Tulsa Community College Employee Reviews

Quiet place to do homework or work with a tutor
OFFICE CLERK (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 31, 2018
When arriving at work Management was getting ready to go home. I worked unsupervised my time I was working. I also had time to do homework while working. It was encouraged to get homework done in downtime. The tutors helped me in a couple of my subjects but not while I was working. I got to know the office equipment when it kept jamming or just stop working. I enjoyed the interaction from the other students even if it was brief. I know I would be seeing them in about one and a half hours. I had there keys and ID.
Pros
Great atmosphere to work in
Cons
It was only workstudy program for 20 hours a week.
Dont work for IT department
Desktop Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 29, 2018
I spent 11 years working for the company and I ran into countless occurrences of bad managers, unqualified employees, and bad salary. I went through 6 managers in 5 years which should be enough to show the low quality work environment in the IT department. You will be paired with individuals who are unqualified for their position but make more money than you because of the states system of only giving yearly raises across the board. You will have to stay for 15 -20 years to make any headway with your salary. You will not be rewarded for excelling and actually might be isolated if you are successful due to managers not being experienced and not wanting anyone to outshine them.
Pros
Laid back work environment
Cons
Terrible Management
review
Captain/Public Relations Officer (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 23, 2018
good department
ability to move up
insurance was good
job not hard, security type work
work life balance not good
deans and upper mgmt. were difficult to work with or communicate with
Pros
ability to move up
Generally good teaching environm
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 15, 2018
culture in transition; students are mixed backgrounds, i,e. high school and returning adults; general freedom in designing courses; blackboard is generally easy to use
Cronyism the only way to advance. Excellent education, poor administration
Academic Advisor (Former Employee) –  Owasso, OKMay 7, 2018
No chance for advancement unless you can curry favor or friendship among higher ups in management. No benefits for part time positions. Lack of respect for career or educational goals.
Pros
New campus
Cons
No acknowledgement for professional skills
Academic Institution
Assistant Professor Pediatrics (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 30, 2018
Awesome faculty and staff
Learned collaboration with an academic program
Culture is encouraging
Most difficult part of job was dealing with anxious students
Most enjoyable part of job was working with other faculty, participating in events and continuing education
Pros
State Benefits
Cons
No cons to speak of
Average for part time employment
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 30, 2018
Average for part time employment where no benefits are offered. Relaxed atmosphere but few opportunities for advancement. Great working with students but little, if any, communication with management if a problem occurs.
Fantastic colleagues
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 28, 2018
This institution offers very meaningful work within the community. The workplace culture is respectful of individual differences and supportive of employees.
Used to be a good job
Bookstore driver (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 11, 2018
They have laid off so many long time employees and cut so much funding no raises for almost anyone unless they re classified you, bookstore was just sold to a third party and more people lost jobs, mailroom was closed, janitors was also replaced by a third party company, no benefits for part time.
Pros
Free bus pass with ID
Cons
No raises, no benefits
Adjunct not career
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OK 74133March 13, 2018
Great students at TCC. Teaching is fun. NOt much opportunity for career advancement. They do offer professional development for part-time faculty. However, they rarely hire from within.
I love being a part-time adjunct instructor for Tulsa Community College.
Part-Time or Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKFebruary 21, 2018
TCC has multiple locations and so many different types of classes and availability of schedules. This allows students and employees to have an excellent work and home life balance if the wish to do so. Also these characteristics allow this to be an excellent part-time job.
Pros
Pay, flexible scheduling, support from departments
Cons
As with any adjunct position job security that a class will "make" is non-existent.
Adjunct Instructor
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKFebruary 12, 2018
Working for TCC is wonderful. However, they are limited by Oklahoma standards and pay is very low. It is a competitive environment, and so advancement is, unfortunately, unlikely.
Tcc
Technician and Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJanuary 24, 2018
Worked with students and faculty to troubleshoot networking, laptop, and software issues. Facilitated workshops in video creation and assisted with web page design. Great environment to work.
liked the machines
Operator I (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJanuary 17, 2018
Recorded printing orders, operated folder inserter equipment, and operated various
Copy machines, as well as performed routine maintenance on copy machines. Help
Maintain postage files, ordered supplies, and prepared time sheet. Supervised mail room
operations. Sorted incoming mail and outgoing mail. Delivered interoffice mail and
mail to other campuses. Operated tabbing machine. Operated Paragon I and II postage machine. Performed clerical duties of filing, light typing, and answering the phone.
I highly recommend it. It truly is a fun place to work!
Office Assistant, Adjunct Professors (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJanuary 2, 2018
A slow-paced environment with little competition. Everyone was happy to be there and happy to help customers. I highly recommend it. It truly is a fun place to work!
It always depends
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Campus, Metro Campus;Tulsa, OKDecember 29, 2017
If you ever leave, and want even a part time job with no benefits, you will be turned away. No matter what your skills. They also practice age discrimination.
Great student job
Office Support Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKDecember 24, 2017
During my time at the center, I was treated very well by great individuals who are friendly and realize people are very stressed about school and life. It was great atmosphere to learn basic customer service and great office etiquette.
Not Worth My Time
Adjunct Professor of English (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKDecember 24, 2017
Working for Tulsa Community College was a waste of time. Not only did I carry a full-time teaching load without adequate salary or benefits, I was given very little respect among my colleagues, some of whom had been teaching for so long in their positions that they had lowered, or failed to adapt, their standards to the increasing intellectual demands of the Academy. It was a stifling and disappointing atmosphere to work in, and I do not recommend new teachers, or old teachers, try to join such a frustratingly small-minded community.
Pros
Cons
Lack of Autonomy
Relaxed workplace
Clerk I (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKDecember 20, 2017
Pros
Free lunch on Wednesdays
Cons
Too many employees
Overall
Education Specialist (Current Employee) –  West CampusDecember 19, 2017
TCC is a good place to work at. There is not much room for growth. Management is lacking in my specific department. Our voices are not heard in ways we would like them to be.