Tulare County, CA Employee Reviews

Allways had an opportunity to learn and grow personally and professionaly
Child Support Officer (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAMay 24, 2018
Starting out as an office assistant and then working my way up to a Child Support Officer was a wonderful opportunity that showed me how much I liked working with regulations. There was always an opportunity to learn and mean different types of people.
A job where you see MANY people and many different health issues.
RN (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CA 93292May 21, 2018
When working for TC, I saw 300-500 children and families weekly, provided health screenings, took health histories, coordinated care between different facilities, families, participated in education of staff, children, and families on a daily basis.
Pros
8-4 most days, 10 month scheduling, supportive of continuing education
Cons
no opportunity to advance within the department I was in
Fast Pace
Self Sufficiency Assistant II (Former Employee) –  458 E. O'Neal AveMarch 30, 2018
The office I worked for many years was a great experience in office demand. Director expected us to all work very fast and we could not really explain to the Director of concerns. Ramona the Director had this saying if you don't like it here quite. I can get someone else to work at her office.
Pros
Christmas raffles were fun and lots of bake sales fun raisers
Cons
My director showd favortism. And other co-workers noticed
Great place
Financial Tech II (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAJanuary 23, 2018
Great place to work I have learned accounting very good co-workers and the Christmas Parties at amazing lol. Over all good place to work. Management is very professional
Pros
Amazing Boss
Great place to work!
Network Technician II (Current Employee) –  Visalia, CAJuly 6, 2017
This job has easily been one of the most fun and fulfilling experiences of my life. Over the past year-and-a-half I have worked with some fantastic people who have eventually become more like family than co-workers.
great place to work if you like being under paid
Facilities Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Visalia, CAJune 14, 2017
Tulare county is an ok place to work , if you like getting paid less than what you should be getting paid. in my case the work I do, I think we should get paid more. the reason being we work in a dangerous environment where at times we are around inmates. we do dirty jobs like unclogging filthy toilets. among other jobs we have todo to maintain the facility in good working order.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
low pay rates
good experience.
MAINTENANCE WORKER (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAMay 11, 2017
i really did enjoy working here. i learned a lot of new things. i was somewhere different everytime. it was a good experience and i would recommend it to anyone looking for a job out in the environment.
great place to work
Health and Human Services Chief Financial Officer (Former Employee) –  visalia caMay 3, 2017
Visalia ca is in middle of nowhere central California where it is too hot to work and nothing to do farmland area but one of the nicest small towns though
Good place to work!
Home enabler111 (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAApril 5, 2017
This was soo many moons ago! But as far as I remember! My work status for Tulare Company was an enabler 111 I enabled parents to prepare their children on a government waiting list for the headstart program! It was a great program to be in ! The staff was great ! The pay that time was good for me! The people managing the program were all knowlidgible in all areas of childhood education as to preaparing them for the headstart! I enjoyed myself while working with the program Great place to work as I experience!
Pros
Great place to work! Staff was always there to help!
Cons
more books, more variety in learning tools, more time to prepare
Atmosphere very calm
Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tulare, CAFebruary 28, 2017
We would be really busy with patients but we worked together. Sometimes we didn't have to say anything we just helped each other.
I also worked the Dairy Lab. I was a Dairy Lab Tech and this was fast high energy job. Even though it was a fast moving job it still was calm because we knew what was expected and we did it. The hardest part is when we would receive 400 Samples from Dairies from all over Kings and Tulare County and only having 2 people to do this plus replenish the supplies for the next day. I loved the people I worked with. The county was cutting jobs and I was the last one hired so I had to look elsewhere.
Pros
The people
Cons
High Cost of Medical Insurance
Good people to work with
Heavy equipment mechanic (Current Employee) –  Tulare, CAJanuary 2, 2017
Enjoy working for the county. People are friendly helpful. I like that it isn't a push job you can work at a good pace no one pushes to work faster
Good job security and advancements
Self Sufficiency Counselor 3 (Current Employee) –  Visalia, CANovember 30, 2016
Very good job security and lots of room to advance within the County. The county offers health insurance, life insurance and retirement plans.
Pros
Job security, health insurance
Cons
Sitting at a desk all day long
My likes and dislikes of the working in the work place.
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CANovember 17, 2016
The hardest part of the job was having to move sandbags to the designated area that is required of you. The most enjoyable part of the job was when i was able to talk to the other workers, and being able to learn more about them how their lives are going. The typical days at work were mostly slow, but i have learned a lot from all of my co-workers.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
unsafe conditions
Reliable, Solid Employer
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Visalia, CAOctober 28, 2016
Tulare County is an excellent employer to work for. They are flexible, have decent compensation and have many job opportunities. Their training and development is very good as well.
Good stepping stone position
County Financial Tech (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAOctober 18, 2016
This is a good stepping stone position if you're interested in further your education. If you do not have a bachelor's degree, it is difficult to promote.
productive, very friendly place to work
Firefighter (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAOctober 11, 2016
respond to emergency scenes , preform basic life services , cpr first aid, fight structure & wild land fires , learned a lot about hazardous materials, first aid . management was ok. co workers were very cool great bunch of people.
Pros
cool equiptment and great people to work for
Cons
long hours, no family time.
Poor management. Management is more stressful than the work or clients you work with.
Clinical Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Tulare County, CAJuly 13, 2016
I worked the county for quite sometime. It takes a long time to promote. High turnover, poor management, insurance is too expensive, micromanaged, high caseload, little or no support from management, and you get moved around without notice.
Pros
Team was great.
Cons
Insurance too expensive, poor management, and no room to promote
Great teamwork
Office Assistant IV (Current Employee) –  Visalia, CAJuly 6, 2016
Working for the county has its ups and downs in my eyes you're the one that controls how you want your life to be as an employee for the county
Pros
Great awards for a good job well done
Cons
Insurance too high
joyful position
CORRECTIONAL OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Tulare County, CAJune 6, 2016
Great place of employment. Management as well as County personnel provide a joyful work environment. High stress job, but offered all the tools to deal with any problems on the job.
Rewarding work with the community but Agency has negative work environment
supervisory (Current Employee) –  Visalia, CANovember 15, 2015
Your happiness in employment depends on what department and manager you work for. There is no transparency, lack of communication, dishonesty, and bullies
Pros
Job security once probation is passed
Cons
A lot more cons than pros