Tufts University
68Average

Tufts University Employee Reviews

United States236 reviews
I enjoyed the experience in the workplace since it encouraged innovation, established a collaborative atmosphere, and challenged me to think differently. Because of this internship, creating something fundamentally constructed on my designs and being part of innovative processes has motivated me to be an engineer.
Tufts University as a whole is great just not all departments. The environment is toxic and no sense of direction. There’s no trust with anyone. My advice is to ask more questions on interviews and pay attention to body language.
Pros
Cons
No work life balance
Great colleagues. My department was great But Tufts seems to care more about revenue more than the employees. It’s very political which departments get funded. The culture used to be better. When I left for another job, I began making 50% higher salary. Staying a long time at Tufts hurt my earning potential significantly
Pros
Good Colleagues
Cons
Political/too many bosses
I worked for Tufts for almost 9 years. I loved my work and the people I worked for. The company was overall a great company, some improfections, but all companies have something.
enjoy work team work good benefits works as a team good management able to talk trying to get along with each other enjoyable part of our jobs respect each others cultures.
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
Good family support and flex time, opportunity to take classes, faculty and students open and willing to talk with staff, good vacation time and benefits
The microbiology and molecular biology department is full of professional scientists that are motivated to improve life quality through their research in different illnesses, hard-working mindset and always willing to help each other. An incredible environment for learning, training and networking. 100% recommendable.
In the department I work in is very understaffed. The lack of hiring is very slow. overworked, forced hours, and working every weekend. They post a job and it take months to hear anything back. some of the newer employees said it took 5 months to hear about the job they applied for. Not all Tufts is bad. But a good portion is. employees leave for other universities quickly, because the grass is greener every where else.
I enjoyed my time here and am happy i was able to return and complete my undergraduate degree after my time in the service. There literally nothing i would change about my experience.
Tufts University has excellent benefits, but often lacks compensating their employees with their wages. Advancement is also for the most part non-existent, which means you will be performing the same task every day for a very long time if you work there. Things are also very slow there, so it takes a while to get anything done. It's still a good place to work and I've improved as a person since I've been employed at Tufts.
Good place to work. Schedule is flexible. Different training sessions are available throughout the semester in order to teach more about the job that you are doing.
Not sure there was anything particularly good or bad, just that it is more graduate work in Boston. As a post-doc, it's a weird balance between faculty/staff vs. a student. I've been in school a long time and still don't have benefits etc. I think pretty standard for most, if not all schools.
Well before I started, I filled out Direct Deposit information. Yet, it took almost a month for the direct deposit to become active. I also signed up for Commuter Benefits, but I still hadn't received my MBTA pass within the 90 days I worked there. In the department I worked in, there was a definite culture of hazing. There was even a team meeting about the very issue. The long term employee s seemed to routinely to tune out management.
Tufts was a great place to work and learn. The professors invested time and effort to ensure that you were getting the best out of your education. I would recommend it.
The professors were excellent and engaging. Research was at times challenging and time consuming but worth the effort. Professors gave me opportunities to contribute to the writing process and made sure to teach me new methods and techniques along the way.
learned a lot while working here and everyone was smart and helpful. Was glad I had this opportunity and the workplace culture really grew on me as the internship progressed
In this university only the voices of the students matters. There is few respect for faculty opinions. Students are consider clients and professor are at their service. No high academic standards are applied at Tufts University.
I was an adjunct which unfortunately translates to very low pay and no benefits. But it was a brilliant learning experience during the earlier part of my career.
Great place to be, great support, great development. Great benefits, growth from within, Lots of things to offer my family and I. Job security and bright future
Was uncomfortable every day because of drama. Poor management overworks employees and ignores problems. Huge turnover rate, not a good department to work in.
The people at Tufts are very supportive and collaborative. They have empathy for each person's drive. They are always eager to discuss new ideas, and are always looking to learn new material. The hours are demanding as a researcher.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tufts University. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
2.9
InHerSight Score
2.7Personal Development
2.8Career Opportunities
3.3Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight