Tufts University

Tufts University Culture reviews

United States238 reviews
enjoy work team work good benefits works as a team good management able to talk trying to get along with each other enjoyable part of our jobs respect each others cultures.
Great colleagues. My department was great But Tufts seems to care more about revenue more than the employees. It’s very political which departments get funded. The culture used to be better. When I left for another job, I began making 50% higher salary. Staying a long time at Tufts hurt my earning potential significantly
Pros
Good Colleagues
Cons
Political/too many bosses
Well before I started, I filled out Direct Deposit information. Yet, it took almost a month for the direct deposit to become active. I also signed up for Commuter Benefits, but I still hadn't received my MBTA pass within the 90 days I worked there. In the department I worked in, there was a definite culture of hazing. There was even a team meeting about the very issue. The long term employee s seemed to routinely to tune out management.
learned a lot while working here and everyone was smart and helpful. Was glad I had this opportunity and the workplace culture really grew on me as the internship progressed
Like my team of professionals and clients. Work life balance is good, but culture could be better. I really have learned a great deal from working at gifts.
Pros
35 hours
Cons
Job seekers rely on your experience.
Administratively promoted 3 times, duties and responsibility ranged from clerical to administrative assistant. worked as thy accounts payable clerk completing invoice payments, making orders for several departments, assorting mail and distributing to mail room. learned to multi task, management was a great learning experience and working with various ethics culture it was a joy working with all walks of life people from all around the world
Pros
diverse of people
Cons
leaving them
The staff was laid-back, but serious and collaborative. Results are achieved through various manners. I can only assume that the culture has not changed through the years.
Worked as a student researcher (unpaid position). It was a great environment to learn the basics of cell culture, tissue engineering, and other lab techniques.
En un día normal enseñaba dos o tres recitations de español con unos 10 estudiantes en cada clase. Una vez a la semana me reunía con el director del departamento y los otros asistentes del profesor para organizar las clases de la semana. Era un buen ambiente laboral y un gran trabajo para estudiantes
Overall a great working atmosphere and good people and culture. I only wish Tufts pays better and not so restrictive on spending money on the comfort of the workplace such as a microwave and fixing paper towel dispenser in the ladies room
Pros
free coffee and tea and a generous sick day benefits
Cons
merit raises below inflation, pay is lower than other companies
Very disappointing work experience,bad mgt culture unsupportive cutthroat. Don't expect support or mgt to have your back.

crew and benefits are the only positives

CYA
Pros
Great benefits-time off ect
Cons
Mgt, Culture, Treatment
On the whole, Tufts was a very pleasant environment to work. Learned various processes which benefited me to process my job. It also gave me great satisfaction that I could help so many people .
Pros
Great Area to work
Cons
Busy times would be a challenge at times
The desire and need for publications led to conflicts in scientific integrity. In academic institutions, the work culture is heavily dependent on the individual labs. PI's matter more then the President, Dean, Provost, or Department Chairs.
long hours, Great envioment ,MD's on top of their game, research and academics are above , enjoyed the clinical meetings, enjoyed working with patients, great staff
Very busy environment and needs additional employees.
Overall, the students (customers) are friendly, the work atmosphere is great. No room for growth.
This was a six month contract job for me. The work was varied and interesting and the people I worked with were fantastic. Everyone was friendly and understanding.
Tufts Graduate programs in science are top notch. The research taking place at Tufts is competitive and led by passionate, intelligent, and motivational individuals. I would definitely recommend Tufts to anyone seeking a higher degree in the sciences.
Tufts is a very good place to work. Like most academic settings, the salaries aren't competitive with industry, but the work itself is rewarding and interesting.
I was lucky enough to work with great people at Tufts. They are smart, interesting and interested. The organization is set up to ensure that everyone shares information and supports each other across job function and department.
Pros
Great culture
Cons
N/a
Enjoyable working with dental students; flexible work environment; good workplace benefits; allowed to try new and different ideas to improve work setting.
Pros
location, work set up
Cons
pay
Good work environment, working with dental students and patients; enjoyed academic environment; good location and good work schedule; learned a great deal.
Pros
location, environment
Cons
pay
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tufts University. Our community is ready to answer.
Women's ratings

3.4Fairygodboss Score

63%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

63%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.