Turnberry Ocean Colony Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Productive place to work
Overnight Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Sunny Isles Beach, FLMarch 26, 2018
Knowing when to give positive feedback is half the battle. Common instances which warrant recognition are when you’ve noticed your colleague demonstrate exceptional skills, when they’ve achieved a personal goal or when they’re in need of encouragement. Keep in mind that reasons for giving feedback should be measured based on the individual, not on the size of the achievement.
Very thankful to be a part of this condo families
Captain/Server (Current Employee) –  North Miami, FLOctober 29, 2017
Was about to start my career in working with Turnberry ocean colony for lifetime but Life come with different plan and as the birth of my child has changed that and I am heading in the same direction on a different app
Pros
Awesome
Good place, terrible management
Pool Attendant (Former Employee) –  Sunny Isles Beach, FLOctober 23, 2017
Great place to grow, and learn about the business. However, management will make it impossible for you to advance, and truly improve career wise. They value their own opinion too much, and do not consider each individual employee as a fully mature and responsible human being, capable of making their own decisions or suggestions on how to improve service. Service will never be 5 stars because of this, so I feel bad for this place. It was glorious back in the day, but not anymore.
Pros
Good pay, lots of experience
Cons
clueless management, bad chain of command
Terrible experience
Server (Former Employee) –  Sunny Isles Beach, FLJune 4, 2017
Management doesn't care about employees. Managers working hard for their Kickbacks. This place is going down. Do not work there if you care about your mental health safety.
Stay away from there!
Pool Attendant (Former Employee) –  Sunny Isles Beach, FLMarch 5, 2017
Would not recommend working for this company. TOC is not an ideal work environment. Management has no idea what their doing and very very dysfunctional; Hours are continually being cut. You will be expected to be available 24/7. They make it known that everyone is replaceable.

Advice to the Board Members:
Bring in professional management. Understand what's actually going on at your Company and how it works.
Pros
Some Coworkers
Focus on Professionalism
Front Desk Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Sunny Isles Beach, FLJanuary 26, 2016
A place of luxury through and through Turnberry Ocean Colony is one of the best of it's kind. In the services it provides and the atmosphere inside.
Turnberry Ocean Colony
Spa Assistant Director (Former Employee) –  Sunny Isles BeachMarch 16, 2014
Turnberry Ocean Colony in Sunny Isles Beach. It was considered the first of its kind, and the best in south florida.
I started here as a hostess part time, and quickly move my way up the food chain to Assistant Spa Director. Im assuming youre questioning, why would someone move from Food and Beverage to a Spa? Well, I worked for a year assisting my Food and Beverage director for two years. I literally ate, slept and breathed Turnberry Ocean Colony. I knew every resident by name, their childrens, neice's, nephews, grandchildren's names. I knew their allergies, their favorite ice cream, what would make them happy when they were down, how to approach them when they were upset. I assisted my Food and Beverage Director with all the special events for the residents, and private events. We threw everything from a children's party to elaborate weddings. I did this all with the position as a server. I learned everything i could about the Hospitality Industry, patience, and the drive to work harder.
One day the controller approached me and started asking me questions about Purchase orders, budgets, payroll, events and anything in between. The following week they told me that I would now be training with the spa director to become the acting spa director. The training took 3 days....The residents were alerted that I would be taking over after 60 days and a Spa Director was put into the position. I increased revenue annually by over $65k, turned the spa into a new social atmosphere for the residents, brought in larger clientele, added new retail products, new lines, procedures, packages
  more... and created a working list to continue development of all the therapists.  less
Pros
Great Team
Cons
Change in management
Front desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Sunny isles, floridaJuly 3, 2013
Fun staff that looks for the greater good of the residents. Awesome residents and staff
Valet Supervisor (Former Employee) –  miami ,FLMay 10, 2012
i learn to give the best service
i have good co-workers
the hard part was the we have to work under the sun