Turnberry Employee Reviews

dinamico
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Aventura, FLMarch 4, 2019
encargada en la logistica e inventraio del restaurante junto a otro companeros. trabajaos de oficina y asistente adminitrativo del restaurante
Aventura Mall Expansion
Accountant / Project Controller (Former Employee) –  Aventura, FLDecember 28, 2018
Excellent corporate. My job was to account and report on the recently completed $213.5 million Aventura Mall Expansion project. The construction / development team for that project performed extremely well.
Constriction
Buck Hoist Operator (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 30, 2018
The contrition part of turnberry can be very demanding. I worked from 6:30 a.m to 5:30 P.M. form Monday-Friday and 6:30 A.M. -3:30 P.M. every other Saturday.
Was excellent
Bartender (Former Employee) –  19999 W. Country Club & Drive, Aventura, FL. 33180November 27, 2018
Working in such company was majestic because of the guess clientele were more different on status economic and class, which mean the rapport social in life perspective were more elevated to the need service.
Pros
Good communication skill
Cons
Lacks off opportunity growth
great place to work
Guest Services/ Housekeeping Department Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 30, 2018
my job is checking the floor and checking with the front desk and make sure the room is ready for guest arrive.let eng know issue the are wrong in the guest room
Great Place to work
Turnberry Associates_ Bellman (Former Employee) –  Sunny Isle, VISeptember 25, 2018
The Turnberry was a great working environment and working experience, I would recommend this company to a friend. The manager were all great and that helped to keep the employee happy.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
N/a
Great place
Host (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 19, 2018
I enjoyed this company overall, however the managers were always transferring to another department. It was a fast paced environment filled with new surprises daily. I have seen many celebrities including Jack Nickel-son and Dennis Redmen. It was a great experience overall.
Banquet Server On Call / Bartender On Call (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLJuly 2, 2018
I like working there, good people, collaborative group. Nice grounds and atmosphere. Fair managers, all is at a quick distance. Well supplied, makes it easy.
Intern (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 20, 2018
I was really excited for the opportunity to Intern here. The people are great, management is really down to earth and appreciates the uniqueness of every individual. A typical day for me consist on working on projects. People are very friendly here and Turnberry teaches you many things. They really do believe in being exceptional in everything that they do. The most enjoyable part of the job is the ability to think critically to accomplish a task without being micromanaged.
Pros
Friendliness, Learning opportunities, Career Advancment
Cons
None that I can think of.
Great Organization.
Front Desk (Current Employee) –  CourtyardMay 30, 2018
Seems like a great organization to work for. Very well organized and professional. Great benefits. Great Management, with leadership skills. Would recommend to anyone.
Pros
Free Lunch
Great Place
Manager (Former Employee) –  Aventura, FLMay 22, 2018
Is a great place to work were you meet so many people, from locals and repeat guest all the way to guest coming from the other side of the world. Like all business they have their good and bad things and Turnberry is no exception.
My most enjoyable part of the job was the staff I worked with, and guests I meet on a daily basis.
The hardest part was no sense of organization. Meaning that there where projects that needs to be turned in with little to no time, as well as, no guidance, no support team, no supplies or explanation given over.
Pros
hotel discounts, benefits, lunch
Cons
micro management, unfairness
Great benefits and great people but poor direct manger
Network Administrator (Former Employee) –  Aventura, FLMay 22, 2018
was a great location and great coworkers. great benefits. very poor direct manger with very bad people skills. threaten to fire me for taking off to be at the birth of my son after agreeing to it when I was hired. as far as the job, new problems each day keep you on your toes. many locations made it fun to travel and see new faces each day.
Pros
new isues make it exciting and good people
Cons
poor manager made pros not worth it
June 15, 2018

We are very sorry for the negative experience you had with us. It's helpful to understand what was included in your day-to-day tasks.

My first Job!
Front Office Supervisor / Manager on Duty (Former Employee) –  Aventura, FLMay 19, 2018
I started in accounting and moved on to Front Office Supervisor. Needless to say, this company believes in promoting from within. Amazing work enviroment and probably the best cafeteria in any hotel in the world.
good
Turndown attendant (Former Employee) –  Aventura, FLMay 18, 2018
they were a friendly environment to work in well managed company unfortunately after remodeling i was laid off due to new management taking over the company
Low salaries
Food & Beverage Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Aventura, FLMay 14, 2018
I was doing all of the department's manager work without being recognized for it, employees training, inventories, schedule, payroll and somebody else would get the bonuses and even though the GM knew about it he would not do anything because they were friends
June 15, 2018

Thank you so much for your review and sharing your experience! It must have been quite a career development experience for you.

We are also very sorry about your negative experience.

Wish nothing but a bright future for you!

Great company to work for
Bistro Attendant (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 1, 2018
Everyone employed at turnberry has been very nice and my first week of employment has been very informative with plenty opportunities to learn about the company and opportunities for growth with in
Pros
Free training meals, discounts at various locations
June 15, 2018

We are also excited to watch your career grow with us!

Great place
Chef (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 1, 2018
Good job great benefits great management cool job place to grow up as employee great carrot cake team building activity fun place to work respectfully place
June 15, 2018

We are glad that you enjoy the workplace, Chef!

Good workplace good staff
Bistro Attendant (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 1, 2018
I really like how the associates and management work together to make everything go smoothly. Everyone has great customer service and always know how to help any given situation.
Pros
Benefits, pay, experience.
Cons
Short breaks, get up early.
June 15, 2018

Thank you for your review and for sharing the positive feedback! Courtyard by Marriott Orlando Downtown ranks #9 out of 669 hotels in Orlando, according to the ranking on TripAdvisor! We are glad to have you as part of the Orlando team!

Great place to work at
FD (Current Employee) –  Aventura, FLApril 23, 2018
Everyone at turnberry was very nice and friendly
Happy I got to work at a great establishment and made many new friends along the way. Excited for what the future has in stock with the company and me
June 15, 2018

Thank you very much for your review and for sharing the positive feedback! We are looking forward to growing with you!

Great brand
Executive Assistant & Site Administrator (Former Employee) –  Adventura, FLApril 9, 2018
Exciting Projects with super marketing and recognition. The Brand is multi-generational and has strong presence in SE FLA. Sub Contractors respect their contracts and offer high quality workmanship. City Inspectors sign off easily with quality projects. Trades bid well making scheduling smoother.
June 15, 2018

Thank you for your review and for sharing the positive feedback! We are very proud of our multi-portfolio! Providing top-notch quality projects and service is Turnberry's goal.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Turnberry. Our community is ready to answer.