Tundra Restaurant Supply Employee Reviews

Watch your own back
Sales Support (Current Employee) –  Boulder, CONovember 1, 2018
The employees at tundra are encouraged to be self serving. Unless you can manage to get into one of the school-age social cliques in your first week, you will be unwelcome by everyone. One example of the unwelcoming environment is when I first started I had sat at my desk crying through half of one of my shift after a major life event and no one has ever spoken to me about it. The culture around tundra is not a caring one.
Pros
No accountabilty. you can get away with anything
Cons
No accountabilty. Everyone gets away with anything
Large company with small company family values
Purchasing/Senior Expeditor (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COSeptember 14, 2018
Tundra is a fast growing company looking to balance growth with their old values of respect for their employees. Employees usually had the opportunity to do their job without too much micro-managing.
Great co workers and boss
Material Handler I (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COJuly 17, 2018
I enjoyed the people that I worked with so the long hours seemed shorter. I learned a lot of warehouse skills including (forklift, pallet jack, scan gun, packing, shipping and attention to detail).
Good place to work!
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 16, 2017
Good place to work but no real path for career advancement..management did not offer a clear path and were mostly looking at external candidates rather than internal.
Good place to work at just need some change.
Receiving Clerk/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COAugust 3, 2016
Have worked there for 9years ,my shift is from 7am-3.30pm.I did learn a lot from inventory management to forklift driving.Some of my co-workers were okay and some were not but i have been able to handle all of them.The hardest part is that there is to much growth with little space for the products.Most enjoyable part of the job has been the time i have been able to get off plus the benfits.
There have been some amazing people that i have worked with to.
Pros
Less communication
Cons
Been able to learn a lot
Productive place concerned only with money.
Showroom Customer Support/Sales (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COApril 12, 2014
Tundra has been around for 20 years now, and it is not what it used to be by far. New management has formed a new vision and mold, and if you don't fit it, you will by kept around only to be bullied and stepped on. If you're getting jerked around, don't expect it to stop, or get better. They will fault you on every thing they possibly can solely to justify their actions towards you, which aren't justifiable either way.

Bottom line, if you're not a manager, or haven't already been working there for years, don't bother working at this place. And if you do, keep your head down and hope you don't work in Sales or Customer Service.
Pros
Some times the customers are nice.
Cons
Managers promote inequality in salary and discipline
Boiler Room
Sales (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COMarch 11, 2014
Boiler room environment. Compensation reports were always incorrect. Very high turn over. Principles in the company make money the rest starve. If you're desperate apply, if not move on! Don't waste your time! Beware!
Pros
Na
Cons
Everything!
Great Place to Work
Manager, Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COFebruary 7, 2014
If you love living in Boulder, this is a great place to put some roots in. Growing company with great values.
Pros
Relaxed work environment
Cons
Pay scale slightly below market, but great benefits
Growing fast pace work place.
Sr. Online Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COJuly 31, 2012
Tundra is a growing faster than it can handle. With 30% growth Y/Y, a typical day at tundra is fast pace and high stress. With stretch goals that are almost unreachable, there is a lot of tension within departments.

I learned to be very efficient and manage my time wisely. Everything I know about e-commence I owe to Tundra and my manager is great. The hardest part about working at Tundra is the lack of resources. The company is growing so fast it is hard to keep up!

The most enjoyable part of my job are my co-workers. They are a great group of people that I will keep in-touch with for life. Everyone works hard to play hard. I also enjoy learning something new every day. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't learn a new trick, fact, process, or explanation.
Pros
health benefits, casual dress code, friendly employees, growing
Cons
low salary, lack of resources, vigorous goals, inexperience management