Tumbleweed Tex Mex Grill & Margarita Bar

Tumbleweed Tex Mex Grill & Margarita Bar Employee Reviews

okay work enviorment
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 19, 2019
could have choose workers a little more carefully. a lot of blatant drug users, and drinkers. many days of under staffed do to no call no shows. granted, the particular location was shut down.
Productive and fast paced work environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Murray, KYFebruary 12, 2019
One of my favorite jobs to date. Gave me many opportunities and a fast way to meet people. I still remain friends with co workers from there. Made me who I am today,
workplace
Hotess (Former Employee) –  Maysville, KYFebruary 2, 2019
Amazing people to work with. Fun and loving environment to work in.Some of the co-workers are rude but you just over look them and go on about your day. Managers are sweet.
They could pay more
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Madisonville, KYJanuary 21, 2019
Managment skills are lacking, it could be cleaner. Business is very slow, ,I think they should advertise more. I think it should be remodeled, so it's more up to date.
Pros
Friendly co workers
Cons
Low pay
Very productive, fun, fast paced, good money.
Server/T.C. (Corporate Training Coordinator) (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 14, 2019
Depends on locations, I worked at a few. Most of them are high volume, so burn and turn if your waiting tables. You have to make your own salads and desserts. If you are tending the bar, a jigger is used to achieve 100% specifications (Every bar drink should look and taste exactly the same, no matter what location or who makes it. You have an abundant amount of resources to expand knowledge and teach. Team work is something every location enjoys to see, and is practiced rather often. If you make it at Tumbleweed, you can make it anywhere, as far as casual dining goes.
Pros
Great money, fun, amazing structure, and an fantastic place to learn aboit restaurant operations.
Cons
Very stressful if you dont have thick skin, too many hours, salaries could be much better.
Hardest part of the job
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Maysville, KYDecember 5, 2018
There is a high turnover rate in the food service industry. It takes a while to get a decent crew who shows up to work and does a decent job. Once you have a solid crew it runs pretty smoothly most of the time, however, at a moments notice someone could decide they don't want to work anymore and walk out, leaving you to pick up the slack.
Pros
Management is easy to talk to, 15% discount on meals and free soft drinks when you are working, After 1 year if you have an average of 30 hours you earn 1 week of paid vacation
Cons
High turnover, most people lack motivation, low pay, no benefits.
Good management, fair pay, but whiney servers.
Busser (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 3, 2018
As a busser in tumbleweed i had a lot of business oriented contact with the servers, and they were very uncompliant to give gratuity for much of my time there. I was paid, and there were great understanding servers, but the bad always seemed to overshadow the good, with some servers causing scenes, and seeming partaking in questionable activities on breaks and in the parking lot. The servers may have been stubborn, but most nights I never felt shorthanded, and once I knew who to help, I was paid kindly. The management filled in the gaps from there, my general manager was a good guy, he was fair, and delegated well, along with letting me take a rest on busy nights. I only wish I was able to work more often.
Pros
Good management and general staff, fair pay, and flexible breaks
Cons
shifty and whiney servers, few hours, extremely fast paced.
Fast paced job environment
Hostess (Former Employee) –  New Albany, INNovember 13, 2018
It was a good job to work at but I was denied a raise on multiple occasions and just couldn’t afford to work there anymore. There were many friendly coworkers and good laughs all around but it just wasn’t for me anymore.
Pros
Good coworkers, free food
Cons
Low pay
Fun while it lasted.
Server/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Jeffersonville, INOctober 21, 2018
I mainly only stayed for the people I was a certified trainer who did not want to become a manager due to most of them treated employees so poorly we considered calling for help. After the people I was taking care of got new jobs I had no reason to stay there making little to no money when it was never guaranteed be treated poorly by 90% of management and continue to work 3 jobs trying to make ends meet at my tiny apartment. When I got the clear they where taken care of I knew tumbleweed chapter in my life had ended and it was time to better myself.
Pros
Great hard working and loyal staff
Cons
Management and hours where always cut to the lowest hiring in new people that weren’t needed.
a fun place to work
Sever/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Maysville, KYOctober 16, 2018
i really enjoyed working for tumble weed. very friendly staff, only thing i didnt like is hiding my tattoos an piercings, paid good money. wish i didnt have to leave
Great work environment
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Shepherdsville, KYSeptember 22, 2018
I have not worked at tumbleweed in a few years so I don't remember much about how things were. I do know that I liked my job and co workers. It was a fun laid back place to work. I was just going thru a tough time and ended up quiting
Great
Key Hourly Manager (Former Employee) –  Somerset, KYJuly 20, 2018
I loved my entire time at tumbleweed. A great place to work with great people. I learned a lot of my best skills there. One big happy family at the end of the day.
Its a great place to work
Server (Current Employee) –  Madisonville, KYJuly 18, 2018
I love working here but we only get paid 2.13 an hour plus we have to turn in money at the end of our shift so it takes alot away from us. Working at Tumbleweed is an good environment and fast paced so you're always going unless we don't have very many customers.
Pros
Tips and good food
Cons
Only 2.13 an hour
Fun and amazing place to work
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Zanesville, OHJuly 15, 2018
I loved my time here and was sad to leave. The only reason I left was because I had to move to North Carolina. The people are great and so is the atmosphere!
Pros
Discounted lunch and opportunity to make more money
Cons
Working doubles
Fun to work at, love the people there
Food Runner and Hostess (Current Employee) –  Madisonville, KYJuly 6, 2018
Good first job and goood as a part time job. It’s fun to be there and love the workers there. Can be very busy at times but it’s manageable tobwork there.
Pros
Discounted food
Cons
Not enough hours
great place to work
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 18, 2018
I learned a lot of newskills working at tumbleweed including p& l revies managing seversl assistants working in full service with bar sales etc working in high volume
No longer in business.
Line Cook/Kitchen (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 28, 2018
Working at Tumbleweed was a good working environment, good management, but they are no longer in business in Louisville, KY. It was a good opportunity to gain experience.
closed
Server (Former Employee) –  DelawareMay 13, 2018
this restaurant has been closed for several years. It was a Te-Mex restaurant with poor management. working there was fun but overwhelming due to being chronically short staffed.
Pros
they are closed
Cons
closed
Fun place to work at..
Server/Waiter (Current Employee) –  Heath, OHApril 26, 2018
Kids love the animals on the wall, parents like they eat free every Sunday. Our guest love all Specials from Margaritas Mondays to thursty Thursday. Bogo Tuesdays are a big hit, and now $6.99 Cheese burgers/unlimited fries.
Tumbleweed
Server (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, KYApril 23, 2018
A fast paced and friendly environment with room to advance as I did. Money is to be made if you work for it. I never thought I would leave Tumbleweed. I put my heart and soul in to it.
Pros
Half off meals.
Cons
Stressful but beneficial.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tumbleweed Tex Mex Grill & Margarita Bar. Our community is ready to answer.