Turn 5, Inc. Management reviews

Not so great place to work.
Issue Resolution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Malvern, PAApril 17, 2019
They try to make it seem like it is a great place to work with all of the activities and free food, etc. I would have preferred a raise than all of the money they spent on frivolous things to "hype" up the atmosphere. Parties and giveaways after your shift is over that they expect you to waste your time at. They push away great employees because of the overwhelming amount of work without any raises. They have a bonus structure that is only given to a few employees rather than everyone who meets the criteria. If you're 18 it's great, if you're trying to make a career out of it, don't waste your time or energy. You will just be used up for everything you give and spit out. You're merely a number in a seat that is easily dispensable. Corporate headquarters and the directors of each department don't do their job, constant holds on orders because finance doesn't pay their bills in a timely matter while you are left getting screamed at by customers because of their incompetence along with misleading or incorrect product information listed on the website that the customer service center reps have to deal with the fall out with no real management support. If you're a brown noser and keep your head down than MAYBE you have a chance to succeed, but unlikely.
Pros
Occasional free food
Cons
everything else
Worst place ever
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSApril 17, 2019
Wish I had read the reviews before I was hired on. Managment is awful. They feed you a line of B.S. anytime you ask a question about ANYTHING. This company just wants warm bodies.
Pros
None that I see
Cons
Working here
Fun and Productive workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Malvern, PAMarch 14, 2019
They really do take care of their employees. They train you once you are hired so that you know what to do when you start. The benefits are really nice and definitely worth it.
Stay away
Manager (Former Employee) –  Paoli, PAJanuary 31, 2019
This place has changed so much. You see incredibly flashy stories on the news about a fun culture when in reality it is all a farce. The new building is nice however the culture changed from growing employees to lets create a new reason to grow the business and bend our employees over a barrel. Its a shame to see the trend this place has taken but all this company is right now is a stepping stone to a better career. In addition there are a couple incredibly unqualified directors in this company that HR and the Exec team protect. It seems even if an entire team puts a complaint in about management it is brushed off and not taken seriously. You would be best suited to go some place else that will care and grow you as an employee and person.
Pros
cool building, free coffee
Cons
everything not listed in Pro's
never work there.
Distribution Associate (Current Employee) –  Malvern, PAJanuary 26, 2019
outbound was running with enexperienced manager and supervisor, lots safety issue in that place and always watch your back dont trust nobody there, they are so manipulative
Cons
lack of communication
Stressful
Sr. Issue Resolution Specialist (Customer Service) (Former Employee) –  Malvern, PAJanuary 11, 2019
The job done was never good enough no matter how well you did. A clear favoritism toward the corporate side of the company over the customer service side. Certain days were better than others of course, but much more bad days than good. Management have clear favorites and were only concerned with making sales. The general safety of workers was also not taken into consideration (I.E a snow storm last year where employees were made to feel forced to come in no matter their commute and were disciplined if they did not come in and stay their whole shift, only customer service though, corporate went home, there was also no hotel provided for afterwards, people were driving home in an ice storm at night)
A whole lot of non sense
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Malvern, PAJanuary 10, 2019
Not a good place for advancement or your future. Poor operations management in fulfillment and warehouse. Just another number in the employment ranks.
A Stressful Mess
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Malvern, PAJanuary 5, 2019
Turn 5 was my first experience with the aftermarket automotive industry. As well it was my first time working with such a young start-up company. As a result of it being so young, Turn 5 did have many enticing promises. A fast-paced work environment with great teamwork and growth opportunities. It seemed like it was anything but. My time at Turn 5 in the beginning was quite great actually. Everyone seemed to get along well and the work was manageable. However after a new system was put in place, the H.R department openly mocked those that disliked the new implementations and said that we could all leave if we did not like the changes. That taunt in fact led to the downfall of the Call Center in Turn 5. Many veterans of the company did in fact leave in the following weeks and months and now the Center is a shadow of its former self.

Call centers are normally revolving doors, but these were people who had worked there for four and five years that were passionate about the company. With so many departing and Turn 5 continuing to grow the workload became overbearing. The managers became stressed and overworked which made it more difficult for them to help the new people that were needed to fill the gaps. On a personal level, I was not even working in the position that I was hired for. I was promised that I would only be working in this position for a few months which quickly extended to my entire career with Turn 5. Each time I tried to apply to a new position or work to the one I was hired for, Turn 5 moved the goal post, truly providing nothing for my labor.

The final
  more... nail in the coffin had been the way we treated our customers. We were not provided with many means of actually tending to their needs but rather to just push the problem away momentarily. Once we removed warranties as well on products that were known to have high failure rates we only further created more work for ourselves with less means of solving problems. I cannot recommend Turn 5 as much as I would like to. It started off strong and had a lot of good opportunities, but red tape, poor management and a lack of reasonable methods of aid brought this part of the company to its knees.  less
Pros
Fun Co-workers
Cons
Short Breaks, short lunches, strict deadlines, stressful environment, poor management
Fake, Two Faced, Cut-Throat, Set in an Agendas
Sales (Former Employee) –  Paoli, PAJanuary 3, 2019
On the outside, the company seems really flashy and like it has a fun work environment. There is a bowling alley and barista on staff. There is a lot of meetings where they have free food at the end but the fun stops there. When you get into your day-to-day operations, you are immediately hit with unrealistic expectations and told that these are your lifelines. You cannot go to management for help because they feel like you are wasting their time even though they set you up to fail by not properly training you on key roles to your job. This starts the cycle of the manager micro-managing you as well as making sure that they use you as a scapegoat for any of their short comings. There is no help from HR in this company either. HR and management are very friendly with each other so when you have an issue or want to raise a concern, your opinions will fall on deaf ears as HR will support management, NOT THE EMPLOYEE. Managers will have agendas once they do not see eye-to-eye with their employees and move to have them removed at any cost, even if you are doing your job correctly. If something is not done their way, it is wrong.
Advancement in the company is also a complete lie. For you to advance, you have to make sure that you get into an inner-circle within your department as well as over-exceed on those previously mentioned unattainable goals.
YOUR TIME IS BEST SUITED AVOIDING THIS PLACE AT ALL COSTS.
The lowest level employees are the best to work with but as you start moving up, you will soon realize that you have wasted your years working extremely hard just so you can
  more... be used as the example of an employee who did not meet expectations.  less
Pros
Some industry perks
Cons
Ownership and management cliques, HR is useless, pay compensation will never match the amount of work you do
fast paced environment working in the automotive aftermarket
Customer Experience Representative (Current Employee) –  Paoli, PANovember 17, 2018
if you enjoy working with automobiles this is the place to be, fast paced 4 - 10 hour days, slow season they cut back hours, sometimes management is of no help with assisting customer with their issues and you have to fend for yourself or rely on other departments to communicate to the customer on the questions they may have. they state that sales aren't part of your performance, but if you fall below $495/hr, you are reprimanded. not everyone is looking to purchase when they call for product information.
in training you are told that in 6 months you will get a raise and become a level 2 rep and in 12 months you will get another raise and become a level 3 rep, but it does not work like that and once you are a level 3 rep, there is no room for advancement.
Cool place to work, but no advancement.
Corporate (Current Employee) –  Paoli, PANovember 14, 2018
Cool place to work, fun and young environment. Good to work here for a little but not a career choice. No room for advancement, lack of raise/pay. Management is so focused on growing the company, they dont focus on their employees and their place within the company.
There is constant change going on, in the way we go about our work. One day we do something this way, the next day, a different way. Constantly trying to reinvent the wheel here.

Overall a great place though if you just want a temporary place to work and gain some experience.
ping pong tables
Staff Photographer (Former Employee) –  Norristown, PASeptember 6, 2018
I liked working there for the most part. No room for advancement for me. I feel I was put in a situation where I could not effectively do my job, then the department was restructured and I was laid off.
Pros
Bowling alley
Cons
Two-faced management
Not a fun place
Sales Professional (Former Employee) –  Pottstown, PAAugust 12, 2018
Stay away unless you want to peddle cheap chinese parts that are most of the time out of stock. The worst management team ever, if you raise your flag they may or may not come to assist you because there either texting or talking to each other. Most days spent trying to explain to customer where their out of stock part is making it impossible to make the unfair bonus program. Should be called Apology Muscle. DO NOT waste your valuable time and energy with the company.
Pros
Cons
Worst management ever
Downhill trend
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Malvern, PAJuly 26, 2018
Started working for a department where a bill of goods was sold to us with promises of advancement, career opportunities, department-related training and education, transparency with managers, etc. After three years of working, with a number of hiccups along the way, such as spurious "performance improvement plans" to prevent application to other departments, multiple bosses leaving, abusive supervisors and management, it turned out to be a false sell. I learned a fair bit, but it required a large amount of personal initiative. By far the lower level employees were the most enjoyable part of the job, and I continued working only for the people and friends I had made there. Turnover is fairly high. Management was out of touch with the daily worker, and the need to squeeze the average worker for benefit of the profit margin became obvious. Bonus plans for my department were schemed on patently unavoidable issues out of the hands of employees, benefiting those workers who ignored guidelines and hurting those who played by the rules; this had to be the hardest part of the job.
Pros
Solid benefits (PPO plan), 401k, enjoyable lower level employees.
Cons
Disaffected management, HR staff. Few advancement opportunities, cult of personality.
Decent
Sales Representative / Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Malvern, PAMay 16, 2018
-Typical work day, non-stop on phones for 10 hours
-Learned about cars
-Management has good and bad people
-Culture is okay, no dress code
-Hardest is hours for pay
-Enjoyable, no dress code
Pros
Dress code, some free lunches
Cons
Short breaks, NO leniency on clocking it, pay
Seems like a great place to work
Demand Planning Manager (Current Employee) –  Paoli, PAMarch 4, 2018
The focus at Turn5 should be a less about the fun, young work environment and more on the transparency of management's desired direction so teams can properly execute on the plan.
Pros
Free Lunch, Bowling Alley - FUN!
Cons
Little to no management transparency
They don’t want you if your over 30
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Malvern, PAFebruary 23, 2018
You could have all the experience in the world that this company needs and wants. But, if your over 30 you’re not going to have your job long. Extremely judgmental and look down on you. The only thing this job is good for is a starter job. This place has cliques and if you don’t fit their “ trend “ you’ll be treated about average especially when you need help. Like I said good for a starter stay here a year and leave.
Pros
Casual dress and different shifts available
Cons
Work politics, bonus pay, and cliques
Great people but needs some work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Malvern, PAFebruary 9, 2018
Great people great management training could use some work but no training is perfect. I can not overstress the other reps you work with are great people and its a great job if u love to talk about cars but managers are hit or miss like anywhere else, floor manager is awsome was lucky to be right outside her door. My biggest complaint is that they bill and train u as a CS rep but then the thing they judge you on the most is sales, that was the biggest reason I choose not to come back after school. I'm not the best at sales and because of that there was no advancement opportunity for me. Hopefully I can return for a non CS job because it is a great company to work for just have to have the right job.
Pros
People you work with + pay
Cons
Long hours and sales driven advancement
Worst company to ever work for next to walmart
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Malvern, PANovember 20, 2017
This place is bad if your not a suck up you wont get far the place is very click and if your not in the managers fan club of preps then you wont like it there they took away raises and give you barely anything for a bonus every quarter the only reason you work there is for the big discounts thats the only good thing about working there other then that this place is garbage the pay is horrible they expect soo much but pay there people very poorly
Pros
Big discounts
Cons
Everything place is horrible
Call center work with little room for advancement
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Malvern, PASeptember 27, 2017
Like any call center, there is a high employee turnover rate. Middle and upper management positions are limited, and options for career advancement are limited.

This is a good place to work if you are desperate for a job, or need something to do while looking for more gainful employment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Turn 5, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

3.4Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight