Tulare County Office Of Education Employee Reviews

The work environment was great and individuals where always willing to help
Course Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAJune 25, 2018
I enjoyed facilitating drug and alcohol courses in the school system. It was great to interact with youth that varied from elementary to a high school level. I would travel from school to school and implement a course describing information that encouraged youth not to use drugs or alcohol. The courses entailed anger management, dealing with stress, dangers of tobacco, dangers of marijuana, social media and peer interaction.
Pros
Flexibility, no micromanagement, control of facilitating courses and
Cons
Unfortunately, the hours varied and it was difficult to have a steady income.
Over all was an awesome place to work.
Secretary/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAJune 22, 2018
Enjoyed working in the community where is was raised. Work well with co works, supervisor and I had an excellent work relationship. Enjoined what I did on a daily basis even when changes were made, worked well with no supervision.
Pros
Work schedule
Cons
Only part time
Typical business office
Health Information Specialist (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAMay 3, 2018
A typical day was extremely busy and very stressful. The job was very demanding and extremely confidential. My office was a team based environment. The pay and benefits were extremely good.
benefits
Cons
stress level
Excellent and collaborative employer
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Central Valley, CAApril 6, 2018
I have enjoyed working for TCOE and would work full time given the opportunity. The management is organized and the communication is top notch. I appreciate this as an employee.
Pros
Flexibility and working environments.
Cons
Lack of ability to obtain requirements to advance. (i.e. schooling v. experience).
Tight on hours and pay
Program Leader (Current Employee) –  Visalia, CAMarch 19, 2018
The atmosphere is nice and welcoming. The pay per hour is not bad, but we are not given any paid time off. They don't even give us paid sick leave, which to my knowledge is a requirement for any employer in California.
Rewarding work
Bright Start/FACES Behavior Tutor (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAJanuary 22, 2018
Most of the supervisors are very nice and understanding. They work with your schedule well, I was able to balance work and a full time school schedule. The work is challenging but very rewarding. You are paid well, however, you are considered temporary/part time with a yearly limit on how many hours you can work. They do not hire anyone full time for this position and do not offer benefits so it is not a long term job.
Pros
Flexible schedule, good hours, fair wages, etc.
Cons
No benefits, no option for full time
Fun and Energetic work environment
Scicon Counselor (Former Employee) –  Porterville, CAJanuary 20, 2018
Working as a Scicon Consular was a very enjoyable job, being able to take care of 8-9 elementary school students was fun and exciting. Being able to be a mentor to younger students was a blast and all around worth the experience.
Pros
Free lunches
fun part-time work
Behavior Tutor (Current Employee) –  Visalia, CANovember 16, 2017
I love working for Tulare county Office of Education. The job is exciting and I have learned a great deal. I do wish that I could find full time work at Tulare county of Education.
Pros
Great staff to work with.
Cons
Not many full time jobs availale.
Great company and learning environment
Teacher, Special Education (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAOctober 24, 2017
Positive experience, very competitive, mentoring and additional support were always available. You were expected to catch on to the program and move forward... they like shining stars!
Nice website to look for jobs
Instructional Aide- Special Education (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CASeptember 19, 2017
It is user friendly and very accessable to me. It was very helpful in finding a job. I think it is nice to have these kinds of website for job search.
Pros
very accessable
Cons
lengthy to fill out
peaceful and challenging at times but overall very good place to work
Guidance Technician (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CASeptember 17, 2017
my day consisted of going to our migrant family homes to help better the educational skills of students. I would help them organize their backpacks and time so that they could improve in an educational level.
Pros
own schedule
Cons
very little hours
Productive, and helped a lot of people
Assessment Technician (Former Employee) –  Porterville, CAAugust 20, 2017
Working for Tulare County Office of Education was a good experience, worked. there for 22 years. Worked with a lot of people. Had a great supervisor, learned many things. Great benefits.
Benefits
Tcoe
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAJuly 12, 2017
This was a great place to work when I was there. However that was over 10 years ago. The Tulare County Office of Education is a wondering institution.
Severely handicapped program in an educational setting
Instructional Assistant, Special Services (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAJune 19, 2017
Worked on a public school site with severely handicapped students in a satellite classroom for Tulare County Office of Education. Supported teacher with lessons, behavior management, and hygiene for students. It is rewarding to work with this population.
Pros
Retirement plan and backed by a union
Cons
Emotionally and physically stressful at times
No full time positions
Instructional Aide Special Education (Current Employee) –  Tulare CountyJune 11, 2017
This employer will not hire full time permanent instructional aides regardless of experience or education. They operate almost solely on part time employees and substitutes. The only full time permanent aides were hired many years ago.
Pros
Starts at around $16 per hour
Cons
You will never get a full time permanent position
Great Co-Workers
Mental Health Therapist (Former Employee) –  Tulare, CAMarch 14, 2017
Salary and benefits are amazing. Poor communication and not concerned about the employee's well-being. Quick to terminate employment without clear reason.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
poor communication
Enjoy working with students and staff.
Instructional Aide Special Education (Current Employee) –  Visalia, CAFebruary 11, 2017
Love to work with students ,and teachers. Love to teach and mentor in class, working with all types of personsalities though at time it can be difficult.
Pros
Make a difference in students life to do better.
Cons
Difficult attitudes at times
Higher up management didn't care about its employees
Migrant Public Health Nurse (Former Employee) –  Tulare, CAJanuary 23, 2017
My Supervisor was awesome and very flexible but the Management staff above her were rude, uncaring and treated their employees with no consideration for anything
Pros
Awesome supervisor and co workers
Cons
Pay for my experience and education was poor
Fun place to work for
Family Health Services Worker (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CADecember 16, 2016
I enjoyed my time at TCOE, but because I could only get hired for part time employment, I had to seek additional employment.
Pros
Worked with children and other caring adults
Cons
constant threat of being laid off
Great teamwork and excellent benefits
Health Information Specialist (Current Employee) –  Visalia, CA 93291July 7, 2016
A typical work day for me is Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. I have learned quite a bit about HIPAA rules and compliance, scheduling medical appointments and handling medical records for this office. The management is good, but there has been a shift in staff and there are quite a few changes taking place. My co-workers all believe in being part of a team, and we work really well together. The hardest part about my job is the schedule. I am looking to work part time. I would say the most enjoyable part of my job is the benefits and holidays off.
Pros
excellent benefits (although I am also covered under spouse's insurance)
Cons
hours