Tulane University Employee Reviews

4.3
Ratings breakdown
Had a great experience working at Tulane
Accountant I - Parking Services Department (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAApril 16, 2018
Working at Tulane was a great experience. My office staff was a great group of people to work with and it was an enjoyable experience. There was not a hard part of the Job.
Student worker, unpaid
LABORATORY TEACHING ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAApril 12, 2018
It was a fun place to work but no funds were allotted to student workers. I enjoyed getting to know my peers throughout day to day routines and classes.
Quick paced
Building Manager (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAApril 11, 2018
Very quick paced. Employee management in certain departments can be difficult to work for. Being able to change positions within the University can be difficult as well.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
over worked
Wonderful place to work
Assistant to the Dean (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMarch 29, 2018
If benefits were not an issue, I would have stayed with Tulane forever. Great coworkers, great management, great work environment as a whole. I highly recommend Tulane to anyone.
Great workplace to learn and explore my ideas
Student Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  new orleans louisiana, LAMarch 27, 2018
It is a good school where I developed my skills. The challenging environment made me well prepared for my future endeavor. I learnt balancing between work and life from there. I feel more confident to work on any environment handling multiple tasks and many responsibilities. As a part of my job there, I utilized my ability to analyze things as a researcher. I have developed my personal skill of communication, and professional skill of price management. I can prioritize the goals, and able to meet up the deadlines.
Pros
Good environment to work
Cons
dental and vision care
As a student I enjoyed attending Tulane.
Full Time Student (Current Employee) –  Biloxi, MSMarch 8, 2018
Attending classes at Tulane was very enjoyable. The classes at the Gulf Coast Campus were relatively small, which I prefer. I learned that I do enjoy school after all. The staff at this location are very outgoing and friendly. My most enjoyable part of attending classes here was the adult interaction and different ways of thinking.
Pros
Friendly people.
Cons
Public speeches.
really recommended!
Postdoctoral Fellow (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAFebruary 26, 2018
my experience in Tulane university has given me a chance to sharpen my skills in my field. Tulane university is truly amazing. I am impressed every day with the quality of the professors, the sense of community on campus, and the scenic surroundings. I have made some really great friends that I know will be life-long connections.
Very Fast Placed Work Place
Telecommunication Technician (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAFebruary 23, 2018
Great Place to work. Loved the environment and such a team player mentality. Great people and friendly attitudes. If it weren't for the fact of poor advancement I would still be there.
Great Place to Work
Office of the General Counsel (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAFebruary 16, 2018
Loved working there! I was only a part-time employee, but I gained hands-on experience where I was able to really learn about the legal environment. Tulane supports their employees.
fast paced, challenging,
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAFebruary 10, 2018
fast paced, many challenges. The university campus was a joy to work on. Don't trust management. Culture not a team players atmosphere. The most enjoyable part of the job was the teachers, professors, and students
Pros
good benefits
Cons
low pay
Interesting research work
Research assistant (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAFebruary 4, 2018
Working as a research assistant allowed me to gain experience working in a lab. I enjoyed the work and learned a lot. I would recommend volunteering in this lab to others.
Don’t know what to put
Facility Services -Equipment Mover/Event Staff (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJanuary 30, 2018
I’m just writing random stuff now because it’s been forever to give a good explanation of what actually went on over there. Gotta have 150 characters.
Pros
None really
Cons
None really
Executive Secretary - Dance and Theatre Department (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJanuary 21, 2018
Productive workplace enjoy the department I work in, Love all the training and people I work with. You meet students, staff, faculty from all diversity background, which is such great experience.
Pros
Great enviroment to work in
Good environment and relaxed
Informal Recreation Attendant (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJanuary 16, 2018
Working at Tulane is gettin into a work space in which you will be interacting with friendly people, fun duties, good environment, flexible schedules and fair payment.
Pros
Free food almost every week
Cons
Some heavy duties and couple of long shifts
Great job
Police Officer (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJanuary 15, 2018
Great job, good benefits. Good opportunities for advancement. I would recommend it to young professionals for advancement, and educational advancement.
Great Place to Study
Trading Room Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJanuary 8, 2018
Tulane is a great place to work and study. It has a great location in New Orleans. There are awesome people. It is also a strong academic school, and I have enjoyed my time at Tulane.
Adjunct Lecturer
Adjunct Lecturer (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LADecember 23, 2017
Great place to work. with a supportive network of professionals. The dean of the business school is absolutely an awesome person. I found working at Tulane a wonderful experience to include my colleagues, staff, and students.
Pros
Supportive environment
Easy job
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LADecember 12, 2017
Cool job to work at cleaning building and bathroom meeting room, dusting, mopping, cleaning Windows, vacuum cleaning labs , disinfectant clean tables ..
it was ok
Earn and Learn Career Pathway Program, Apprentice (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LADecember 8, 2017
a typical day at work was a good day for the most part. I pretty much stayed to myself to stay out of different situations. The most enjoyable part of this job was I would say the coworkers that were all about work
Pros
benifits
Cons
older co workers
easy job
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LADecember 3, 2017
Very easy job, great staff, good benefits, pay could be better parking could be better management could communicate better, located near the French quarter
Pros
nine to five
Cons
only 30 min lunches

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tulane University. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

2.4Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight