar (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 30, 2018
The desire and need for publications led to conflicts in scientific integrity. In academic institutions, the work culture is heavily dependent on the individual labs. PI's matter more then the President, Dean, Provost, or Department Chairs.