Tully's Good Times Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NYApril 14, 2019
multiple management changes within the last 6 years have caused many policy changes and a revolving door with many employees. Many of the management do not support staff or tend to needs beyond profits for the restaurant.
Best restaurant job I’ve ever haf
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYApril 2, 2019
Best cooking job I’ve had and I’ve been in this industry for 10 plus years. The pay is great, the food is amazing and the management are fun yet strict
Tully's
Line Cook/Prep Cook/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYFebruary 15, 2019
I like the tenders and fries ,hope people change their attitude and how they treat people and love themselves and stay blessed they have a job...management poor ...
Pros
free food
Cons
people attitude sucks
Cool and exciting place to work at
Server & Busboy (Former Employee) –  Watertown, NYJanuary 15, 2019
Working for Tullys Good Times was a different pace and environment of work than i myself am use to but if you love the food and love to serve food this might be the place for you.
Pros
free lunchs
Cons
No other discounts really
Good food
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJanuary 11, 2019
I only worked there a few months the management was great but every one in the kitchen thinks there a boss. The pay was good but not enough hours for everyone
No facial hair!! Pffft!
any job (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJanuary 9, 2019
If you have any type of beard even if it's a slight shadow well trimmed and very short they say it's against Tully's policy. Interviewed with them today and thus was the issue. Immediately told them I'm not willing to shave but would wear a beard guard no problem. Nope, not good enough. First restaurant job I've ever interviewed for whom discriminates against facial hair...it indeed is discrimination. To make matters worse my facial hair is very short and we'll trimmed! Keep that $14 an hour...
bad mgt.
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYDecember 13, 2018
no back-of-house mgt. all over the place the line cooks have no voice . jgfhxgazgmfdjxngshtfj nm hn fsz e ftjd htesjt nht ngb ngb bf gh v bzdaasngfxbsgn
Pros
good food
Cons
every
Great place to work at
Server (Current Employee) –  Watertown, NYNovember 20, 2018
I absolutely love working for Tully’s, coworker’s are great, management was great at first. had some personal life issues, then started getting less and less hours. I went from being very comfortable with management, to not feeling as trusting to them anymore.
i loved tullys but hosts don't get tips and are the lowest paid and have the most stressul job.
Host/Expo/Server (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYOctober 23, 2018
I loved working at Tully's. Management is amazing, it's a great atmosphere, great teamwork and unity there but as a host i didnt make enough to survive off it.
Great place for a beer bad place for employment
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Clarks Summit, PAOctober 19, 2018
Awesome place for a drink on a Friday night but I would recommend other companies to work for. Very micromanaged and management uses negative reinforcement. A workplace where you feel on edge all the time and management is always installing fear of losing employment at meetings and during shifts. Management is usually miserable and it seems they are all trained to be this way from the top down. Employees are great and money was nice on weekends. Management has zero regards for your personal wellbeing "suck it up or get out" attitudes with huge turn over rates and false marketing starting wages. you know "based off experience lingo". As a psychology graduate, there is a lot of red flags here.
Pros
fun atmosphere
Cons
management
Line opener prep/cook (Current Employee) –  Darien Center, NYOctober 19, 2018
I worked at Tully's for 10 years I moved from Syracuse to Darien center I just need more hours and they can't give that to me very fast pace great place to work for
Pros
Free food
Managers keep it fun
Hostess (Current Employee) –  NYOctober 17, 2018
My managers are the best part of the job. I wish hosts got tipped out but they only tip out cooks and bussers. I wish I were full time too, but it is a restaurant so everyone has to rotate. Shifts are pretty easy to pick up too.
Pros
Free lunch/dinner when management asks you to stay or come in for shift, 50% off meals while working or after, Pay is ok
Cons
Hours not great unless you pick up shifts, No time to sit down, No help when it's really busy
Okay place to work
Busser (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYSeptember 30, 2018
Fast-paced environment around people of all ages. Best part of the job is the co-workers, but it can also be the worst part at times. The only set time of your schedule is when you arrive to work. The time you leave work is not set in stone.
Fast paced, fun atmosphere
Server (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYSeptember 9, 2018
Tully's is a very fast paced restaurant. it is a very good working environment with great management. The main goal was to work as a team to make sure all guests were happy and taken care of.
Pros
Working as a team, great management and great pay.
Cons
Took advantage of scheduling hours.
Go at your own risk
Former server (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 13, 2018
If you are able to get on the good side of management (which is known to play favorites), willing to ignore the GMs outbursts and creepy comments, and generally deal with some BS, you will be fine here. You are usually able to get the hours you want and they are flexible with scheduling. They are strict about some things and theres alot of sidework but the managers never really say anything if you don't keep up on it so it's pretty easy to just hang out and turn tables. Wouldnt recommend to a friend because i didnt actually like most of the people i worked with but again if you just clock in, do your job and leave its not horrible.
Overworked and not worth my time
Server and Bartender (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMay 17, 2018
Hands down the worst restaurant I've ever worked for. Training sucked, there's a ton of rules, they nickel and dime people so the clientele complain a lot. No tattoos or piercings, so wearing a long sleeved shirt is ridiculous all year.
Pros
Discount
Cons
No life
Productive and fun place to work
Head Server (Former Employee) –  Cicero, NYApril 25, 2018
Tully's can be extremely busy. I loved working there as I love fast pace work. You're almost always working as a server and not too much standing around. It can be stressful on busy days but it is worth it in the end.
Pros
Discounted meals
Cons
Customer service can be rough
Dont treat you with respect. Fire people for no reason.
Server (Former Employee) –  Cicero, NYApril 2, 2018
I had seen several get fired when i was there as well as myself. The manager was a duschbag. No remorse. Your just a number. And yes i was one of the best servers!! Owners are duschy as well. All about that dollar. Very greedy. All the day servers were miserable.
Pros
Cons
Cameras on you at all times even when your in break room
Bad leadership.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Clark, PAMarch 3, 2018
Alot of shady things and people work there and go on . management is unfair as well. There is no evaluations or promotions for those who actually do there job daily .
Pros
Im a good cook so i know what im doing .
Cons
Bad management, bad teamwork bad atmosphere rcl
Great people
Porter / Maintenance / Dish / Busser / Bar-back (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYJanuary 31, 2018
People were generally great to work with. I worked there for most of a year in the back of the house. The pay was ok, the food was good. Didn't care for the owner..
Pros
free lunch
Cons
restaurants ignore holidays