Tulare County Office Of Education Employee Review

View all Tulare County Office Of Education reviews

Loved the Kids, but the workers were terrible
Instructional Aide (Former Employee) –  Tulare, CAMay 26, 2019
I first started out as a substitute aide. I took the Instructional Aide test that was introduced to me by a past coworker and had got hired on as a Sub aide for Special Ed. Which really took me by surprise because I was never informed about that, even my coworker was surprised. I had no prior work experience but I absolutely loved the kids. The management is incredibly terrible. They would not hire on full-time because they did not want to pay health insurance so we were given the option to stay a part-time, 3.5 hour/5 days per week worker or a part-time 6hour/4 days worker. Although the pay wasn't bad, you were making too much for medical support and too little to even afford your own health insurance coverage. Again, the management and team work here was absolutely terrible. I worked at a center and the amount of drama and gossip that took place at work was ridiculous. The secretaries would get upset over anything! They got upset at me before for using the door stopper to hold the door for one of my severely handicap student....WOW. The supervisors we got, changed every year and they were terrible. You would go to them about an issue involving how poorly a class teacher was performing in class or treating the students and they would just turn a blind eye! One of the supervisors told me that we were just aides, not the class teacher so we had no say! WOW! I also asked my supervisor to switch me into a different class that did not consist of lifting and changing due to my back taking a toll for the last couple of years and she said there were no more available positions BUT  more... she gave one of the other employees that position I had asked for! The kids are definitely not priority to this company at all which is extremely sad and messed up since most of them do not have a voice to speak up about some of the mistreatment they receive from employees here. All I got to say is, if you're an aide, you are seen as nothing but a slave. Your opinions do not matter since you do not hold a teaching degree. My day at this place consists of changing diapers and just sitting around while the class teacher stayed in her office "prepping" doing "laundry for 10-20 minutes, drama, and having to do all of the teacher's share of duties because she was too busy talking to the secretaries. She would not like it when we would share some ideas on what kind of activities to do with the kids to help them learn. Yea, they are Special Ed but they still have the ability to learn and enjoy their life. Why strip that away from them and treat them like fragile sick kids who can do nothing but sleep all day? Ridiculous. And boy do these teachers talk bad about theses kids and their parents as if the kids can't understand! SUCH A TOXIC ENVIRONMENT! Would never recommend this place to anyone.  less
Pros
Kids are amazing
Cons
health insurance, management, toxic environment, Everything

Other Tulare County Office Of Education Employee Reviews

Review
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAAugust 11, 2019
Working as a substitute is a tough job. You are under paid and over worked if you do long term positions. New environments every day can be nice. Must enjoy working with students.
Fun work place
Per school (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAApril 23, 2019
Enjoy working with staff had a lot of fun with the children Tiffany’s mail time outside playtime Open house was great awesome getting to know a lot of families.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
10 minutes breaks