Turnberry
66Average

Turnberry Pay & Benefits reviews

No work life balanced. Owner does not value employees. High turnover rate among management and staff. High pressure and stressful position. Raises are non-existent, unless you move to another position.
The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know people from different cultures.  As a new hire, they'll always be on top of you !If by any chance you want to make use of the printer,, you better pay for it! They will always make a big deal out of it!  Even if you're printing 1 page, which may cost 0.05 ,They will make you pay for it and wont make any exceptions on that! Whenever they hire you they don't tell you that you'll be working "part time" 5 days of the week , they do this, so they dont have to give you full benefits and then they'll give you a 15 minutes break !! You work the whole day standing on your feet for a 15 minutes break ! Like Seriously! Your schedule changes every week !
you work under pressure. there is little fellowship. little companionship, the good thing is that it is a stable job. payments are punctual and every end they get the most strenuous employee. It was good after all to work there, I really learned.
Pros
lunches at the end of the month, breadkfast thursday only
Cons
they have emergency kit
Very challenging company. Basic secretarial daily functions. I learned how to negotiate leases between a tenant and landlord. Help brought in many new tenants in mall.
Pros
Free lunches, dinners, cocktail parties
Cons
Great healthcare benefits
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
Turnberry is the good places for some body work they're giving you enough day to work to pay your bills they're like to make. Party for all employers they're make you satisfied, and they have a free lunches, free parking they have a group comes every year to give you good tips.And than no discrimination.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Seems like a great organization to work for. Very well organized and professional. Great benefits. Great Management, with leadership skills. Would recommend to anyone.
Pros
Free Lunch
Is a great place to work were you meet so many people, from locals and repeat guest all the way to guest coming from the other side of the world. Like all business they have their good and bad things and Turnberry is no exception. My most enjoyable part of the job was the staff I worked with, and guests I meet on a daily basis. The hardest part was no sense of organization. Meaning that there where projects that needs to be turned in with little to no time, as well as, no guidance, no support team, no supplies or explanation given over.
Pros
hotel discounts, benefits, lunch
Cons
micro management, unfairness
was a great location and great coworkers. great benefits. very poor direct manger with very bad people skills. threaten to fire me for taking off to be at the birth of my son after agreeing to it when I was hired. as far as the job, new problems each day keep you on your toes. many locations made it fun to travel and see new faces each day.
Pros
new isues make it exciting and good people
Cons
poor manager made pros not worth it
June 15, 2018
We are very sorry for the negative experience you had with us. It's helpful to understand what was included in your day-to-day tasks.
Good job great benefits great management cool job place to grow up as employee great carrot cake team building activity fun place to work respectfully place
June 15, 2018
Thank you for your review and for sharing the positive feedback! Courtyard by Marriott Orlando Downtown ranks #9 out of 669 hotels in Orlando, according to the ranking on TripAdvisor! We are glad that you enjoy the workplace, Chef!
I really like how the associates and management work together to make everything go smoothly. Everyone has great customer service and always know how to help any given situation.
Pros
Benefits, pay, experience.
Cons
Short breaks, get up early.
June 15, 2018
Thank you for your review and for sharing the positive feedback! Courtyard by Marriott Orlando Downtown ranks #9 out of 669 hotels in Orlando, according to the ranking on TripAdvisor! We are glad to have you as part of the Orlando team!
Lacking of career growth and development for employees Needs improvement in terms of compensation and benefits especially to Rank and File employees. Work-life balance
I love the company, great benefits, great work environment, great staff, great HR staff. I am very happy to be back working with this company. Thank you!
June 15, 2018
Thank you for your review and for sharing your positive feedback! We are glad to have you back on the team too!
A lot fun, different languages and people. Focus and Respect for your work is must. Teamwork is the key to have a successful operation in the kitchen.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
From the top down, Turnberry, promotes success through support and providing tools and guidance required to achieve goals. Benefits are excellent and opportunities for growth are available. Strengths and weaknesses are recognized fairly.
Pros
Excellent benefits, Pay meets or exceeds industry standard, Discounts are provided at Turnberry properties.
January 28, 2018
Thank you for your review. It's wonderful to hear positive feedback about your career with Turnberry, especially that you are provided the tools and guidance to succeed in your role. Keep up the great work!
Its ok ish for the most part other employee are one of the best part of working there. Food is good and free. Alot of different departments to work in
It's an enjoyable job, the residents are nice (98%). I have minimum supervision from management. If you start in November, you will find stressful because we have more residents during this period, but we get used to it, it will be a piece of cake!
Pros
Good salary and bonus
Cons
No 401(k)
Very poor management, if you have any concerns they would say if you don't like what is going on you can leave. The are many problems with the playground. The rules are not enforced by management which makes working at the playground difficult.
Pros
Discounts in the mall as an employee
Cons
There are no benefits
January 1, 2018
Thank you for your review. It's disappointing to hear that you did not have a positive experience working with us and we will share your feedback with HR leadership.
Turnberry was a dream job. I wish for everyone in their life time to work for a company as great as this. A++ rating in everything. Great managers, support people. Very relaxed company to work for.I wish I still worked for them.
Pros
Salary, perks, people, atmosphere
January 1, 2018
Thank you for your review. It's great to hear that you had a wonderful experience with us and we wish you success in your future role.
Productive and fun workplace with a team and good coworkers,benefits bonuses....the CEO is the best. They love work with people's for long time and grateful
January 1, 2018
Thank you for your review. We're pleased to hear that you enjoyed your coworkers and the many perks that come with a career at Turnberry.
Good place to work, a lot of opportunity. Usually busy. No room for advancement. Not much turnover at all in management positions. Not many promotions. Beautiful, big property across from Aventura mall.
Pros
free parking, uniforms, and meals.
Cons
No room for advancement, cheap on pay raises.
- Family oriented. - Good benefits. - Nice locations and facilities. - Good management. - Good HR Department. - Good team spirit. - Offer discounts and preps to employees.
Pros
Nice locations
Cons
Family run business